8%
Portland
No votes
Walkerville
4%

Total votes : 25

Re: 2023 Adelaide Footy League - Division 4

Postby Down the Hill » Sun May 21, 2023 10:49 am

Must admit that I thought LK was correct with the same league transfer not being applicable to the 5 A grade game rule. But hidden away in 9.4 indicates each division is deemed to be a different league for the purpose of this rule. I’m still fairly sure this was more applicable to a Hills league or any other league where promotion and relegation isn’t an automatic thing and that it doesn’t apply to AdFL but it doesn’t read that way.
Last edited by Down the Hill on Sun May 21, 2023 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 276 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby Mr Beefy » Sun May 21, 2023 11:17 am

LaughingKookaburra wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:
jo172 wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:Interested to know how one of Lockleys recruits is classed as an 0 pointer when they played 8 games of A grade footy last season in div 3 and is not a former junior of Lockleys. Hope they haven't made an error while they have played with 15 points in all their wins.

8 games isn’t much in a year? Did he play 10 games of Bs? Then would be 0?

clause 8.8.3.2 in the apps stipulates 1 pointer

Maybe also check 8.8.3.3….
Maybe check 9.4
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby scottroo » Sun May 21, 2023 12:15 pm

ADFL to ADFL needs to be a clear majority to be points

There’s no 5 game of A Grade rule
scottroo
League - Best 21

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 172 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Sticks28 » Sun May 21, 2023 8:28 pm

Calderbank under the pump - thought mitcham would take a giant leap after last year. Suprised to see walkerville struggling aswell.
Sticks28
Under 16s

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 19 times

Postby Footy Chick » Sun May 21, 2023 9:20 pm

Sticks28 wrote:Calderbank under the pump - .

What's new :lol:

Suprised to see walkerville struggling as well.

This also surprises me, and they're not getting flogged, no result has been more than around 20 points, either way
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Yungmuney » Mon May 22, 2023 11:17 am

What is going on at Mitcham?

Have they had a turn over of players? Finished so promisingly last year and now haven’t fired a shot again?
Yungmuney
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Aldinga

Postby Chappy » Mon May 22, 2023 12:31 pm

Yungmuney wrote:What is going on at Mitcham?

Have they had a turn over of players? Finished so promisingly last year and now haven’t fired a shot again?

Poor discipline when the game was on the line in the last. 2 Yellows, one of which straight after Kenilworth kicked a goal to go 18 up. Resulting in a shot right in front of goal, making it 24. Game done.
Chappy
Rookie

Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 20 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Password Please » Mon May 22, 2023 3:02 pm

I've seen some terrible umpiring in my time but the CBC v Pooraka game on the weekend takes the cake, there would not be one CBC fan or player that could dispute it.
Take while you can i guess.
Can't wait for the return bout at Pooraka.
Play on.
Password Please

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Pooraka

Postby Yank Man » Mon May 22, 2023 6:26 pm

Chappy wrote:

Poor discipline when the game was on the line in the last. 2 Yellows, one of which straight after Kenilworth kicked a goal to go 18 up. Resulting in a shot right in front of goal, making it 24. Game done.

Yungmuney…. They have lost 8 starting A graders from that good 2nd half last year for various reasons, returning home to country or club of origin, going oversees and season ending injuries and haven’t been able to recruit enough quality to replace them.

Chappy….. yes their discipline was nothing short of disgraceful not only when the game was on the line but at various stages of the game when the heat was on. Again the Kookas got inside their heads and they couldn’t handle it. I love the rivalry but your boys hold the chocolates in the mind games at this point. I’m not involved this year so I don’t have to defend them but what I saw Saturday didn’t make me too proud of a group I have been involved with.

Finally, all speculation will take place but it’s not the coach. You can’t coach bad discipline and lack of effort. A coach is only as good as his playing group.
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 317 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby The Bedge » Mon May 22, 2023 6:43 pm

Yank Man wrote:Finally, all speculation will take place but it’s not the coach. You can’t coach bad discipline and lack of effort. A coach is only as good as his playing group.

On the contrary, I would think those are two things the coach can & should have a direct impact on.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3996 times

Postby Sticks28 » Mon May 22, 2023 8:27 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Yank Man wrote:Finally, all speculation will take place but it’s not the coach. You can’t coach bad discipline and lack of effort. A coach is only as good as his playing group.

On the contrary, I would think those are two things the coach can & should have a direct impact on.

Couldn’t agree more - all starts from the leader.
Sticks28
Under 16s

Postby Bluedemon » Wed May 24, 2023 2:28 pm

Sticks28 wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

Couldn’t agree more - all starts from the leader.

Agree, the coach can control this.
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 97 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby hollywood7477 » Wed May 24, 2023 2:42 pm

Yank Man wrote:
Chappy wrote:

Yungmuney…. They have lost 8 starting A graders from that good 2nd half last year for various reasons, returning home to country or club of origin, going oversees and season ending injuries and haven’t been able to recruit enough quality to replace them.

Chappy….. yes their discipline was nothing short of disgraceful not only when the game was on the line but at various stages of the game when the heat was on. Again the Kookas got inside their heads and they couldn’t handle it. I love the rivalry but your boys hold the chocolates in the mind games at this point. I’m not involved this year so I don’t have to defend them but what I saw Saturday didn’t make me too proud of a group I have been involved with.

Finally, all speculation will take place but it’s not the coach. You can’t coach bad discipline and lack of effort. A coach is only as good as his playing group.

Yank Man is good mate with JC and he is just trying to deflect the fact JC is massively under pressure.
Couldn’t see him continue at Mitcham if they are relegated.

Discipline you can control and you can control effort to an extent. Mitcham’s Bs seem to be going ok, maybe put the undisciplined few in the Bs!!!
hollywood7477
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 72 times

Postby Sticks28 » Wed May 24, 2023 2:48 pm

hollywood7477 wrote:
Yank Man wrote:
Chappy wrote:

Yank Man is good mate with JC and he is just trying to deflect the fact JC is massively under pressure.
Couldn’t see him continue at Mitcham if they are relegated.

Discipline you can control and you can control effort to an extent. Mitcham’s Bs seem to be going ok, maybe put the undisciplined few in the Bs!!!

Interesting to see if he does last the year - if they keep losing the way they do & appear to be in a relegation battle will he just pack up & go?
Sticks28
Under 16s

Postby scottroo » Wed May 24, 2023 4:06 pm

Coaching is an extremely tough gig and it’s very easy to point fingers.

Mitcham had poor numbers throughout preseason from my understanding which is a poor reflection on the playing group

From my minimal engagement with JC he seems to be a guy that puts his heart and soul into a job. Perhaps the playing group need to repay the faith and put half as much effort in as he has?
scottroo
League - Best 21

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 172 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Yank Man » Wed May 24, 2023 8:16 pm

scottroo wrote:Coaching is an extremely tough gig and it’s very easy to point fingers.

Mitcham had poor numbers throughout preseason from my understanding which is a poor reflection on the playing group

From my minimal engagement with JC he seems to be a guy that puts his heart and soul into a job. Perhaps the playing group need to repay the faith and put half as much effort in as he has?

Finally, scottroo a credible person with a footy brain. No one knows more than me what he has put in to this role. Yes, easy for the punters to say ‘but he’s a mate’ but JC is a very passionate coach with a high level programme. I can guarantee the leaders and playing group have all bought in but a few lower end players are letting the programme down. His communication skills are elite and I’d expect the team to respond.

The poor numbers at preseason is right, but it was a reflection on the clubs poor handling with the C grade at end of 2022, to JC’s credit he worked hard to put that back together and the numbers went quickly up to 50 plus.

Hang him if you all want but he is a fighter and loves his players dearly. What he has achieved in his tenure there so far in changing a very poor off field culture, to a club that is on the right path ‘off the field’ is nothing short of amazing.

Play on
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 317 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby hollywood7477 » Wed May 24, 2023 10:06 pm

Yank Man wrote:
scottroo wrote:Coaching is an extremely tough gig and it’s very easy to point fingers.

Finally, scottroo a credible person with a footy brain. No one knows more than me what he has put in to this role. Yes, easy for the punters to say ‘but he’s a mate’ but JC is a very passionate coach with a high level programme. I can guarantee the leaders and playing group have all bought in but a few lower end players are letting the programme down. His communication skills are elite and I’d expect the team to respond.

The poor numbers at preseason is right, but it was a reflection on the clubs poor handling with the C grade at end of 2022, to JC’s credit he worked hard to put that back together and the numbers went quickly up to 50 plus.

Hang him if you all want but he is a fighter and loves his players dearly. What he has achieved in his tenure there so far in changing a very poor off field culture, to a club that is on the right path ‘off the field’ is nothing short of amazing.

Play on

A credible person. So everyone that comments is not credible unless they agree with you.
If he has changed the off field culture then hats off to him because they would rather get smashed on a Saturday night than actually play good footy. It’s a massive reason a lot of ex players don’t have much to do with the club.

Maybe his high level program is not for a Div 4 club. I have had nothing to do with the club since 2016 so can’t base that comment on much but my opinion which u can take with a grain of salt but if they had bought in then as u have said then why for 2 years(apart from 6 or 7 games have they been poor. Can’t really blame new coach, new game plan because it wouldn’t have changed and players have had 2 preseasons to learn and implement it.

You can change the culture off the field but if your not winning then all that work will go to crap. Be very interesting to see how they go for second half of the season.
hollywood7477
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 72 times

Postby Killa » Wed May 24, 2023 11:35 pm

Password Please wrote:I've seen some terrible umpiring in my time but the CBC v Pooraka game on the weekend takes the cake, there would not be one CBC fan or player that could dispute it.
Play on.

:-({|=
Killa
Under 18s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: South Augusta

Postby Password Please » Thu May 25, 2023 4:59 pm

Killa wrote:
Password Please wrote:I've seen some terrible umpiring in my time but the CBC v Pooraka game on the weekend takes the cake, there would not be one CBC fan or player that could dispute it.
Play on.

:-({|=

See ya at Lindblom Park, can't wait, if you actually follow your side out of the Parklands.
If you were there last week then there would be no :-({|=
Just god bless you :YMSICK: gentlemen in green, and thank you for your help.
Password Please

Has liked: 14 times
Grassroots Team: Pooraka

Postby Broken Down Hack » Sat May 27, 2023 6:00 pm

I'm all for discipline, and well done to Kenilworth
who used the ball better, but one umpire completely over officiated
the game and was yellow card happy, players being sent off for ,saying things like
"you're joking" or "you're kidding me" make footy no fun to watch anymore.
Players and spectators totally confused by both sides today to say the least.
Broken Down Hack
Rookie

Has liked: 49 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League