PDCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: PDCA

Postby no_remorse28 » Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:37 am

Bad luck to you, Bedge and the rest of Enfield OKC who are surely due to break the drought sooner rather than later.
no_remorse28
Reserves

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 71 times
Grassroots Team: Para Hills

Postby OKC! » Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:38 pm

no_remorse28 wrote:Bad luck to you, Bedge and the rest of Enfield OKC who are surely due to break the drought sooner rather than later.

Thanks mate. Devo for the Enfield faithful, really wanted to help them break the drought. I'll cop the blame, should have went on with it.
The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.
OKC!
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 42 times
Grassroots Team: Pooraka

Postby no_remorse28 » Tue Mar 28, 2023 2:05 pm

OKC! wrote:
no_remorse28 wrote:Bad luck to you, Bedge and the rest of Enfield OKC who are surely due to break the drought sooner rather than later.

Thanks mate. Devo for the Enfield faithful, really wanted to help them break the drought. I'll cop the blame, should have went on with it.

Should of took more wickets to
no_remorse28
Reserves

Postby OKC! » Tue Mar 28, 2023 2:47 pm

no_remorse28 wrote:
OKC! wrote:

Should of took more wickets to

I'm old
OKC!
League Bench Warmer

Postby The Bedge » Fri Mar 31, 2023 1:18 pm

OKC! wrote:Finally an umpire had the balls to actually say he heard the racist shit coming from the crowd and I cannot wait to see them hand out penalties like they did to our club people for calling it how we see it.

:lol: :lol:

lol.PNG
lol.PNG (20.44 KiB) Viewed 1840 times
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3999 times

Postby OKC! » Fri Mar 31, 2023 1:23 pm

The Bedge wrote:
OKC! wrote:Finally an umpire had the balls to actually say he heard the racist shit coming from the crowd and I cannot wait to see them hand out penalties like they did to our club people for calling it how we see it.

lol.PNG

3 Unanswered messages to the Umpire who was going to report the crowd. 2 emails to the association to see what has been done about it.

Nothing back, and your telling me that PDCA and Eyre Royals aren't 1 and the same.

Racist pieces of shit
OKC!
League Bench Warmer

Postby whufc » Fri Mar 31, 2023 1:25 pm

What a joke......if they cant take racism seriously then they don't deserve to run a comp.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5588 times
Been liked: 2529 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby no_remorse28 » Fri Mar 31, 2023 1:39 pm

Was talking to someone who was at the game, they were having a laugh about this.

Is it true that an Eyre Royals play got given out, abused the umpire all the way off the ground swearing at him and telling him in colorful words how wrong he was.. and then the umpire presented him man of the match and joked about it not even being the biggest spray he'd copped from the player? :lol:
no_remorse28
Reserves

Postby OKC! » Fri Mar 31, 2023 1:58 pm

no_remorse28 wrote:Was talking to someone who was at the game, they were having a laugh about this.

Is it true that an Eyre Royals play got given out, abused the umpire all the way off the ground swearing at him and telling him in colorful words how wrong he was.. and then the umpire presented him man of the match and joked about it not even being the biggest spray he'd copped from the player? :lol:

Having a good laugh about what? The fact they got away with it again?

Jenner did deserve the medal. Match winning innings, but yes that did happen.
OKC!
League Bench Warmer

Postby BenchedEagle » Fri Mar 31, 2023 3:27 pm

Gonna do a Bedge 10 beer deep Friday arvo special here!

I would certainly be interested in following these serious complaints up but I handed in my resignation from the PDCA exec recently.
Tried my hardest to bring change from a fresh set of eyes to a competition in dire straights, but when you see 1st hand a mindset of old grudges, poor attitudes to new clubs, shit attitudes from old clubs and and unresolvable conflicts of interest from a committee made up of people who are or have family actively involved in individual clubs (including myself) I could feel my contribution was destined to fail.
Internal communication is extremely poor (not just within exec, but between exec and delegates, then delegates to their players) and as much as I personally like and respect the current Presidents personal contribution to cricket, good communication needs to be lead from the top and it clearly hasn’t been which gives the competition the appearance of chaos.
There are some great people who have nothing but the best intentions for the league on the exec but I am sure they are as frustrated as I have been with the lack of direction.
I genuinely fear for the future of the competition and encourage anyone out there who feels they can jump on with a fresh perspective and can maintain a neutral stance on all matters to please seriously consider joining and help keep the competition alive.
I just did not have to passion to work past the problems plaguing the league as well as my own personal and work commitments that also prevented me being as proactive as I could’ve been.

Wishing the competition and all the players all the best in 23/24.
BenchedEagle
League - Top 5

Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 50 times

Postby OKC! » Fri Mar 31, 2023 3:37 pm

BenchedEagle wrote:Gonna do a Bedge 10 beer deep Friday arvo special here!

I would certainly be interested in following these serious complaints up but I handed in my resignation from the PDCA exec recently.
Tried my hardest to bring change from a fresh set of eyes to a competition in dire straights, but when you see 1st hand a mindset of old grudges, poor attitudes to new clubs, shit attitudes from old clubs and and unresolvable conflicts of interest from a committee made up of people who are or have family actively involved in individual clubs (including myself) I could feel my contribution was destined to fail.
Internal communication is extremely poor (not just within exec, but between exec and delegates, then delegates to their players) and as much as I personally like and respect the current Presidents personal contribution to cricket, good communication needs to be lead from the top and it clearly hasn’t been which gives the competition the appearance of chaos.
There are some great people who have nothing but the best intentions for the league on the exec but I am sure they are as frustrated as I have been with the lack of direction.
I genuinely fear for the future of the competition and encourage anyone out there who feels they can jump on with a fresh perspective and can maintain a neutral stance on all matters to please seriously consider joining and help keep the competition alive.
I just did not have to passion to work past the problems plaguing the league as well as my own personal and work commitments that also prevented me being as proactive as I could’ve been.

Good on you for speaking up about it.

The committee and PDCA has the opportunity right now to stand up and say that they do not stand for racism in our game. There is a large variety of cultures playing the game right now, and if PDCA do nothing about this, as they have done for the last 6 weeks of this competition, then we know that PDCA does not care about the racism in this sport. If they do something about it, we will know that they do care, even if that does mean penalising Eyre Royals.

I like the players there, some of them I have known for 20 years, I have no problem with those guys on and off the field, it is a small amount of people who are choosing to racially vilify their opponents and are being backed by their club to do it.

PDCA where are you?
OKC!
League Bench Warmer

Postby auto » Fri Mar 31, 2023 6:23 pm

You handle 10 beers pretty good.

Sent from my SM-J530Y using Tapatalk
auto
League - Top 5

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 29 times
Grassroots Team: Fitzroy

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Mar 31, 2023 8:01 pm

OKC! wrote:
no_remorse28 wrote:Was talking to someone who was at the game, they were having a laugh about this.

Having a good laugh about what? The fact they got away with it again?

Jenner did deserve the medal. Match winning innings, but yes that did happen.

I thought Cam should’ve won the norm smith
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby The Bedge » Sun Apr 02, 2023 7:46 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:I thought Cam should’ve won the norm smith

I agree
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3999 times

Postby whufc » Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:57 am

Thanks for your contribution to a comp I’ve loved and played in for 25 years of my life. Albeit being frustrated by.

Lots of little/minor things add up, I mean not having the div1 gf live scoring is laughable. I know it’s only the most minor of things but does show the executives and some clubs lack of progression which is reflective of the comp as a whole.
whufc
Coach

Postby The Old Fellow » Mon Apr 03, 2023 3:25 am

OKC! wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

lol.PNG

3 Unanswered messages to the Umpire who was going to report the crowd. 2 emails to the association to see what has been done about it.

Nothing back, and your telling me that PDCA and Eyre Royals aren't 1 and the same.

Racist pieces of shit

Knowing about some of the umpires if it was Terry who said he heard what the crowd said he wouldn't do anything about it. He might loose a friend over it. He would rather have a beer with them. Most of the umpires wouldn't have the balls to report. I thought there was supposed to be an Exec member at the higher grade finals. There was at the couple of games I attended.
The Old Fellow
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: Barmera-Monash

Postby OKC! » Mon Apr 03, 2023 9:46 am

Weekend gone by, heard nothing again.

How embarrassing does this association have to get?
OKC!
League Bench Warmer

Postby moriachi » Mon Apr 03, 2023 1:18 pm

OKC! wrote:Weekend gone by, heard nothing again.

If a report has gone in, surely you need to hear something either way.

Sent from my SM-S916B using Tapatalk
moriachi

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 12 times

Postby OKC! » Mon Apr 03, 2023 1:24 pm

moriachi wrote:
OKC! wrote:Weekend gone by, heard nothing again.

If a report has gone in, surely you need to hear something either way.

Sent from my SM-S916B using Tapatalk

I don't think the report has gone in.

the umpire removing himself from a group he created and then blocking me on social media makes me think otherwise.

Associations 3 emails now and not a word back. Normally they would be penalising people for this kind of stuff on here, but not even reaching out to do that. They know they are wrong. They know that they will have to punish Eyre Royals. Its got to a stage now where all the eyes are on them to see ifthey just ignore this until it goes away, and looks like they are doing that.
OKC!
League Bench Warmer

Postby whufc » Mon Apr 03, 2023 1:31 pm

Yep they will just back in that you will all go off and play footy in the next week or two and forget it about.

When next season comes around and it gets raised it will 'all be too late'

Very very very disappointing situation.
whufc
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps