Things that you rate!

Anything!

Re: Things that you rate!

Postby am Bays » Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:01 pm

Booney wrote:Mum turned 80 on Saturday, I'd spoken to Tim Ginever to see if he could pull something* off to make her day, he sure did. Waltzed into her place Saturday afternoon with a bunch of flowers like it was his own place, sat for an hour and had a beer with us. He's a champion bloke.

I've begrudgingly liked this for much the same reasons of whuffer, but I've not heard one bad bad word about Ginever.

His performance in the 1994 GF was one for the ages he just kept cracking in against the odds all through the 2nd and 3rd qtr then the dam broke.

Finest Captains performance I've seen in a Granny
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby Jase » Mon Mar 06, 2023 4:31 pm

This could be in the Sh1ts thread, the Sad thread or this one, but I'll be positive about it.

Big Miss Jase was due to have her first Level 6 gymnastics competition on Saturday arvo, and was having g the teams final traininsession Friday night.

The very last tumbling pass before the cool down started at the end of the session, she misjudged her Back Sault and fell on her arm/wrist.

We ended up I hospital at 8:45 pm and ended up leaving after inconclusive xrays at 3:30am.

She was devo about missing her comp, and potentially another 2 comps ,but still wanted to go and cheer on her team.

You could see her little (big) heart breaking when her teammates where competing but she kept on cheering for them...

Hopefully thr follow up xrays on Wednesday will be clear and a couple of weeks she'll be back.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
Jase
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1476 times
Been liked: 550 times

Postby locky801 » Mon Mar 06, 2023 4:50 pm

Booney wrote:Mum turned 80 on Saturday, I'd spoken to Tim Ginever to see if he could pull something* off to make her day, he sure did. Waltzed into her place Saturday afternoon with a bunch of flowers like it was his own place, sat for an hour and had a beer with us. He's a champion bloke.

Hope you supplied the beer :partyman:
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3645 times
Been liked: 1160 times

Postby mal » Mon Mar 06, 2023 5:14 pm

am Bays wrote:

I've begrudgingly liked this for much the same reasons of whuffer, but I've not heard one bad bad word about Ginever.

His performance in the 1994 GF was one for the ages he just kept cracking in against the odds all through the 2nd and 3rd qtr then the dam broke.

=D>

Agree champion bloke
Very good player
Very very good captain
Excellent commenatator
mal
Coach

Has liked: 1138 times
Been liked: 892 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Mar 06, 2023 5:59 pm

Happy Birthday to your Mum.

How is she going after the fall?
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3581 times

Postby Brodlach » Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:17 pm

Jase wrote:This could be in the Sh1ts thread, the Sad thread or this one, but I'll be positive about it.

Big Miss Jase was due to have her first Level 6 gymnastics competition on Saturday arvo, and was having g the teams final traininsession Friday night.

The very last tumbling pass before the cool down started at the end of the session, she misjudged her Back Sault and fell on her arm/wrist.

We ended up I hospital at 8:45 pm and ended up leaving after inconclusive xrays at 3:30am.

She was devo about missing her comp, and potentially another 2 comps ,but still wanted to go and cheer on her team.

You could see her little (big) heart breaking when her teammates where competing but she kept on cheering for them...

Hopefully thr follow up xrays on Wednesday will be clear and a couple of weeks she'll be back.

Hope she’s ok. You’ve taught her well Jase, always support your team mates.
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby MW » Tue Mar 07, 2023 9:02 am

Brodlach wrote:
Jase wrote:This could be in the Sh1ts thread, the Sad thread or this one, but I'll be positive about it.

My daughter was at the same comp, level 6. Failed to upgrade by 0.04 overall...
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby Brodlach » Tue Mar 07, 2023 9:43 am

Ouch!
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:52 am

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:

Happy Birthday to your Mum.

How is she going after the fall?

Really well mate, thank you.

Has given the stick the flick and other than a bit of a limp you wouldn't know she'd hurt herself.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10754 times

Postby Booney » Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:52 am

locky801 wrote:

Hope you supplied the beer :partyman:

I did! Mum wondered why I rolled up with 3 beers when it was only me. ( She should know better ).
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:04 pm

am Bays wrote:

I met him on a flight a few years ago
He was fairly bombastic and laughed at everything
I spent an hour or so talking with him about all sorts of things
Came away thinking - "what a great bloke"
He just seems to enjoy life
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Jase » Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:12 pm

MW wrote:
Brodlach wrote:

My daughter was at the same comp, level 6. Failed to upgrade by 0.04 overall...

Bugger, can't get much closer... What year level, if you don't mind me asking?
Jase
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1476 times
Been liked: 550 times

Postby MW » Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:16 pm

U13
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby Booney » Thu Mar 09, 2023 3:14 pm

Just asked the Google home mini in the office to play some music and surprise me.

I got Iron Maiden's Run to the Hills on the violin! :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:20 am

Another racial out burst at a sporting event, this time at the NRL.

What I rate was the response by the South Sydney coach Jason Demetrius and the impassioned plea to end racism and telling supporters not to come if that’s what they are going to do. Rarely do we hear that from coaches

Actually made the hairs on my neck stand up
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Fri Mar 10, 2023 11:15 am

Wife off on a cruise for the weekend so that leaves me with a weekend of footy, races and golf :)
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Wedgie » Fri Mar 10, 2023 11:36 am

Dutchy wrote:Wife off on a cruise for the weekend so that leaves me with a weekend of footy, races and golf :)

80s cruise?
I'll look out for her! :lol:
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Booney » Fri Mar 10, 2023 11:42 am

Wedgie wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Wife off on a cruise for the weekend so that leaves me with a weekend of footy, races and golf :)

80s cruise?

All cruises are for over 80's aren't they?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Fri Mar 10, 2023 11:46 am

Booney wrote:
Wedgie wrote:

80s cruise?

All cruises are for over 80's aren't they?

Nah not P & O, cheap, nasty, feral and much younger.
Hopefully no kids on this one though hence why it appealed ;)
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Dutchy » Fri Mar 10, 2023 12:34 pm

Wedgie wrote:

80s cruise?

haha yep :lol:
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion