SANFL Junior codes

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: SANFL Junior codes

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:45 pm

whufc wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:I know Edwardstown were under the spotlight recently in regards to a negative incident but I'd like to say that I was out there yesterday to watch an under 16 match and was most impressed their coach's conduct and sportsmanship.

His team was going into the game as complete underdogs but they hit the ground running and lead at quarter time and then got out to a couple of goal break early in the 2nd before Salisbury North slammed the next 13 goals through.

At the end of the game as the Salisbury North coach was addressing his side and about to do the awards the Edwardstown coach was waiting to the side for a chance to personally address the team, he commented on their conduct on the field, the way they played the game and then wished them all the best for the rest of the season's and told them to go on and win the flag, it was excellent to see, well played sir.

He could've been pissed off that his team took their foot off of the accelerator but no, he was more impressed that Sal. North found the extra gears.

Is that the game Huddo Cluse kicked 7? If so we will he back out at Centrals anytime soon.

Yes, he played the best game I've seen him play, the delivery was brilliant but so was his reading of the play, finding space and one grab marking.

He didn't play any 16's @ Centrals this year as he had a fall and hurt himself late last year, he only recovered just prior to the SANFL Junior season, he just had "one of those days".

I was doing the votes and in the 2nd quarter I said to a mate early, that moves him up to 3rd, 5 minutes later I said "Nope, he's up to 2nd now" then he had the BOG wrapped up around midway through the 3rd quarter for mine, he could've kicked 10.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Pag » Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:34 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
whufc wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:I know Edwardstown were under the spotlight recently in regards to a negative incident but I'd like to say that I was out there yesterday to watch an under 16 match and was most impressed their coach's conduct and sportsmanship.

His team was going into the game as complete underdogs but they hit the ground running and lead at quarter time and then got out to a couple of goal break early in the 2nd before Salisbury North slammed the next 13 goals through.

At the end of the game as the Salisbury North coach was addressing his side and about to do the awards the Edwardstown coach was waiting to the side for a chance to personally address the team, he commented on their conduct on the field, the way they played the game and then wished them all the best for the rest of the season's and told them to go on and win the flag, it was excellent to see, well played sir.

He could've been pissed off that his team took their foot off of the accelerator but no, he was more impressed that Sal. North found the extra gears.

Is that the game Huddo Cluse kicked 7? If so we will he back out at Centrals anytime soon.

Yes, he played the best game I've seen him play, the delivery was brilliant but so was his reading of the play, finding space and one grab marking.

He didn't play any 16's @ Centrals this year as he had a fall and hurt himself late last year, he only recovered just prior to the SANFL Junior season, he just had "one of those days".

I was doing the votes and in the 2nd quarter I said to a mate early, that moves him up to 3rd, 5 minutes later I said "Nope, he's up to 2nd now" then he had the BOG wrapped up around midway through the 3rd quarter for mine, he could've kicked 10.

Had a bit to with Huddo, great lad from a ripper family. Glad he's finding the footy again.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 498 times

Postby whufc » Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:58 pm

@Pag.

Couldn't agree more. Absolute ripper family.....and Huddo is extremely passionate about his sport. Would be great to see him one day play senior footy at Centrals.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:36 am

Draw in Division 1 yesterday between Plympton and PHOS. Great game.
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby Dutchy » Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:56 pm

Anyone know a start date for R1 this year?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby The Bedge » Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:15 am

Dutchy wrote:Anyone know a start date for R1 this year?

23rd April
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby S Demon » Wed Mar 22, 2023 1:46 pm

Curious to know how everyone's juniors are travelling for 2023? Hearing a lot of teams struggling, folding, or combining age groups just to stay alive. Going to be an interesting couple of years for player retention, especially in the premiership grades..
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 370 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby gadj1976 » Wed Mar 22, 2023 4:18 pm

S Demon wrote:Curious to know how everyone's juniors are travelling for 2023? Hearing a lot of teams struggling, folding, or combining age groups just to stay alive. Going to be an interesting couple of years for player retention, especially in the premiership grades..

Yep, we are struggling not necessarily with numbers - although there has been a slight movement away from boys/premiership grades, but also workload. It seems excessive. I've been organising a carnival this year and every club footy ops person I speak to says the same. Retention, transfers out, permits are all hard work. I do wonder if the SANFL are noticing a drop off in numbers - perhaps not with clubs burgeoning in the extremities - and if they're willing (capable?) to do anything to stop it.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 795 times
Been liked: 849 times

Postby scottroo » Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:08 pm

The biggest reason why clubs will die is volunteer burnout, our junior coordinator before this season was retired and basically did it full time, now the roles been split into two and the workload is huge.

Senior football is just as bad, APPs reports, salary cap reports, the workload is way too much!
scottroo
League - Best 21

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 172 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby jo172 » Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:08 am

scottroo wrote:
Senior football is just as bad, APPs reports, salary cap reports, the workload is way too much!

Having stepped down from involvement in a committee just over two years ago I can't echo this enough.

Spend an extraordinary amount of time filling out forms just so the SANFL can send them to some paid external consultant to review.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby Bluedemon » Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:01 pm

For those involved, has it been better when the SANFL took over the juniors or was it better when it was the old leagues? Metro South, Metro West, NEMJFL?
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 96 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Brodlach » Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:11 pm

Bluedemon wrote:For those involved, has it been better when the SANFL took over the juniors or was it better when it was the old leagues? Metro South, Metro West, NEMJFL?

I went through both and I much preferred the SANFL
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times

Postby gadj1976 » Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:21 pm

Bluedemon wrote:For those involved, has it been better when the SANFL took over the juniors or was it better when it was the old leagues? Metro South, Metro West, NEMJFL?

NEMJFL or whatever it was, was much better. By streets.
gadj1976
Coach

Postby Mr Beefy » Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:20 pm

Brodlach wrote:

Yeah, my lad was in MWJFL and then SANFL and I too much preferred the SANFL. It was a bad watch in the MWJFL, one week they'd lose by 20 goals, then the next week they would win by 20 goals. Much more even in SANFL
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 404 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby gadj1976 » Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:55 am

Mr Beefy wrote:
Brodlach wrote:

Yeah, my lad was in MWJFL and then SANFL and I too much preferred the SANFL. It was a bad watch in the MWJFL, one week they'd lose by 20 goals, then the next week they would win by 20 goals. Much more even in SANFL

You are talking about playing conditions. I was referring to the administrative side.

Obviously the playing conditions are better when it's opened up to the rest of the metro area, but the admin is much worse.
gadj1976
Coach

Postby MoP » Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:40 pm

Anyone on here with links to the juniors of Tea Tree Gully, Edwardstown, Glenunga or Lockleys?
Interested in an explanation on the re-grading of the U17.5 Girls competition. TTG were undefeated in 4 games in the Div 3 comp, yet got relegated to Div 4. Edwardstown were 2nd in Div 3, but got promoted to Div 2. Lockleys were bottom of Div 4 but got promoted to Div 3. Glenunga had the same record as Edwardstown in Div 3 but were unchanged.
MoP

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 10 times

Postby MW » Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:06 pm

MoP wrote:Anyone on here with links to the juniors of Tea Tree Gully, Edwardstown, Glenunga or Lockleys?
Interested in an explanation on the re-grading of the U17.5 Girls competition. TTG were undefeated in 4 games in the Div 3 comp, yet got relegated to Div 4. Edwardstown were 2nd in Div 3, but got promoted to Div 2. Lockleys were bottom of Div 4 but got promoted to Div 3. Glenunga had the same record as Edwardstown in Div 3 but were unchanged.

Don't get me started on re-grading...contrived bullshit
Kids openly saying on the field they are deliberately losing early games to stay down. Coaches resting star players.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby Brodlach » Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:11 pm

That’s happened for years in juniors MW in boys, one club notorious for doing it.
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times

Postby MW » Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:15 pm

Brodlach wrote:That’s happened for years in juniors MW in boys, one club notorious for doing it.

happened to my daughter last year...went from winning each week by about 6-7 goals in div 2, moved to central div, and getting thrashed every week by 20 goals
this year, same thing.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby The Bedge » Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:22 pm

We got this in U12's this season - last year Eliz beat us by 10 goals in U11.. this year they got graded to the bottom U12 div.

This year:
Rd 1 - 90 to 0
Rd 2 - 99 to 0
Rd 3 - 94 to 1
Rd 4 - 123 to 0

Re-graded from D5 to D4

Rd 5 - 83 to 3
Rd 6 - 90 to 0

How they started in the bottom grade to begin with is beyond me.. but they're taking the piss.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League