Adelaide

Talk on the national game

Re: Adelaide

Postby MW » Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:47 am

Vamos wrote:Burgess has nothing to do with it, they're finally seeing the fruits of Collective Minds.

Playing a very similar brand to 2017...gulp
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2610 times
Been liked: 1850 times

Postby Booney » Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:50 am

MW wrote:
Vamos wrote:Burgess has nothing to do with it, they're finally seeing the fruits of Collective Minds.

Keays > Jenkins
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10781 times

Postby mots02 » Fri Apr 21, 2023 11:05 am

MW wrote:

Can you feel it.
mots02
League - Top 5

Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 881 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby whufc » Fri Apr 21, 2023 3:21 pm

Booney wrote:
Zorro wrote:
whufc wrote:We've seen this year old good coaches proving their worth early doors, Essendon, St.Kilda, Kangaroos all clearly a bit better than last year, whether it lasts who knows. Yes i think Scott is pretty decent, his effort to get the Kanagas to a prelim was epic.

Can the same be said about Burgess as well........comes to Adelaide and in one off season they now have the smallest injury list in the comp......coincidence, imo not.

Burgess has had two pre-seasons with the Crows now but yes good point re his impact.

There's good management ( Burgess is exactly that ) and there's luck.

Impact injuries can't be prevented, that comes down to luck, doesn't matter how you spin it.

Disagree a tad on impact injuries.....

Concussions 100% nothing you can do about that.

On the other hand you can 'somewhat' build a body that is able to cope with the knock and hits of AFL better than others build there body. You can also make a case for recruiting players who are resilient and have a history of not being injured. No AFL player plays at 100% some are able to play through soreness and injury much better than others...that isnt luck.

Even using yourself as an example....you've been smashing some goals in the gym of late....do you think your if you were to play a masters game (i'm presuming you're of that age haha) would your body handle the physical hits of a game much better than it did 12 months ago, i would almost be certain the answer to that is yes.

I mean you can literally increase your bone density with a good resistance training program and nutritional habits....that has to help a tad right.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2531 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Thu Apr 27, 2023 3:56 pm

Looks like Laird may be in doubt this week after hobbling off training track today.
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 449 times
Been liked: 1215 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby locky801 » Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:07 pm

PatowalongaPirate wrote:Looks like Laird may be in doubt this week after hobbling off training track today.

Huge out if that happens
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3710 times
Been liked: 1170 times

Postby MW » Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:13 pm

locky801 wrote:
PatowalongaPirate wrote:Looks like Laird may be in doubt this week after hobbling off training track today.

Huge out if that happens

Tight calf. You'd think they won't play him.
MW
Coach

Postby locky801 » Sat May 06, 2023 4:35 pm

Must be so frustrating for Nicks and his coaching staff, let alone supporters

Thilthorpe, Forgarty and Rachelle, so much talent, play one decent game in 10

Hardly been sighted today against Geelong :oops:
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3710 times
Been liked: 1170 times

Postby Brodlach » Tue May 16, 2023 12:30 pm

I think Adelaide media and some supporters need to calm down a little, only won one of our last three.
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Booney » Tue May 16, 2023 12:50 pm

Brodlach wrote:I think Adelaide media and some supporters need to calm down a little, only won one of our last three.

I disagree, playing some exciting football and bar some lapses in concentration should have beaten GWS and Collingwood and be 7-2.

I keep hearing about "the kids", yes Soligo, Rachele, Thilthorpe, Michalanney etc are quality on the rise but it's the likes of Hinge, Murphy, Milera, Jones, McHenry, Murray, Sholl, Butts all at that 30-70 game mark that means, in AFL terms anyway, you're not a "kid" anymore and they're the ones who are keeping spuds like Himmelberg, Schoenberg, McAdam, Hately out the side. That's where the real growth for Adelaide has been.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby tigerpie » Tue May 16, 2023 12:59 pm

Booney wrote:
Brodlach wrote:I think Adelaide media and some supporters need to calm down a little, only won one of our last three.

I disagree, playing some exciting football and bar some lapses in concentration should have beaten GWS and Collingwood and be 7-2.

I keep hearing about "the kids", yes Soligo, Rachele, Thilthorpe, Michalanney etc are quality on the rise but it's the likes of Hinge, Murphy, Milera, Jones, McHenry, Murray, Sholl, Butts all at that 30-70 game mark that means, in AFL terms anyway, you're not a "kid" anymore and they're the ones who are keeping spuds like Himmelberg, Schoenberg, McAdam, Hately out the side. That's where the real growth for Adelaide has been.

Adelaide's rise can be put down to a fit Milera.
Frees up Smith and takes on the tackler breaking lines.
Super important player.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 501 times
Been liked: 431 times

Postby Corona Man » Tue May 16, 2023 2:50 pm

Booney wrote:

FWIW the Melbourne Media are jumping on the Cows bandwagon too. The hype is not all home grown.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1279 times
Been liked: 3488 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby cracka » Tue May 16, 2023 2:53 pm

Not just Adelaide media. Nathan Buckley saying top 6 & could scare some of the top 4 teams.
Think they need to win 1 of the next 2 to be a chance of making finals. Lose both & that puts them on the negative W/L at the half way mark.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 462 times
Been liked: 567 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Booney » Tue May 16, 2023 2:55 pm

cracka wrote:

Not just Adelaide media. Nathan Buckley saying top 6 & could scare some of the top 4 teams.
Think they need to win 1 of the next 2 to be a chance of making finals. Lose both & that puts them on the negative W/L at the half way mark.

Will beat the Bulldogs, not the Lions.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby mots02 » Tue May 16, 2023 3:53 pm

mots02
League - Top 5

Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 881 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby cracka » Wed May 17, 2023 6:07 pm

Booney wrote:
cracka wrote:

Will beat the Bulldogs, not the Lions.

Ummm, apparently resting Tex, Thilthorpe out with knee soreness. Bringing in Himmelberg.
Wanna change your tip
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 462 times
Been liked: 567 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Dutchy » Wed May 17, 2023 11:16 pm

Crows have beaten 1 team that played finals last year and only a 1 win (Hawks) away from home, yep they are showing good signs but have failed in their tests against Richmond, Geelong and Collingwood so far.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2326 times
Been liked: 3506 times

Postby MW » Thu May 18, 2023 9:00 am

Dutchy wrote:Crows have beaten 1 team that played finals last year and only a 1 win (Hawks) away from home, yep they are showing good signs but have failed in their tests against Richmond, Geelong and Collingwood so far.

Don't you know the media landscape these days?
Win a game and you're potentially premiers
Lose a game and the rebuild has failed

Whats that saying? It's never as good as it seems and never as bad as it seems...
MW
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Thu May 18, 2023 1:27 pm

Dutchy wrote:Crows have beaten 1 team that played finals last year and only a 1 win (Hawks) away from home, yep they are showing good signs but have failed in their tests against Richmond, Geelong and Collingwood so far.

Finally someone else gets it. That’s why I said people need to calm down
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby stan » Thu May 18, 2023 3:41 pm

Brodlach wrote:

Finally someone else gets it. That’s why I said people need to calm down
Nah lids off.

Premiership favourites.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1254 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL