North Melbourne

Talk on the national game

Re: North Melbourne

Postby whufc » Fri May 19, 2023 10:24 am

Dutchy wrote:There has been some to and fro between the parties but at the end of the day the AFL is leading and mediating this

Which is fine but i also don't think it would be unreasonable for the accusers to want an independent investigation.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5588 times
Been liked: 2527 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby amber_fluid » Fri May 19, 2023 11:00 am

Dutchy wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:From what i can gather, the people making the allegations arent willing to speak to the investigators, correct??

Now if this was anyone else, any other group of people, they would be told if youre not going to speak we will have no other option but to close the investigation and move on. Not that this helps Clarkson, Fagan or Burt as mud sticks but this is the way it should go. The tip toeing through the tulips because the accusers are indigenous is the problem here. None of this is politically correct so its not an option the AFL will take.

The indigenous lads have been let down by the AFL also here, 8 months and nothing has happened, 8 months and zero leadership by the AFL.

Jordan Lewis was very strong on 360 tonight about how the Hawks have handled this, sounds like they have made some serious errors here.

Frustratingly North cop the fall out from this despite having no role in it at all.

What realistically can the AFL do if the indigenous lads refuse to be interviewed as has been mentioned?
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2224 times
Been liked: 2518 times

Postby whufc » Fri May 19, 2023 11:15 am

Isnt it that they are unwilling to be interviewed as part of an AFL run investigation.

If it was an independent investigation, they would have no problems being interviewed.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5588 times
Been liked: 2527 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby gadj1976 » Fri May 19, 2023 11:19 am

amber_fluid wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:From what i can gather, the people making the allegations arent willing to speak to the investigators, correct??

Now if this was anyone else, any other group of people, they would be told if youre not going to speak we will have no other option but to close the investigation and move on. Not that this helps Clarkson, Fagan or Burt as mud sticks but this is the way it should go. The tip toeing through the tulips because the accusers are indigenous is the problem here. None of this is politically correct so its not an option the AFL will take.

The indigenous lads have been let down by the AFL also here, 8 months and nothing has happened, 8 months and zero leadership by the AFL.

Jordan Lewis was very strong on 360 tonight about how the Hawks have handled this, sounds like they have made some serious errors here.

Frustratingly North cop the fall out from this despite having no role in it at all.

What realistically can the AFL do if the indigenous lads refuse to be interviewed as has been mentioned?

Close it and move on.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 796 times
Been liked: 850 times

Postby Jim05 » Fri May 19, 2023 11:21 am

amber_fluid wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

Perhaps they will take it to court and out of the AFL’s hands
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Wedgie » Fri May 19, 2023 11:23 am

It was reported 4 months ago that most of the families had agreed to take part in the league's investigation.
I can understand why some wouldn't since they'd already taken part in Hawthorn's investigation and none of the findings were acted upon nor did it remain confidential.
Let's not assinate the true victims here.

Isn't one of the main holdups because the author of the original report won't take part but that is because he signed a non-disclosure agreement with Hawthorn when writing the review?

Going by Jordan Lewis's reaction last night the main source of everyone's anger atm is the Hawthorn Footy Club.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2042 times
Been liked: 3887 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Corona Man » Fri May 19, 2023 11:35 am

Wedgie wrote:It was reported 4 months ago that most of the families had agreed to take part in the league's investigation.
I can understand why some wouldn't since they'd already taken part in Hawthorn's investigation and none of the findings were acted upon nor did it remain confidential.

Isn't one of the main holdups because the author of the original report won't take part but that is because he signed a non-disclosure agreement with Hawthorn when writing the review?

Going by Jordan Lewis's reaction last night the main source of everyone's anger atm is the Hawthorn Footy Club.

Jeff Kennett had a different spin on this, on SEN this morning.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1278 times
Been liked: 3485 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Wedgie » Fri May 19, 2023 11:41 am

Corona Man wrote:
Wedgie wrote:It was reported 4 months ago that most of the families had agreed to take part in the league's investigation.

Jeff Kennett would
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2042 times
Been liked: 3887 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Corona Man » Fri May 19, 2023 11:48 am

Wedgie wrote:
Corona Man wrote:

Jeff Kennett would

I didn't even attempt to write what Jeff said. I have no idea where the truth actually lies in all of this. The fact that Clarkson has walked on North now...... what does that imply? We are just mere punters having our 2 cents worth. In some ways I doubt the full truth, either way, will ever be known, nor an acceptable outcome for anyone be achieved. As a previous poster said, the only winners here are the lawyers.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Postby gadj1976 » Fri May 19, 2023 11:51 am

Corona Man wrote:
Wedgie wrote:
Corona Man wrote:

Jeff Kennett would

I didn't even attempt to write what Jeff said. I have no idea where the truth actually lies in all of this. The fact that Clarkson has walked on North now...... what does that imply? We are just mere punters having our 2 cents worth. In some ways I doubt the full truth, either way, will ever be known, nor an acceptable outcome for anyone be achieved. As a previous poster said, the only winners here are the lawyers.

Again!

When do they lose?
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 796 times
Been liked: 850 times

Postby Dutchy » Fri May 19, 2023 11:53 am

The great thing about footy is it looks after its community and its people, except when it gets to the top level it seems. The delays hurt everyone involved in the process and the AFL are the only ones who can (and should) bring this to a head, show some f***ing leadership.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2322 times
Been liked: 3496 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Fri May 19, 2023 11:54 am

Dutchy wrote:The great thing about footy is it looks after its community and its people, except when it gets to the top level it seems. The delays hurt everyone involved in the process and the AFL are the only ones who can (and should) bring this to a head, show some f***ing leadership.
Leadership from who though
Gill or the Dilll?
Unlikely to come from anyone at afl house.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11840 times
Been liked: 3598 times

Postby Dutchy » Fri May 19, 2023 11:57 am

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:The great thing about footy is it looks after its community and its people, except when it gets to the top level it seems. The delays hurt everyone involved in the process and the AFL are the only ones who can (and should) bring this to a head, show some f***ing leadership.
Gill or the Dilll?

Any of the 7 executives who all earn $1m+ from the game you would think
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2322 times
Been liked: 3496 times

Postby Corona Man » Fri May 19, 2023 12:00 pm

Dutchy wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
Gill or the Dilll?

Any of the 7 executives who all earn $1m+ from the game you would think

It was put into the hands of the AFL integrity department.... and that's where it's stopped... it would seem.
Corona Man
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Fri May 19, 2023 12:24 pm

Corona Man wrote:

The same Kennett that has a collection of over 100 Golliwogs with his favourite one called “Buddy” and dressed in Hawks gear?
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby DOC » Fri May 19, 2023 12:28 pm

Dillon was compromised the day he appointed his great mate Bernard Quinn to run the investigation. He also has three other barristers on the panel. They have subsequently appointed two mediators (despite there not being one minute of mediation, nice work if you can get it).

The daily bill for these six is probably north of 25k per day.

Despite being asked by the client (the AFL) to report by December 31, the gravy train is in full motion. Quinn will not finalise this. Ever.

The sum total of investigation according to Quinn is the panel has conducted multiple interviews (I would say this is probably no more than 4 or he would have quantified it ) and received 20 statements. Yep received.

Quinn has requested 37000 documents from Hawthorn which they expect to receive soon.

Any review of 37000 documents will take an eternity. That's why he has done it.

Clarkson, Fagan and Burt will probably die before they are interviewed.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 729 times
Been liked: 2084 times

Postby tigerpie » Fri May 19, 2023 2:15 pm

DOC wrote:Dillon was compromised the day he appointed his great mate Bernard Quinn to run the investigation. He also has three other barristers on the panel. They have subsequently appointed two mediators (despite there not being one minute of mediation, nice work if you can get it).

The daily bill for these six is probably north of 25k per day.

Despite being asked by the client (the AFL) to report by December 31, the gravy train is in full motion. Quinn will not finalise this. Ever.

The sum total of investigation according to Quinn is the panel has conducted multiple interviews (I would say this is probably no more than 4 or he would have quantified it ) and received 20 statements. Yep received.

Quinn has requested 37000 documents from Hawthorn which they expect to receive soon.

Any review of 37000 documents will take an eternity. That's why he has done it.

Clarkson, Fagan and Burt will probably die before they are interviewed.

37000 documents are you ***king kidding me?
I'm thinking some zeros have been accidentally added.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 500 times
Been liked: 431 times

Postby DOC » Fri May 19, 2023 3:20 pm

Nope.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 729 times
Been liked: 2084 times

Postby Corona Man » Fri May 19, 2023 3:35 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Corona Man wrote:

The same Kennett that has a collection of over 100 Golliwogs with his favourite one called “Buddy” and dressed in Hawks gear?

WTF? I just googled that, it's a thing. Weirdo.
Corona Man
Coach

Postby tigerpie » Fri May 19, 2023 6:13 pm

DOC wrote:Nope.

If that number is accurate this won't be sorted for at least another 2 years.
It's a piss take surely.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 500 times
Been liked: 431 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL