What The F***

Anything!

Re: What The F***

Postby Mr Beefy » Wed Apr 05, 2023 12:51 pm

amber_fluid wrote:Will be interesting to see if the new owners keep the same model with their Head Office or they slash jobs from there.

I think the new owners also bought coles express and is going to rebrand them Australia wide to OTR
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby whufc » Wed Apr 05, 2023 12:52 pm

Booney wrote:Where are the school kids working behind the coffee machines? Barely ever seen a school kid working in an OTR. I call bullshit.

If you're buying fuel between 7am and 11am there's two people working. Sooks. :lol:

The most convenient of enterprises in the SA market and you're all complaining how it's inconvenient. Talk about peak 2023. :lol:

Ill side with Jimmy here....

I mainly go at 5am so its not a problem, occasional minute wait whilst i wait for the one employee to finish of a coffee.

In saying that when i have gone in between 3:30pm-5pm. I've waited over 5 minutes to pay for just petrol whilst the one staff member makes a coffee, the other staff member makes a hot dog and the line grows. I dont get angry though, just take the 5 minutes to look at SAFooty on my phone or scroll the socials haha.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2531 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Apr 05, 2023 12:54 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:Will be interesting to see if the new owners keep the same model with their Head Office or they slash jobs from there.

I think the new owners also bought coles express and is going to rebrand them Australia wide to OTR

Yeah I just read that too.
That’s a big tick for OTR to show how good it is.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2227 times
Been liked: 2523 times

Postby Booney » Wed Apr 05, 2023 12:57 pm

OTR branded stores are already getting built in WA and Qld, I think NSW is the only region not too have any. Yet.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10780 times

Postby Booney » Wed Apr 05, 2023 12:59 pm

whufc wrote:
Booney wrote:Where are the school kids working behind the coffee machines? Barely ever seen a school kid working in an OTR. I call bullshit.

If you're buying fuel between 7am and 11am there's two people working. Sooks. :lol:

The most convenient of enterprises in the SA market and you're all complaining how it's inconvenient. Talk about peak 2023. :lol:

I mainly go at 5am so its not a problem, occasional minute wait whilst i wait for the one employee to finish of a coffee.

In saying that when i have gone in between 3:30pm-5pm. I've waited over 5 minutes to pay for just petrol whilst the one staff member makes a coffee, the other staff member makes a hot dog and the line grows. I dont get angry though, just take the 5 minutes to look at SAFooty on my phone or scroll the socials haha.

Coffee, fuel, sounds like a convenient one stop shop.

I guess we can't have everything our own way. :((
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Mr Beefy » Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:09 pm

Booney wrote:
whufc wrote:

Need to sell beer!
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Booney » Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:13 pm

Then someone would sulk about having to wait for a 6 pack while someone pays for fuel. :D
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:15 pm

Booney wrote:
whufc wrote:

We could always go back 20 years where you had to go to 5 different places to get 5 things or we can go to a one stop shop and get everything we need in 5 minutes.
I love OTR’s.
You can get birthday cards last minute, chocolates for gifts, even gift cards for birthdays/Xmas when you forget like I always do.
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:16 pm

If only they sold chops. 8)
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:17 pm

Booney wrote:If only they sold chops. 8)

I tried, trust me!
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:29 pm

Booney wrote:OTR branded stores are already getting built in WA and Qld, I think NSW is the only region not too have any. Yet.

Stores in NSW, there are some stores across Australia that aren’t branded as OTR however are owned by Peregrine. Also numerous major sites along some of Australia’s busiest highways interstate that are leased out by Peregrine. Their spread is much bigger than the general public would know. Having a close professional affiliation over a 4-5 year period I have a completely different view than many in SA. Good people and are very good at what they do. My guess is that there would be at least 2 major businesses/organisations that would be seriously shitting bricks over this news given the financial backing this generates….
Last edited by LaughingKookaburra on Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 741 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Booney » Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:35 pm

LaughingKookaburra wrote:
Booney wrote:OTR branded stores are already getting built in WA and Qld, I think NSW is the only region not too have any. Yet.

Stores in NSW, there are some stores across Australia that aren’t branded as OTR however are owned by Peregrine. Also numerous major sites along some of Australia’s busiest highways interstate that are leased out by Peregrine. Their spread is much bigger than the general public would know.

In WA Yanchep, Maddinton, Pier St, Forrestfield are all standard OTR stores.

They're a good earner. ;)
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:43 pm

Stores in NSW, there are some stores across Australia that aren’t branded as OTR however are owned by Peregrine. Also numerous major sites along some of Australia’s busiest highways interstate that are leased out by Peregrine. Their spread is much bigger than the general public would know. Having a close professional affiliation over a 4-5 year period I have a completely different view than many in SA. Good people and are very good at what they do. My guess is that there would be at least 2 major businesses/organisations that would be seriously shitting bricks over this news given the financial backing this generates….

2 major businesses
You talking smaller retail groups or coles/Woolies that this may affect?
Last edited by amber_fluid on Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:44 pm

whufc wrote:

8-[ Leave me outa it

I go there for coffee but not petrol because they have been trying to monopolise petrol retailing
I've caught them many times changing their price during the day. Photographed it and reported them.

**** them - Anti competitive and price gougers
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 720 times
Been liked: 1072 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:46 pm

amber_fluid wrote:

2 major businesses
You talking smaller retail groups or coles/Woolies that this may affect?

1 major business and probably the Victorian Government…
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 741 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby am Bays » Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:53 pm

An OTR is being built on the former main drag into Darwin in Stuart Park.

I understand they, OTR, have taken over the PUMA brand service stations up here too.
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 164 times
Been liked: 1812 times

Postby Pseudo » Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:10 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:I go there for coffee but not petrol

... thereby adding a 5 minute wait to anyone going there for petrol, not coffee. :twisted:
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1559 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Booney » Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:11 pm

Pseudo wrote:

... thereby adding a 5 minute wait to anyone going there for petrol, not coffee. :twisted:

:lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:19 pm

Pseudo wrote:

I get milk there some days but not petrol.
Hope I don’t hold anyone up for those 2 mins ;)
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby Pseudo » Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:24 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
Pseudo wrote:

I get milk there some days but not petrol.
Hope I don’t hold anyone up for those 2 mins ;)

How long does it take the kid (sic) working the counter to go and milk the cow?
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1559 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion