Things that you rate!

Anything!

Re: Things that you rate!

Postby Dutchy » Fri Apr 14, 2023 9:34 am

Booney wrote:Introducing a third person into our relationship.

Went to the Alberton for Thursday night steak night last night and after ordering and sitting down at our table I noticed an older lady sitting on her own at a table. I said to Mrs Boon if our food and her food comes out at the same time I'll ask her to join us for dinner. Our meals came out, the young lad waiting tables went back into the kitchen and came out with her roast pork. Ingrid accepted my invitation and we all had dinner together.

She came out from Germany 69 years ago to learn English, fell in love with a Bavarian man, had two kids, lived in Alberton, owned and ran the bakery in Sussex St for years. She was a joy to talk too and couldn't have been happier to have been invited to have dinner with us. Her husband passed away late 90's and her adult children, like us all, live their own lives and while she's active at the Austrian club weekly, a book club and several other activities she was thrilled to have some company over dinner.

We've already booked in for dinner on Thursday night next week with her. Felt good to do something good and it didn't cost a thing.

Great stuff Boon, well done, Im sure that would have made her week.

Also reckon it is awesome that people on their own feel OK going out and keeping their own company rather than staying home and being out of sight.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2320 times
Been liked: 3494 times

Postby am Bays » Fri Apr 14, 2023 10:16 am

Went to the Alberton for Thursday night steak night last night and after ordering and sitting down at our table I noticed an older lady sitting on her own at a table. I said to Mrs Boon if our food and her food comes out at the same time I'll ask her to join us for dinner. Our meals came out, the young lad waiting tables went back into the kitchen and came out with her roast pork. Ingrid accepted my invitation and we all had dinner together.

She came out from Germany 69 years ago to learn English, fell in love with a Bavarian man, had two kids, lived in Alberton, owned and ran the bakery in Sussex St for years. She was a joy to talk too and couldn't have been happier to have been invited to have dinner with us. Her husband passed away late 90's and her adult children, like us all, live their own lives and while she's active at the Austrian club weekly, a book club and several other activities she was thrilled to have some company over dinner.

We've already booked in for dinner on Thursday night next week with her. Felt good to do something good and it didn't cost a thing.

You're a good man Boon

I only met you briefly just once at the footy but you actions like this speak louder than your words.

Makes me think how I can "be better' (lots on here would think I've got a lot of opportunity for growth in that area ;) )

However, kudos to you mate, the world would be a much better place if there were more people like you, sans the Port supporter bit...
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1807 times

Postby amber_fluid » Fri Apr 14, 2023 10:22 am

I read the first line and thought here we go…………..threesome!
Turns out it was just a couple of Power supporters having a chin wag.

Nah good stuff.
We can all do and be better!
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2224 times
Been liked: 2512 times

Postby DOC » Fri Apr 14, 2023 10:25 am

Well done. In fact better than well done.

I remember that bakery well. My mother grew in Alberton and like Dad were dirty rotten Port supporters. But they had nice children.

When visiting Nana my younger brother and I would go to that bakery for a tank loaf (it was a thing). Our treat was to spend the change at Motleys Deli near the train station.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 729 times
Been liked: 2083 times

Postby Vamos » Fri Apr 14, 2023 10:35 am

Dutchy wrote:

Great stuff Boon, well done, Im sure that would have made her week.

Also reckon it is awesome that people on their own feel OK going out and keeping their own company rather than staying home and being out of sight

I'm a bit like this with live music, happy to go to a gig on me own as friends don't often share the same taste.

Great community man is Booney :-BD
Whoops, there goes another year. Whoops, there goes another pint of beer.
Vamos
League - Top 5

Has liked: 353 times
Been liked: 468 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby Brodlach » Fri Apr 14, 2023 10:49 am

You’re a prick Booney, your just trying to cut me lunch :lol:

Well done on doing that, a fabulous thing to do.
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Booney » Fri Apr 14, 2023 10:49 am

Sounds a bit corny, but it is true, Alberton has a real community vibe around it at the moment and it's by no coincidence that it's come about because of the work by Joost, Christie and several of their staff at The Pear Cafe right near the train station. They're engaged with ECH and other community organizations, the PAFC and the Port Enfield Council ( Joost is on the council as the local ward member ).

The cafe came about after a neighbor of theirs passed away and they didn't even know, they thought it was time to bring people back together, the way it was when we were kids and the community has embraced it. Walking groups, knitting clubs, grandparent story book mornings, coffee catch ups and Saturday morning acoustic music sets with the odd street fair and bric-a-brac sale.

That flow on effect is really evident amongst people in and around the area.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7481 times
Been liked: 10770 times

Postby Vamos » Fri Apr 14, 2023 10:57 am

Dare I say it? Sounds like good culture there at Alberton :P
Vamos
League - Top 5

Postby DOC » Fri Apr 14, 2023 11:55 am

Not one score review last night.
DOC
Coach

Postby DOC » Fri Apr 14, 2023 11:59 am

Booney wrote:Sounds a bit corny, but it is true, Alberton has a real community vibe around it at the moment and it's by no coincidence that it's come about because of the work by Joost, Christie and several of their staff at The Pear Cafe right near the train station. They're engaged with ECH and other community organizations, the PAFC and the Port Enfield Council ( Joost is on the council as the local ward member ).

The cafe came about after a neighbor of theirs passed away and they didn't even know, they thought it was time to bring people back together, the way it was when we were kids and the community has embraced it. Walking groups, knitting clubs, grandparent story book mornings, coffee catch ups and Saturday morning acoustic music sets with the odd street fair and bric-a-brac sale.

That flow on effect is really evident amongst people in and around the area.

Looks like it is located in what was Motleys deli.
DOC
Coach

Postby RustyCage » Fri Apr 14, 2023 9:06 pm

The new Metallica album. Top notch
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby Wedgie » Thu Apr 20, 2023 8:39 pm

The History Bar at the Thebby Theatre, great how they have every artist that ever played here written on the ceiling with the year they performed. I could spend a lot of time here.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2039 times
Been liked: 3880 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby MW » Thu Apr 20, 2023 10:52 pm

You're a good egg mate.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2590 times
Been liked: 1830 times

Postby amber_fluid » Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:05 am

MW wrote:

You're a good egg mate.

Settle down!
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2224 times
Been liked: 2512 times

Postby MW » Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:34 am

:lol: don't worry one shit comment about the Crows will bring him back down :lol:
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2590 times
Been liked: 1830 times

Postby Armchair expert » Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:20 pm

Cheese & Bacon balls

#fat
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 382 times
Been liked: 1433 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby Vamos » Sat Apr 29, 2023 9:55 am

Armchair expert wrote:Cheese & Bacon balls

#fat

Teeth cloggers. Chickadees are also teeth cloggers, good though.
Vamos
League - Top 5

Postby Spargo » Tue May 02, 2023 11:44 am

On boy! Lima, Lemon Twist, Fruita, Sarsaparilla…
Attachments
IMG_6704.jpeg
IMG_6704.jpeg (154.72 KiB) Viewed 1831 times
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5471 times
Been liked: 5114 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby DOC » Tue May 02, 2023 11:45 am

In Willunga.

Add Stonie as well!
DOC
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed May 03, 2023 12:48 pm

Getting home last night to find Mum had dropped off a pot of tuna mornay for me. :heart:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7481 times
Been liked: 10770 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion