PDCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: PDCA

Postby carey » Tue Feb 28, 2023 1:30 pm

About time a few blokes teed off on here, bloody boring otherwise.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2796 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby The Bedge » Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:21 am

Friday evening last week, I posted comments on here related to the Eyre Royals Cricket Club which were unfounded, derogatory, harmful and serious in nature.

I unreservedly apologise for my actions and behavior, and for the distress and offence that my remarks caused. I have always enjoyed a good relationship with Eyre Royals, and have fond memories of my time spent at the club and the relationships formed with it's members - it's sobering to think that I've caused damage to that with a few moments of carelessness.

Whilst it's no excuse, following a very trying period in recent weeks, plus an over indulgence of beer - I was overwhelmed with indignation at another comment that was made on here, and reacted stupidly and without thought or consideration for those impacted, and dragged the Eyre Royals club unwillingly into my response.

As a person in a position of trust and responsibility within my club, I need to hold myself to the highest account and be representative of the behavior expected of me and that I would expect of my members. It was foolish, immature and irresponsible. I am sorry.

I also want to extend my sincerest apologies on behalf of the Enfield United CCC for the actions and situation that unfolded during our B grade match over the last two weeks, and for the part that our players played in bringing the game into disrepute. As a club, we don't stand for these behaviors and we are committed to improving our standards and expectations of our members across all facets.

My only hope, is that we are able to put the past two weeks behind us sooner rather than later, and return as a collective to resuming playing, promoting and developing the great game of cricket in our communities.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Brodlach » Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:26 am

Well done Bedge, we all make mistakes but it’s how we correct them that is important.
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4207 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby whufc » Thu Mar 02, 2023 11:18 am

The Bedge wrote:Friday evening last week, I posted comments on here related to the Eyre Royals Cricket Club which were unfounded, derogatory, harmful and serious in nature.

I unreservedly apologise for my actions and behavior, and for the distress and offence that my remarks caused. I have always enjoyed a good relationship with Eyre Royals, and have fond memories of my time spent at the club and the relationships formed with it's members - it's sobering to think that I've caused damage to that with a few moments of carelessness.

Whilst it's no excuse, following a very trying period in recent weeks, plus an over indulgence of beer - I was overwhelmed with indignation at another comment that was made on here, and reacted stupidly and without thought or consideration for those impacted, and dragged the Eyre Royals club unwillingly into my response.

As a person in a position of trust and responsibility within my club, I need to hold myself to the highest account and be representative of the behavior expected of me and that I would expect of my members. It was foolish, immature and irresponsible. I am sorry.

I also want to extend my sincerest apologies on behalf of the Enfield United CCC for the actions and situation that unfolded during our B grade match over the last two weeks, and for the part that our players played in bringing the game into disrepute. As a club, we don't stand for these behaviors and we are committed to improving our standards and expectations of our members across all facets.

My only hope, is that we are able to put the past two weeks behind us sooner rather than later, and return as a collective to resuming playing, promoting and developing the great game of cricket in our communities.

I dont think you made a mistake but you're a legend for putting rights wrong!!!

One of the best in the PDCA.....your club and the comp need more Bedges involved.

Now get back to slagging everyone again :lol:
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5566 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby no_remorse28 » Thu Mar 02, 2023 1:30 pm

The Bedge wrote:Friday evening last week, I posted comments on here related to the Eyre Royals Cricket Club which were unfounded, derogatory, harmful and serious in nature.

If anyone reading the forums didn't realise that was old school phantom gossiper on the gas then they just don't recall the great times the forum once was.

Fair play for apologising, how did they recieve you at the ground when you attended the women's game.
no_remorse28
Reserves

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 71 times
Grassroots Team: Para Hills

Postby whufc » Thu Mar 02, 2023 1:39 pm

no_remorse28 wrote:

If anyone reading the forums didn't realise that was old school phantom gossiper on the gas then they just don't recall the great times the forum once was.

Fair play for apologising, how did they recieve you at the ground when you attended the women's game.

Given your username there would never have been an apology.... :lol:
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5566 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby OKC! » Thu Mar 02, 2023 2:36 pm

Think with both Enfield and Eyre Royals looking for a win this week for finals, pink stumps day for the ladies, could be a great time to put this past everyone and see a great game of cricket unfold.
The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.
OKC!
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 42 times
Grassroots Team: Pooraka

Postby no_remorse28 » Thu Mar 02, 2023 4:21 pm

OKC! wrote:Think with both Enfield and Eyre Royals looking for a win this week for finals, pink stumps day for the ladies, could be a great time to put this past everyone and see a great game of cricket unfold.

Absolutely, back to you throwing shade at Dublin
no_remorse28
Reserves

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 71 times
Grassroots Team: Para Hills

Postby Lucky For Some » Fri Mar 03, 2023 8:43 am

OKC! wrote:Think with both Enfield and Eyre Royals looking for a win this week for finals, pink stumps day for the ladies, could be a great time to put this past everyone and see a great game of cricket unfold.

I dunno, our ladies can get pretty rowdy
Nobody has gotten a hand job in cargo shorts since 'Nam!
Lucky For Some
Under 16s

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 8 times

Postby carey » Fri Mar 03, 2023 9:26 am

Gay :YMSICK:
carey
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Sun Mar 05, 2023 12:18 pm

Assuming that the points are correct in MyCricket, Grade 2 is about to get flipped on its scone, ATCO likely to swap from 4th to 2nd with Enfield. Eyre should remain 3rd and the Gardens to take the minor premiership.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby carey » Mon Mar 06, 2023 5:34 pm

carey wrote:

This also has PDCA written all over it. Apologise or will suspend you. Pffft please.
carey
Coach

Postby Lucky For Some » Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:10 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
The Bedge wrote:Womens Comp

Grade 1
1. Eyre Royals 'A'
2. Eyre Royals 'B'
3. Eastern Park 'A'
4. Enfield United 'A'
5. North Pines 'A'
6. Salisbury West 'A'

Grade 2
1. ATCO 'A'
2. Eastern Park 'B'
3. Eyre Royals 'C'
4. Fitzroy 'A'
5. Salisbury West 'B'
6. Smithfield 'A'

Grade 3
1. Craigmore 'Navy Blue'
2. Craigmore 'White'
3. Dublin 'A'
4. Eastern Park 'C'
5. Parafield Gardens 'A'
6. Salisbury West 'C'

Get around my women's side, huge effort - from winless and bottom of Grade 3 two years ago to Grade 1 this season. :lol:

We look forward to being fodder for the stronger clubs. 8)

In all seriousness though, the women's comp seems as unsettled and inconsistent as the men's comp - perhaps it's time they just went with 1 division of 18 teams and play each other once in a one day match.

Eyre vs Eyre GF?

Trouble with your bottom suggestion is that everyone will forfeit when they're due to play ER.

Nostradamus McQueen
Nobody has gotten a hand job in cargo shorts since 'Nam!
Lucky For Some
Under 16s

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 8 times

Postby carey » Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:36 am

So i've just heard the 'Eyre Royals Cricket Association' has suspended Bedge.

Cant upset the golden childs hey?
carey
Coach

Postby piners » Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:50 pm

Eyre royals LO6 side beat ATCO on the weekend but have lost now by disqualification….
Puts them out of finals and salisbury west in
piners
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: North Pines

Postby Tony Clifton » Tue Mar 07, 2023 7:02 pm

carey wrote:So i've just heard the 'Eyre Royals Cricket Association' has suspended Bedge.

Really? Because of what he posted on here?
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby carey » Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:18 am

Tony Clifton wrote:
carey wrote:So i've just heard the 'Eyre Royals Cricket Association' has suspended Bedge.

Really? Because of what he posted on here?

6 games I was told.
carey
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:28 am

carey wrote:

Mature mate, not gay.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7468 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby BenchedEagle » Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:17 am

I was part of the tribunal that made this decision and I have never been associated with Eyre Royals, in fact I don't even think I have played a game against them in my shortish history with the PDCA as a player.

I wont discuss the specifics of the matter but will just say as much as we all loved the good ol wild west days of SA Footy when we could all say and troll whoever we liked without repercussions, those days are over.

There was a line that was crossed and when a formal complaint is made, which in this case happened, it has to be investigated and a penalty considered, doesn't matter what team it is.

A penalty was offered and accepted and the party righted a wrong by making an apology which will see him not miss any finals. It would've been difficult to do and I have full respect for him doing it so gracefully.

His work to build his club up is recognised and is widely respected by everyone I know and I hope this matter is now closed and all involved can move on.
BenchedEagle
League - Top 5

Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 50 times

Postby Tony Clifton » Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:28 am

What happens if a poster posts something against PDCA social media rules but you don't know who they are?
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps