Adelaide

Talk on the national game

Re: Adelaide

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon May 29, 2023 10:51 am

amber_fluid wrote:Adelaide and Essendon to drop out the 8 and Freo and Geelong to come in
Think Geeelong may put the cue in the rack

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11839 times
Been liked: 3597 times

Postby stan » Mon May 29, 2023 10:53 am

Brodlach wrote:Only had 3 players with over 100 games and 12 with less than 60 games

Come seasons end what do we need to take the next step? I’m not buying into the finals contenders yet.
Fair question to ask, I reckon you guys will get 7th or 8th, forget about fhe nuffies here giving you shit.

From what I can see your issues are in 2 places going forward.

1. Midfield. Dawson and Laird are probably your only blue chip mids that match it with the better mids in the comp. Pedler and Soligo need to come on a bit. I like the looks of soligo, looks like a ripper just need him to that that next step.

Not sure Rankine is the answer to the midfield. Also Keays, goes alright but cooks it badly.

2. Forward line. Plenty of talent there and you look good wheb Tex is up and about but what happens next? At his age things can fall away quickly and will there others have enough there to take that next step?

Reckon you get those sorted and it is up up and away for the crows.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby am Bays » Mon May 29, 2023 11:24 am

stan wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Only had 3 players with over 100 games and 12 with less than 60 games

Come seasons end what do we need to take the next step? I’m not buying into the finals contenders yet.
Fair question to ask, I reckon you guys will get 7th or 8th, forget about fhe nuffies here giving you shit.

1. Midfield. Dawson and Laird are probably lying your only blue chip mids that match it with the better mids in the comp. Pedler and Soligo need to come on a bit. I like the looks of soligo, looks like a ripper just need him to that that next step.

Not sure Rankine is the answer to the midfield. Also Keays, goes alright but cooks it badly.

2. Forward line. Plenty of talent there and you look good wheb Tex is up and about but what happens next? At his age things can fall away quickly and will there others have enough there to take that next step?

Forwards are OK Fogarty, Tilforth (sp), Gollant.

Their defence is they biggest weakness along with as you identified a getting another midfield gun to share the load.

It's why they are all in on Redman for 2024 and have got cap space to make hm a very juicy offer which will make him think seriously about leaving Essendon which he wont want to do willingly given his strong character (loyalty).
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1808 times

Postby MW » Mon May 29, 2023 11:34 am

Thilthorpe concerns me.
I know he's young and bigs take a while to come on blah blah blah, but was hoping he would have been a bit more consistent at this stage. Runs under the ball more than I would like.
Taken no.2 in the draft, but when you are that much bigger than your opponents at underage level, it's easier to dominate and can mask some issues.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2599 times
Been liked: 1844 times

Postby am Bays » Mon May 29, 2023 11:48 am

MW wrote:Thilthorpe concerns me.
I know he's young and bigs take a while to come on blah blah blah, but was hoping he would have been a bit more consistent at this stage. Runs under the ball more than I would like.
Taken no.2 in the draft, but when you are that much bigger than your opponents at underage level, it's easier to dominate and can mask some issues.

Took Fog four years to work it out, Going to take Tilthorpe the same time to work it all out.

Big men take time, he's two years in judge him in 2026
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Postby MW » Mon May 29, 2023 11:56 am

Yeah that is what I am hoping for.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2599 times
Been liked: 1844 times

Postby Booney » Mon May 29, 2023 11:58 am

am Bays wrote:
MW wrote:Thilthorpe concerns me.

Took Fog four years to work it out,
Going to take Tilthorpe the same time to work it all out.

Big men take time, he's two years in judge him in 2026

Still not there, his good games are good, his bad games are bad. As always when that gap reduces he'll be there.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7488 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby Jim05 » Mon May 29, 2023 12:32 pm

amber_fluid wrote:Adelaide and Essendon to drop out the 8 and Freo and Geelong to come in
The so called experts reckon Essendon has the easiest run home of any club.
Unfortunately they are usually the games we have dropped in recent years
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Brodlach » Mon May 29, 2023 12:42 pm

am Bays wrote:
stan wrote:

1. Midfield. Dawson and Laird are probably lying your only blue chip mids that match it with the better mids in the comp. Pedler and Soligo need to come on a bit. I like the looks of soligo, looks like a ripper just need him to that that next step.

Their defence is they biggest weakness along with as you identified a getting another midfield gun to share the load.

It's why they are all in on Redman for 2024 and have got cap space to make hm a very juicy offer which will make him think seriously about leaving Essendon which he wont want to do willingly given his strong character (loyalty).

I don’t mind our backs with Worrall (just resigned for two years), Murray and Butts. All young and improving
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby stan » Mon May 29, 2023 1:07 pm

Brodlach wrote:
am Bays wrote:
stan wrote:

I don’t mind our backs with Worrall (just resigned for two years), Murray and Butts. All young and improving
I reckon Worrell is an absolute beauty. Got a very good player there. Needs a few pre-seasons in the gym but looks a good one.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Brodlach » Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:55 am

Booney wrote:

Stop banging on about experience and games played, you lot are giving yourselves an out for not making finals. It'll be a massive failure if you miss the 8, talent is there, game plan in there, balance is there and depth it there. Embrace it and stop looking for excuses.

Bump ;)
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:42 pm

Doedee has done his ACL :(
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach
Coach

Postby carey » Sun Jun 04, 2023 10:06 pm

Brodlach wrote:Doedee has done his ACL :(

Poor bloke.

Worst part now will be all the rumour and Innuendo about his future
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2803 times
Been liked: 2996 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Under_Scrutiny » Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:24 pm

Crows been over-run a couple of times now, and especially in the heat. Burgess earning his wage?
Under_Scrutiny
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 22 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby Eagles2014 » Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:28 pm

Under_Scrutiny wrote:Crows been over-run a couple of times now, and especially in the heat. Burgess earning his wage?

I thought they made a big mistake not going up there to get used to the weather, Gold Coast been up there for nearly two weeks. This crap of being in the sauna, making the ball like a cake of soap at training, absolute garbage.
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 526 times

Postby Booney » Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:41 pm

Under_Scrutiny wrote:Crows been over-run a couple of times now, and especially in the heat. Burgess earning his wage?

GWS 31 points up, lost by 16.

Collingwood 26 points up, lost by 1.

Gold Coast 35 points up, lost by 25.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby am Bays » Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:01 pm

Eagles2014 wrote:

I thought they made a big mistake not going up there to get used to the weather, Gold Coast been up there for nearly two weeks. This crap of being in the sauna, making the ball like a cake of soap at training, absolute garbage.

Two schools of thought on acclimation. Do 10 to 14 days a la Gold Coast or fly in fly out a la the Crows.

4-7 days of acclimatisation has been shown in the literature for over 30 years to be not very effective.

14 days plus is considered the best (not possible when you have a game on day 7 in Adelaide v Brisbane). More of the research lately ahs been dedicated to the 24-48 hr, fly in fly out model.

Crows were F***ed once they lost Doedee as it threw their defence structures out and it meant they had to play their midfield sub earlier rather than having it as a strategic sub for when their midfield got fatigued in the last half.

It was hotter and more humid than normal on Saturday up here which didn't help either.
am Bays
Coach

Postby someguy1 » Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:17 pm

Booney wrote:

GWS 31 points up, lost by 16.

Collingwood 26 points up, lost by 1.

Gold Coast 35 points up, lost by 25.

Don't think any of them were fitness related.

GWS and Gold Coast smashed in the clearances after half time. Collingwood tried to sit on a lead and didn't handle the pressure. Not being able to turn around momentum is a big concern.
someguy1
Under 16s

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 45 times

Postby Booney » Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:49 pm

someguy1 wrote:Not being able to turn around momentum is a big concern.

This is certainly an issue and it's highlighted when Walker, in particular, doesn't play that they're lacking in leadership on the ground. Losing Doedee, as noted, takes the back line leader out and in the middle Sloane is playing well, but obviously in his twilight years. Dawson has made the position his internally and on the field, after that does Keays, O'Brien and Smith inspire much by way of leadership?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:56 pm

The difference between Adelaide's home and road record in 2023:

Home games: 4-2 (66% win percentage)
Road games: 1-4 (20%)

The worst away/road record amongst the top 16 teams.

Only North Melbourne and West Coast have an equal or worse record away from home.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL