Australian tour of India 2023

First Class Cricket Talk (International and State)

Re: Australian tour of India 2023

Postby Corona Man » Sun Feb 19, 2023 7:04 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
Corona Man wrote:Been at bowls all day (well the bar for part of it). Not seen our disMisaLS.

Mrs C (who has watched more cricket than most females, and not by choice) said Captain Carbon Neutral played a dead set shit shot…

Captain Carbon Neutral - thats quite good :lol: :lol:

I just saw the replay of his “shot” my word… that is Southern Districts 4th grade stuff, which may be unkind to them…
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1278 times
Been liked: 3485 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby whufc » Sun Feb 19, 2023 7:06 pm

northerner wrote:Green replaces Warner/Renshaw and Starc plays... either replacing Kuhnenam or, dare I suggest Cummins.

Renshaw joins Agar and Warner as in the category of what the Hell were selectors thinking when choosing a team to tour India

Our bowling and the three spinners was the only positive

No need for two paceman
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5588 times
Been liked: 2529 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Corona Man » Sun Feb 19, 2023 7:31 pm

Let’s start by replacing Bailey as COS. I want to know, does he sit side on the the laptop when he picks the team? Who the **** takes 3 injured bowlers on tour?

Then get Ronnie to start flipping burgers at Macca’s. To soft on the players. Take responsibility for the on field or feck off.

Warner gonski. Flip a coin either Handscomb or Renshaw to open. Meanwhile Harris is pissing himself and packing his bags for England. SOS to Henry Hunt. Ton up next shield game and you’re a silly chance.

Green get him ready we need that Allrounder big time in India.

Forget 3 spinners we need every bat we can get. Head is the 3rd spinner… anyone who can hold a bat, anyone. Ian Redpath at 80 odd. Get him on a plane.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1278 times
Been liked: 3485 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby amber_fluid » Sun Feb 19, 2023 7:41 pm

Corona Man wrote:Let’s start by replacing Bailey as COS. I want to know, does he sit side on the the laptop when he picks the team? Who the **** takes 3 injured bowlers on tour?

Then get Ronnie to start flipping burgers at Macca’s. To soft on the players. Take responsibility for the on field or feck off.

Warner gonski. Flip a coin either Handscomb or Renshaw to open. Meanwhile Harris is pissing himself and packing his bags for England. SOS to Henry Hunt. Ton up next shield game and you’re a silly chance.

Green get him ready we need that Allrounder big time in India.

Forget 3 spinners we need every bat we can get. Head is the 3rd spinner… anyone who can hold a bat, anyone. Ian Redpath at 80 odd. Get him on a plane.

Win, lose or draw in the last 2 tests they need to piss Ronald off.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2224 times
Been liked: 2519 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Sun Feb 19, 2023 7:43 pm

whufc wrote:
northerner wrote:Green replaces Warner/Renshaw and Starc plays... either replacing Kuhnenam or, dare I suggest Cummins.

Renshaw joins Agar and Warner as in the category of what the Hell were selectors thinking when choosing a team to tour India

No need for two paceman
Agree, bowling hasn't been the issue, making runs has obviously. Cummins has won the toss and batted twice which is ideal but the batters just haven't been good enough to capitalise in the Indian conditions. No scoreboard pressure for the bowlers to work with unfortunately.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10329 times
Been liked: 1519 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby daysofourlives » Sun Feb 19, 2023 7:58 pm

Cummins needs a rest and to be stripped of the captaincy, that hoisting of the white flag first ball isnt the qualities that you want in a Captain, thats the shot of a guy who has no answers to anything, hardly what you seek in a good captain.

I said it before the series, the coach and the selectors are the worst qualified for the job in our history, not an established Test cricketer in the whole 4 of them. Reckon they are probably all yes men to captain climate. I mean who would want to get on the wrong side of captain climate, he'll have you out on your ass in no time even after winning a world cup and ashes.

I have never been a Head fan and i dont think he is real smart, but he is shaping as the only possible candidate for the captaincy. Smith is too self centred and divisive.

Nezt test assuming Green is fit

Head C
Khawaja
Laba
Smith
Handscomb
Green
Carey
Agar
Starc
Lyon
Murphy

Kuhneman isnt far enough in front as a spinner to justify his spot over Agar. Im picking Agar for the batting more than anything.
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby gadj1976 » Sun Feb 19, 2023 9:13 pm

So, like the rest of the nation, I'm stunned by the stupidity of the Aust batting today, and I really cannot fathom the reverse sweep in test scenarios.

IMO, sweeping is high risk, especially on decks like this one. Reverse sweeping is ridiculously high risk, so why would you do it - to get a few runs against the traditional field placings? HUGE risk vs little reward IMO. Slog sweeping, like Cummins did is just plain Z grade cricket tactics. "Let's show em, I'll slog the first one for 6 and that'll teach em." Mate, you're the captain, we're 6/95, pull your head in.

That was the worst batting I've seen from an Australian line up, ever. And I've seen some shockers. But not one player wanted to actually pitch in and keep their wicket. It was real T20 stuff and completely f'd us over.

I watched the Indians use their feet to the spinners in the second dig and I didn't see that once from our batsman. Just terrible technique from our line up.

I wonder if Andrew McDonald will ring Langer for a few hints - cos he looked baffled in the stands. Obviously they'd decided to use the sweep as a tactic before the test. Jadeja after the game said that it was a dumb tactic (not exact words) on that pitch. How can we get it so wrong?

Rant over
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 796 times
Been liked: 850 times

Postby mal » Sun Feb 19, 2023 9:26 pm

locky801 wrote:pathetic

how can you lose 8/28 in test cricket :oops: :oops:

How about India's 36
December 2020 Adelaide Oval
Australia v India
mal
Coach

Has liked: 1152 times
Been liked: 904 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Sun Feb 19, 2023 9:36 pm

gadj1976 wrote: Jadeja after the game said that it was a dumb tactic (not exact words) on that pitch.

The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10329 times
Been liked: 1519 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby mal » Sun Feb 19, 2023 10:23 pm

One of the BIG differences between the current teams is the Indian spinners make more runs than the Australian spinners
mal
Coach

Has liked: 1152 times
Been liked: 904 times

Postby jackpot jim » Mon Feb 20, 2023 12:55 am

Aust resumed on 1/61 with a lead of 62 and favorites to win

Their aim had to be do whatever it takes to get a lead of 200 plus

That batting effort was the most shameful, pathetic, embarrassing, spineless, dumbest and clueless performance i can recall from an Australian team in my lifetime.
Seriously, WTF were some of the guys thinking with their pathetic shots that surely they must have known wernt sustainable on that pitch ?

I think that quite simply that just about all of them wern't up for the fight, to work their arse off to get the lead they needed. They took the easy option of playing soft millionaire shots and paid the price.

Hard to know where they go from here after that calamity. :? :? :?
jackpot jim
Coach

Has liked: 339 times
Been liked: 448 times

Postby Jim05 » Mon Feb 20, 2023 6:34 am

jackpot jim wrote:Aust resumed on 1/61 with a lead of 62 and favorites to win

Their aim had to be do whatever it takes to get a lead of 200 plus

That batting effort was the most shameful, pathetic, embarrassing, spineless, dumbest and clueless performance i can recall from an Australian team in my lifetime.
Seriously, WTF were some of the guys thinking with their pathetic shots that surely they must have known wernt sustainable on that pitch ?

I think that quite simply that just about all of them wern't up for the fight, to work their arse off to get the lead they needed. They took the easy option of playing soft millionaire shots and paid the price.

Hard to know where they go from here after that calamity. :? :? :?
It’s pretty clear the directive to sweep at all cost came from the coaching staff.
Khawaja and Handscomb in particular looked comfortable in the first innings against against spin but in the second innings it was a clear different mindset it appeared. There needs to be some bloodletting done after this series especially around coaches and selectors
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby whufc » Mon Feb 20, 2023 6:51 am

gadj1976 wrote:So, like the rest of the nation, I'm stunned by the stupidity of the Aust batting today, and I really cannot fathom the reverse sweep in test scenarios.

IMO, sweeping is high risk, especially on decks like this one. Reverse sweeping is ridiculously high risk, so why would you do it - to get a few runs against the traditional field placings? HUGE risk vs little reward IMO. Slog sweeping, like Cummins did is just plain Z grade cricket tactics. "Let's show em, I'll slog the first one for 6 and that'll teach em." Mate, you're the captain, we're 6/95, pull your head in.

That was the worst batting I've seen from an Australian line up, ever. And I've seen some shockers. But not one player wanted to actually pitch in and keep their wicket. It was real T20 stuff and completely f'd us over.

I watched the Indians use their feet to the spinners in the second dig and I didn't see that once from our batsman. Just terrible technique from our line up.

I wonder if Andrew McDonald will ring Langer for a few hints - cos he looked baffled in the stands. Obviously they'd decided to use the sweep as a tactic before the test. Jadeja after the game said that it was a dumb tactic (not exact words) on that pitch. How can we get it so wrong?

Rant over

I had a laugh at Cummins during the after-match interview saying that they hadn't the 'sweeping' as a plan during meetings. Find that extremely hard to bloody believe that in this day and age where they have a meeting regarding every aspect of the game, that all players came out sweeping yet that wasn't a plan.

Take some responsibility, man up and say we got it wrong.

Head had a fair crack.... Khawaja has shown he can bat on those wickets albeit the reverse sweep also got him, Labuschagne had a crack just got an absolute grubber that was on the stumps. Handscombe is trying. Even Lyon is having a fair crack with the bat.

Warner is done.
Smith.......im not sure what he was trying to do, probably the best player at using his feet and he plays the big slog sweep.
Renshaw.....arguably as bad an innings as you will see at test level.
Carey......the bloke clearly has no brain or is just a stubborn prick. Put the reverse sweep away FFS
Carbon Cummins....yeah sorry mate you're not captain material albeit one hell of a bowler
Kunhemann....you're not winning us the game but geez in your second game, number 10 and you're playing the reverse sweep as well....get fugged.
whufc
Coach

Postby shoe boy » Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:45 am

Simply we don't play spin well at all. coupled with a shambolic team selection dictated by re action to conditions?

Just play our best 11 and if that includes 2 quicks so be it and if the best batters are left handed so be it.

As for T Head as captain! please the bloke cant count to 6.
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby gazzamagoo » Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:54 am

Australia lost that match & should have won, we need to keep that in mind for the next test.
IF we had batted "normally" (like a test team does), we SHOULD have batted most of the day & compiled a lead of 200, maybe more,
then there's every chance (and more than likely) that we would have won.
It's simple, the next 2 matches, just play proper cricket shots, like we used to not too long ago,
it's not T20!!
WTF is a reverse sweep?? It's just dumb cricket!
Patience is a virtue.
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1660 times
Been liked: 649 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:56 am

whufc wrote:

No need for two paceman

Do you think so? Kuhnemann was a pass mark at best, I think Boland would've been more dangerous than him or Cummins for that matter, why did we persevere with Kuhnemann in the 2nd dig as an opener when he was leaking runs? Were there missed opportunities? Playing with 112 runs up your sleeve you need to attack, not try and capitalise on errors.

I'm not going to sink any boots in, it is about where I thought we are in world cricket, why can't we prepare sub-continent like pitches over here to train on before we tour, why do we stay here so our test players can have a few games of BBL to lose their focus? We should've gone over earlier to practice to the conditions.

I don't have the answers, we just need to show some ticker, bin the reverse sweep and bat to our strengths, although he's not the saviour, Green's inclusion would be huge right about now. Head probably has to open so he is facing pace to start with, this probably makes Renshaw redundant though as before this test I would've had him opening ahead of Warner. Handscomb needs to stay.

Usi
Head
Labia
Smith
Handscomb
Renshaw
Green
Carey
Cummins
Lyon
Murphy

I'd sooner have Starc or Boland in ahead of Cummins, hopefully he is low on energy or something and needs a break from the circuit.

I'd leave Renshaw out if we had an alternative, A Marsh seems pretty handy atm.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Feb 20, 2023 8:02 am

mal wrote:

How about India's 36
Australia v India

But they came back and won the series over here using their India A side.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Brodlach » Mon Feb 20, 2023 8:03 am

Can’t play Renshaw again, he’s a walking wicket
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby mots02 » Mon Feb 20, 2023 8:06 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
mal wrote:

How about India's 36
Australia v India

But they came back and won the series over here using their India A side.

Maybe that's what we need to do? Roll out the Ressies?!
mots02
League - Top 5

Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 877 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby whufc » Mon Feb 20, 2023 8:08 am

I don't think Boland would have been. Apart from a bit of swing on day 1 the pacemen got nothing from the pitch, it wasn't doing the same crazy shit for the pacemen that it was doing for the spinner (dont think we saw one grubber of the pace bowlers) Shami took 4 four in the first innings but two of them were Lyon and Kuhnemann.

Kuhnemann took 2/72 which is better figures than either Cummins or Boland have produced in either of the tests. In the second innings Captain Carbon didnt even bowl himself so no need for two pacemen whatsoever.

Bowled them out for 260 and then had them 4/110.....bowling line up performed pretty well imo. If we find a way to get 500 runs in a test we could win one with that bowling line up.
whufc
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Cricket