MRO Lotto

Talk on the national game

MRO Lotto

Postby JK » Tue Apr 18, 2023 11:06 am

Righto (been watching too much of The Baron on Tik Tok), can someone help explain some of this tribunal business to me?

In round 1 McAdam shirtfronts a bloke, and cops a heavy whack despite no concussion to his opponent and basically the reason given is that it “could have” caused injury. We’ve seen this countless times now with dump tackles.

Now I might be mistaken here but Kaminidis (sp?) looks set for a lengthy stint on the sidelines for his transgression, but I’d the MRO is being consistent shouldn’t Murphy also get a please explain? Their actions were pretty much the same, except Murphy lowered himself when he copped his whereas Kaminidis didn’t.

Similarly last week, Cameron bowled over an umpire in what was an avoidable incident that “could have” injured an umpire, if only Todd Curley received such leniency.

For the record I wouldn’t want either Murphy or Cameron rubbed out for those things, but there seems such an inconsistency as to when this “potential for injury” clause gets applied.

Am I missing something? (Legit question and happy to be educated on it)
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4461 times
Been liked: 2988 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Re: MRO Lotto

Postby Jim05 » Tue Apr 18, 2023 11:12 am

Merrett should get a week based on other similar tackles but I thought Elliott’s was the worst of the lot and didn’t even get cited
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3553 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Vamos » Tue Apr 18, 2023 7:55 pm

Merrett, nothing in it, ridiculous. The Adams one, the Umpire should be suspended for a week for not blowing his whistle quick enough.
Whoops, there goes another year. Whoops, there goes another pint of beer.
Vamos
League - Top 5

Has liked: 354 times
Been liked: 476 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby Armchair expert » Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:09 pm

Caminiti gets 3 weeks
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 385 times