Postby DOC » Sun May 28, 2023 10:51 pm

Tails or fillets?
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Re: Things that you rate!

Postby DOC » Sun May 28, 2023 10:53 pm

On a slightly more serious note, love tommies. Can't go past them on a menu.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby Wedgie » Mon May 29, 2023 8:41 am

Always thought Tommies were the most underrated fish but it seems everyone rates them which is good!
Choice of Tommies or Whiting and I'd choose Tommies every day of the week.
Always a treat when I head up to Fisherman's Bay and have some freshly smoked Tommies.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby gazzamagoo » Mon May 29, 2023 8:53 am

Wedgie wrote:Always thought Tommies were the most underrated fish but it seems everyone rates them which is good!
Always a treat when I head up to Fisherman's Bay and have some freshly smoked Tommies.

Yep, totally agree, there's something very speeeecial about fresh Tommies in winter too.
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1656 times
Been liked: 643 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby gazzamagoo » Mon May 29, 2023 8:54 am

DOC wrote:Tails or fillets?

I fillet them.
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1656 times
Been liked: 643 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon May 29, 2023 7:14 pm

After forfeiting my Weber to the ex I acquired another yesterday.

Had my kids over for our weekly Sunday roast and whacked a 2.9kg boneless lamb and 2.8kg boneless pork in the dome, turned out brilliant.

Had shitloads of spuds along with a veggie and cheese bake, I told the kids to bring containers to take leftovers for lunches, we ate the lot between 8 of us, some much for the 300gm per person rule.

It’s further enhanced by how well my estranged son fits in, it’s his 25th birthday this week and his first birthday with us, it’s going to be epic.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby amber_fluid » Mon May 29, 2023 7:17 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:After forfeiting my Weber to the ex I acquired another yesterday.

Had my kids over for our weekly Sunday roast and whacked a 2.9kg boneless lamb and 2.8kg boneless pork in the dome, turned out brilliant.

Had shitloads of spuds along with a veggie and cheese bake, I told the kids to bring containers to take leftovers for lunches, we ate the lot between 8 of us, some much for the 300gm per person rule.

It’s further enhanced by how well my estranged son fits in, it’s his 25th birthday this week and his first birthday with us, it’s going to be epic.

Nice work mate!
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Dutchy » Mon May 29, 2023 8:40 pm

Speaking of BBQ's anyone got a Weber Q? Just ordered one as a service award gift, there was nothing else in the catalogue that appealed so it was the best option
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby RB » Mon May 29, 2023 8:56 pm

Dutchy wrote:Speaking of BBQ's anyone got a Weber Q?

Yep. Got given one a few years ago. It's OK. I've mainly used it to cook skewers. Not really sure it has anything on a normal BBQ. It runs on gas and TBH I'd prefer an electric one so I could use it in the kitchen.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 759 times
Been liked: 1073 times

Postby Spargo » Mon May 29, 2023 9:06 pm

Dutchy wrote:Speaking of BBQ's anyone got a Weber Q? Just ordered one as a service award gift, there was nothing else in the catalogue that appealed so it was the best option

We love ours, use it all the time. Great for steaks on the grill cooked in no time with the hood down, adjust the temp & leave the lid up for a slower cook for snags, chevap, skewers etc. Eggs ranchero in the saucepan & make sure you buy the rotisserie kit - idiot proof with great results.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5454 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Wedgie » Tue May 30, 2023 8:38 am

The news about Kellie Finlayson!
Hopefully it keeps getting better too, what a beautiful family.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Booney » Tue May 30, 2023 9:12 am

I contacted a place yesterday on the back of the smoked tommie discussion, McLachlans Smokery :

Hi Booney,

We do sell direct to the public. Our next production run is 8th of June and available for sale 9th June.

If you are looking for something before then, Our full range is available for sale at the following outlets;
Lucia’s Fine Foods (Adelaide Central Market)
Culture Shock Provisions (Unley Shopping Centre)

I also retail at the Barossa Farmers Market each fortnight - next at Market 10th June and each fortnight after that.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7466 times
Been liked: 10753 times

Postby Booney » Thu Jun 01, 2023 7:26 am

8 ball finals in our second season.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7466 times
Been liked: 10753 times

Postby cracka » Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:22 am

Going to my 1st ever NRL game last night.

NRL pre game shows. Sh!ts all over AFL. Only thing I didn't like was the fireworks during The Living End, they tried to match them going off with the drummer but didn't quite get it right.

Also rate when the "New South Wales" or "Queenslander" chant goes around the ground
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 559 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Jim05 » Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:31 am

cracka wrote:Going to my 1st ever NRL game last night.

NRL pre game shows. Sh!ts all over AFL. Only thing I didn't like was the fireworks during The Living End, they tried to match them going off with the drummer but didn't quite get it right.

Also rate when the "New South Wales" or "Queenslander" chant goes around the ground
The NRL cops heaps but as a pretty regular attendee to games I still maintain the overall product is better than the AFL
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Jim05 » Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:31 am

The NRL cops heaps but as a pretty regular attendee to games I still maintain the overall product is better than the AFL
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby RB » Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:35 am

cracka wrote:Going to my 1st ever rugby league game last night.

EFA
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 759 times
Been liked: 1073 times

Postby Smashed Crab » Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:41 am

gazzamagoo wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Always thought Tommies were the most underrated fish but it seems everyone rates them which is good!

Yep, totally agree, there's something very speeeecial about fresh Tommies in winter too.

After all this talk I got hungry. Went down to Jimmy Elias & Son just off Port Road. Picked up 10 filleted Tommies (20 fillets). Thought I'd ordered too many as my kids are only 4&5 and wife's not usually a big seafood fan (it tastes fishy :roll: ). Anyways, light flowering and seasoning, whack them on a hot pan with butter for 20 seconds each side to get a little crust. Bam, the kids ate 4 each, wanted more, wife ate 8 wanted more, I wanted more but got left with the dregs. Very nice, $29.99/kg, half the price of Garfish.
Smashed Crab
Rookie

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby gadj1976 » Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:57 am

I went to my first SOO game last night and for the first time I experienced the MTX club. Besides completely paro people, it was a spectacle to behold. Great experience but they also have the fascination with playing music bewteen each try/key play. Dunno why we've had to resort to entertainment during the entertainment (ie, the game!)
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 795 times
Been liked: 849 times

Postby cracka » Thu Jun 01, 2023 11:25 am

gadj1976 wrote:

I went to my first SOO game last night and for the first time I experienced the MTX club. Besides completely paro people, it was a spectacle to behold. Great experience but they also have the fascination with playing music bewteen each try/key play. Dunno why we've had to resort to entertainment during the entertainment (ie, the game!)

I enjoyed the music. Especially before the game when the guitar riff (GGROAT IMO) from Kashmir started playing.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 559 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion