Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

Best Bets? Talking Odds? This is the place.

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

Postby Spargo » Thu Feb 16, 2023 4:03 am

OnSong wrote:Morning lads.

I have a real speculator tomorrow at Goulburn that I’ll be watching closely. Goulburn R6 10 Diamond Flyer is at $41 and $9.50 the place. I don’t necessarily think it’s a strong winning chance but it ran a solid 3 lengths third behind a dominant Whiskey Wisdom which lines up at Randwick on Saturday.

I can see 4 starters with more claims than Diamond Flyer but a reasonable draw and coming onto good ground I think puts it in the place frame a lot more than a $41 shot. And this is a provincial maiden. Worth a little 1x3 dabble IMO.

Got $61 & $12 yesterday arvo, now in to $21 & $4.80
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5474 times
Been liked: 5116 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Booney » Thu Feb 16, 2023 8:18 am

$9 and $2.80
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7485 times
Been liked: 10771 times

Postby Spargo » Thu Feb 16, 2023 8:21 am

Booney wrote:$9 and $2.80

#safootyplunge

Spargo
Coach

Postby Mr Beefy » Thu Feb 16, 2023 9:05 am

Bit of a correction, out to 18.00 and 4.60
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby OnSong » Thu Feb 16, 2023 9:18 am

PatowalongaPirate wrote:We shall keep an eye on it.

Tough horse and a great run for a fourth but probably more suited to the MV track with a short straight.
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

Postby OnSong » Thu Feb 16, 2023 9:21 am

Spargo wrote:

I have a real speculator tomorrow at Goulburn that I’ll be watching closely. Goulburn R6 10 Diamond Flyer is at $41 and $9.50 the place. I don’t necessarily think it’s a strong winning chance but it ran a solid 3 lengths third behind a dominant Whiskey Wisdom which lines up at Randwick on Saturday.

I can see 4 starters with more claims than Diamond Flyer but a reasonable draw and coming onto good ground I think puts it in the place frame a lot more than a $41 shot. And this is a provincial maiden. Worth a little 1x3 dabble IMO.

Yeah, I did see it get out there briefly. I think it's about the right price now at the $15-$20 area. Worth a shot at the long odds.
OnSong
Coach

Postby OnSong » Thu Feb 16, 2023 9:45 am

Sorry if this is a bit of overload but here we go.

TODAY:

Pakenham R1 5 Sewn $51/$9.50 - I had this one in the blackbook after a luckless run 3rd up at Kyneton but it was beaten 2 lengths 6th after getting way too far back first up last time over the 1000m. Carleen Hefel on board and while I'm not sold on her, I do think she's an improving jockey and can get them into the placings at big odds. Comes out of the same jumpout as My Haruconi ($7) which is labelled as an average jumpout but I don't often place a lot of faith in jumpouts. What we do know is last prep it could have finished a lot closer in 2/3 starts and the other one was on a Mornington minefield. Worth a spec and a watch.

Pakenham R8 4 Russian Dancer $2.10 - Did its best work late last start. Long Pakenham straight and if the Zac Spain can give it every chance, I think it just wins this. I've seen Zac butcher a few over the journey so tread carefully with bet returns etc.

FRIDAY:

Quirindi R4 4 Keroessa $6/$2 - Wouldn't mind a bit more beef in the price so watch that closer to jump but I thought its last run at Muswellbrook was strong. Andrew Gibbons has the steer from the Kris Lees stable so I think third up here puts it in the frame.

Quirindi R7 6 Red Beryl $6/$2 - I love this horse and it's had a magical preparation finishing a rattling 4th in the Inverell Cup, winning the Tamworth Cup and 3rd in the Walcha Cup on a day that suited the onspeed runners with a tiny straight. It says 300m but it feels shorter than that. Quirindi has a 400m straight so this suits Red Beryl. No doubt there's some good horses in this race but all three runs this preparation have been strong and a repeat effort sees it go close again. One knock - Kelsey Lenton off and Braith Nock is on. I don't know much about this lad and Lenton had done the steering so far brilliantly. Wouldn't mind a bit more beef in the price either.

SATURDAY:

Rosehill R2 18 The Fossil $34/$7 - Had a lean time of it last prep but it's clicked into gear lately with a barnstorming run over Reateros at Taree. I was mostly on Reatoros that day as it showed ability behind Sir Ravenelli which won the Tuncurry Cup on Sunday. Grew wings late to almost pinch it at Newcastle on Monday and that sort of finishing sectional puts it in the frame at Rosehill this weekend. Has won at this track and distance previously and has shown enough form in the country to possibly catch them napping this weekend if it gets a start.

Good luck
OnSong
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Thu Feb 16, 2023 10:54 am

Can never have enough tips
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11837 times
Been liked: 3597 times

Postby Booney » Thu Feb 16, 2023 3:11 pm

Lenehan having a day on KI!

Race 1 - $61 winner
Race 2 - $23 winner
Race 4 - $9 winner...

....and backed them all in an all up!
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7485 times
Been liked: 10771 times

Postby OnSong » Thu Feb 16, 2023 4:04 pm

OnSong wrote:
Spargo wrote:

Yeah, I did see it get out there briefly. I think it's about the right price now at the $15-$20 area. Worth a shot at the long odds.

I don’t think it could have had a better run in transit so out the book it goes. Sizzler dropped back in grade to easily get the cash after a disappointing city campaign.
OnSong
Coach

Postby Spargo » Thu Feb 16, 2023 4:06 pm

Yep ridden a treat, just no turn of foot.

Spargo
Coach

Postby OnSong » Thu Feb 16, 2023 5:53 pm

Sewn poor but My Haruconi very impressive
OnSong
Coach

Postby Spargo » Thu Feb 16, 2023 5:56 pm

OnSong wrote:My Haruconi very impressive

Aww yeah.

Spargo
Coach

Postby OnSong » Thu Feb 16, 2023 8:49 pm

Russian Dancer eases the pain but didn’t get $2.90!!
OnSong
Coach

Postby OnSong » Fri Feb 17, 2023 9:17 am

OnSong wrote:
FRIDAY:

Quirindi R4 4 Keroessa $6/$2 - Wouldn't mind a bit more beef in the price so watch that closer to jump but I thought its last run at Muswellbrook was strong. Andrew Gibbons has the steer from the Kris Lees stable so I think third up here puts it in the frame.

Quirindi R7 6 Red Beryl $6/$2 - I love this horse and it's had a magical preparation finishing a rattling 4th in the Inverell Cup, winning the Tamworth Cup and 3rd in the Walcha Cup on a day that suited the onspeed runners with a tiny straight. It says 300m but it feels shorter than that. Quirindi has a 400m straight so this suits Red Beryl. No doubt there's some good horses in this race but all three runs this preparation have been strong and a repeat effort sees it go close again. One knock - Kelsey Lenton off and Braith Nock is on. I don't know much about this lad and Lenton had done the steering so far brilliantly. Wouldn't mind a bit more beef in the price either.

Good luck

Morning team. Happy Quirindi Cup Day! Add to the above:

Wodonga R1 3 Testing The Cugat $9.50/$3.8 - Comes out of a reasonable form race after running third behind More Saturday's and Rhonda Vous, which came out and won its next start. Not super keen but just backing it small EW (NTD) on that previous run.

Wodonga R2 10 St Malo $11/$2.40 - Got $23 last night and it seems the market has climbed into it. Personally I wouldn't be keen on taking anything less than $15 but as per Alice Downs, 3WNC and didn't handle the heavy at Kyneton. I followed it from its meritorious 4th on debut over 1100m and with Riordan back in the saddle and a decent barrier draw, it can figure here. Does get back though so not leaping into it.

Wodonga R3 6 Alice Downs $5/$1.60 - Caught 3WNC and didn't handle the heavy at Kyneton but two runs prior were excellent and think it can figure here.

Wodonga R4 11 Elderslie $2.15 - Was disappointing on debut after being well backed but did its best work late and steps out in trip to the 1300m. Barrier 3 surely means it gets the run of the race so this should be on the animal and punters appear to have backed up again.

Wodonga R6 7 Go Jazz $13/4.80 - Honestly I don't think this race is that deep and having been within a length of victory in two starts before striking the heavy ground at Kyneton (as per St Malo and Alice Downs), a 1/1 record at the track and distance and coming from barrier 1 it presents as some value EW.

Wodonga R7 2 Euphemia $2.60 - Stays in the same class, track and distance as its last start win which looked dominant, particularly over the closing stages. Think the form around it is solid enough.

Wodonga R9 4 Sellente $4 - I absolutely piled into Lake Tai at $2.80 last start at this track after coming back in class and destroying the field. Ended up paying $1.60 on the tote and murdered them but 4L away working home well as Sellente, which goes out in distance and isn't coming up against a Lake Tai.

Quirindi R2 12 Bijara $4.20 - A string of second placings going into this and after rattling home late from barrier 11 last start, a better barrier today surely puts it into the frame.

Quirindi R3 1 Bill Peyto $6/$2.10 - Lenton has booted it home for a win and a close up third (short straight at Walcha) and I think from that barrier she should have it in the finish again. Quite like this trainer/jockey combo too.

Quirindi R6 7 Bull In A China Shop $6/2.20 - Ran great time over the 1000m in the same class and retains the same jockey from that victory. Wider barrier but it's a get back run on type. Not piling in but think it measures up here.

Wagga R7 6 Mo Chara $3 - Led and creamed them in its maiden run but what gives me further confidence in this race is the horse that ran almost 3L second came out and smoked them in two subsequent BM58s, much stiffer company than what they faced that day.

Now we pray to Jesus. Gamble responsibly.
OnSong
Coach

Postby OnSong » Fri Feb 17, 2023 11:03 am

Testing The Cugat in from $9 to $5 and softened up in front by a roughie and cost it the race. Damn horse racing.

3rd NTD :evil:
OnSong
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Fri Feb 17, 2023 11:32 am

Wodonga indefinite delay
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11837 times
Been liked: 3597 times

Postby OnSong » Fri Feb 17, 2023 1:06 pm

Elderslie every chance close up 2nd but Sweet Beluga winning gives me more confidence in Mo Chara at Wagga. Commencing load up
OnSong
Coach

Postby Spargo » Fri Feb 17, 2023 1:08 pm

Deane Lester passed away last night after a brief battle with cancer, he was 54.
RIP

Spargo
Coach

Postby OnSong » Fri Feb 17, 2023 1:13 pm

Spargo wrote:Deane Lester passed away last night after a brief battle with cancer, he was 54.
RIP

Alarming brief battle. Glad the industry has acknowledged his contributions
OnSong
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  The Gambling Room