Things that you rate!

Anything!

Re: Things that you rate!

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Mar 10, 2023 1:59 pm

Jase wrote:This could be in the Sh1ts thread, the Sad thread or this one, but I'll be positive about it.

Big Miss Jase was due to have her first Level 6 gymnastics competition on Saturday arvo, and was having g the teams final traininsession Friday night.

The very last tumbling pass before the cool down started at the end of the session, she misjudged her Back Sault and fell on her arm/wrist.

We ended up I hospital at 8:45 pm and ended up leaving after inconclusive xrays at 3:30am.

She was devo about missing her comp, and potentially another 2 comps ,but still wanted to go and cheer on her team.

You could see her little (big) heart breaking when her teammates where competing but she kept on cheering for them...

Hopefully thr follow up xrays on Wednesday will be clear and a couple of weeks she'll be back.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

You've taught her well Jase, what great sportsmanship!

Depending on how she landed (did she put her hand/arm out to try and break her fall?) could possibly mean a scaphoid, which are the ones that never show up until about week later, once the swelling starts to go down. they're also the ones that take the longest to heal too, so I hope this isn't what it is
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby Jase » Fri Mar 10, 2023 3:45 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
Jase wrote:This could be in the Sh1ts thread, the Sad thread or this one, but I'll be positive about it.

Big Miss Jase was due to have her first Level 6 gymnastics competition on Saturday arvo, and was having g the teams final traininsession Friday night.

The very last tumbling pass before the cool down started at the end of the session, she misjudged her Back Sault and fell on her arm/wrist.

We ended up I hospital at 8:45 pm and ended up leaving after inconclusive xrays at 3:30am.

She was devo about missing her comp, and potentially another 2 comps ,but still wanted to go and cheer on her team.

You could see her little (big) heart breaking when her teammates where competing but she kept on cheering for them...

Hopefully thr follow up xrays on Wednesday will be clear and a couple of weeks she'll be back.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

You've taught her well Jase, what great sportsmanship!

Depending on how she landed (did she put her hand/arm out to try and break her fall?) could possibly mean a scaphoid, which are the ones that never show up until about week later, once the swelling starts to go down. they're also the ones that take the longest to heal too, so I hope this isn't what it is

Well thank fully the Doctor has confirmed that it isn't a break, and just a sprain.

Saw the physio today and she has given her strengthening and mobility exercises. The physio is happy for her to aim for the next comp in a couple of weeks..

The kid is bouncing off the walls to get back to full training. She went on Monday and Tuesday night with the cast on and was able to do a heap of strength, flexibility and some floor and beam routine stuff, but nothing where any weight was on her wrist...

Now the cast is off, she has a brace, and can do some more, so she is pumped for Training tonight and tomorrow...
Jase
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1476 times
Been liked: 550 times

Postby Thiele » Fri Mar 10, 2023 7:40 pm

I rate today at work. Had to be one of the best days at work. We had car racing games, pinball machines, karaoke, lots of lollies, chips, Catered lunch and celebrating our time at Torrensville
James Ezard Joint 2009 Magarey Medalist

Personal views only not views of the West Adelaide Footy Club or Bedford Indstries
Thiele
Coach

Has liked: 149 times
Been liked: 78 times

Postby Brodlach » Fri Mar 10, 2023 7:52 pm

Thiele wrote:I rate today at work. Had to be one of the best days at work. We had car racing games, pinball machines, karaoke, lots of lollies, chips, Catered lunch and celebrating our time at Torrensville

Sounds like a great send off, enjoy your new adventure
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Thiele » Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:36 pm

Brodlach wrote:
Thiele wrote:I rate today at work. Had to be one of the best days at work. We had car racing games, pinball machines, karaoke, lots of lollies, chips, Catered lunch and celebrating our time at Torrensville

Sounds like a great send off, enjoy your new adventure
I will they are lovely people at Panorama
James Ezard Joint 2009 Magarey Medalist

Personal views only not views of the West Adelaide Footy Club or Bedford Indstries
Thiele
Coach

Has liked: 149 times
Been liked: 78 times

Postby Wedgie » Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:14 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Wedgie wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Wife off on a cruise for the weekend so that leaves me with a weekend of footy, races and golf :)

80s cruise?
I'll look out for her! :lol:

haha yep :lol:

Saw her and said gudday.
Happy to report she's behaving mate. :lol:
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Booney » Tue Mar 14, 2023 8:05 am

AUKUS.

Put simply this is the boom South Australia has been waiting, looking for, since the death of car manufacturing.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7466 times
Been liked: 10753 times

Postby Pseudo » Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:46 am

Booney wrote:AUKUS.

Put simply this is the boom South Australia has been waiting, looking for, since the French subs were shitcanned.

EFA.
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Vamos » Tue Mar 14, 2023 11:38 am

Booney wrote:AUKUS.

Put simply this is the boom South Australia has been waiting, looking for, since the death of car manufacturing.

Great result, my company will certainly be heavily involved. Will see me through to retirement if I choose to remain in the industry.
Whoops, there goes another year. Whoops, there goes another pint of beer.
Vamos
League - Top 5

Has liked: 342 times
Been liked: 450 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby DOC » Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:14 am

Pale Ale $43 at Dans.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby amber_fluid » Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:40 am

DOC wrote:Pale Ale $43 at Dans.

Stubbies* or cans?
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby DOC » Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:37 pm

Stubbies
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby Vamos » Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:54 am

Lol
Vamos
League - Top 5

Postby Brodlach » Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:46 am

Anyone needs a tree removed give Adelaide Trees and Gardens a call.

11/10 for service, price and ability
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Booney » Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:54 am

Rate? I f*cking love it. Join us, you'll love it over here.

Nick Ryan

Why I’m bucking the trend on Daryl Braithwaite’s Horses

It’s hard to pin down the notion of nations, that intangible bond that links disparate people and tells them they’re countrymen. In some places it’s a bond forged by historical hardship, in others it’s adherence to a big political idea.

In Australia it’s an inexplicable fondness for cheesy soft rock.

And it’s got to stop.

Can we please, PLEASE, stop with all this Horses rubbish. It never was a good song and it’s certainly not improved by mass-scale choral conformity.

One voice belting out Horses is an abomination. Thousands belting it out is a crime against humanity.

Horses mania reached its apogee recently when Harry Styles decided to play the song as part of his Hormone Overload Australian tour.

You can just imagine the conversation with his minders when that decision was made.

“Hey Harry, sure, the stadium is full of teenage girls who adore you but if you sing this confected piece of crap written long before any of them were born, they’ll absolutely lose their minds.

“And if you wheel out the old bloke who originally sang it, a guy these girls’ grandmothers thought was a hunk of spunk, you’ll get blanket coverage in every newspaper in the country because the weird Australian obsession with this song has become a bit of a thing.”

Horses mania is the most significant outbreak of a peculiarly Australian need for collective connection through rubbish songs.

Like everyone in the pub dropping their daks when Eagle Rock comes on the jukebox, or mobs of boozed-up blokes belting out the lyrics to a song about a Vietnam veteran with PTSD and a penchant for Chinese prostitutes.

The desire for connection is fundamental. Our brains need it and our hearts want it. In Australia we use our tin ears to get it.

The great mystery is why this bobbing turd of a tune brings so many people together. Pedants love to point out Daryl Braithwaite’s recording of the song is actually a cover of Rikki Lee Jones’ original.

Now if we’d co-opted her best tune, Chuck E’s in Love, this might all be different. But instead we bellow Horses, a tune Jones co-wrote with Walter Becker. Becker was in Steely Dan and for those lucky enough to have no idea who they are, imagine cocaine transformed into soundwaves played through a 1970s hi-fi while you sit in a beanbag filled with pellets of self-loathing and regret. That’s Steely Dan.

Some call Becker a genius. I don’t, but he may have stumbled on a songwriting technique that taps directly into brains of drunken Australians and their need for repetition, affirmation and instruction.

From its halfway point Horses is nothing more than a chorus repeated five times. It doesn’t take a lot of mental capacity to remember that.

Especially when most of it consists of just shouting “Yeah, yeah”.

And then, when the drinking that led to the singing finally knocks you off your feet, the song directs your companions to “Lift you up”.

This is what some are calling our de-facto national anthem. But even that tedious dirge of an official anthem has to be better than this.

These Horses need to go to the knackery.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7466 times
Been liked: 10753 times

Postby am Bays » Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:13 am

Booney wrote:Rate? I f*cking love it. Join us, you'll love it over here.

Nick Ryan

It’s hard to pin down the notion of nations, that intangible bond that links disparate people and tells them they’re countrymen. In some places it’s a bond forged by historical hardship, in others it’s adherence to a big political idea.

And it’s got to stop.

Can we please, PLEASE, stop with all this Horses rubbish. It never was a good song and it’s certainly not improved by mass-scale choral conformity.

One voice belting out Horses is an abomination. Thousands belting it out is a crime against humanity.

Horses mania reached its apogee recently when Harry Styles decided to play the song as part of his Hormone Overload Australian tour.

You can just imagine the conversation with his minders when that decision was made.

“Hey Harry, sure, the stadium is full of teenage girls who adore you but if you sing this confected piece of crap written long before any of them were born, they’ll absolutely lose their minds.

“And if you wheel out the old bloke who originally sang it, a guy these girls’ grandmothers thought was a hunk of spunk, you’ll get blanket coverage in every newspaper in the country because the weird Australian obsession with this song has become a bit of a thing.”

Horses mania is the most significant outbreak of a peculiarly Australian need for collective connection through rubbish songs.

Like everyone in the pub dropping their daks when Eagle Rock comes on the jukebox, or mobs of boozed-up blokes belting out the lyrics to a song about a Vietnam veteran with PTSD and a penchant for Chinese prostitutes.

The desire for connection is fundamental. Our brains need it and our hearts want it. In Australia we use our tin ears to get it.

The great mystery is why this bobbing turd of a tune brings so many people together. Pedants love to point out Daryl Braithwaite’s recording of the song is actually a cover of Rikki Lee Jones’ original.

Now if we’d co-opted her best tune, Chuck E’s in Love, this might all be different. But instead we bellow Horses, a tune Jones co-wrote with Walter Becker. Becker was in Steely Dan and for those lucky enough to have no idea who they are, imagine cocaine transformed into soundwaves played through a 1970s hi-fi while you sit in a beanbag filled with pellets of self-loathing and regret. That’s Steely Dan.

Some call Becker a genius. I don’t, but he may have stumbled on a songwriting technique that taps directly into brains of drunken Australians and their need for repetition, affirmation and instruction.

From its halfway point Horses is nothing more than a chorus repeated five times. It doesn’t take a lot of mental capacity to remember that.

And then, when the drinking that led to the singing finally knocks you off your feet, the song directs your companions to “Lift you up”.

This is what some are calling our de-facto national anthem. But even that tedious dirge of an official anthem has to be better than this.

I don’t hear “all the people of the world” buying your argument so “that’s way it’s going to be, Little Booney….
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:14 am

Such a pity he got the facts wrong in the story.
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11804 times
Been liked: 3581 times

Postby Vamos » Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:28 pm

Probably a Ben Lee fan
Vamos
League - Top 5

Postby amber_fluid » Tue Mar 21, 2023 1:31 pm

Vamos wrote:Probably a Ben Lee fan

Is he still relevant in the music industry(other than in his own little head)?
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:47 pm

Booney wrote:Rate? I f*cking love it. Join us, you'll love it over here.

Nick Ryan

And it’s got to stop.

He's an old Ignatian, say no more :roll:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion