Australian tour of India 2023

First Class Cricket Talk (International and State)

Re: Australian tour of India 2023

Postby The Dark Knight » Mon Feb 20, 2023 1:24 pm

.Image
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10340 times
Been liked: 1520 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Jim05 » Mon Feb 20, 2023 1:36 pm

Booney wrote:There's 10 days between the 2nd and 3rd tests in which Pat Cummins will fly home to Sydney then return to India for family reasons.
A work colleague sent me a text this morning saying that he saw Pat at Singapore airport. This bloke knows zero about cricket so I just dismissed it as a case of mistaken identity
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Feb 20, 2023 1:50 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:
This. We fell into a hole because we didn't have a coach. Brought one in and we started climbing the ladder. Time to do it again. Can't have Pat doing it all and why would Test players listen to Ronald McDonald anyway? He doesn't sound espcially insightful about the game and his playing career was hardly glittering. Share the load, share the pressure.

regards,

REB

We're just not that good atm, we were blessed with some amazing cricketers over time and we aren't anymore. Look at our population compared to India and England and the popularity of cricket here today, it had to come into effect one day.

No amount of finger pointing and blaming can make us better, we struggle when we're exposed to such pressure, it's between our ears and raw talent, we will perform better in England but I think they'll have our measure too, the game ebbs and flows, we'll get our mojo back, I don't think Langer would've made a difference as a lot of people are alluding to.

Yes we made some terrible selection errors but I don't think there are too many players left at home that could've done any better.

We can just barrack now without expectation, let's hope one of our players can reach triple figures this tour.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4346 times
Been liked: 7926 times

Postby Booney » Mon Feb 20, 2023 2:33 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:We can just barrack now without expectation, let's hope one of our players can reach triple figures this tour.

In the first Test Lyon got 126 and Murphy got 124.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10780 times

Postby amber_fluid » Mon Feb 20, 2023 3:04 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote:
This. We fell into a hole because we didn't have a coach. Brought one in and we started climbing the ladder. Time to do it again. Can't have Pat doing it all and why would Test players listen to Ronald McDonald anyway? He doesn't sound espcially insightful about the game and his playing career was hardly glittering. Share the load, share the pressure.

regards,

REB

We're just not that good atm, we were blessed with some amazing cricketers over time and we aren't anymore. Look at our population compared to India and England and the popularity of cricket here today, it had to come into effect one day.

No amount of finger pointing and blaming can make us better, we struggle when we're exposed to such pressure, it's between our ears and raw talent, we will perform better in England but I think they'll have our measure too, the game ebbs and flows, we'll get our mojo back, I don't think Langer would've made a difference as a lot of people are alluding to.

Yes we made some terrible selection errors but I don't think there are too many players left at home that could've done any better.

We can just barrack now without expectation, let's hope one of our players can reach triple figures this tour.

I’ll start barracking on day 4 ;)
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2227 times
Been liked: 2523 times

Postby David Brent » Mon Feb 20, 2023 3:09 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote:

regards,

REB

We are good team, we're ranked number 1 in the world that doesn't come from luck. Yes we are going to lose away from home easily but most nations do. Hell this Indian team lost to South Africa away not long ago so no team is bulletproof. England look they might be on their way though.

As for not blessed for good players that's real harsh. Cummins & Smith walk into out best 11 off all time or will do at their career ends IMO. A case could be made for Warner as well and Starc, Hoff and Lyon are probably all in our best 25 test bowlers ever? Marnus hasn't started too badly either in his career.

You are correct on selection its been a dogs basket this series with the ins/out. Green injury IMO ruined all planning they had done going into this tour.
If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.
David Brent
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 98 times
Been liked: 161 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Feb 20, 2023 3:22 pm

David Brent wrote:
We are good team, we're ranked number 1 in the world that doesn't come from luck. Yes we are going to lose away from home easily but most nations do. Hell this Indian team lost to South Africa away not long ago so no team is bulletproof. England look they might be on their way though.

As for not blessed for good players that's real harsh. Cummins & Smith walk into out best 11 off all time or will do at their career ends IMO. A case could be made for Warner as well and Starc, Hoff and Lyon are probably all in our best 25 test bowlers ever? Marnus hasn't started too badly either in his career.

You are correct on selection its been a dogs basket this series with the ins/out. Green injury IMO ruined all planning they had done going into this tour.

Yes, we are a good team, we aren't the best, we are 3rd best IMO, we're ranked #1 because of a soft draw. We are far better at home than abroad but at the end of the day we lost to India over here and are now getting pantsed in their backyard.

I said we were blessed with "amazing" players in previous years, we have serious talent but not as much of it and not as consistent, we always had someone who could take the game by the scruff of the neck and take control, it wasn't always the same player either.

I'm not shit-canning us, I just think it is proof of where we stand in world cricket atm, I hope we beat the poms over there but it's going to be a tough gig, they are on fire.

I will still continue to throw my support behind our national side, I hope Kuhners and Harry Potter learn from this tour and hopefully one of them can jag a serious bag.

Smith to walk into our best XI ever for sure, Cummins to give it a fair nudge too, there used to be a time when we never scored less than 400, now it's a bit of a landmark when we play against quality.

Every player in our current is brilliant on their day, they just don't produce that day as often as previous players and we don't have multiple players doing so on the same day when it matters.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4346 times
Been liked: 7926 times

Postby Brodlach » Mon Feb 20, 2023 5:00 pm

Warner to be sent home
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby locky801 » Mon Feb 20, 2023 5:11 pm

Brodlach wrote:Warner to be sent home

Hazelwood as well, this is worse than the Jolly Jesters Circus :oops: :oops:
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3709 times
Been liked: 1170 times

Postby amber_fluid » Mon Feb 20, 2023 5:19 pm

locky801 wrote:

Is Hazelwood still injured or just coming home as he knows he won’t be playing anyway
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2227 times
Been liked: 2523 times

Postby locky801 » Mon Feb 20, 2023 5:29 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
locky801 wrote:

Is Hazelwood still injured or just coming home as he knows he won’t be playing anyway

Injured with his achilles, now they are also reporting Agar and Renshaw might be heading home WTF is going on over there
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3709 times
Been liked: 1170 times

Postby RB » Mon Feb 20, 2023 5:31 pm

Golf might be off. Struggle to make a foursome at this rate.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1075 times

Postby Jim05 » Mon Feb 20, 2023 5:48 pm

locky801 wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
locky801 wrote:

Injured with his achilles, now they are also reporting Agar and Renshaw might be heading home WTF is going on over there
Bancroft heading over
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby stampy » Mon Feb 20, 2023 6:20 pm

took three injured players over ffs
Go The Tiges!!!
stampy
Coach

Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 334 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Mon Feb 20, 2023 6:45 pm

Good night Irene

Will still be Man of the Series
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 720 times
Been liked: 1072 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Jimmy_041 » Mon Feb 20, 2023 6:46 pm

Good night Irene

Will still be Man of the Series
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 720 times
Been liked: 1072 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby tigerpie » Mon Feb 20, 2023 6:56 pm

I'm not going to sink any boots in, it is about where I thought we are in world cricket, why can't we prepare sub-continent like pitches over here?
Cause nobody thought to roll half a pitch.
The next two tests will be played on red dust.
We are in all sorts.
The sweeping epidemic is because Haydos mastered it. But he's 6'4". These guys are 5'10". Renshaw is tall but out of form.
Long reach will help Green if he gets in.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 501 times
Been liked: 431 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:21 pm

Not that India need him at the moment but Jasprit Bumrah will miss the last two tests and ODI series against Australia as he is still recovering from his back injury.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby The Dark Knight » Mon Feb 20, 2023 8:07 pm

The Dark Knight
Coach