What The F***

Anything!

Re: What The F***

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:26 pm

Pseudo wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
Pseudo wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:I go there for coffee but not petrol

... thereby adding a 5 minute wait to anyone going there for petrol, not coffee. :twisted:

I get milk there some days but not petrol.
Hope I don’t hold anyone up for those 2 mins ;)

How long does it take the kid (sic) working the counter to go and milk the cow?

Not long.
Should I be concerned it’s not cows milk?
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Booney » Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:29 pm

Not to mention the power of work they do keeping the stoner community fueled with munchies after 11pm.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby whufc » Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:29 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
Pseudo wrote:

... thereby adding a 5 minute wait to anyone going there for petrol, not coffee. :twisted:

-
Last edited by whufc on Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby whufc » Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:29 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
Pseudo wrote:

Cost of living must not be hitting you if you can afford groceries from there. ;) :lol:
whufc
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:33 pm

I’m a petrol slut, I’ll go wherever the cheapest is. Brand doesn’t matter as I drive past so many on the way to and from work
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:45 pm

not sure why people choose to get coffee only from a petrol station, but yes, they hold everybody up who is there for the primary focus of the business, fuel.
and then there are those that are there for coffee who park next to a bowser that they had no intention of ever using instead of finding an allocated park :twisted:
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby Booney » Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:49 pm

You're assuming their primary business is fuel, why?

Coffee, smokes, drinks, food ( fresh and packaged ), groceries etc fuel is just one of the services they offer.

Be interesting to know fuel v everything else turn over.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:51 pm

OTR’s primary function isn’t petrol anymore.
The one on Marion Road near me doesn’t even sell petrol.
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby whufc » Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:52 pm

Brodlach wrote:I’m a petrol slut, I’ll go wherever the cheapest is. Brand doesn’t matter as I drive past so many on the way to and from work

Are you one of those that drive that far out of your way to get the cheaper petrol that you spent more on petrol getting there than what you actually save.

My old man is one of those but nup you have to get the cheaper petrol.
Last edited by whufc on Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
whufc
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:53 pm

whufc wrote:
Brodlach wrote:I’m a petrol slut, I’ll go wherever the cheapest is. Brand doesn’t matter as I drive past so many on the way to and from work

Are you one of those that drive that far out of your way to get petrol that you spent more on petrol getting there than what you actually save.

My old man is one of those.

Spend $3 to save $1.50
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby whufc » Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:56 pm

Booney wrote:You're assuming their primary business is fuel, why?

Coffee, smokes, drinks, food ( fresh and packaged ), groceries etc fuel is just one of the services they offer.

I use them but my biggest gripe would be at least when woolies/coles reduced staff they gave us the option to self-serve meaning there was still quick service.

At a guess i would say the OTR serve times during peak hour are the slowest of their kind. 2 staff at most from what i see and would easily turn over 120+ people an hour.

People use them though, in their millions so it shows people are willing to wait longer times for the convenience of their petrol location or one stop nature.
whufc
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:58 pm

whufc wrote:

I use them but my biggest gripe would be at least when woolies/coles reduced staff they gave us the option to self-serve meaning there was still quick service.

At a guess i would say the OTR serve times during peak hour are the slowest of their kind. 2 staff at most from what i see and would easily turn over 120+ people an hour.

People use them though, in their millions so it shows people are willing to wait longer times for the convenience of their petrol location or one stop nature.

If you can grab your fuel, a coffee, some bread and milk and a sandwich for the kids for lunch in one spot you simply cannot complain it took you 4 minutes to pay for it when you'd have stopped at at least 3 others spots in the past for the same goods. Defies logic.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:58 pm

whufc wrote:

Are you one of those that drive that far out of your way to get the cheaper petrol that you spent more on petrol getting there than what you actually save.

My old man is one of those but nup you have to get the cheaper petrol.

No way, I would drive past 20 different stations a day going to and from work, when I need fuel I look on Petrol Spy and then go to the cheapest station
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby whufc » Wed Apr 05, 2023 3:03 pm

Booney wrote:
whufc wrote:

If you can grab your fuel, a coffee, some bread and milk and a sandwich for the kids for lunch in one spot you simply cannot complain it took you 4 minutes to pay for it when you'd have stopped at at least 3 others spots in the past for the same goods. Defies logic.

Yep....but I'm shocked people can afford to purchase all that from there. Cost of living is going through the roof and people are willing to pay prices that are borderline criminal.

Once again though it proves people's convenience is worth big $$$$$
whufc
Coach

Postby mickey » Wed Apr 05, 2023 3:05 pm

whufc wrote:

whufc wrote:I use them but my biggest gripe would be at least when woolies/coles reduced staff they gave us the option to self-serve meaning there was still quick service.

If you use the OTR app then you don't even have to set foot instore. Scan the pump, fill up, see what discount you get and away you go.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk
mickey
Coach

Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 312 times
Grassroots Team: Seaton Ramblers

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Wed Apr 05, 2023 3:17 pm

One thing the Shahins do exceptionally well is successful business ventures and they also promote SA on a National scale as good as anyone in this state. There’s always a greater vision in place with everything that they do and I have absolutely no doubt this isn’t going to be any different.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Been liked: 738 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby locky801 » Wed Apr 05, 2023 5:35 pm

whufc wrote:
Booney wrote:I'm a bit lost on why they're so disliked. Immigrant family with very humble beginnings made good, they employ 6000 South Australians and would contribute millions to the SA economy with staff, delivery drivers, suppliers.....

I have no problem with them and use the one we have here on a weekly basis.

I believe however the rumors that have always existed about how they made their initial money

Very true they were certainly OTR back then, mid to late 70's ;)
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3645 times
Been liked: 1160 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Wed Apr 05, 2023 6:42 pm

Their brand is OTR Convenience Stores not OTR Fuels + a crap load of other stuff
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Jimmy_041 » Wed Apr 05, 2023 6:43 pm

locky801 wrote:
whufc wrote:
Booney wrote:I'm a bit lost on why they're so disliked. Immigrant family with very humble beginnings made good, they employ 6000 South Australians and would contribute millions to the SA economy with staff, delivery drivers, suppliers.....

I have no problem with them and use the one we have here on a weekly basis.

I believe however the rumors that have always existed about how they made their initial money

Very true they were certainly OTR back then, mid to late 70's ;)

I may need a PM for that one :?
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Wed Apr 05, 2023 10:29 pm

whufc wrote:

The sole reason why people use them in their millions is for that convenience aspect. You’re paying more for products because they keep their doors open at any time and provide a pretty bloody good selection. Like it or not OTR have Australia’s best service station offerings for consumers in the complete package. When you go interstate and you see service stations with multiple take away options those McDonalds, Hungry Jacks and KFC outlets are leased out - Not the case with OTR.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Been liked: 738 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion