2023 Adelaide Footy League - Division 7

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: 2023 Adelaide Footy League - Division 7

Postby Sticks28 » Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:23 am

morell wrote:
smdo33 wrote:Heard the reasons on the grapevine and they sound like bullshit excuses to me. Not like it wouldn't have been known what the challenges would have been when signing on

Poor form from someone who had committed to helping solve the exact problems he claims were the reason for resigning, 3 weeks before the start of the season leaving an already struggling club in the shit.

Smells like something better came up..

On the money smdo33! Old mate Cabbage is now coaching Payneham Reserves.

Why do people make shit up? Just poor form all around really. Must be something about coaching the lower levels these days, so many of them are habitual liars.

Ah well, we're in a much better place should be thanking him when I think about it.

That is absolutely disgraceful - that's weak as piss
Sticks28
Under 16s

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 19 times

Postby #bleedredandblue » Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:43 am

Sticks28 wrote:
morell wrote:
smdo33 wrote:Heard the reasons on the grapevine and they sound like bullshit excuses to me. Not like it wouldn't have been known what the challenges would have been when signing on

Poor form from someone who had committed to helping solve the exact problems he claims were the reason for resigning, 3 weeks before the start of the season leaving an already struggling club in the shit.

Why do people make shit up? Just poor form all around really. Must be something about coaching the lower levels these days, so many of them are habitual liars.

Ah well, we're in a much better place should be thanking him when I think about it.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, he’s nothing but a coward.. Most spineless “man” I’ve come across in football, and I’m telling you now that it won’t take long before he’s given the flick from Payneham.. there’s a reason he doesn’t last longer than a year at almost every footy club he’s been at! Mitchell park be far better off now he’s gone
#bleedredandblue
Under 16s

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 52 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby morell » Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:51 pm

#bleedredandblue wrote:
Sticks28 wrote:
morell wrote:

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, he’s nothing but a coward.. Most spineless “man” I’ve come across in football, and I’m telling you now that it won’t take long before he’s given the flick from Payneham.. there’s a reason he doesn’t last longer than a year at almost every footy club he’s been at! Mitchell park be far better off now he’s gone
Go on then, one more time for posterity :lol:
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Yank Man » Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:05 pm

Can I just say one of the people I highly respect in footy is bleedredandblue, he rarely condemns, takes a few gentle potshots for sure but that’s what this forum is about.

Next, PNU reserves is a minefield, agree bleedredandblue, the first time Macca barks at him he will run out the door with his tail tucked between his legs.

Finally, the puzzle and conversations are completely overshadowed by the amazing, now, wonderful opportunity for Scott Weekley to take the reins at the den. A great club man, a loyal supporter, life member and many wouldn’t know, my assistant Coach in the Lions 2012 premiership. Never has someone earn’t a gig more than Scooter.
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 317 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby MarionPremers2018 » Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:19 am

Trial Matches
West Croydon (D5) V Ingle Farm (D7)
I'd expect The Hawks to make light work of the Farm.

Brahma Lodge (D6) V Houghton (D7)
Interested to see how Brahma lodge go this year having
So many players leave in the off season.

Mawson Lakes (D7) V Smithfield (D6)
Congratulations to Smithfield great to see them back
Again let's hope it all works out.
MarionPremers2018

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby B-Train35 » Sat Apr 01, 2023 5:54 pm

Mawson Lakes 10 goals up over Smithfield,game called off due to ruckman
breaking his leg start of 5th qtr.
B-Train35
Mini-League

Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Payneham NU

Postby The Bedge » Sat Apr 01, 2023 7:50 pm

B-Train35 wrote:Mawson Lakes 10 goals up over Smithfield,game called off due to ruckman

I heard was 5 goals to 3
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3999 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Sat Apr 01, 2023 10:48 pm

The Bedge wrote:
B-Train35 wrote:Mawson Lakes 10 goals up over Smithfield,game called off due to ruckman

I heard was 5 goals to 3

That was probably what was scored in the 4th 6th.

My understanding was Mawson B’s won but Smithfield did alright and the A’s was pretty close up until the incident. That was only based on some dialogue on a Facebook post
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby The Bedge » Sun Apr 02, 2023 7:49 am

Oh right, I thought they played two games. I heard the same - Mawson Magoos won, then was good game in A grade until the injury to the ruck.

Also heard both Varcoe brothers played and did well.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby whufc » Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:46 am

The Bedge wrote:Oh right, I thought they played two games. I heard the same - Mawson Magoos won, then was good game in A grade until the injury to the ruck.

If Trav is playing for Smithfield that’s huge!! Not just on field but what an inspiration off field for the juniors to look up to.

Well done Smithfield!
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5588 times
Been liked: 2529 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby MarionPremers2018 » Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:50 am

Any scores from other Trials?
MarionPremers2018

Postby The Bedge » Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:18 am

MarionPremers2018 wrote:Any scores from other Trials?

Para Hills destroyed St Paul’s
Houghton ran rings around Brahma
Ingle Farm got smacked by West Croydon.

Also heard OSB have picked up a couple more from Noarlunga, and look formidable.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby MarionPremers2018 » Sun Apr 02, 2023 11:18 am

I've heard
Para hills done a number on St Pauls

West Corydon beat ingle farm by a few points

Houghton beat Brahma lodge by 13 goals

By the looks of things Ingle farm, para hills, Houghton have all proved they will be hard to beat in div7 going by the trial match results theses last 2 weeks
MarionPremers2018

Postby Lightning McQueen » Sun Apr 02, 2023 6:49 pm

The Bedge wrote:Oh right, I thought they played two games. I heard the same - Mawson Magoos won, then was good game in A grade until the injury to the ruck.

Trav didn’t play
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby sweendog » Tue Apr 04, 2023 7:27 pm

morell wrote:Why do people make shit up? Just poor form all around really. Must be something about coaching the lower levels these days, so many of them are habitual liars.

Ain’t that the truth!!! It’s like dealing with The sleaziest used car salesmen known to mankind!!
oh when the saints go marching in
sweendog
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 12 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Yank Man » Tue Apr 04, 2023 7:57 pm

sweendog wrote:
morell wrote:Why do people make shit up? Just poor form all around really. Must be something about coaching the lower levels these days, so many of them are habitual liars.

Ain’t that the truth!!! It’s like dealing with The sleaziest used car salesmen known to mankind!!

Nowadays maybe but it wasn’t always like that. There has been some very good coaches in Div 7 over the last 10 years or so who have gone on to develop at much higher levels. Flinders Uni would take exception to those comments because their coach comes from an extraordinary background.
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 317 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby morell » Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:30 pm

It's changed Yank Man.

We've had

1. A coach lie about their commitment to coach the next year and use the excuse of a pregnant partner to not attend a presentation night where he knew he would be asked for his plans. He had interviewed for other roles during this time despite committing to us
2. A coach commit to applying and submitting for a role through a process only to then ghost us with no explanation or communication
3. A coach lie as an excuse to continue his contracted role and then take another role weeks later
4. A coach commit to the next season, then change his mind and resign with no explanation

And that's just recently! This is amongst all the little things here and there from coaches that I've seen that is unethical and poor.

We're not perfect and some of our processes haven't been well administered, but I'm personally sick to death of these mediocre middle aged men who profess to be leaders but have the integrity of a worm.

This is partly why we've gone to someone we trust and know in Scooter (as well as his excellent coaching ability). Coaching stocks at the lower community levels is just not there.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby The Bedge » Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:46 pm

I’m siding with Morell on this - I agree.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby jo172 » Wed Apr 05, 2023 10:52 am

This is probably worthy of a thread in itself, but my base observation is that coaching a community football club in 2023 is, in many respects, a big prick of a job that for the time committed isn't well remunerated, but relative to the qualifications you might have to be given the job, quite well remunerated.

By it's nature it's going to attract the used car salesmen types at times on that basis.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby Dutchy » Wed Apr 05, 2023 10:55 am

jo172 wrote:This is probably worthy of a thread in itself, but my base observation is that coaching a community football club in 2023 is, in many respects, a big prick of a job that for the time committed isn't well remunerated, but relative to the qualifications you might have to be given the job, quite well remunerated.

By it's nature it's going to attract the used car salesmen types at times on that basis.

If they are doing the job with the primary focus on being remunerated then there is your problem.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2322 times
Been liked: 3496 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League