PDCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: PDCA

Postby BenchedEagle » Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:23 am

auto wrote:
Tony Clifton wrote:
auto wrote:
auto wrote:Enfield def favourites.

Sent from my SM-J530Y using Tapatalk
Expected a bite, pretty dissapointed tbh.

Whats peoples thoughts on this. Wicky has tried a stumping and appealed and been given not out. Batter within a second or two then walks out his crease and the keeper takes the stumps. Massive appeal. Not out. Tempers fire up. Auto sits down and says youre all tards while everyone carries on like pork chops. Had no real effect on the game. Out or not?

Why did the batter walk out of his crease?
Reach back to get his bat behind the crease, then when given not out lifted his bat to walk somewhere/ go for a wonder.

Id say the ball was dead after the 1st appeal. Not Out
BenchedEagle
League - Top 5

Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 50 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:29 am

BenchedEagle wrote:Without rehashing this, EP were given a simple ultimatum play grade 1 or no team at all.
They chose as a club to play grade 1 and have stuck it out for the most part.
No club wanted to fill the spot and no club wanted a bye. What else could’ve been done..

They did expect some key players to return after Xmas and hasnt quite happened for them.

LO1 an extremely competitive competition this year, might be the future for clubs that only have 1 maybe 2 teams and dont want to be part of the full form game. Prob best if that is left for the clubs that are serious about their cricket and have a decent program in place tbh.

And i wont say too much about Para Vista as I do genuinely like them as opponents who play fairly, but they certainly seem a bit shell shocked with actual competition.

It all certainly needs a good review post season and I hope all clubs engage and help form the sort the competition you want to be part of. Its an imperfect beast but at end of day it supports about 1000 cricketers to get a game of cricket every week.

Shellshocked? as far as the quality?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby The Bedge » Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:21 am

Who knows what the next 12-24 months looks like for cricket in this comp - especially 2 day stuff.

Every year it continues to shrink and get tougher, more lopsided or rather standards slipping.

Who knows if North Pines and Eastern Park will persevere in the top two grades.
Who knows if Angle Vale will be in Barossa.
Who knows if Salisbury West will move to turf.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3995 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:45 am

The Bedge wrote:Who knows what the next 12-24 months looks like for cricket in this comp - especially 2 day stuff.

Every year it continues to shrink and get tougher, more lopsided or rather standards slipping.

Eastern Park will re-emerge.
Pines will potentially have their A's go to Grade 3 so they will relish that.
Angle Vale and Royals to eventually move to the Barossa.
I doubt that the council will foot the bill for a turf wicket at Salisbury West and I doubt that they are financially stable enough to be able to do it themselves as well as the upkeep, I don't think the players would want to play every third week either, I think they enjoy the comradeship. ]
The Units and Smithfield are the clubs I'm most concerned about.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:52 am

I was at North Pines Monday night watching the women play, a young lad on his trail bike proceeded to ride across the oval and the rode along the western side of the oval kicking the cones or flicking them with his back wheel, he stopped up near the northern end goals where he was giving the bird and then went back to do the same to any cones that he missed.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby whufc » Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:57 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
The Bedge wrote:Who knows what the next 12-24 months looks like for cricket in this comp - especially 2 day stuff.

Eastern Park will re-emerge.
Pines will potentially have their A's go to Grade 3 so they will relish that.
Angle Vale and Royals to eventually move to the Barossa.
I doubt that the council will foot the bill for a turf wicket at Salisbury West and I doubt that they are financially stable enough to be able to do it themselves as well as the upkeep, I don't think the players would want to play every third week either, I think they enjoy the comradeship. ]
The Units and Smithfield are the clubs I'm most concerned about.

Would there be the demand for something like an Adelaide Hard Wicket Premier League. Something like the Amateur League but for hard wicket clubs. Must play 2 two crickets as part of the season, must enter an A & B Grade. Multiple divisions, could it be sponsored well enough that premiers receive prize money as an incentive, especially if they use frog Box for sponsorship.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5585 times
Been liked: 2526 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby #bleedredandblue » Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:10 pm

auto wrote:Havent seen too much LO1s this year but did see TW v NEK last week. NEK would have to be favs tho Millsy did say he was going to retire this year so if he doesnt play finals that would bring them back a bit.

Central United easy favourites, will have full team available come finals time and shit it in.. NEK will suit them even better come grand final day :) or they will have a home grand final if NEK choke in the semi
#bleedredandblue
Under 16s

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 52 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:35 pm

whufc wrote:
Would there be the demand for something like an Adelaide Hard Wicket Premier League. Something like the Amateur League but for hard wicket clubs. Must play 2 two crickets as part of the season, must enter an A & B Grade. Multiple divisions, could it be sponsored well enough that premiers receive prize money as an incentive, especially if they use frog Box for sponsorship.

You're an ideas man but you're living in a world 20 years late.

Cricketers generally love the social side of the game and given the fact that it's a summer sport, they live the beers that go with.

Community cricketers don't want to travel more than 15-20 minutes for a game nowadays, everyone is time poor as it is.

Leaving at 11:30am for a 1pm game on the other side of town when you might not get home til 8ish, later if you stop in for a beer isn't that appealing to most.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby BenchedEagle » Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:38 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
BenchedEagle wrote:Without rehashing this, EP were given a simple ultimatum play grade 1 or no team at all.
They chose as a club to play grade 1 and have stuck it out for the most part.
No club wanted to fill the spot and no club wanted a bye. What else could’ve been done..

They did expect some key players to return after Xmas and hasnt quite happened for them.

LO1 an extremely competitive competition this year, might be the future for clubs that only have 1 maybe 2 teams and dont want to be part of the full form game. Prob best if that is left for the clubs that are serious about their cricket and have a decent program in place tbh.

And i wont say too much about Para Vista as I do genuinely like them as opponents who play fairly, but they certainly seem a bit shell shocked with actual competition.

It all certainly needs a good review post season and I hope all clubs engage and help form the sort the competition you want to be part of. Its an imperfect beast but at end of day it supports about 1000 cricketers to get a game of cricket every week.

Shellshocked? as far as the quality?
Just not used to being pressed against decent opponents every week I guess. I still think they can sneak into the Top 4. Just need an upset on the run home, collect a few bonus points along the way and they should be ok.
In the last 4 years they only really had 1-2 teams that were even competitive against them.
BenchedEagle
League - Top 5

Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 50 times

Postby whufc » Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:56 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
whufc wrote:

Cricketers generally love the social side of the game and given the fact that it's a summer sport, they live the beers that go with.

Community cricketers don't want to travel more than 15-20 minutes for a game nowadays, everyone is time poor as it is.

Leaving at 11:30am for a 1pm game on the other side of town when you might not get home til 8ish, later if you stop in for a beer isn't that appealing to most.

Bloody weak.....i travelled 1hr 25 minutes on the weekend to play on a ground that didnt have a blade of grass...literally.

Then got a duck second ball of the game, playing a pull shot off the glove to keeper so i walked. The teammate who was umpiring then walks off after his stint and says 'didnt it hit you on the chest' :lol: :lol:

We got skittled for 78, they made it in 8 overs game was done by 4pm so we sank piss to god knows what time with the opposition and got home as the sun was rising.
whufc
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:00 pm

whufc wrote:
Bloody weak.....i travelled 1hr 25 minutes on the weekend to play on a ground that didnt have a blade of grass...literally.

Then got a duck second ball of the game, playing a pull shot off the glove to keeper so i walked. The teammate who was umpiring then walks off after his stint and says 'didnt it hit you on the chest' :lol: :lol:

We got skittled for 78, they made it in 8 overs game was done by 4pm so we sank piss to god knows what time with the opposition and got home as the sun was rising.

Country vs city mate. There's no comparison.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Dark Knight » Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:08 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
whufc wrote:

I've actually given Whufc's idea some thought recently too and how hardwicket cricket on Adelaide could be overhauled.

I've thought about the PDCA and ASCA eventually combining to create an Adelaide Hardwicket Cricket Association but maybe divide it into three conferences (North, Central and South) to reduce travel times. I haven't looked into which current clubs would be in each conference and where the 'borders' would be for each conference.

I would look at making it all one day matches (because I dont get why we still play two day cricket, I like having a result each week and one day matches make selections much easier from my experience) and have starting times as early as possible (at least 12pm) but I understand some people might still want to play two day cricket (to be fair ASCA's 7/7 format has been a winner and is fair across the association) and I also understand starting as earlier than 12.30 wouldn't work for everyone either.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10325 times
Been liked: 1519 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:23 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:I've actually given Whufc's idea some thought recently too and how hardwicket cricket on Adelaide could be overhauled.

I've thought about the PDCA and ASCA eventually combining to create an Adelaide Hardwicket Cricket Association but maybe divide it into three conferences (North, Central and South) to reduce travel times. I haven't looked into which current clubs would be in each conference and where the 'borders' would be for each conference.

I would look at making it all one day matches (because I dont get why we still play two day cricket, I like having a result each week and one day matches make selections much easier from my experience) and have starting times as early as possible (at least 12pm) but I understand some people might still want to play two day cricket (to be fair ASCA's 7/7 format has been a winner and is fair across the association) and I also understand starting as earlier than 12.30 wouldn't work for everyone either.

Anything is possible, we have Dublin in our comp, I think that would scare a lot of other clubs off when in essence it isn't as far away as it sounds. They have wonderful quaint set up, cheap piss, great hot dogs and their oval has come on in leaps and bounds over the years.

You can stop at the pub for a countery on your way out, great day out.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:40 pm

Clubs like Dublin are used all the time in these debates as to why not to explore these options (Pt Noarlunga could be another), but surely instead of ruling out due to that you’d explore various options such as neutral venues, or creating enough gap in divisions so it’s unlikely..

Worst case you’re looking potentially once a year - the other season we had to travel out to Dublin 4 times before Xmas as well as Two Wells.. is what it is, suck it up, expressway is a game changer.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:46 pm

BenchedEagle wrote:
Just not used to being pressed against decent opponents every week I guess. I still think they can sneak into the Top 4. Just need an upset on the run home, collect a few bonus points along the way and they should be ok.
In the last 4 years they only really had 1-2 teams that were even competitive against them.

Yes, it would be mid-grade 2 sort of standard, if Smithfield got their best side on the park on the same day they would be a formidable line up, I guess everyone except ATCO are under that umbrella though.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby whufc » Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:54 pm

The Bedge wrote:Clubs like Dublin are used all the time in these debates as to why not to explore these options (Pt Noarlunga could be another), but surely instead of ruling out due to that you’d explore various options such as neutral venues, or creating enough gap in divisions so it’s unlikely..

Worst case you’re looking potentially once a year - the other season we had to travel out to Dublin 4 times before Xmas as well as Two Wells.. is what it is, suck it up, expressway is a game changer.

I guess that would be another significant reasoning to argue for a hard wicket 'one day comp 'rather than two-day comp which would include back to weekends with large travel distance.

I have to be honest having played 6 years in a row of just one dayers, I do really miss batting in two day cricket....not so much the fielding and i bowl about the same number of overs. It is nice to get a result every week and its nice know you will get a bat every week but imo will be a sad day if two day cricket completely dies.

If a new comp had multiple formats for me they would have to be multiple competitions with finals for each comp. This would also include relegation/promotion separately so you could be div 1 in the two dayers div 2 in the one dayers. Challenge would be fitting in the weeks of cricket. Potentially doable with 6 team divisions I'm guessing but would prefer somehow to have 8.

A grade and B grade clubs would not compete against one another, go with the A1, A2, A3 and then B1, B2, B3 etc.
whufc
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:19 am

How's a bitter old man running around in the second lowest division carrying on like a pork chop.

Talking smack to a bunch of kids, sledging and threatening them badging them and knocking them out, abusing and trying to intimidate them during the game.

His club must be so proud of his antics each week.

Must really hurt his ego losing to a bunch of 14 year olds.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:38 am

Interesting scores in Grade 3 :shock:

Westies thanks to Benton doing a number on Virginia B - 17 wickets for 62 runs! Only 5 poles needed for an outright this weekend.

OTH and North Pines - 17 wickets in the day also, NP rolled for 80.. OTH probably a little premature / friendly with their declaration with a 9 run lead, have opened the door for a reverse outright.

Craigmore and Enfield batting all day for 162 and 192 respectively.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:47 am

The Bedge wrote:How's a bitter old man running around in the second lowest division carrying on like a pork chop.

Talking smack to a bunch of kids, sledging and threatening them badging them and knocking them out, abusing and trying to intimidate them during the game.

His club must be so proud of his antics each week.

Must really hurt his ego losing to a bunch of 14 year olds.

He's just a cheating sperm bubble, should've got one of the kids to plant one on him.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:14 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:He's just a cheating sperm bubble, should've got one of the kids to plant one on him.

Nah, no need.. he's just managed to irritate one of the calmest characters at our club - they play each other last round of the season, expect Rackebrandt to be taking the new nut.

Find out how he likes being bumped. :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps