I need to know....

Anything!

Re: I need to know....

Postby Brodlach » Thu Feb 23, 2023 2:01 pm

I just had to go to the back parts of Largs Bay, they got internet out there yet?

If ever an area hadn’t changed or stuck in the 1990’s it’s there.
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Feb 23, 2023 2:05 pm

Brodlach wrote:I just had to go to the back parts of Largs Bay, they got internet out there yet?

They never use to let crows supporters over the Birkenhead bridge when I used to live at Largs.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2226 times
Been liked: 2520 times

Postby Booney » Thu Feb 23, 2023 2:08 pm

Brodlach wrote:I just had to go to the back parts of Largs Bay, they got internet out there yet?

How'd you get past the Portland? The railway bridge has been such a strong hold for so long. I'll get onto security right away.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7492 times
Been liked: 10774 times

Postby Brodlach » Thu Feb 23, 2023 2:10 pm

amber_fluid wrote:

They never use to let crows supporters over the Birkenhead bridge when I used to live at Largs.

I got in and out as quickly as I could, different bred out there.

Chick walking down the main road near Cafe Earth(?), no top just bike pants! Not far of getting road rash
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Feb 23, 2023 2:15 pm

Brodlach wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:

Chick walking down the main road near Cafe Earth(?), no top just bike pants! Not far of getting road rash

Probably one of @Vamos ex’s ;)
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2226 times
Been liked: 2520 times

Postby Spargo » Thu Feb 23, 2023 2:26 pm

Brodlach wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:

Pics or GTFO
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5478 times
Been liked: 5119 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby MW » Thu Feb 23, 2023 2:26 pm

Vaccinations up to date?
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2602 times
Been liked: 1846 times

Postby Booney » Thu Feb 23, 2023 2:27 pm

MW wrote:

Vaccinations up to date?

Too late now.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7492 times
Been liked: 10774 times

Postby Brodlach » Thu Feb 23, 2023 2:44 pm

Haha I was stuck at the lights, Spargo she was even too low for your low standards ;)
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach
Coach

Postby Vamos » Thu Feb 23, 2023 5:46 pm

Where the back part of Largs Bay is?
Whoops, there goes another year. Whoops, there goes another pint of beer.
Vamos
League - Top 5

Has liked: 354 times
Been liked: 470 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby Vamos » Thu Feb 23, 2023 5:50 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
Brodlach wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:

Probably one of @Vamos ex’s ;)

Haven't seen her for a while but surely can't be called an Ex after 1 night :lol:
Vamos
League - Top 5

Postby FlyingHigh » Thu Feb 23, 2023 6:06 pm

gadj1976 wrote:
Pag wrote:How people change careers in their 30s?

Long story, short, my 14th year of teaching, and I've loved every bit up until the last few months, and starting to find that the enjoyment really is being sapped out of the profession. Extra admin jobs (ie inputting all behaviour incidents, even minor, on a daily basis, usually at 8.30pm after kids have gone to bed), being told 'how' to teach (ie have to follow crap lessons the Ed Dept have made that don't carter to all students), dealing with behaviour that I just have to shake my head at followed by dealing with parents who refuse to acknowledge their child could make a mistake, could go on. Wife has pulled me up a couple of times for snapping at my own kids over little things (I'm just 'kidded-out' by the end of the day). Just getting over it. The in-class stuff when I get to be myself in the way that I teach, build relationships and watch some kids grow is awesome. The rest, I feel done with. Debating whether to take some LSL for a re-fresh, or take it all and just not return.

Saw an ad for a job I felt I could do quite well, in a different field, but one I'm equally passionate about. A teaching degree clearly wasn't involved or needed, and the degree that was input as a 'desirable' I obviously don't have, but thought my passion for it could take me a long way. Wrote an application, but chickened out and didn't send it. Starting to get a bit of regret at not at least throwing my hat in the ring.

With a mortgage and two kids, re-studying for three-four years doesn't sound all that appealing when I feel I have skills that could be transferable. Just wanted to see if anyone else had changed industries and how they went about it.

Hey Pag, I've helped people do the same thing. I left a secure public service job to go contracting, which I've done for 23 years. I did have a mortgage at the time and purchased a property after a couple of years contracting. It's opened so many doors and opened my eyes to many various industries and the acquisition of many different skills I could never have imagined. It's seriously the best thing I ever did.

The one thing you should remember is that when someone puts an ad up on seek or whatever platform, they always want someone who can meet 100% of their needs. "Mr Ideal Applicant". If you meet 70-80%, throw your hat in the ring. What's the worst that can happen? Other people might only meet 50 or 60%! You just never know. If you don't get the gig, ask for feedback as to why.

The worst thing you can do is not put in an application. Trust me, went through the same thing last year.
If you get the job, you don't have to take it. If you don't get the job, at least you know one way or the other.
The uncertainty of what could have been because you didn't have a crack is the biggest regret and can gnaw away at you every moment if you're unhappy in your current job.

Being in the same job for a decade, it doesn't hurt to have the practice of an application/interview etc even if nothing comes of it.

gadj makes a good point. Many jobs I haven't applied for because of 1 or 2 criteria I don't think I'd meet, and it's such a stupid way of thinking because sometimes employers will alter the role slightly to accommodate other strengths. All the time I see people getting jobs and you think how the hell did he/she get that job.
FlyingHigh
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 81 times
Been liked: 174 times

Postby heater31 » Thu Feb 23, 2023 6:45 pm

Vamos wrote:Where the back part of Largs Bay is?
Surely it's the fuel tanks east of Victoria Rd.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby Brodlach » Thu Feb 23, 2023 7:05 pm

heater31 wrote:

I went through there but even before that it was dilapidated
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach
Coach

Postby heater31 » Thu Feb 23, 2023 7:41 pm

Brodlach wrote:
heater31 wrote:

That's not Largs.....you need to rag on Birkenhead and Peterhead [emoji6]
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby Vamos » Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:36 pm

heater31 wrote:
Brodlach wrote:
heater31 wrote:

You got it Heater, and Earth Cafe is in Port Adelaide. You got to know your locations, you just got to :D
Vamos
League - Top 5

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Feb 24, 2023 10:13 am

heater31 wrote:

You change suburbs as you pass streets around the Port. There's Largs Bay, Peterhead, Birkenhead, Semaphore, New Port, Port Adelaide, Ethelton, Semaphore South, Semaphore Park and Glanville all within an echo distance of each other.

The Peninsula is pretty much the same with Largs North, Taperoo, Osborn, North Haven and Outer Harbour all touching helmets too.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Vamos » Fri Feb 24, 2023 5:44 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
heater31 wrote:

You change suburbs as you pass streets around the Port. There's Largs Bay, Peterhead, Birkenhead, Semaphore, New Port, Port Adelaide, Ethelton, Semaphore South, Semaphore Park and Glanville all within an echo distance of each other.

The Peninsula is pretty much the same with Largs North, Taperoo, Osborn, North Haven and Outer Harbour all touching helmets too.

All mentioned suburbs except Port Adelaide and Semaphor Park are a part of the Peninsula, you got to know your peninsulas, you just got to ;)

And Exeter too, an often overlooked little gem

Give it a few years and there will be Fort Largs too I reckon, don't think the people spending 1.5mill plus for beachfront townhouses want to say they live in TAPEROO :lol:
Vamos
League - Top 5

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:51 pm

My Grandmother just paid $6500 to have her 3 bedroom unit re-carpeted 4 weeks ago and she hates it. She's finding it really hard to vacuum (medium twist pile) now that she's older, we even bought a new vacuum cleaner which we ended up taking back because she just can't manage anymore.

Anyway, she now wants to rip up this new carpet and have the floors polished instead

Any recommendations?

(and if you want to buy some brand newly fitted carpet to replace for your investment or holiday home, it's a 3 bedroom units worth - hit me up, you'll get it for a steal)
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Fri Feb 24, 2023 8:12 pm

Vamos wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
heater31 wrote:

All mentioned suburbs except Port Adelaide and Semaphor Park are a part of the Peninsula, you got to know your peninsulas, you just got to ;)

And Exeter too, an often overlooked little gem

Give it a few years and there will be Fort Largs too I reckon, don't think the people spending 1.5mill plus for beachfront townhouses want to say they live in TAPEROO [emoji38]

Yes surely the new development will become a new seperate suburb and be known as Fort Largs and not Taperoo! Although that part of Taperoo (West of Miltary Road) is pretty good now.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10331 times
Been liked: 1519 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion