5%
West Croydon
No votes
Woodville South
5%

Total votes : 42

Re: 2023 Adelaide Footy League - Division 5

Postby Yeahright » Sat May 06, 2023 11:10 pm

RunNCarry13 wrote:You’re a Mong, old mate. Stick to eating cupcakes and sitting behind the screen.

Gepps would want to knock off epfc an Blackfriars by more if they are to go through undefeated especially after Eliz just knocked off Blackfriars, you Mong!
Yeahright
Mini-League

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Postby guru36 » Sat May 06, 2023 11:22 pm

Looks like Kilburns recruits are starting to gel after 3 rounds kicking 23 goals in 3 quarters today think Gepps X won't have it all there way like some pundits predicted and Kilburn will only get better I feel
guru36
Mini-League

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 2 times

Postby Footy Chick » Sat May 06, 2023 11:43 pm

RunNCarry13 wrote:You’re a Mong, old mate. Stick to eating cupcakes and sitting behind the screen.

Oi!

let's not call people names please.

and there's nothing wrong with cupcakes :lol:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Old_mate21 » Sun May 07, 2023 11:30 am

Ha Ha don’t let something you read on a screen in a forum upset you. I know you will say it didn’t but you felt the need to respond. Also I have to be behind the screen to be on this forum. News flash for you, you are also behind a screen. :lol:

As Footy Chick said, there is nothing wrong with cupcakes. If you are going to reply again please make it witty and not waste everyone’s time.
Old_mate21
Rookie

Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 39 times

Postby one day I will » Sun May 07, 2023 11:56 am

one day I will wrote:What an outstanding side Gepps Cross A grade were Saturday. Wowee!!!!
Early call, but I reckon they could go undefeated this year unless they get injuries.
Didn’t give us an inch all day.
The big experienced bodies on every line connected so well and continually worked for each other.
Not the ideal start for us but we will move on and hopefully be more competitive this week.

Just for the record.
I said “Could” go undefeated, I never said they will.
And so far they are.
Thanks ladies Xxxxx
one day I will
Under 16s

Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 23 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Old_mate21 » Mon May 08, 2023 9:13 pm

You said they could go undefeated because they beat an average Elizabeth side.
Old_mate21
Rookie

Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 39 times

Postby one day I will » Tue May 09, 2023 2:30 pm

Old_mate21 wrote:You said they could go undefeated because they beat an average Elizabeth side.

And and average Eastern park and Blackfriars sides.
There is no point getting ya knickers in a twist over it!!!
I just thought they were pretty good. You must think otherwise!
one day I will
Under 16s

Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 23 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Brodlach » Fri May 12, 2023 4:50 pm

Just looking at selected teams and noticed that TOS have forfeited the B Grade yet the C Grade is playing. How can that be allowed?
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Brodlach » Fri May 12, 2023 4:52 pm

Blackfriars pull their C Grade team too Now two teams on a bye each week
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Postby bloods08 » Fri May 12, 2023 5:33 pm

TOS have forfeited their C Grade. Looks like it’s been entered wrong.

I believe C5 will have a new fixture to be finalised soon. Gepps played round 1, forfeit round 2, then a bye and now another forfeit against.
Go you Redbacks!
bloods08
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 13 times

Postby Brodlach » Fri May 12, 2023 7:59 pm

bloods08 wrote:TOS have forfeited their C Grade. Looks like it’s been entered wrong.

I believe C5 will have a new fixture to be finalised soon. Gepps played round 1, forfeit round 2, then a bye and now another forfeit against.

That’s unlucky
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon May 15, 2023 12:48 pm

This weekend is going to be a massive round for a few clubs.

The resurgent Elizabeth host Trinity who have wobbled a bit the last couple weeks, whilst West Croydon travel to face Pulteney. Eastern park vs Blackfriars the other match shaping as vitally important.

After this weekend this division will begin opening up - For TOS and WC they wont want to find themselves at the foot of the ladder after earning promotion this season. A Pulteney loss would see them spiraling back towards D6 - a sharp fall since working their way up to D4 not that long ago.

Blackfriars and Eastern Park also wont want to find themselves in that bottom grouping.

On the flip side, victories to any of these sides will see them in that top 5 mix, but I feel like Kilburn and Gepps Cross are just beginning to wind up, the rest are fighting for minor placings.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3999 times

Postby The Bedge » Tue May 23, 2023 11:09 am

Another week.. another critical round of games.

Pulteney scraping over the top of West Croydon has left the Hawks at the foot of the table, whilst Woody Sth, Elizabeth and CLG copped serious blows to their percentages.

As a result of last weekend, two sides (Kilburn / Gepps Cross) find themselves at the top of the ladder undefeated, CLG a game back, then a serious log-jam from 4th to 8th with everyone on 2 wins. Eastern Park and West Croydon behind them on one win, but with a reasonable percentage.

Trinity host Blackfriars - the winning will move clear into the top 5, and find themselves in 4th position after this round.

CLG will be looking to bounce back against Eastern Park, who have had their struggles this season. Mortlock wont scare the Demons though, with similar ground to their own. A win for EP would see them lift into finals calculations again, whilst a loss condemns them to the bottom two. CLG will be looking to keep their buffer on the double chance.

Kilburn will belt Pulteney and remain undefeated.

Woodville South vs Elizabeth is probably the most critical match - the winner moves clear of the bottom 2, the loser stares down the barrel of a dogfight to avoid relegation. Each side is capable on it's day, but inconsistent at best.

Finally West Croydon host the undefeated Gepps Cross. The Hawks need to get a wriggle on if they're to fire a shot this season and avoid a direct return to D6 in 2024.

Predicted ladder after Rd 6:
12 - Kilburn
12 - Gepps Cross
08 - Colonel Light Gardens
06 - Trinity OS
06 - Woodville South
-----------------------------
04 - Blackfriars OS
04 - Pulteney OS
04 - Elizabeth
02 - Eastern Park
02 - West Croydon
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3999 times

Postby whufc » Tue May 23, 2023 11:14 am

EP seem to have been in most games at 3/4 time, unusually though chased down by Elizabeth on there home deck. Normally if EP lead at home that is the game done.

Moments of undiscipline have also hurt them from what ive seen on dartfish.

Tidy that up as they get enough scoring shots each week, even against Gepps Cross they had more scoring shots.

scoring shots (EP first)
EP 22 vs BF 26
EP 24 vs ELI 26
EP 22 vs GC 21
EP 39 vs Pult 23

Alot of their misses looked to be set shots from on or just outside 50.

Dont reckon they are that far off the mark.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5588 times
Been liked: 2529 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Brodlach » Wed May 24, 2023 12:28 pm

C Grade rejigged due to a bye and a withdrawal of BOS

CLG now play TOS 4 times, Elizabeth 3 times (twice out there in 3 weeks) in a 16 game season. I know it’s tough to do the fixture but to send a C Grade team to the other side of the state without the other grades so many times is ridiculous. TOS play Elizabeth twice for the season and they are 10 minutes apart.
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach
Coach

Postby Sticks28 » Wed May 24, 2023 12:52 pm

Brodlach wrote:C Grade rejigged due to a bye and a withdrawal of BOS

CLG now play TOS 4 times, Elizabeth 3 times (twice out there in 3 weeks) in a 16 game season. I know it’s tough to do the fixture but to send a C Grade team to the other side of the state without the other grades so many times is ridiculous. TOS play Elizabeth twice for the season and they are 10 minutes apart.

Yeah that seems very strange - but look on the positive side at least you'll gain some nice % wins
Sticks28
Under 16s

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 19 times

Postby Brodlach » Wed May 24, 2023 12:55 pm

I’m speaking on behalf of a parent that likes to watch not the club also, just to be clear.

Maybe but traditionally hard to get C grade teams up for games an hour away
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach
Coach

Postby Chappy » Wed May 24, 2023 12:56 pm

Brodlach wrote:C Grade rejigged due to a bye and a withdrawal of BOS

Very hard in regards to volunteers, Especially the long trips like that. Not going to pretend I know a better way to do it but makes it tough.

I think some clubs underestimate how many players you need to commit to 3 sides. I know at Kenilworth we forfeited a C grade game ( Had something like 33 or more out across the grades.
With current levels of commitment - particularly B & C grade players, you need 75-80 minimum + 10 blokes who will pull on the boots if desperate.
Chappy
Rookie

Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 20 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Password Please » Wed May 24, 2023 7:01 pm

It's tough, some clubs need to bite the bullet and consider amalgamating, their history never leaves them but then they can survive.
Times will never get any easier, double the volunteers available and move on, embrace the future.
Password Please

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Pooraka

Postby Hector » Fri May 26, 2023 2:55 pm

Password Please wrote:It's tough, some clubs need to bite the bullet and consider amalgamating, their history never leaves them but then they can survive.
Times will never get any easier, double the volunteers available and move on, embrace the future.

So if a club can't get 3 sides but fill 2 and have womens footy, they should merge with another club?
Hector
Rookie

Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 33 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League