PDCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: PDCA

Postby The Bedge » Wed Apr 05, 2023 10:17 am

OKC! wrote:
The Bedge wrote:
no_remorse28 wrote:Also, I'm almost 300 percent sure OKC is Bedge

**** off mate! I’ve already been in trouble for posting on here - I’m staying well clear of this! :lol:

I've only just reset my password.

Who has been using my acc? Bedge was it you?

Shouldn't even joke about that - people will believe it, and i'm not interested in copping the abuse.

You'll be pleased to know however that I received an email from PDCA overnight... March expense account due :D
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby OKC! » Wed Apr 05, 2023 10:32 am

The Bedge wrote:
OKC! wrote:
The Bedge wrote:
no_remorse28 wrote:Also, I'm almost 300 percent sure OKC is Bedge

**** off mate! I’ve already been in trouble for posting on here - I’m staying well clear of this! :lol:

I've only just reset my password.

Who has been using my acc? Bedge was it you?

Shouldn't even joke about that - people will believe it, and i'm not interested in copping the abuse.

You'll be pleased to know however that I received an email from PDCA overnight... March expense account due :D

Fine, Bedge has never done that.

I did also receive an email from PDCA last night also, I've just received it as i send from my work email.

There is confirmation that NO report was placed from the grand final and Terry is uncontactable at this time.
The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.
OKC!
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 42 times
Grassroots Team: Pooraka

Postby whufc » Wed Apr 05, 2023 12:40 pm

No surprise whatsoever that no report was made....all too hard for umpires to be part of the controversy...........very disappointing but not surprising.

I hope everything is alright with the umpire in question but surely, they are contactable and that's a load of shit and PDCA avoiding the situation.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby james07 » Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:39 pm

why hasn't the club made a report, it doesn't need to come from the umpire
james07
Under 16s

Been liked: 13 times

Postby OKC! » Wed Apr 05, 2023 3:11 pm

james07 wrote:why hasn't the club made a report, it doesn't need to come from the umpire

We didn't make a report because we were told by the umpire at the game that he would be reporting this.

We will be now if they cannot get in touch with the umpire. Awaiting a reply as we speak from PDCA.
OKC!
League Bench Warmer

Postby Observer55 » Thu Apr 06, 2023 5:41 pm

james07 wrote:why hasn't the club made a report, it doesn't need to come from the umpire

I can tell you clubs make reports and they fall on deaf ears, get no response and ignored.
Observer55

Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 1 time

Postby The Old Fellow » Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:02 pm

OKC! wrote:

We didn't make a report because we were told by the umpire at the game that he would be reporting this.

We will be now if they cannot get in touch with the umpire. Awaiting a reply as we speak from PDCA.

Any umpire or anyone in a position of authority saying they will do something and then they don't, looses all respect. If this was Terry as indicated earlier can understand he is difficult to contact, as he was even during the season, as he was heavily involved in football well before the finals and he is the umpire co-ordinator for the PDCA.
The Old Fellow
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: Barmera-Monash

Postby The Bedge » Mon Apr 10, 2023 5:34 pm

The Old Fellow wrote: If this was Terry as indicated earlier can understand he is difficult to contact, as he was even during the season, as he was heavily involved in football well before the finals and he is the umpire co-ordinator for the PDCA.

Pfft, difficult to contact when it suits him.. been very active on Facebook last couple weeks, but cant be contacted? Classic.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby whufc » Mon Apr 10, 2023 7:59 pm

The Bedge wrote:
The Old Fellow wrote: If this was Terry as indicated earlier can understand he is difficult to contact, as he was even during the season, as he was heavily involved in football well before the finals and he is the umpire co-ordinator for the PDCA.

Pfft, difficult to contact when it suits him.. been very active on Facebook last couple weeks, but cant be contacted? Classic.

Was gonna say the same thing
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby The Old Fellow » Mon Apr 10, 2023 11:53 pm

whufc wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

Was gonna say the same thing

I am not trying to defend him. If you take up certain roles you need to be available and be responsive. I have since been told his 'selective' availability started pre season with the Exec and SACA and continued during the season even with the umpires let alone the clubs. You don't need this.
The Old Fellow
Rookie

Postby OKC! » Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:52 am

Well everybody Easter is over and here we are back in the swing of things.

Deleted

So for everyone playing at home..... No one has done anything about this yet. Is there more of a joke in Adelaide cricket at the moment?
OKC!
League Bench Warmer

Postby OKC! » Wed Apr 12, 2023 2:44 pm

We have had an email from the umpire in question to the PDCA committee. What that included, i am not sure. But it has been forwarded to SACA.

We finally have some movement, but what will happen.

I will leave it on here for a while now until we find out what is happening with this.

Thanks for playing along.
OKC!
League Bench Warmer

Postby OKC! » Mon Apr 24, 2023 10:50 am

Still no contact from Para districts since that email. I have now written a letter to the advertiser and channel 7, i will send it on wednesday at 5pm if i do not have anything back from them.

To be honest, this is disgraceful.
OKC!
League Bench Warmer

Postby The Old Fellow » Mon Apr 24, 2023 9:16 pm

OKC! wrote:We have had an email from the umpire in question to the PDCA committee. What that included, i am not sure. But it has been forwarded to SACA.

We finally have some movement, but what will happen.

I will leave it on here for a while now until we find out what is happening with this.

Thanks for playing along.

You say there is an alleged email from the umpire in question. Why did he take so long to do something? For it to take such a time period you need to question how serious he thought the alleged issue was.

In my eyes you lost all respect and concern when you stated that all of the Exec must be racist but I now note that you have since deleted that comment which was in itself liable.
The Old Fellow
Rookie

Postby OKC! » Wed Apr 26, 2023 10:03 am

I have not deleted a single post i put up here.

You think I have lost respect??? Id like to see a poll as to who thinks I'm doing the right or the wrong thing to be honest.
OKC!
League Bench Warmer

Postby OKC! » Thu May 25, 2023 11:14 am

So just a few things that I would like to clear up.

I finally had a meeting with SACA and PDCA to do with the racial abuse that players from Eyre Royals players. This meeting was somewhat helpful, not in the way that anything was done, but more to find the correct process to take this further. In that meeting, i saw the report from Terry the umpire. I said that i would make this public, and they asked me not to until they had had a chance to deal with it,

It is now been dealt with and they are doing nothing, so people deserve to know what kind of umpires co-ordinator they have.

I really hope he never umpires another game.

Terry reported that during the grand final he heard nothing racist, when Terry had told us on the field that he heard it all. Then spoke to Matt at the end of the over about it, then private messaged both of us after the game saying we had done well not to react. I don't know how you can be as weak as him.

Also last night Eyre Royals representatives were offered the chance to contact some of the players at Enfield to apologise for what they had endured.
They declined. What a club.
OKC!
League Bench Warmer

Postby The Bedge » Thu May 25, 2023 12:41 pm

I've deliberately steered clear of this conversation on here - obviously my history with posting is known (and the consequences that went with that).

Officially as a club we tabled two matters of concern from the Grand Final - one was racist commentary during the match from spectators, and the other being the conduct and professionalism from the umpire.

I am satisfied to a degree that our matters were heard - albeit at times seemed somewhat dismissive - and that there were tangible outcomes that will hopefully help the association and clubs involved move forward, and hopefully avoid any future conflict, whilst providing framework on how to manage incidents.

I was disappointed by a level of victim blaming.

As a club when asked what resolution / outcome we would like to see - we didn't request punishment or banning of players, or suspensions - simply would like to see the club through private avenues i.e. email reach out to the player impacted and acknowledge that the incident occurred, condemn the behaviour and state that as a club they don't tolerate or accept it, and finally offer apology for the impact it had on the player (not even the act itself).

Unfortunately - and whilst it wasn't completely ruled out - that request was met with resistance, and with an impression of a lack of remorse for what had happened. I was matter of factly told that it was my fault the player was racially vilified because i'd posted on here that the club in question was racist.

I acknowledge and accept my role in this drama over the last few weeks of the season - I stuffed up, I made mistakes, I knew I would cop heat in the GF - but I tried to at least step up and take responsibility for that. My apology on here, despite what some think, was indeed sincere.. but that doesn't give anyone the right to make another individual feel unsafe or uncomfortable or victimised at a game of cricket.

I was suspended for calling a club racist (bit more colourful than that).. they have had a member only weeks later yell out racist remarks.. the club has a golden opportunity to show I was wrong in my comments and they are not racist by condemning the behaviour.. but they've chosen not to.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby no_remorse28 » Thu May 25, 2023 4:09 pm

Enfield to join ASCA I'm hearing.
no_remorse28
Reserves

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 71 times
Grassroots Team: Para Hills

Postby The Bedge » Thu May 25, 2023 4:19 pm

no_remorse28 wrote:Enfield to join ASCA I'm hearing.

It's been discussed.

Actually what has also been discussed it reviving the defunct C&CCA. If the C&CCA returned and was organised enough to run a proper competition - perhaps pure LO comp - you could potentially pick up:

Enfield x4
Para Vista x4
Fitzroy x3
Parafield Gardens x3
NEK x2
Pirates x2
Adelaide Risers x2
Athelstone x2
Grand Masters
Gepps Cross hard wicket side
Adelaide Warriors
Adelaide Union
Afghan CC

That's 27 teams..
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Eggy » Sat Jun 10, 2023 11:02 pm

The Bedge wrote:I've deliberately steered clear of this conversation on here - obviously my history with posting is known (and the consequences that went with that).

Officially as a club we tabled two matters of concern from the Grand Final - one was racist commentary during the match from spectators, and the other being the conduct and professionalism from the umpire.

I am satisfied to a degree that our matters were heard - albeit at times seemed somewhat dismissive - and that there were tangible outcomes that will hopefully help the association and clubs involved move forward, and hopefully avoid any future conflict, whilst providing framework on how to manage incidents.

I was disappointed by a level of victim blaming.

As a club when asked what resolution / outcome we would like to see - we didn't request punishment or banning of players, or suspensions - simply would like to see the club through private avenues i.e. email reach out to the player impacted and acknowledge that the incident occurred, condemn the behaviour and state that as a club they don't tolerate or accept it, and finally offer apology for the impact it had on the player (not even the act itself).

Unfortunately - and whilst it wasn't completely ruled out - that request was met with resistance, and with an impression of a lack of remorse for what had happened. I was matter of factly told that it was my fault the player was racially vilified because i'd posted on here that the club in question was racist.

I acknowledge and accept my role in this drama over the last few weeks of the season - I stuffed up, I made mistakes, I knew I would cop heat in the GF - but I tried to at least step up and take responsibility for that. My apology on here, despite what some think, was indeed sincere.. but that doesn't give anyone the right to make another individual feel unsafe or uncomfortable or victimised at a game of cricket.

I was suspended for calling a club racist (bit more colourful than that).. they have had a member only weeks later yell out racist remarks.. the club has a golden opportunity to show I was wrong in my comments and they are not racist by condemning the behaviour.. but they've chosen not to.

Yep
Says a lot the non action by club and association. We had footage of two players after we beat them in the semi final this year actually physically punching some of our supporters and nothing! Both should be punished but the league is too puss weak!
Eggy
Rookie

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 8 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps