North Melbourne

Talk on the national game

Re: North Melbourne

Postby amber_fluid » Thu May 18, 2023 10:38 am

SEN reporting that Clarko is stepping aside indefinitely to focus on his health.
Ratten to take over the reigns
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby MW » Thu May 18, 2023 10:41 am

this Hawks racism saga needs to be finalised once and for all for everyones sake.
For a guy like Clarko to be affected like this goes to show the affect it is having on people.

Also people will speculate is the stress caused by guilt, or innocence being accused?
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Thu May 18, 2023 11:01 am

This was meant to be over in a matter of weeks according to Gill......
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3582 times

North Melbourne

Postby Jim05 » Thu May 18, 2023 11:04 am

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:This was meant to be over in a matter of weeks according to Gill......
AFL house still looking for a bigger rug
Gil would’ve hoped it would all just “disappear”
Last edited by Jim05 on Thu May 18, 2023 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby amber_fluid » Thu May 18, 2023 11:05 am

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:This was meant to be over in a matter of weeks according to Gill......

What could be possibly holding this up and taking this long given they haven’t even spoken to Clarko or Fagan yet?
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Eagles2014 » Thu May 18, 2023 11:05 am

MW wrote:this Hawks racism saga needs to be finalised once and for all for everyones sake.
For a guy like Clarko to be affected like this goes to show the affect it is having on people.

Also people will speculate is the stress caused by guilt, or innocence being accused?

Not great for all involved. Been handled terribly. Will be lots of law suits after this is all over, can see it now :shock:
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 524 times

Postby Dutchy » Thu May 18, 2023 11:06 am

MW wrote:this Hawks racism saga needs to be finalised once and for all for everyones sake.

It would be the unknown that is killing him, AFL have handled this poorly once again, just trying to work out a manufactured outcome :roll:

Massive kudos for the footy club supporting him all the way thru this.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby tigerpie » Thu May 18, 2023 11:10 am

This is shit news for North.
It's going to drag on and end up a he said she said fiasco.
I feel for all parties concerned.
Clarkos presser last week, the strain he is feeling is obvious.
Looked like he was a heartbeat away from breaking down.
I just hope there is some resolution soon.
Can't imagine how frustrated Clarkson, Fagan and Burt would be feeling.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 498 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Thu May 18, 2023 11:11 am

Jim05 wrote:
AFL house still looking for a bigger rug
Gil would’ve hoped it would all just “disappear”
Gill too busy worried about Tassie

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Thu May 18, 2023 11:16 am

amber_fluid wrote:

What could be possibly holding this up and taking this long given they haven’t even spoken to Clarko or Fagan yet?
Who knows, there are varying reports flying about.
Most of it stems from the side raising the accusations of not being willing to put forward exactly what it is they are trying to allege were the failings of the accused.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby gadj1976 » Thu May 18, 2023 11:21 am

amber_fluid wrote:SEN reporting that Clarko is stepping aside indefinitely to focus on his health.
Ratten to take over the reigns

I don't think it helped that the media heaped fuel on the 'feud' between Clarko and Mitchell. Which was pure clickbait.

That and the ongoing issue with the AFL's investigation and trying to get a side - which in any normal year would be an 18th side on the ladder, to rise as quickly as possible - must be weighing heavily upon him.

I hope Ratts is able to get the best of the group for what might be an unknown period of time.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 795 times
Been liked: 849 times

Postby tigerpie » Thu May 18, 2023 12:56 pm

I have a feeling the game may lose Clarkson for good.
We all know he's a hard unit so for him to be affected so badly he has to step away is testament to how much it's affected him.
Huge loss if that's the case.
What I don't understand is that the people making the allegations seem to be non-cooperative.
I would've thought they'd want some resolution and as quickly as possible so they can move on.
You make an allegation then it gets investigated to it's full extent.
It doesn't help when Eddy Betts comes out and says categorically that he believes the allegations.... without hearing the accused side of the story.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Postby DOC » Thu May 18, 2023 2:16 pm

amber_fluid wrote:

Lawyers.

They can and will drag it out for as long as possible as they are paid per hour. Ask yourself how we get to the ridiculous numbers we see for "legal costs" in trials especially where they are dragged on and on after days of smoke and mirrors.

It is complete and utter incompetence to appoint lawyers to do an investigation.

If you are murdered do lawyers investigate? How about a fatal car crash? Do we send the lawyers in?

Politicians (make no mistake that is what Gill is as well) love to appoint lawyers (think ICAC's) to do work they are not trained for and in many instances have very little ability. It's almost like many politicians were/are lawyers as well...
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby RustyCage » Thu May 18, 2023 2:23 pm

The media vultures have a lot to answer for
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby daysofourlives » Thu May 18, 2023 6:03 pm

From what i can gather, the people making the allegations arent willing to speak to the investigators, correct??

Now if this was anyone else, any other group of people, they would be told if youre not going to speak we will have no other option but to close the investigation and move on. Not that this helps Clarkson, Fagan or Burt as mud sticks but this is the way it should go. The tip toeing through the tulips because the accusers are indigenous is the problem here. None of this is politically correct so its not an option the AFL will take.
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby MW » Thu May 18, 2023 6:23 pm

daysofourlives wrote:From what i can gather, the people making the allegations arent willing to speak to the investigators, correct??

Now if this was anyone else, any other group of people, they would be told if youre not going to speak we will have no other option but to close the investigation and move on. Not that this helps Clarkson, Fagan or Burt as mud sticks but this is the way it should go. The tip toeing through the tulips because the accusers are indigenous is the problem here. None of this is politically correct so its not an option the AFL will take.

Clarkson's comment re. Hawthorns involvement/handling n this tells me more than the indigenous families not talking... maybe Hawthorn hierarchy are more complicit than we think...
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby Dutchy » Thu May 18, 2023 9:33 pm

daysofourlives wrote:From what i can gather, the people making the allegations arent willing to speak to the investigators, correct??

The indigenous lads have been let down by the AFL also here, 8 months and nothing has happened, 8 months and zero leadership by the AFL.

Jordan Lewis was very strong on 360 tonight about how the Hawks have handled this, sounds like they have made some serious errors here.

Frustratingly North cop the fall out from this despite having no role in it at all.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Dutchy » Thu May 18, 2023 9:36 pm

In positive news George Wardlaw makes his debut, pick 4 from last year, looking forward to seeing him go around
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby tigerpie » Thu May 18, 2023 10:31 pm

Dutchy wrote:

The indigenous lads have been let down by the AFL also here, 8 months and nothing has happened, 8 months and zero leadership by the AFL.

Jordan Lewis was very strong on 360 tonight about how the Hawks have handled this, sounds like they have made some serious errors here.

Frustratingly North cop the fall out from this despite having no role in it at all.

It's out of the AFL hands isn't it.
The accusers wanted an independent enquiry outside of the AFL or have I got that wrong?
Isn't it the accusers holding up progress?

Love to know who Lewis couldn't look in the eye. Past and current employees or club people he said.

And yes unfortunately North cop it in the neck.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Postby Dutchy » Thu May 18, 2023 10:42 pm

There has been some to and fro between the parties but at the end of the day the AFL is leading and mediating this
Dutchy
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL