PDCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: PDCA

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Feb 20, 2023 12:18 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:ATCO average 264 in two day matches @ Dauntsey Oval this year

:lol: pretty small sample size

It's still an average ;) :lol: :lol:
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby beef » Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:48 am

What happened between between Enfield & Eyre on the weekend. Heard there was some reports.
beef
League - Best 21

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 254 times

Postby whufc » Thu Feb 23, 2023 12:05 pm

beef wrote:What happened between between Enfield & Eyre on the weekend. Heard there was some reports.

Something between those two clubs and we haven't hear a thing from bedge or LM....

CONSPIRACY!!!
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5585 times
Been liked: 2526 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Feb 23, 2023 1:00 pm

whufc wrote:
beef wrote:What happened between between Enfield & Eyre on the weekend. Heard there was some reports.

Something between those two clubs and we haven't hear a thing from bedge or LM....

CONSPIRACY!!!

I wasn't there nor have I heard anything about it, I don't have a strong affiliation with the club so I don't really hear any gossip.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Old Fellow » Fri Feb 24, 2023 5:36 am

whufc wrote:

CONSPIRACY!!!

My source says that something definitely (alleged) happened (I think they are covering all their bases) on week 1 to the degree that week 2 will have Exec there. We have now heard from LM, is it now Bedge's turn?
The Old Fellow
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: Barmera-Monash

Postby moriachi » Fri Feb 24, 2023 8:33 am

Heard Bedgie has lawyered up so there will be no comment

Sent from my SM-S916B using Tapatalk
moriachi

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 12 times

Postby The Bedge » Fri Feb 24, 2023 8:52 am

moriachi wrote:Heard Bedgie has lawyered up so there will be no comment

Sent from my SM-S916B using Tapatalk

That is actually correct.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3995 times

Postby The Bedge » Fri Feb 24, 2023 9:00 am

This was what I emailed to the assoc over the weeekend:

Evening,

I write in regard to the events which unfolded on Saturday afternoon in Grade 3. Below is a compiled account of events that I have collected – I don’t claim this to be the whole and complete truth, and I’m sure there is plenty missing!

Before I start, I want it understood that personally and as a club I am vehemently against this sort of behaviour – I don’t believe either club / party is innocent – and I’m incredibly embarrassed and angry that a game of cricket can turn into this.

31st over, 2nd ball – Sandy Dhillon (Stand in Captain) appealed for LBW and was declined.
End of over, the 1st slip Harsh Bharti and wicketkeeper Aman Singh met with Sandy to talk about the LBW. Sandy explained where it pitched and where it was hitting (or not).
Non-striker batsman Chaffey interrupted their talk with “It was given not out, get the f*ck over it”.
Dhillon replied by telling him they aren’t talking to him or the umpire, a discussion between themselves so go back and concentrate on batting.
An argument ensured with Chaffey swearing and moved closer to Dhillon
At this stage the w/k Singh stepped forward and tried to send him back to his batting position.
The swearing and dialogue got more aggressive and heated.

This is where it becomes a little more vague

One account had Chaffey warned Aman he would hit him, Aman replied with “go on then” and Chaffey punched him in the stomach
This increased hostilities, an Enfield player? Grabbed a bat out of the other batsman’s hands.
Chaffey struck Aman with his bat across the side / back
Aman ran off and grabbed a stump, came back at him

Back to where most stories lineup:

At this stage the whole Eyre Royals side came onto the field, and I’m told also a spectator (but I believe it was Coombe) speared tackled Aman to the ground, jumped on top and wrestled.
Aman wrestled his way back on top, and both had each other in some sort of headlock.
Half a dozen players tried pulling the two apart
Both sides were separated, and the heated abusive language flew backwards and forwards, before finally going their separate ways and taking tea.

At this stage I was called by my partner – I spoke with both captains and got a brief run down of events. I suggested that the game should be called off, but Eyre Captain Darlow insisted they couldn’t afford that and needed the points, and assured me they’d taken care of Chaffey and settling him.

I suggested they take an extended tea break for 30min to ensure tempers simmer and take emotion out, and that if both sides could act like mature adults, then continue – but if anything else occurred that’s it call it.
After that I called Pete Clarkson to inform him of what had happened, the feedback I’d given, and requested that he send an official to our ground to monitor events for the remainder of the day.
Elaine Figallo presented and observed the remainder of the day without incident.

People I spoke with:
Sandy Dhillon – Enfield Captain
Josh Darlow – Eyre Royals Captain
Michael Feltus – Eyre Royals Spectator
Shane Douglas – Eyre Royals Player

Other comments:
Michael Feltus informed that the language and attitude from Eyre Royals was poor from the start of play but did say that Chaffey appeared to be “backing up” with a few Enfield players moving towards him.
He also mentioned he thought he was saw “what probably was a punch to the stomach”
Finally said an Enfield player ran past the Enfield players to grab the stump, then back through them and no one stopped him.

Background
An official umpire was requested for this match but not supplied. There was also an incident on Sunday in the T20 late in the game, that saw tempers flare when a run out was given not out. This involved Chaffey mostly at point and Kent. Kent gave one of our players an unnecessary send off. Post game, several players refused to shake hands and comments about being cheats were thrown out, it began getting heated with an Eyre player getting in the face of an Enfield player and then wanting to fight as players came between and separated them. Abuse continued. Coombe also came onto the ground and called a player to the car park despite not being part of the game.

I believe this set the tone for this week. I went over to the Eyre group post game to chat and try to settle the situation, but to little avail. Comments about “always having trouble” with our team constantly thrown at me. I was told that Vijay Kumar “always cheats” despite being his 1st season at the club, and 3 years ago Nav Singh “cheated and threatened players” despite this being only his second season at the club.

Sunday was the FIRST time I’ve had any issues against Eyre.

Teams
It should be noted, that Sunday’s T20 was an A grade team – none of the players had played most those Eyre team previously and didn’t play on Saturday.
Saturday’s B team was predominately C grade players who had come up – they have no history with this Eyre team and haven’t played them this season previously.
There were previous issues in 2020 between Eyre B and Enfield B – only two players (Dhillon and Bharti) remain from that team.

Eyre Players
The consistency amongst the incidents:
Leon Kent
Josh Darlow
Dylan Chaffey
Daniel Coombe
Darryl Harris

I fear that a group of Eyre Royals players (if not more) may or may not have a level of pre-conceived prejudice. I’m not trying to suggest they’re racist but rather that they have had a bad experience at some point in the past and now have a blanket mentality and stereotype towards all members of our club as a collective and are allowing these personal views or opinions to manifest and create a level of friction each time we play that continues to escalate.

I want this matter handled quickly and efficiently, regardless of the outcome, it’s untenable having constant conflict and rift between the two sides.

Please let me know if you require anything further, or if I can assist in any other way.

Kind regards
Matthew Bedgegood
Chairman
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Feb 24, 2023 9:07 am

The Bedge wrote:Kind regards
Matthew Bedgegood
Chairman

You might want to remove this bit, people will now know who you are.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby no_remorse28 » Fri Feb 24, 2023 9:51 am

Unruly behaviour from last year's club of the year Mr Bedge
no_remorse28
Reserves

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 71 times
Grassroots Team: Para Hills

Postby whufc » Fri Feb 24, 2023 10:58 am

Good old PDCA.........

It's amazing how quickly things can escalate.... feel sorry for those who play for the two teams that were not involved.
whufc
Coach

Postby Trader » Fri Feb 24, 2023 11:22 am

The Bedge wrote:31st over, 2nd ball – Sandy Dhillon (Stand in Captain) appealed for LBW and was declined.
End of over, the 1st slip Harsh Bharti and wicketkeeper Aman Singh met with Sandy to talk about the LBW. Sandy explained where it pitched and where it was hitting (or not).

Failure to accept umpires decision.
Delay of game.
Dissent.

4 weeks each.

And then the fun started!

I don't begrude you bedge. Never fun when players cant get along.
All the best sorting it out.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Feb 24, 2023 12:51 pm

whufc wrote:Good old PDCA.........

It's amazing how quickly things can escalate.... feel sorry for those who play for the two teams that were not involved.

I played in a game once and there wasn't a fight.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby whufc » Fri Feb 24, 2023 1:45 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Once being the key word.

I do recall seeing bats swing and fists fly in a year i won a flag. We had a few guys suspended for that one, whilst the other club had nearly their entire team suspended.

Some of the funnier days were watching two teammates of the opposition throw fists on the mounds after the days play. Then there was the stump throwing incident.....i'm yet to see a stump be launched at that speed or velocity ever again.
whufc
Coach

Postby locky801 » Fri Feb 24, 2023 4:42 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Never occurred in the days of Church cricket , reading this i cannot fathom such poor behaviour by both clubs, punching people swinging bats grabbing stumps, threatening behaviour, takes two to tango, penalties for this should be very severe, embarrassed to be a life member of one of the Clubs involved :oops: :oops:
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3694 times
Been liked: 1165 times

Postby The Bedge » Fri Feb 24, 2023 5:08 pm

Last edited by The Bedge on Sat Feb 25, 2023 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Fri Feb 24, 2023 5:15 pm

Last edited by The Bedge on Sat Feb 25, 2023 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:13 pm

locky801 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Never occurred in the days of Church cricket , reading this i cannot fathom such poor behaviour by both clubs, punching people swinging bats grabbing stumps, threatening behaviour, takes two to tango, penalties for this should be very severe, embarrassed to be a life member of one of the Clubs involved :oops: :oops:

Hear hear .... Gordon Turner would be turning in his grave.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby Brodlach » Fri Feb 24, 2023 8:57 pm

Guessing you’re not heading to their sportsman night next week then Bedge?
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby no_remorse28 » Sat Feb 25, 2023 8:49 am

Why edit the posts Bedge

Most entertaining the forum has been in months.
no_remorse28
Reserves

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 71 times
Grassroots Team: Para Hills

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps