Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

Best Bets? Talking Odds? This is the place.

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

Postby OnSong » Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:23 pm

OnSong wrote:Elderslie every chance close up 2nd but Sweet Beluga winning gives me more confidence in Mo Chara at Wagga. Commencing load up

That….I am done. Just so done.
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

Postby OnSong » Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:25 pm

OnSong wrote:
OnSong wrote:Elderslie every chance close up 2nd but Sweet Beluga winning gives me more confidence in Mo Chara at Wagga. Commencing load up

That….I am done. Just so done.

Ah. I thought it got beat. Not sure what’s going on.
OnSong
Coach

Postby OnSong » Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:41 pm

OnSong wrote:
OnSong wrote:
FRIDAY:

Quirindi R4 4 Keroessa $6/$2 - Wouldn't mind a bit more beef in the price so watch that closer to jump but I thought its last run at Muswellbrook was strong. Andrew Gibbons has the steer from the Kris Lees stable so I think third up here puts it in the frame.

Quirindi R7 6 Red Beryl $6/$2 - I love this horse and it's had a magical preparation finishing a rattling 4th in the Inverell Cup, winning the Tamworth Cup and 3rd in the Walcha Cup on a day that suited the onspeed runners with a tiny straight. It says 300m but it feels shorter than that. Quirindi has a 400m straight so this suits Red Beryl. No doubt there's some good horses in this race but all three runs this preparation have been strong and a repeat effort sees it go close again. One knock - Kelsey Lenton off and Braith Nock is on. I don't know much about this lad and Lenton had done the steering so far brilliantly. Wouldn't mind a bit more beef in the price either.

Good luck

Morning team. Happy Quirindi Cup Day! Add to the above:

Wodonga R1 3 Testing The Cugat $9.50/$3.8 - Comes out of a reasonable form race after running third behind More Saturday's and Rhonda Vous, which came out and won its next start. Not super keen but just backing it small EW (NTD) on that previous run.

Wodonga R2 10 St Malo $11/$2.40 - Got $23 last night and it seems the market has climbed into it. Personally I wouldn't be keen on taking anything less than $15 but as per Alice Downs, 3WNC and didn't handle the heavy at Kyneton. I followed it from its meritorious 4th on debut over 1100m and with Riordan back in the saddle and a decent barrier draw, it can figure here. Does get back though so not leaping into it.

Wodonga R3 6 Alice Downs $5/$1.60 - Caught 3WNC and didn't handle the heavy at Kyneton but two runs prior were excellent and think it can figure here.

Wodonga R4 11 Elderslie $2.15 - Was disappointing on debut after being well backed but did its best work late and steps out in trip to the 1300m. Barrier 3 surely means it gets the run of the race so this should be on the animal and punters appear to have backed up again.

Wodonga R6 7 Go Jazz $13/4.80 - Honestly I don't think this race is that deep and having been within a length of victory in two starts before striking the heavy ground at Kyneton (as per St Malo and Alice Downs), a 1/1 record at the track and distance and coming from barrier 1 it presents as some value EW.

Wodonga R7 2 Euphemia $2.60 - Stays in the same class, track and distance as its last start win which looked dominant, particularly over the closing stages. Think the form around it is solid enough.

Wodonga R9 4 Sellente $4 - I absolutely piled into Lake Tai at $2.80 last start at this track after coming back in class and destroying the field. Ended up paying $1.60 on the tote and murdered them but 4L away working home well as Sellente, which goes out in distance and isn't coming up against a Lake Tai.

Quirindi R2 12 Bijara $4.20 - A string of second placings going into this and after rattling home late from barrier 11 last start, a better barrier today surely puts it into the frame.

Quirindi R3 1 Bill Peyto $6/$2.10 - Lenton has booted it home for a win and a close up third (short straight at Walcha) and I think from that barrier she should have it in the finish again. Quite like this trainer/jockey combo too.

Quirindi R6 7 Bull In A China Shop $6/2.20 - Ran great time over the 1000m in the same class and retains the same jockey from that victory. Wider barrier but it's a get back run on type. Not piling in but think it measures up here.

Wagga R7 6 Mo Chara $3 - Led and creamed them in its maiden run but what gives me further confidence in this race is the horse that ran almost 3L second came out and smoked them in two subsequent BM58s, much stiffer company than what they faced that day.

Now we pray to Jesus. Gamble responsibly.

Keroessa - Poor. No return
Red Beryl - Tough race but ok. No return
Testing The Cugat - Softened up on speed and game 3rd but NTD
St Malo - Poor. No return
Alice Downs - Tough close up 3rd on speed.
Elderslie - Every chance and 2nd half a head.
Go Jazz - Really great effort close up 2nd and healthy place div
Euphemia - Just held on to 1st
Sellente - Missed the kick and was pushed along and made up ground. No return.
Biljara - See above. Rattled home for 4th.
Bill Peyto - Solid close up 3rd.
Bull In A China Shop - Great effort third and impressed with the winner. Follow.
Mo Chara - 1st. Held up for way too long and got out late. Would have been a good thing beaten but it somehow got the photo. Needed it.
OnSong
Coach

Postby Mr Beefy » Sat Feb 18, 2023 6:39 pm

OnSong wrote:
OnSong wrote:
OnSong wrote:
FRIDAY:

Quirindi R4 4 Keroessa $6/$2 - Wouldn't mind a bit more beef in the price so watch that closer to jump but I thought its last run at Muswellbrook was strong. Andrew Gibbons has the steer from the Kris Lees stable so I think third up here puts it in the frame.

Quirindi R7 6 Red Beryl $6/$2 - I love this horse and it's had a magical preparation finishing a rattling 4th in the Inverell Cup, winning the Tamworth Cup and 3rd in the Walcha Cup on a day that suited the onspeed runners with a tiny straight. It says 300m but it feels shorter than that. Quirindi has a 400m straight so this suits Red Beryl. No doubt there's some good horses in this race but all three runs this preparation have been strong and a repeat effort sees it go close again. One knock - Kelsey Lenton off and Braith Nock is on. I don't know much about this lad and Lenton had done the steering so far brilliantly. Wouldn't mind a bit more beef in the price either.

Good luck

Morning team. Happy Quirindi Cup Day! Add to the above:

Wodonga R1 3 Testing The Cugat $9.50/$3.8 - Comes out of a reasonable form race after running third behind More Saturday's and Rhonda Vous, which came out and won its next start. Not super keen but just backing it small EW (NTD) on that previous run.

Wodonga R2 10 St Malo $11/$2.40 - Got $23 last night and it seems the market has climbed into it. Personally I wouldn't be keen on taking anything less than $15 but as per Alice Downs, 3WNC and didn't handle the heavy at Kyneton. I followed it from its meritorious 4th on debut over 1100m and with Riordan back in the saddle and a decent barrier draw, it can figure here. Does get back though so not leaping into it.

Wodonga R3 6 Alice Downs $5/$1.60 - Caught 3WNC and didn't handle the heavy at Kyneton but two runs prior were excellent and think it can figure here.

Wodonga R4 11 Elderslie $2.15 - Was disappointing on debut after being well backed but did its best work late and steps out in trip to the 1300m. Barrier 3 surely means it gets the run of the race so this should be on the animal and punters appear to have backed up again.

Wodonga R6 7 Go Jazz $13/4.80 - Honestly I don't think this race is that deep and having been within a length of victory in two starts before striking the heavy ground at Kyneton (as per St Malo and Alice Downs), a 1/1 record at the track and distance and coming from barrier 1 it presents as some value EW.

Wodonga R7 2 Euphemia $2.60 - Stays in the same class, track and distance as its last start win which looked dominant, particularly over the closing stages. Think the form around it is solid enough.

Wodonga R9 4 Sellente $4 - I absolutely piled into Lake Tai at $2.80 last start at this track after coming back in class and destroying the field. Ended up paying $1.60 on the tote and murdered them but 4L away working home well as Sellente, which goes out in distance and isn't coming up against a Lake Tai.

Quirindi R2 12 Bijara $4.20 - A string of second placings going into this and after rattling home late from barrier 11 last start, a better barrier today surely puts it into the frame.

Quirindi R3 1 Bill Peyto $6/$2.10 - Lenton has booted it home for a win and a close up third (short straight at Walcha) and I think from that barrier she should have it in the finish again. Quite like this trainer/jockey combo too.

Quirindi R6 7 Bull In A China Shop $6/2.20 - Ran great time over the 1000m in the same class and retains the same jockey from that victory. Wider barrier but it's a get back run on type. Not piling in but think it measures up here.

Wagga R7 6 Mo Chara $3 - Led and creamed them in its maiden run but what gives me further confidence in this race is the horse that ran almost 3L second came out and smoked them in two subsequent BM58s, much stiffer company than what they faced that day.

Now we pray to Jesus. Gamble responsibly.

Keroessa - Poor. No return
Red Beryl - Tough race but ok. No return
Testing The Cugat - Softened up on speed and game 3rd but NTD
St Malo - Poor. No return
Alice Downs - Tough close up 3rd on speed.
Elderslie - Every chance and 2nd half a head.
Go Jazz - Really great effort close up 2nd and healthy place div
Euphemia - Just held on to 1st
Sellente - Missed the kick and was pushed along and made up ground. No return.
Biljara - See above. Rattled home for 4th.
Bill Peyto - Solid close up 3rd.
Bull In A China Shop - Great effort third and impressed with the winner. Follow.
Mo Chara - 1st. Held up for way too long and got out late. Would have been a good thing beaten but it somehow got the photo. Needed it.
I enjoyed following your tips whilst working at home. Backed the Mo and a couple others but no damage done.
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 404 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby OnSong » Mon Feb 20, 2023 10:06 am

Morning all.

Only a handful of runners I have any interest in today.

Armidale R4 2 Sure Strategy $5 - Two starts at the track and distance for two second placings. I'm finding Camille Houlgate to be an improving apprentice jockey since coming back from injury and from 8 rides on this horse, she's got a win and three second placings. Interestingly, Ballybrack beat Sure Strategy two starts back and currently displays odds of $12 so that's worth a spec too. You can probably get $2 the place for Sure Strategy so maybe that's where the value is in this extremely consistent galloper.

Armidale R6 4 Zalini $3.70 - I thought its effort at Walcha was pretty solid coming from barrier 11 and was probably looking for that extra 100m, which it finds today. Has the same rider from a better barrier and can be ridden midfield or on speed. Back in grade from a C2 to a C1 and placed in a BM58 the start prior, which, I believe, tends to line up stronger than a C1. Comes up against Xeiby ($2.20) which won on debut but I'm hoping it will find this harder than those it beat in that maiden race and comes from barrier 11 today.

*Same race I'm having a small spec on 15 Ringo's Charm. It's my daughter's nickname and ran an ok second in a trial behind a horse that went on to run a 4th in a BM64 at Hawkesbury. Has no first up form whatsoever so it's more of an omen bet but I'd kick myself if it won and I had nothing on it.

Armidale R7 3 Spanish Missile $4.40 - Seems to be value chasing a hattrick of wins. Has a great barrier, early speed, should be fit enough and gets a senior rider as opposed to the favourite, Timely Bel, which has the claiming apprentice on board. The horse Timely Bel just beat last start (Indian Thunder) lines up earlier on the card and could be a decent form reference but happy to be with SM all the same.
OnSong
Coach

Postby OnSong » Mon Feb 20, 2023 10:58 am

OnSong wrote:SATURDAY:

Rosehill R2 18 The Fossil $34/$7 - Had a lean time of it last prep but it's clicked into gear lately with a barnstorming run over Reateros at Taree. I was mostly on Reatoros that day as it showed ability behind Sir Ravenelli which won the Tuncurry Cup on Sunday. Grew wings late to almost pinch it at Newcastle on Monday and that sort of finishing sectional puts it in the frame at Rosehill this weekend. Has won at this track and distance previously and has shown enough form in the country to possibly catch them napping this weekend if it gets a start.

Good luck

Got $61 on the day and the run was fair. Back in traffic for much of the race and with clearer running finishes a lot closer. Stick with it.

OnSong wrote:I have a real speculator tomorrow at Goulburn that I’ll be watching closely. Goulburn R6 10 Diamond Flyer is at $41 and $9.50 the place. I don’t necessarily think it’s a strong winning chance but it ran a solid 3 lengths third behind a dominant Whiskey Wisdom which lines up at Randwick on Saturday.

Ironically Whisky Wisdom lined up in the same race and rattled home for a promising 4th at a decent $20 win clip. Watch

No return on either runner but worth a follow next start. Both horses in good nick and offering juicy prices.
OnSong
Coach

Postby OnSong » Mon Feb 20, 2023 11:59 am

OnSong wrote:Morning all.

Only a handful of runners I have any interest in today.

Armidale R4 2 Sure Strategy $5 - Two starts at the track and distance for two second placings. I'm finding Camille Houlgate to be an improving apprentice jockey since coming back from injury and from 8 rides on this horse, she's got a win and three second placings. Interestingly, Ballybrack beat Sure Strategy two starts back and currently displays odds of $12 so that's worth a spec too. You can probably get $2 the place for Sure Strategy so maybe that's where the value is in this extremely consistent galloper.

Armidale R6 4 Zalini $3.70 - I thought its effort at Walcha was pretty solid coming from barrier 11 and was probably looking for that extra 100m, which it finds today. Has the same rider from a better barrier and can be ridden midfield or on speed. Back in grade from a C2 to a C1 and placed in a BM58 the start prior, which, I believe, tends to line up stronger than a C1. Comes up against Xeiby ($2.20) which won on debut but I'm hoping it will find this harder than those it beat in that maiden race and comes from barrier 11 today.

*Same race I'm having a small spec on 15 Ringo's Charm. It's my daughter's nickname and ran an ok second in a trial behind a horse that went on to run a 4th in a BM64 at Hawkesbury. Has no first up form whatsoever so it's more of an omen bet but I'd kick myself if it won and I had nothing on it.

Armidale R7 3 Spanish Missile $4.40 - Seems to be value chasing a hattrick of wins. Has a great barrier, early speed, should be fit enough and gets a senior rider as opposed to the favourite, Timely Bel, which has the claiming apprentice on board. The horse Timely Bel just beat last start (Indian Thunder) lines up earlier on the card and could be a decent form reference but happy to be with SM all the same.

Adding Sapphire Coast R7 2 La Vita $6 - I think this is a good each way chance having been knocked off 3.5 lengths 4th last start at Stony Creek by Miss Middle Park. MMP went out and won a BM64 at the Valley next start which suggests it's going quite well and this looks easier than the Stony Creek engagement. Good barrier, bit less weight, 1/1 at the track and distance, I think it's worth a bet each way.
OnSong
Coach

Postby OnSong » Mon Feb 20, 2023 3:16 pm

OnSong wrote:Armidale R4 2 Sure Strategy $5 - Two starts at the track and distance for two second placings. I'm finding Camille Houlgate to be an improving apprentice jockey since coming back from injury and from 8 rides on this horse, she's got a win and three second placings. Interestingly, Ballybrack beat Sure Strategy two starts back and currently displays odds of $12 so that's worth a spec too. You can probably get $2 the place for Sure Strategy so maybe that's where the value is in this extremely consistent galloper.

That went well...
OnSong
Coach

Postby OnSong » Mon Feb 20, 2023 4:32 pm

OnSong wrote:Armidale R6 4 Zalini $3.70 - I thought its effort at Walcha was pretty solid coming from barrier 11 and was probably looking for that extra 100m, which it finds today. Has the same rider from a better barrier and can be ridden midfield or on speed. Back in grade from a C2 to a C1 and placed in a BM58 the start prior, which, I believe, tends to line up stronger than a C1. Comes up against Xeiby ($2.20) which won on debut but I'm hoping it will find this harder than those it beat in that maiden race and comes from barrier 11 today.

Into $3 and sat behind the speed. Held up for a while, whether that was telling I don't know.

Two bets at Armidale. Both had good market support and both no return. :evil:

Prayers for the last two I've got on today.
OnSong
Coach

Postby OnSong » Mon Feb 20, 2023 5:11 pm

OnSong wrote:Armidale R7 3 Spanish Missile $4.40 - Seems to be value chasing a hattrick of wins. Has a great barrier, early speed, should be fit enough and gets a senior rider as opposed to the favourite, Timely Bel, which has the claiming apprentice on board. The horse Timely Bel just beat last start (Indian Thunder) lines up earlier on the card and could be a decent form reference but happy to be with SM all the same.

Where was that ride on Zalini? Fave gets the job done with the apprentice on board. SM honest enough for third but no match for the winner. :roll:
OnSong
Coach

Postby OnSong » Mon Feb 20, 2023 5:24 pm

OnSong wrote:Adding Sapphire Coast R7 2 La Vita $6 - I think this is a good each way chance having been knocked off 3.5 lengths 4th last start at Stony Creek by Miss Middle Park. MMP went out and won a BM64 at the Valley next start which suggests it's going quite well and this looks easier than the Stony Creek engagement. Good barrier, bit less weight, 1/1 at the track and distance, I think it's worth a bet each way.

Fourth.

Yuck, 3rd, 3rd and 4th and that about sums up the day.
OnSong
Coach

Postby OnSong » Tue Feb 21, 2023 1:45 pm

Wyong R5 8 Owari $1.60 - Short enough but alllllmost held out a highly fancied Sulwaan last start and a similar performance should be far too good for these. Should be.

Wyong R6 5 Barney Rabble $5 - Up in class (I think) but reckon its run at Walcha, where it defeated Zalini quite comfortably, gives it every chance in this. That said, Zalini was honest enough without being great coming 3rd yesterday.

Wyong R8 Dreamdeel $11 - Terrific run last start but gunned down late by Raging Rush which followed up with another win a week later. Think this is a decent each way clip.
OnSong
Coach

Postby OnSong » Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:04 pm

OnSong wrote:Wyong R5 8 Owari $1.60 - Short enough but alllllmost held out a highly fancied Sulwaan last start and a similar performance should be far too good for these. Should be.

Wyong R6 5 Barney Rabble $5 - Up in class (I think) but reckon its run at Walcha, where it defeated Zalini quite comfortably, gives it every chance in this. That said, Zalini was honest enough without being great coming 3rd yesterday.

Wyong R8 Dreamdeel $11 - Terrific run last start but gunned down late by Raging Rush which followed up with another win a week later. Think this is a decent each way clip.

Good day to be on speed and unfortunately the second two runners in R6 and R8 weren't. Owari impressive but wow, major review of some form lines required.
OnSong
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:44 am

My two blackbookers today are both at Eagle Farm

Race 6 Ready Az Ever ($8 into $4.50)

Race 8 Maple Drive ($51), little short of best distance but I expect it to be rattling home.
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4207 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby OnSong » Wed Feb 22, 2023 2:09 pm

I've got 3

Sale R5 3 Lake Tai $3.40

Ascot R5 3 Starcienne $1.90

Ascot R7 11 Desert Petard $17
OnSong
Coach

Postby OnSong » Wed Feb 22, 2023 4:23 pm

Great start to the multis. Lake Tai beats some quality and can only see it improving on that performance.
OnSong
Coach

Postby Spargo » Wed Feb 22, 2023 6:09 pm

OnSong wrote:Great start to the multis. Lake Tai beats some quality and can only see it improving on that performance.

2nd leg - painless
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5459 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby OnSong » Wed Feb 22, 2023 6:26 pm

Spargo wrote:
OnSong wrote:Great start to the multis. Lake Tai beats some quality and can only see it improving on that performance.

2nd leg - painless

One to go. Maiden stepping up to a C1 but copped an absolute dog of a ride last start and looked like it had something to offer. Senior rider on. Up in trip. Hoping it’s participating because it didn’t last run.
OnSong
Coach

Postby OnSong » Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:40 pm

OnSong wrote:
Spargo wrote:

2nd leg - painless

One to go. Maiden stepping up to a C1 but copped an absolute dog of a ride last start and looked like it had something to offer. Senior rider on. Up in trip. Hoping it’s participating because it didn’t last run.

Ah well. Bitta Meatloaf
OnSong
Coach

Postby OnSong » Thu Feb 23, 2023 8:05 am

Morning lads. A lot of runners pinging out of the blackbook today. Some in the same race as each other…

Geraldton R2: 7 Denzoe - Goes on top after a bold run on speed from wide on the track in a Saturday maiden. It’s tough and fit so should be in the finish. 3 Escalating goes in as a top 3 hopeful along with 9 Scarlet At Tara, which comes out of a decent maiden but mixes its form.

Geraldton R3: 1 Westozi - Takes the top weight but beat a decent field in this class last start including Designated Drinker which had won 3 on the bounce. Lines up against Take Another Look and Proxy again which impressed a few lengths of Westozi last start and hoping it repeats the dosage.

Geraldton R4: 8 Dark Peak - One of my favourite horses going around and has finally hit its straps, winning two back and going close in this class. Gets barrier 1 and has the ability to be midfield or ridden back. Same jockey and has gone real close this track and trip. Also a big fan of Minus Looks which I think can bounce back today at EW odds.

Geraldton R5: 4 Justa Lil Faith - Wide barrier the only concern for me but really strong beating Westozi 3 back over this track and trip. Consistent form and has the claiming apprentice on board today.

Kembla Grange R8: 11 Spinpix - Great price for a runner which has been knocking on the door behind some quality runners in the provincials. Penza on board today and look for it flying late. Also like 8 Jamberoo at an each way quote.
OnSong
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  The Gambling Room