Daily Golf - Where you are playing and how you go

Re: Daily Golf - Where you are playing and how you go

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:31 am

carey wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
carey wrote:Just finished a huge weekend of Golf!

Echunga Thursday as we had pennant semi final there yesterday
Nth Adelaide Footy Club golf day Friday at Tea Tree Gully
Club golf Saturday and
Pennant semi final at Echunga yesterday.

How did the semi final end up?
Have they managed to do any work on the irrigation system on back 9?

I unfortunately lost, but Yes we got up mate so we play Nth Adelaide in the final this Sunday at Euchunga

Course is in very good condition mate, great greens that role very true with slight variations. Bloody tight course tho.

Looking forward to Sunday.

How'd we go?
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11807 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby Corona Man » Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:15 pm

Slipped out to the practice range Sunday morning. Had a week off so expected to be a little rusty. Boy was I wrong. I was hopeless. Even had a fresh air swing with the driver.

On reflection I may have been trying to smack the bejesus out of it.

So putting and chipping are no good. and now neither is ball striking.

Playing 18 on Sunday with a mate see how it goes. 3 weeks til the golf trip. Really just don't want to embarass myself.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby MatteeG » Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:56 pm

Played at Oakbank on Sunday in the light but constant drizzle.

Course in good nick, greens very nice. A bit of GUR in places and some damp spots (maybe sprionklers left on rather than rain?).

For the price an excellent deal. $25 for 18 holes (2 x 9) is great value.

First time round was on fire, hit 23 points including a 2 for 5 on the hardest hole after somehow holing a 6 iron from 160. First Eagle Ive had in at least a decade.

Poor second 9 only getting 14 points and getting nutted on countback.

Being first hit back since an Ambrose in Feb I was happy with most of my game, a few wide drives but didnt get into huge amounts of trouble.
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby Dutchy » Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:41 pm

Eagle, nice 8)

Murray Bridge was in light drizzle most of the day also, bit heavier over the last 4-5 holes, we had carts so no great issue, in fact we had Peter Senior's cart from the day before's Pro-Am. Due to that the course was in great nick but they had also grown the rough and being kikuyu grass it grabbed every ball that went in it and any club you tried to slide thru it. I struggled with an 89 and 32 points, only real highlight was parring 5 of the 6 par 3's, Driver got me in too much trouble to do better.

Next round at Clare on Good Friday
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3484 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:24 am

32points is still a good day.
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby whufc » Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:01 am

Dutchy wrote:Eagle, nice 8)

Murray Bridge was in light drizzle most of the day also, bit heavier over the last 4-5 holes, we had carts so no great issue, in fact we had Peter Senior's cart from the day before's Pro-Am. Due to that the course was in great nick but they had also grown the rough and being kikuyu grass it grabbed every ball that went in it and any club you tried to slide thru it. I struggled with an 89 and 32 points, only real highlight was parring 5 of the 6 par 3's, Driver got me in too much trouble to do better.

Not sure Clare will be in great nick....i see there looking for a new head groundsmen.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Dutchy » Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:38 pm

whufc wrote:

Not sure Clare will be in great nick....i see there looking for a new head groundsmen.

Did see that, you would think the club members would be looking after it if there was a gap...hopefully
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Mythical Creature » Tue Mar 28, 2023 2:39 pm

Dutchy wrote:
whufc wrote:

Did see that, you would think the club members would be looking after it if there was a gap...hopefully

Clare is in terrible condition. Greens are the worst they have ever been, not sure how they will recover unless its a warm autumn.
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby mickey » Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:45 am

Hands up who's taking the Monday off before Anzac day....

Could this be the date of the 1st ever SA Footy golf open?!?

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk
mickey
Coach

Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 312 times
Grassroots Team: Seaton Ramblers

Postby carey » Fri Mar 31, 2023 8:36 pm

mickey wrote:Hands up who's taking the Monday off before Anzac day....

Could this be the date of the 1st ever SA Footy golf open?!?

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

I’m in.

Won a golf day today

Drunk
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2796 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sat Apr 01, 2023 1:07 pm

monthly medal

end of daylight savings cant come soon enough... teeing off in the dark :lol:

testing a new backswing takeaway which saw a few shots fly a little further than intended.... made some adjustments on the driver and baffler
putting was dreadful, greens were quick but i was seeing imaginary lines that didnt exist :lol:
bunkers got me again.

hope the game can somewhat get back to something a little more consistent, Lady Bay next sunday, that will be punishing if a little wayward.
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby carey » Sat Apr 01, 2023 2:15 pm

Monthly Medal, hung over as F@#k, went no good.

77 off the bat nett 74.

Showdown tonight in a corporate box, it works for me.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2796 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Corona Man » Sun Apr 02, 2023 7:28 pm

Played at Yarrambat today. Reasonable track about 45 mins North East from the CBD of Melbourne. 10 minutes from home.

Played with an old cricket mate. Double to start, triple on the second, so not exactly flying out of the gates. Another triple on the shortish par 4 third hole when I was on just off the front for 2, chunked chip and a few stab puts.

Good drive on the 4th lead to par. Pin high on the par 3 5th, poor chip ended in Bogey.

Pared the 6th and then the 7th and felt the game was coming together a bit. Bogey on the par 3 8th, before lipping out for birdie on 9, and yes I’m enjoying the game again despite not making it.

Cracked a beer on the 10th tee, which resulted in bogey. Then another triple on the 11th…. Perhaps the beer was the wrong move?!?

Uphill par 3,12th hole resulted in bogey. Then an excellent up and down for par on 13 had me interested again. Short par 4, 14th hit a good drive only about 15 short, chip and 2 put par. Nice.

15th par 5 good drive, not such a good second or third shot led to another bogey.

Down hill par 3 16th, pulled my tee shot left… a far way left… hit a tree… bounced onto the green! 3 put par for 4, still a good result really.

Double on 17th due to poor chipping yep 2 of them.

18th Tee, decide to take on the water…. Hit it well. 9 iron in. Green in reg. 3 putt finish.

All up a marked improvement. Another game next weekend.

Great weather, good company and an enjoyable day out.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sat Apr 08, 2023 1:47 pm

Flaggy
Unpacked the car and it rained.
Mad dash for cover and quick check of BOM showed there wasn't much in it.
But just enough to be a nuisance and wet the bag.

Starred off solidly. Putter let me down missing a couple of gimme's.
19 points after 9

Back 9 started off slowly, particularly when I moved a stick and the ball moved... there goes a shot :lol:
Finished off with 15 for a 34 overall.

Found a few bunkers but today had no dramas in getting out.

Lady Bay tomorrow
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby Corona Man » Sun Apr 09, 2023 1:56 pm

Golf this morning at Yarra Bend. Public access course 5-7 kms from the Melbourne CBD.

Weather forecast was for 1-3 mm of rain. Checked the radar before leaving home, looked ok. Boy was I wrong!

Pulled into the car park at 8.20am for a 9.00am tee time. A balmy 9.5 degree ambient temperature. A few dots of rain about, but not too bad. Check in at the pro shop, told we can go off whenever we like. Get my GPS out and it can’t pick up the hole we are on. ****** around with it for a few holes before giving it away. Not sure why it wasn’t working.

A short par 3 to start, I’m in the green side bunker off the tee. Great I thought it will be wet in there. Pleasantly surprised it was not too bad. Flicked it out, 2 putt bogey to start. Get the the 2nd tee, drizzle gets a little heavier. By the 4th holes it’s bucketing down. Trying to keep clubs dry is a nightmare.

Overall I was impressed with the presentation of the course, and as the round went on, there are some very good holes on this course.

Par 5’ were pretty short though. On one of them I pulled driver a bit left, hit the top of the trees and dropped straight down. Took at least 100 m off it. I hit hybrid in from 200 ish albeit downhill for a look at Eagle. I missed.

By about the 8th we were soaked. Grips wet, towels soaked, not much fun really. I pulled a 3 wood second shot on one of the par 5’s left…. A ******* long way left. Not sure, but I think it ended up in the Yarra!

We considered seeking shelter after 9, but the slow group of 4 in front called us through… so bugger it we kept going.

Can’t say my golf was all that good, my mate played pretty well though, an improvement on his form last Sunday.

So 2 weeks to the golf trip. Would like another practice round next weekend… but be ****** if I’m playing in the rain. That sucks balls.

However, for those coming to Melbourne if your looking for a hit, and can’t get onto a private course, you can do worse than Yarra Bend.
Corona Man
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sun Apr 09, 2023 5:22 pm

Lady Bay

A cool start to the day and the temperature remained.
Greens were on the slow side. A few greens have some issues but overall in good condition.

Golf was solid, very consistent. The first tee shot and a few others just felt hard to get away. Did readjust the Driver to the 9° loft for yesterday. But the drives did for the most part find the fairway.
Scoring is digital scorecard so unless you really keep track of it it's easy to not know what your score is.
For the most part I played bogey golf.
The weather was ok. It was windy, but it didn't really cause any dramas as it can do down there.
Threatened to rain as we were playing the 18th. That was straight into the breeze... made it a long hole.

Came in with 42points. Had 1 arm reaching for the Green jacket. But someone else had 46 :shock:

Overall consensus was the course was playing easier than it can.

And I said to a mate last week jokingly no bakery stop for anything under 42.... stop off... bakery closed :( :(
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sat Apr 15, 2023 4:55 pm

Flaggy this morning

the alarm going off at 5.15 and some heavy rain outside certainly didnt fill me with any confidence.

heavy shower seemed to subside just before 6am

check of the radar showed it had mostly all past.

so off we go.
lost a shot after Lady Bay exhibition on sunday, off 17.
DRiving was pretty solid all day, think i found every fairway with it :shock: a couple even had a little fade to it, when i really wasnt looking for that shape :lol:
Greens were quick as to be expected being deep in CLub Championships and coming from the nice slow greens at Lady Bay the adjustment took its toll.
only had 1 shower of about 5mins to deal with, and that was going up the 4th hole, so plenty of time to dry out.
30points, picked up a few holes where i could have scrambled a point, but 30points is fair representation of the game today.
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Mon Apr 17, 2023 1:22 pm

Played Clare on Good Friday, rained a fair bit before tee off and copped a couple of showers during the day, said to the boys that at least the greens will be soft and boy was I right! We had 3 balls bury themselves in the green from approaches, including one on the 7th which from one side you could even see the ball :lol:

Anyway the greens are still an issue up there but there was enough room on most of the greens for them to find a good uneffected area for the pins. The 16th green was the worst and I reckon its almost time to scrap it and start again, there is no way it will get better before winter and it will be a mess if they keep playing on it.

The good part of the greens were very slow but can understand they are being cautious.

Anyway golf was reasonably solid, got away with making a a putt from off the green on the 1st for a Birdie and of course there was only one way to go from there :lol: OOB on the 5th and then took 7 on the par 3 seventh, blading my 2nd over the green and into the creek :roll: apart from that I played OK and pretty much bogey golf - my issue is Im not getting enough par's at the moment. Finished with a 92 and 35 points.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Dutchy » Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:30 am

Barnbougle March 2024 locked in, 3 nights & 4 rounds of golf with the lads
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby DOC » Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:40 am

A good mate tells me that his club (Glenelg) has record guest numbers (Gather Round and LIV) and will make a tidy windfall.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 724 times
Been liked: 2076 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Other Sports  Golf