RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Re: NORTH EASTERN F/L

Postby DOC » Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:27 pm

Put your cue in the rack and go out with a perfect record.

Well done.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby whufc » Sun Apr 23, 2023 1:07 pm

DOC wrote:Put your cue in the rack and go out with a perfect record.

Well done.

Cheers mate....

Beyond the result yesterday was everything i love about country footy, working on the gate in the morning, coaching during the day, bbq in the afternoon. Surrounded by great people from both clubs, we had our senior colts back for the first time in three years which added to the day. Weather was special

Coaching is a weird buzz... definitely more nervous as a coach compared to playing any sport (i think its the whole not being in control but still caring about the result thing)

20 minute quarters no time on feel like it goes by so quickly.

Great buzz though seeing blokes kick their first goal for the club, win their first game, get an opportunity and play well.

I'm sure by next week i will be grey or bold with seeding really starting to take off.
whufc
Coach

Postby norfoftheborder » Mon Apr 24, 2023 11:04 am

On close a grade game on the weekend the rest blow outs a bit of a bugger! North and Saints both score over 100 points in a perfect day at Blyth bloody good to watch. North missed Jaeschke especially in the third quarter needed a big mark to clear the area and give the backs a rest.

This weekend I got
Saints
North
Min Man
Grand final preview? Bsr because Riverton find a way to fall apart against them everytime for the last five years.
norfoftheborder

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 6 times

Postby whufc » Mon Apr 24, 2023 1:54 pm

norfoftheborder wrote:On close a grade game on the weekend the rest blow outs a bit of a bugger! North and Saints both score over 100 points in a perfect day at Blyth bloody good to watch. North missed Jaeschke especially in the third quarter needed a big mark to clear the area and give the backs a rest.

This weekend I got
Saints
North
Min Man
Grand final preview? Bsr because Riverton find a way to fall apart against them everytime for the last five years.

No surprise to see South and Blyth blown out. If there were bookies them two sides would be favorites for the bottom two places.

Think your bang on about RSMU, they are going to be quality this year. Not sure they will 'just fall apart', they have put together a very good team on paper.
whufc
Coach

Postby Arry Gablett » Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:39 pm

whufc wrote:
norfoftheborder wrote:On close a grade game on the weekend the rest blow outs a bit of a bugger! North and Saints both score over 100 points in a perfect day at Blyth bloody good to watch. North missed Jaeschke especially in the third quarter needed a big mark to clear the area and give the backs a rest.

This weekend I got
Saints
North
Min Man

No surprise to see South and Blyth blown out. If there were bookies them two sides would be favorites for the bottom two places.

Think your bang on about RSMU, they are going to be quality this year. Not sure they will 'just fall apart', they have put together a very good team on paper.

Saints in it to win it this year, although having said that, are burning a number of young locals with their recruiting, recruiting either like for like or in one instance recruiting retired returned older player

Let’s hope they get it done this year and can get over BSR when it counts
Arry Gablett
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 46 times

Postby whufc » Mon Apr 24, 2023 4:45 pm

Arry Gablett wrote:
whufc wrote:

This weekend I got
Saints
North
Min Man

Saints in it to win it this year, although having said that, are burning a number of young locals with their recruiting, recruiting either like for like or in one instance recruiting retired returned older player

Let’s hope they get it done this year and can get over BSR when it counts

Without jinxing anything or sounding too cocky but the top 3 appears on paper to be pretty set......albeit i was surprised by how close North Clare got to the Saints in the A Grade and then even more so at how much the saints destroyed clare in the b grade.

With Latchfield x2, Riggs, Schubert, Sandow, Min Man will be capable of beating anyone on their day, just not sure they 'bat' as deep with talent this year.
whufc
Coach

Postby Arry Gablett » Mon Apr 24, 2023 6:21 pm

Saints have some quality 20-25 in the B GRADE all have played A GRADE seasons and done very well, this always help
Arry Gablett
Under 16s

Postby whufc » Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:50 am

MIN MAN vs BLYTH

A Grade:- Both teams lost comfortably in round 1 but Min Man still have plenty of quality and should easily account for a very young Blyth side at home.

B Grade:- Both sides also lost in round 1 but in a reverse to the A Grade Blyth have far to much talent in their b grade to lose two on the trot.

BBH vs NORTH CLARE

A Grade: - BBH got the win in round 1 and must win this if they are genuinely going to try and crack the top 4. On the other hand North Clare lost but by all reports were really decent especially given some injuries. North Clare will need early wins to build confidence in Cat Meyer. Should be a very close game.

B Grade:- BBH caused the upset of last weekend knocking off the reigning premiers Blyth. North Clare on the other hand were smashed with injuries and got belted by almost 100. I would expect this to be much closer with BBH just winning.

RSMU vs BSR

A Grade:- Both won convincingly in round 1 as expected. Winner will take the two titles, one as the favorites and secondly as the April premiers. :lol:

B Grade: - BSR had a convincing win in round 1 whilst Riverton lost to fellow strugglers South Clare. B Grade footy throws up weird results however so nothing is a given.

SOUTH CLARE vs SOUTHERN SAINTS

A Grade: - Southern Saints only just got over North Clare whilst South Clare got smashed by RSMU. Sadly for South Clare im not sure they can get within 6 goal of the Saints.

B Grade: - South Clare equalled their total wins for last season in round 1 with a win over fellow b grade struggler Riverton. Sadly for South i think the fun will be short lived with the Saints looking red hot early.
whufc
Coach

Postby Arry Gablett » Sun Apr 30, 2023 8:53 pm

whufc wrote:MIN MAN vs BLYTH

A Grade:- Both teams lost comfortably in round 1 but Min Man still have plenty of quality and should easily account for a very young Blyth side at home.

B Grade:- Both sides also lost in round 1 but in a reverse to the A Grade Blyth have far to much talent in their b grade to lose two on the trot.

BBH vs NORTH CLARE

A Grade: - BBH got the win in round 1 and must win this if they are genuinely going to try and crack the top 4. On the other hand North Clare lost but by all reports were really decent especially given some injuries. North Clare will need early wins to build confidence in Cat Meyer. Should be a very close game.

B Grade:- BBH caused the upset of last weekend knocking off the reigning premiers Blyth. North Clare on the other hand were smashed with injuries and got belted by almost 100. I would expect this to be much closer with BBH just winning.

RSMU vs BSR

A Grade:- Both won convincingly in round 1 as expected. Winner will take the two titles, one as the favorites and secondly as the April premiers. :lol:

B Grade: - BSR had a convincing win in round 1 whilst Riverton lost to fellow strugglers South Clare. B Grade footy throws up weird results however so nothing is a given.

SOUTH CLARE vs SOUTHERN SAINTS

A Grade: - Southern Saints only just got over North Clare whilst South Clare got smashed by RSMU. Sadly for South Clare im not sure they can get within 6 goal of the Saints.

B Grade: - South Clare equalled their total wins for last season in round 1 with a win over fellow b grade struggler Riverton. Sadly for South i think the fun will be short lived with the Saints looking red hot early.

BSR flag favourites after Saturday

RSMU still no good against the better teams # flag track bullies

North will be make up the 4 with BSR Saints and RSMU
Arry Gablett
Under 16s

Postby whufc » Mon May 01, 2023 9:11 am

Didn't catch heaps of the A Grade on the weekend but had BSR kicked straight it could have been a real flogging.

Agree about North Clare they look improved albeit they're B grade has lost by 100pts consecutively so not a whole lot of depth there.

Saints going under the radar in the A grade.......what happened to their b grade or have South Clare improved that much in the b's.
whufc
Coach

Postby Arry Gablett » Mon May 01, 2023 3:22 pm

whufc wrote:Didn't catch heaps of the A Grade on the weekend but had BSR kicked straight it could have been a real flogging.

Agree about North Clare they look improved albeit they're B grade has lost by 100pts consecutively so not a whole lot of depth there.

Saints going under the radar in the A grade.......what happened to their b grade or have South Clare improved that much in the b's.

I think south have improved in the B grade

For the saints A grade all that matters is what happens in September, although a couple of their recruits not living up to the hype $$$$ at this stage
Arry Gablett
Under 16s

Postby whufc » Sun May 07, 2023 10:55 am

A couple of good wine for BSR to take both sides to 3-0

A grade was sadly as one sided affair as you will see in this league….50 scoring shots to 5. South are in serious trouble late in the year if they come up against a good side needing percentage.
whufc
Coach

Postby whufc » Mon May 08, 2023 11:11 am

Sadly for the neutral as well the A Grade comp seems to be exactly how most predicted.

Top 4 a game clear is BSR, SS, RIV, MIN MAN who everyone thought would make up the top 4.

North Clare look slightly improved but probably not enough to make the top 4. Despite a good start they could end up being 1-5 with Riv and BSR to play.

Blyth and South Clare looking miles off the pace at this stage in the A Grade....hope this doesn't bite me on the arse with Blyth to play but judging of the results.

B Grade on the other hand looks the complete opposite.

Can't pick Southern Saints from one week to the next. Min Man on the improve each week. Last year's bottom sides Riverton and South Clare definitely have improved. BSR 3-0 but played 3 teams that might not make the finals. Burra and Blyth to start the stack sooner rather than later as well. ;) :lol:
whufc
Coach

Postby Arry Gablett » Mon May 08, 2023 7:35 pm

whufc wrote:Sadly for the neutral as well the A Grade comp seems to be exactly how most predicted.

Top 4 a game clear is BSR, SS, RIV, MIN MAN who everyone thought would make up the top 4.

North Clare look slightly improved but probably not enough to make the top 4. Despite a good start they could end up being 1-5 with Riv and BSR to play.

Blyth and South Clare looking miles off the pace at this stage in the A Grade....hope this doesn't bite me on the arse with Blyth to play but judging of the results.

Can't pick Southern Saints from one week to the next. Min Man on the improve each week. Last year's bottom sides Riverton and South Clare definitely have improved. BSR 3-0 but played 3 teams that might not make the finals. Burra and Blyth to start the stack sooner rather than later as well. ;) :lol:

Agree with all this

A grade race in 4 but I’m gonna stick with north till the end of the first round

B grade I’d say south will start stacking but I think their B grade would beat the A grade at this stage anyway
Arry Gablett
Under 16s

Postby whufc » Tue May 09, 2023 7:50 am

Arry Gablett wrote:
whufc wrote:Sadly for the neutral as well the A Grade comp seems to be exactly how most predicted.

Agree with all this

A grade race in 4 but I’m gonna stick with north till the end of the first round

B grade I’d say south will start stacking but I think their B grade would beat the A grade at this stage anyway

Yeah at potentially 1-5 North will look poor if they don't lose confidence they should go and beat South and Blyth to finish the first round at worst case 3-5 and a big chance in the second half of the year. They always play real well against BSR so nothing is off the cards there.

Yeah was a bit sad to watch 3-4 blokes in Souths b grade who are clearly better than most in their A Grade. The good times will end at BSR one day but i hope if I'm involved, we never get to a point where the b grade is better or equal to the a grade like we are seeing at South and Blyth at the moment.
whufc
Coach

Postby Arry Gablett » Tue May 09, 2023 12:29 pm

I agree totally
The club success is paramount and the A grade team at any club in any sport should be filled first

Overtime a lot of blokes have built reputations playing at levels that they are clearly too good for, I’ve never rated this

B grade flags are nice but don’t build club credibility or long lasting success
Arry Gablett
Under 16s

Postby whufc » Tue May 09, 2023 12:43 pm

I guess the hard part is nearly all clubs in the NEFL are struggling to fill their b grade especially pre and during seeding.

If you have a bloke who says he can play but will only play b grade most clubs are that desperate for numbers, they have no choice but to allow it.

Problem ends up though especially when you look at South is they are going to struggle to recruit blokes unless they pay massive overs to come to a terrible side, then you have the young lads who don't develop when you're getting whacked each week and spending 4 quarters chasing arse. We even see that at AFL level with the likes of Carlton and Gold Coast when they went all in with just young lads.

Tough spot to be in and a hard cycle to get out of. South have enough good and passionate people around their club they can turn it around. Just might take a few years.
whufc
Coach

Postby norfoftheborder » Sat May 13, 2023 6:31 pm

Would you believe me if I said North Clare beat Riverton for the first time at Riverton for 20 years!
norfoftheborder

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 6 times

Postby whufc » Sun May 14, 2023 4:18 am

norfoftheborder wrote:Would you believe me if I said North Clare beat Riverton for the first time at Riverton for 20 years!

Brilliant win!!!! Cat has North going along very nicely!
whufc
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy