Port Adelaide 2023

Talk on the national game

Re: Port Adelaide 2023

Postby am Bays » Fri Mar 03, 2023 10:40 am

Dutchy wrote:The over reaction to a trial game is complete and utter comedy :lol:

Schimma, says Hi!
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1807 times

Postby amber_fluid » Fri Mar 03, 2023 10:44 am

Brodlach wrote:Heard about 10 minutes of the 5AA call (which was terrible, don’t bother calling it off the TV), Giniver and Tredrea were scathing. Words like insipid, lazy, soft, stupid were constantly used. They were so angry

Were they describing Rowey?
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2224 times
Been liked: 2514 times

Postby Brodlach » Fri Mar 03, 2023 10:47 am

amber_fluid wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Heard about 10 minutes of the 5AA call (which was terrible, don’t bother calling it off the TV), Giniver and Tredrea were scathing. Words like insipid, lazy, soft, stupid were constantly used. They were so angry

I thought they were describing your posting on here ;)
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby amber_fluid » Fri Mar 03, 2023 10:50 am

Brodlach wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:

I thought they were describing your posting on here ;)

Touché’

Now **** off! ;)
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Fri Mar 03, 2023 10:53 am

:lol:
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Postby Booney » Fri Mar 03, 2023 10:58 am

Dutchy wrote:The over reaction to a trial game is complete and utter comedy :lol:

I disagree, what we saw was more of the type of forward 50 entry Port fans are sick of seeing. Scrappy through the middle, bombing to Dixon one out, the opposition rebound. Sure, it's game 2 of proper hit out footy but the performances / execution in the last two weeks mirror that of seasons gone.

Rucks getting beaten, midfield breaking even, forward 50 entries in the positive but return for effort too low. It's easy to go "It was a trial game", it's more accurate to assess why it's caused concern.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7487 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby Dutchy » Fri Mar 03, 2023 11:02 am

Also heard a bit of this, Ill never listen to a radio call again while it is being called off the TV, it genuinely sounded like they were on the couch and Timmy's place, there was very little play by play calling going on so it was extremely hard to engage in the game, maybe it is supposed to be watched in conjunction with the TV?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2322 times
Been liked: 3495 times

Postby Brodlach » Fri Mar 03, 2023 11:18 am

Dutchy wrote:

Also heard a bit of this, Ill never listen to a radio call again while it is being called off the TV, it genuinely sounded like they were on the couch and Timmy's place, there was very little play by play calling going on so it was extremely hard to engage in the game, maybe it is supposed to be watched in conjunction with the TV?

Whatever their intent were it was horrid.
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach
Coach

Postby MW » Fri Mar 03, 2023 11:34 am

Booney wrote:

I disagree, what we saw was more of the type of forward 50 entry Port fans are sick of seeing. Scrappy through the middle, bombing to Dixon one out, the opposition rebound. Sure, it's game 2 of proper hit out footy but the performances / execution in the last two weeks mirror that of seasons gone.

Rucks getting beaten, midfield breaking even, forward 50 entries in the positive but return for effort too low. It's easy to go "It was a trial game", it's more accurate to assess why it's caused concern.

Dixon is your concern.
For years him one out has not worked even though the collective league blow smoke up his ass that he is this dominant big man in the game.
Is he good enough as a no.1 ruck? Probably not.
Tough decision, but you are almost better structured without him in the side.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2598 times
Been liked: 1844 times

Postby Booney » Fri Mar 03, 2023 11:41 am

MW wrote:
Booney wrote:

Dixon is your concern.
For years him one out has not worked even though the collective league blow smoke up his ass that he is this dominant big man in the game.

AA CHF and 80+ goals in back to back preliminary final sides, can't be all that broken. ;)

I'm rucking him ahead of Lycett at the moment and I think a Dixon/Finlayson combo is our best look.

Both mobile around the ground, both offer something different in the middle and both can be dangerous forward. Allows Marshall and Georgiades to become the 1-2 team up front and grow into their roles more. I'm making Marshall our #1 target I50 right now. Add Powell-Pepper ( probably the summer stand out ), Rioli and the rotating smalls and I think it looks far more dangerous.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Fri Mar 03, 2023 11:48 am

Was it Rioli and Boak that didn’t play? Anyone else?
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach
Coach

Postby Booney » Fri Mar 03, 2023 11:49 am

Brodlach wrote:Was it Rioli and Boak that didn’t play? Anyone else?

Rioli, Boak, Finlayson.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby whufc » Fri Mar 03, 2023 12:09 pm

Trial games means absolutely nothing......in saying that however after Port's 0-5 start last year i imagined they would be one team who would want to come out in the trial games hard and build some serious momentum for a 'blockbuster' round 1 clash.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5586 times
Been liked: 2527 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Mar 03, 2023 12:22 pm

Brodlach wrote:Was it Rioli and Boak that didn’t play? Anyone else?

Pretty much all of them
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Mar 03, 2023 12:27 pm

MW wrote:
Booney wrote:

Dixon is your concern.

Dixon is a vital cog, he doesn’t get used correctly.

We know he’ll get triple teamed when we bang it in long and high, he will then coo the wrath of not being able to take a grab, I like seeing him up the ground more, with Port generally having good leg speed we should be trying to run the ball into the forward 50 and scoring from the 30-40 metre area.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby MW » Fri Mar 03, 2023 12:35 pm

whufc wrote:Trial games means absolutely nothing......in saying that however after Port's 0-5 start last year i imagined they would be one team who would want to come out in the trial games hard and build some serious momentum for a 'blockbuster' round 1 clash.

Sides expected to be top 8, it doesn't matter
Sides expected to be bottom 8, needs to win
MW
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Fri Mar 03, 2023 12:39 pm

MW wrote:
whufc wrote:Trial games means absolutely nothing......in saying that however after Port's 0-5 start last year i imagined they would be one team who would want to come out in the trial games hard and build some serious momentum for a 'blockbuster' round 1 clash.

So where does Port sit?
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Fri Mar 03, 2023 12:39 pm

Every team and supporter has hope at this time of the year but the reality is Port aren’t playing finals again this year
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby MW » Fri Mar 03, 2023 12:41 pm

Brodlach wrote:
MW wrote:

So where does Port sit?

If they arent targeting/expecting top 8 with that list...they should be targeting top 4
MW
Coach

Postby UK Fan » Fri Mar 03, 2023 12:43 pm

Did Tom "lynchpin" Clurey play ??
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1202 times
Been liked: 502 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL