ATCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: ATCA

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:19 am

Armchair expert wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
Armchair expert wrote:
BoundaryRider84 wrote:Golden Duck for Obstructing the field in the A3 grand final. Inge Farm now 3/27

******* disgraceful decision, the **** bowler should have been reported.

Did the batter have to swing at it? No, he did not. Was there any chance of a runout? No.

Not sure we saw the same. Batter hits it straight back to bowler. Bowler fields the ball and throws it at the stumps. Batter hits the ball away while out of his crease. Given out for obstructing the field. Correct decision.

Looked to me like he was in his crease, just. Hard to tell on the footage
47:45 for anyone playing at home
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gUNtbGz_oA

If you watch it you will notice that John Frick consults Michael Tripodi at square leg who confirms the batter was out of his crease when he hit the ball. So, correct decision was made. I was speaking to John after the innings and he confirmed he wouldn't have given him out if he was in his crease.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby Armchair expert » Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:47 am

Senor Moto Gadili wrote: I was speaking to John after the innings and he confirmed he wouldn't have given him out if he was in his crease.

Ah fair enough, I embarass myself once again :oops:
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 384 times
Been liked: 1436 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby heater31 » Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:50 pm

Hopefully this is just a genuine mistake from the A1 GF at Goodwood Oval.

A limited edition Cricket Bat has been taken from the nets that belonged to the son of a club legend. His mother noticed 2 Para Hills supporters with the same bat and thought they had one similar to her son.

If you know the whereabouts of said stick of timber please let me know and I can put you in touch with the right people.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:42 am

heater31 wrote:Hopefully this is just a genuine mistake from the A1 GF at Goodwood Oval.

A limited edition Cricket Bat has been taken from the nets that belonged to the son of a club legend. His mother noticed 2 Para Hills supporters with the same bat and thought they had one similar to her son.

If you know the whereabouts of said stick of timber please let me know and I can put you in touch with the right people.

You might be better off raising this directly with someone at Para Hills. Maybe give Travis Wordsworth a call. Hopefully they can track it down.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby heater31 » Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:13 am

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
heater31 wrote:Hopefully this is just a genuine mistake from the A1 GF at Goodwood Oval.

You might be better off raising this directly with someone at Para Hills. Maybe give Travis Wordsworth a call. Hopefully they can track it down.
Appears that Para Hills social media admin are all over this.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby Under_Scrutiny » Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:58 am

Someone on Adelaide Radio yesterday suggested Goodwood didn't have covers on overnight during the Grand Final weekend. That can't be right?
Under_Scrutiny
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 22 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby Harry49 » Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:41 am

Under_Scrutiny wrote:Someone on Adelaide Radio yesterday suggested Goodwood didn't have covers on overnight during the Grand Final weekend. That can't be right?

Covers were used overnight, albeit not full square covers like ATCA stipulated as a requirement. A 10m x 30m cover was used.
The game ended up being abandoned due to the entire oval being damp and the rain not subsiding. I think TripleM were just playing funny buggers
Harry49
Rookie

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: Para Hills

Postby Whydontya » Tue Mar 28, 2023 2:34 pm

Seen a comment on the HV FB page about athelstone in the B2 GF that caught my attention, Not only did they embarrass themselves by forcing a pointless second innings on HV, but they carried on lile complete tools in the process. Video of Day 2 at the 2 hour 51 mark. What a complete an utter piece of trash that bowler is. Should be a suspension in my view.

Athelstone going higher up the grades are only going to get found out more with this behaviour. Terrible blokes.
Whydontya
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Naracoorte

Postby Catter4lyfe » Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:03 pm

Whydontya wrote:Seen a comment on the HV FB page about athelstone in the B2 GF that caught my attention, Not only did they embarrass themselves by forcing a pointless second innings on HV, but they carried on lile complete tools in the process. Video of Day 2 at the 2 hour 51 mark. What a complete an utter piece of trash that bowler is. Should be a suspension in my view.

Athelstone going higher up the grades are only going to get found out more with this behaviour. Terrible blokes.

Agree if that's not given games I'm not sure what act on a cricket field can get you suspended. Shocked it didn't escalate after that event to be honest.
Catter4lyfe
Mini-League

Been liked: 6 times
Grassroots Team: Walkerville

Postby Harry49 » Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:04 pm

Whydontya wrote:Seen a comment on the HV FB page about athelstone in the B2 GF that caught my attention, Not only did they embarrass themselves by forcing a pointless second innings on HV, but they carried on lile complete tools in the process. Video of Day 2 at the 2 hour 51 mark. What a complete an utter piece of trash that bowler is. Should be a suspension in my view.

Wow, that is very poor. Based on previous incidents that wouldn't have been as severe as this one, I would assume he would get at least 2 games for this
Harry49
Rookie

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 21 times

Postby the smokey » Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:07 pm

Catter4lyfe wrote:

Agree if that's not given games I'm not sure what act on a cricket field can get you suspended. Shocked it didn't escalate after that event to be honest.

They are very lucky it was Giles and Collyer at the crease. Two blokes who have been around different levels of cricket for a long time and understood that they are just a bunch of blokes who think they are better than they are and run there own side!
If he did this to some others in the comp he might have had a bat wrapped around his head!
the smokey
Rookie

Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 27 times

Postby Whydontya » Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:24 pm

the smokey wrote:
Catter4lyfe wrote:

They are very lucky it was Giles and Collyer at the crease. Two blokes who have been around different levels of cricket for a long time and understood that they are just a bunch of blokes who think they are better than they are and run there own side!
If he did this to some others in the comp he might have had a bat wrapped around his head!

Now going back through to the comment about the guy in A3 being given out for obstructing the field, agree that he was given out following the rules, but what defence has a batsman got in this situation?
Agree that the athelstone bowler got to walk away unhurt. Might not have been so lucky on a different occasion.
Whydontya
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Naracoorte

Postby OKC! » Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:30 pm

Whydontya wrote:
the smokey wrote:
Catter4lyfe wrote:

Now going back through to the comment about the guy in A3 being given out for obstructing the field, agree that he was given out following the rules, but what defence has a batsman got in this situation?
Agree that the athelstone bowler got to walk away unhurt. Might not have been so lucky on a different occasion.

he wasnt out of his crease, nor did he make any attempt to bat the ball away. Idiot just threw it at him.
The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.
OKC!
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 42 times
Grassroots Team: Pooraka

Postby no_remorse28 » Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:27 pm

That "idiot" you refer t was a team mate of yours wasn't he. Is that why you left
no_remorse28
Reserves

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 71 times

Postby OKC! » Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:31 pm

no_remorse28 wrote:That "idiot" you refer t was a team mate of yours wasn't he. Is that why you left

The idiot i refer to is from Athelstone, Higgins did nothing wrong and I have no problem with him, quite like him actually. Guy was out his crease and sleeping, Higgins took full advantage.
The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.
OKC!
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 42 times
Grassroots Team: Pooraka

Postby no_remorse28 » Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:18 pm

sorry I mixed them up, I'd of thought of all people you would of enjoyed playing with it would be Higgo, gets fiery which I always enjoyed about him. Hope he handled the cruisers better this year in celebrations at Golden Grove.
no_remorse28
Reserves

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 71 times

Postby The Hound » Wed Apr 12, 2023 1:45 pm

Hearing Grange if all goes to plan, will have significant addition(s) to their bowling line up next season with the potential of 1, maybe 2 former test cricketers lining up for them
The Hound
Reserves

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 35 times

Postby tigerpie » Wed Apr 12, 2023 1:56 pm

The Hound wrote:Hearing Grange if all goes to plan, will have significant addition(s) to their bowling line up next season with the potential of 1, maybe 2 former test cricketers lining up for them

You mean the dollarfins ;) Give us a hint.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 501 times
Been liked: 431 times

Postby Sonofbrowny25 » Wed Apr 12, 2023 2:31 pm

tigerpie wrote:
The Hound wrote:Hearing Grange if all goes to plan, will have significant addition(s) to their bowling line up next season with the potential of 1, maybe 2 former test cricketers lining up for them

You mean the dollarfins ;) Give us a hint.

one swings the ball around corners i would say. the other would be an interesting call. spinner maybe?
Sonofbrowny25
Under 18s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 25 times

Postby Trader » Wed Apr 12, 2023 2:32 pm

Chadd Sayers and Dan Cullen
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps