RD7 DOGS VS BAYS X CONVENIENCE OVAL SATURDAY 27/5 2:10PM

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: RD7 DOGS VS BAYS X CONVENIENCE OVAL SATURDAY 27/5 2:10PM

Postby am Bays » Sat May 27, 2023 9:13 pm

80 more opportunities for you to tackle if you wanted to do the work…
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1809 times

Postby bulldogproud » Sat May 27, 2023 9:21 pm

am Bays wrote:80 more opportunities for you to tackle if you wanted to do the work…

You gloat about how bad we are yet the opposition had 43 inside 50's to your 31...not exactly a good sign if we are as crap as you say. Hard to tackle your opponent when he handballs it or chips it 10 metres as soon as he receives it. 138 handballs on a wet day, not what you really want to see. Your forwards were simply better on capitalising on their opportunities, rare as they were. Have to commend young Coulthard a lot for that.
A Bulldog in winter; a WTDCC Eagle and OICC Wolf in Summer!
bulldogproud
League - Top 5

Has liked: 489 times
Been liked: 401 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby northerner » Sat May 27, 2023 9:24 pm

Dogs64 wrote:
Hazydog wrote:
northerner wrote:Great work rate and terrific defence against the multi faceted Bays fwd line.
Teams are not scoring match winning tallies against us... we are just not able to generate any worthwhile scores up our end.
Some decent mid size lads up front, but clearly lack a big tall and a small live wire.

Fletcher Carroll is that small live wire we need.. knocking the door down in the ressies and should be rewarded..

Pearce has been given a good run at it but looks like he could benefit from gaining a bit of confidence in the 2’s…maybe young Lowowiak can offer a bit more X factor up forward..

Again one quarter cost us.. and when we dominated in the second quarter we just didn’t get scoreboard reward. Still more than happy with progress - we are tracking ok for the next couple of years if we can keep the group together..

Yes, for Pearce to get 3 disposals in each of the last two games, unfortunately is not currently up to standard. Additionally we've been getting plenty of inside 50s, and he's losing a majority of 1 v 1s.

Pearce has had 3 possessions in each of the last FOUR games.
Agree, Grace has not had a great impact either but he always creates a contest. It frustrates me how often the opposition start their attacks through an easy mark for Pearces immediate opponent.
northerner
Reserves

Has liked: 208 times
Been liked: 436 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby am Bays » Sat May 27, 2023 9:34 pm

Ha Ha

Yes you had more f50 entries like we did in the 2009 second semi final and Prelim that stat on its own doesn’t mean much as I know all to painfully

We only allowed 70 % (22) of our f50 entries to come out. Where’s you allowed 85% of you f50 entries (37) to come out.

I’m not gloating at our win I’m chuckling at how close you think your lot are.

It’s a forward 50 pressure game now.

If you think you are going ok and a 2 new forwards are all you require, well you must be right
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Postby bulldogproud » Sat May 27, 2023 9:36 pm

I really feel for young Dale, but his confidence seems shot at the moment. Wish there was a tall who could come in for him and let him get confidence in the 2's. Is it worth trying Marcus as a permanent forward and having either Fletch or Anzac come in?
bulldogproud
League - Top 5

Postby bulldogproud » Sat May 27, 2023 9:40 pm

am Bays wrote:Ha Ha

Yes you had more f50 entries like we did in the 2009 second semi final and Prelim that stat on its own doesn’t mean much as I know all to painfully

We only allowed 70 % (22) of our f50 entries to come out. Where’s you allowed 85% of you f50 entries (37) to come out.

If you think you are going ok and a 2 new forwards are all you require, well you must be right

Done arguing with you ambays; you appear drunk.
I certainly am happy with the progress our boys are making; huge strides from last year, and big improvements through all four grades. We have a very young side...and should only get better. Our aim is to be top 3 by 2025, we appear on track. The proof will be in the pudding.
bulldogproud
League - Top 5

Postby am Bays » Sat May 27, 2023 10:10 pm

I too was happy to let this go but now you bring up the alcohol argument? What a sad little man you are when you have to have a crack at me rather than the arguments

I’ve pointed out flaws in your arguments and provided stats to back it up my views and historical precidents. Never once questioned your character.

Yes centrals are improving as I intimated in my posts earlier today but you want to attack the individual rather than have a crack at the argument well that shows your true character

I’m not making any different comments on Centrals that I haven’t made on Glenelg when we’ve let D50 waltz out like we did in Rd 1 and I’ve called out our tackle pressure when we’ve been smashed in possessions.

As the former SA Mental Health Commissioner once told me “great men discuss ideas small men discuss individuals”. Here I am discussing an idea on team performances, here you go discussing if I’m drunk.

Says it all really
am Bays
Coach

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Sat May 27, 2023 11:19 pm

Bays did enough when it counted. Repelled several attacks in the second quarter, and showed class in the third. Cold and slippery day, happy with the win.
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 447 times
Been liked: 1212 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby gazzamagoo » Sun May 28, 2023 10:10 am

northerner wrote:Great work rate and terrific defence against the multi faceted Bays fwd line.
Teams are not scoring match winning tallies against us... we are just not able to generate any worthwhile scores up our end.
Some decent mid size lads up front, but clearly lack a big tall and a small live wire.

Yep, would have been very handy if we had picked up Sproule.
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1660 times
Been liked: 649 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby bulldogproud » Sun May 28, 2023 11:30 am

am Bays wrote:I too was happy to let this go but now you bring up the alcohol argument? What a sad little man you are when you have to have a crack at me rather than the arguments

I’ve pointed out flaws in your arguments and provided stats to back it up my views and historical precidents. Never once questioned your character.

Yes centrals are improving as I intimated in my posts earlier today but you want to attack the individual rather than have a crack at the argument well that shows your true character

I’m not making any different comments on Centrals that I haven’t made on Glenelg when we’ve let D50 waltz out like we did in Rd 1 and I’ve called out our tackle pressure when we’ve been smashed in possessions.

As the former SA Mental Health Commissioner once told me “great men discuss ideas small men discuss individuals”. Here I am discussing an idea on team performances, here you go discussing if I’m drunk.

Says it all really

You only listen to your points and totally ignore ones countering yours. You deflected the fact that Central had 12 more inside 50's, that Central outscored Glenelg by three goals during three quarters, only being really beaten in one, that Glenelg had more possessions because they play a short game, etc. etc. I gave up commenting on these because you simply ignored them. You stuck to one argument...forward pressure. Even with that one, you ignored the fact we had more scoring shots. Yes, your forwards kept it in a huge total of 3 more times in the match (wow, such a large discrepancy that it makes your team so much superior to our 'crap (in your words) club :shock:. However, our 'crap' team had more scoring shots from our entries.
You went on to attack the character of our players; now you attack mine. A person who doesn't listen to the other person's point of view isn't worth arguing with. It is what people appear to do when they are drunk. I never called you a small person or called into account your general nature, just the nature of your comments..that they seemed like those made by someone drunk....which they do. Unlike you, I would never call a person's overall nature derogatory terms. Anyway, I will move on from your personal attacks on my club and on me. I refuse to be baited by you any more. Good day to you. However, I will apologise for questioning if your comments were made from a position of insobriety.
Last edited by bulldogproud on Sun May 28, 2023 12:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bulldogproud
League - Top 5

Postby gazzamagoo » Sun May 28, 2023 11:38 am

now now, let's not bicker about who killed who! :D
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Postby bulldogproud » Sun May 28, 2023 12:10 pm

Yes, Glenelg rightly won on the day....but we are getting closer. So proud of what our club has achieved in 12 months. We are not all the way there yet, but boy are we improving. So proud of our boys and I will continue to defend them no matter how many times someone calls them 'crap' and questions the character of our players. :)
bulldogproud
League - Top 5

Postby gazzamagoo » Sun May 28, 2023 12:55 pm

bulldogproud wrote:Yes, Glenelg rightly won on the day....but we are getting closer. So proud of what our club has achieved in 12 months. We are not all the way there yet, but boy are we improving. So proud of our boys and I will continue to defend them no matter how many times someone calls them 'crap' and questions the character of our players. :)

We can't screw up the next 2 matches,
2 wins SHOULD see us 2 games clear of 6th position.
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Postby Spargo » Sun May 28, 2023 2:11 pm

Glenelg finally beat a top 4 side…
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5479 times
Been liked: 5119 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby stampy » Sun May 28, 2023 2:53 pm

my prediction is that the doggies will finish 9-9, and will fight it out with the chooks for an elimation final berth
Go The Tiges!!!
stampy
Coach

Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 333 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby gazzamagoo » Sun May 28, 2023 5:10 pm

stampy wrote:my prediction is that the doggies will finish 9-9, and will fight it out with the chooks for an elimation final berth

I'd be happy with that!
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Postby whufc » Mon May 29, 2023 7:58 am

bulldogproud wrote:
am Bays wrote:Ha Ha

Done arguing with you ambays; you appear drunk.
I certainly am happy with the progress our boys are making; huge strides from last year, and big improvements through all four grades. We have a very young side...and should only get better. Our aim is to be top 3 by 2025, we appear on track. The proof will be in the pudding.

Funny part about this argument is you are both probably right.

We are improved.....that cant be denied. Almost won as many games as last year.

Agree with AMBays though that we are still 'miles' off being a top 3 side.

Thats fine though as we have to be patient with our progression. If we can finish something like 9-9 and be in the hunt for the finals all the way that would be a reasonable season. We then need to improve in 2024.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5588 times
Been liked: 2529 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Previous

Board index   Football  SANFL