GATHER ROUND - ROUND 5

Talk on the national game

Re: GATHER ROUND - ROUND 5

Postby Dutchy » Fri Apr 14, 2023 9:44 am

While I won't get there until quarter time I'm looking forward to Mt Barker tomorrow, forecast is looking a bit better but being the hills I'm preparing for the worst, I wasn't expecting all the infrastructure around the oval - I naively thought it would be limited and be just like going to a HFL game, but it looks impressive all the same.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3484 times

Postby Booney » Fri Apr 14, 2023 9:45 am

Dutchy wrote:While I won't get there until quarter time I'm looking forward to Mt Barker tomorrow, forecast is looking a bit better but being the hills I'm preparing for the worst, I wasn't expecting all the infrastructure around the oval - I naively thought it would be limited and be just like going to a HFL game, but it looks impressive all the same.

Forecast certainly lends itself to the middle of the day being better than expected.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7468 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Fri Apr 14, 2023 9:57 am

Me and 8yo have been invited by the Bombers to form the guard of honour as the boys run onto Adelaide Oval tomorrow. I have also scored corporate box tix for Collingwood v St Kilda 8)
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 444 times
Been liked: 1209 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Rik E Boy » Fri Apr 14, 2023 10:04 am

DOC wrote:Yes very good atmosphere. I was under the impression that all clubs members were able to access free tickets, Certainly Crows and Port members were able to.

Side note.

The activities in Elder Park require a rethink.

Full of Crows and Carlton people (as you would expect) and the stage area had Daniel Norton announcing the Port team and interviewing Xavier Duursma. Brain Dead.

Beer selection was CUB and if they think $12 is the going rate for a Pirate Life can then they are sadly out of touch. A very noticeable lack of beer sales resulted. Place was very busy but many people baulked at that rip off.

It's us Beer drinkers that are out of touch. That era is over now. 12 bucks a beer is pretty standard these days and it will get worse.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1697 times
Been liked: 1813 times

Postby cracka » Fri Apr 14, 2023 10:10 am

Rik E Boy wrote:
locky801 wrote:still havent picked a winner on Thursday night :evil: :evil:

I suck at tipping but not sure how you can miss that one. Carlton have been getting reacharounds from the umpires all season and are extremely lucky to bank three straight wins as a result. Add to that Carlton have never won at the Oval even when the Crows were shit.

My big call is that Adelaide are the best of the 'on the rise teams' and I reckon they'll go straight past St Kilda and Carlton. Could even sneak into the top four. One of the posters here said they'd finish above Port and I thought no way Jose but that's looking like a better call each week. They've got the Horrible Hawks next week then three pretty tough games after that. Do they have the tank to go deep* that's the question.

Very impressed by a lot of blokes who have played **** all games. Rachelle, Soligo, Murray, Pedlar...there's a lot of 'Geelong 2004' about this group.

regards,

REB

I reckon there's 5 games after the Hawks that are 50/50. If they come away with 3 wins from that block they'll be happy
And the Hawks next week in Tasmania is the type of game in the past where they'd go in red hot favourites & lose.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Brodlach » Fri Apr 14, 2023 10:10 am

The energy that Rachelle, McHenry and Rankine bring to the team is enormous

Are we finally seeIng what the club saw in Chayce Jones and McHenry. Both so young and have probably played more games than the club would have wanted but poor results meaning the needed to play. Both have improved a lot in 12 months
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4207 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Spargo » Fri Apr 14, 2023 10:13 am

Rik E Boy wrote:
DOC wrote:Yes very good atmosphere. I was under the impression that all clubs members were able to access free tickets, Certainly Crows and Port members were able to.

Side note.

Full of Crows and Carlton people (as you would expect) and the stage area had Daniel Norton announcing the Port team and interviewing Xavier Duursma. Brain Dead.

Beer selection was CUB and if they think $12 is the going rate for a Pirate Life can then they are sadly out of touch. A very noticeable lack of beer sales resulted. Place was very busy but many people baulked at that rip off.

It's us Beer drinkers that are out of touch. That era is over now. 12 bucks a beer is pretty standard these days and it will get worse.

regards,

REB

West End cans were $9 last night. Carlton cans $10.50 at Marvel last weekend.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5460 times
Been liked: 5089 times

Postby DOC » Fri Apr 14, 2023 10:14 am

Brodlach wrote:The energy that Rachelle, McHenry and Rankine bring to the team is enormous

Are we finally seeIng what the club saw in Chayce Jones and McHenry. Both so young and have probably played more games than the club would have wanted but poor results meaning the needed to play. Both have improved a lot in 12 months

Jones and Murphy very good last night. I was sure McHenry was named in the best players last week by the Crows yet he was made the sub. Shows how much the competition is for spots. I think Pedlar will keep McAdam out of the side as well.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 724 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby amber_fluid » Fri Apr 14, 2023 10:17 am

Rik E Boy wrote:

Side note.

regards,

REB

Don’t drink fancy beer and you won’t pay the fancy beer tax.
WED and CUB Draught is still well priced(just)
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby am Bays » Fri Apr 14, 2023 10:21 am

LaughingKookaburra wrote:
am Bays wrote:Gee they hit targets and the way they stretch the ground to create the inside 45 is impressive. Add some no name goers (Pedlar Jones McHenry), who create turnovers and just keep putting their head in the home and the future is bright

Pedlar looks to be far from a no name goer. He’s tough as nails and you can see why he’s straight back in the side.

Yeah proabbly should've used the word "relative" in front of that.

The point I've trying to make is no matter what team, when you've got your bottom 6-7 players playing on the edge each week, playing their role and causing the opposition to execute under pressure it makes it so much easier for the rest of the team to perform.

The challenge is maintaining that until deep in the season.
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby am Bays » Fri Apr 14, 2023 10:22 am

DOC wrote:

$12!!?? Luxury!!

$14 for that up here at the Stonehouse!
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby Vamos » Fri Apr 14, 2023 10:25 am

amber_fluid wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote:

Side note.

regards,

REB

Spoken like a true Port supporter ;)
Whoops, there goes another year. Whoops, there goes another pint of beer.
Vamos
League - Top 5

Has liked: 345 times
Been liked: 456 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby DOC » Fri Apr 14, 2023 10:36 am

am Bays wrote:
DOC wrote:

$12!!?? Luxury!!

When the price of a can is cheaper inside the oval you know it's overpriced. Outside the ground it was only CUB products as the league sponsor.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 724 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Fri Apr 14, 2023 10:39 am

Strathmore Hotel are offering $8.50 Imperial Pints of Carlton Draught to Essendon Members.
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 444 times
Been liked: 1209 times

Postby amber_fluid » Fri Apr 14, 2023 10:39 am

Vamos wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote:

Side note.

regards,

REB

Spoken like a true Port Adelaide Magpie supporter(when they existed) ;)

EFA
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Fri Apr 14, 2023 10:40 am

PatowalongaPirate wrote:Strathmore Hotel are offering $8.50 Imperial Pints of Carlton Draught to Essendon Members.

Where do I sign up?
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby Vamos » Fri Apr 14, 2023 10:42 am

PatowalongaPirate wrote:Strathmore Hotel are offering $8.50 Imperial Pints of Carlton Draught to Essendon Members.

Central Market are offering 2 for 1 cucumbers to Melbourne Members
Whoops, there goes another year. Whoops, there goes another pint of beer.
Vamos
League - Top 5

Has liked: 345 times
Been liked: 456 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby Rik E Boy » Fri Apr 14, 2023 10:44 am

amber_fluid wrote:WED and CUB Draught is still well priced(just)

Ha ha ha fair call this.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1697 times
Been liked: 1813 times

Postby Spargo » Fri Apr 14, 2023 10:48 am

Vamos wrote:

Central Market are offering 2 for 1 cucumbers to Melbourne Members

One for each…
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5460 times
Been liked: 5089 times

Postby RB » Fri Apr 14, 2023 10:51 am

DOC wrote:
am Bays wrote:
DOC wrote:

$12!!?? Luxury!!

When the price of a can is cheaper inside the oval you know it's overpriced. Outside the ground it was only CUB products as the league sponsor.

I want to know what was the price of a can from the esky in DOC's car boot?
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 759 times
Been liked: 1073 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL