RD9 POWER VS CENTRALS ALBERTON OVAL SAT 10/6 1:10PM

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: RD9 POWER VS CENTRALS ALBERTON OVAL SAT 10/6 1:10PM

Postby Vamos » Sun Jun 11, 2023 10:28 pm

southernbulldog wrote:They will have a whinge about it and it will all change like it normally does when they complain.
For years and years the other SANFL teams copped a crap run from the umpires when they played the Magpies ,perhaps now they are umpiring more fairly.

:lol:
Whoops, there goes another year. Whoops, there goes another pint of beer.
Vamos
League - Top 5

Has liked: 354 times
Been liked: 476 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby Wedgie » Sun Jun 11, 2023 10:56 pm

Vamos wrote:
Hazydog wrote:Dogs having a crack but Port’s AFL experienced players more damaging in possession. Narkle proving to be very handy at this level (and VAMOS I don’t think that’s drawing too long a bow?)
Impressed with Luca’s game, with just 25 games under his belt he has massive upside.
Hopefully we hang in there and keep it respectable but fear a last quarter blow out

Clearly I was wrong, the SANFL now the 3rd best comp in the land if Narkle is racking up those numbers. :)

It has been for years
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2050 times
Been liked: 3894 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Wedgie » Mon Jun 12, 2023 10:26 pm

FB_IMG_1686570822954.jpg
FB_IMG_1686570822954.jpg (77.25 KiB) Viewed 783 times
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby whufc » Tue Jun 13, 2023 11:49 am

A free kick differential means next to nothing........

At its simplest some teams are more aggressive than others and will attack the body more furiously than others. Centrals were on the wrong end of the free kick count most times during their decade of dominance (especially with the Gowans haha) but their game was built on a toughness around the contest that played right to the line.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2531 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Wedgie » Tue Jun 13, 2023 11:59 am

whufc wrote:A free kick differential means next to nothing........

At its simplest some teams are more aggressive than others and will attack the body more furiously than others. Centrals were on the wrong end of the free kick count most times during their decade of dominance (especially with the Gowans haha) but their game was built on a toughness around the contest that played right to the line.

It can be a great indicator when observations of the game are added hence why I asked others opinions earlier in the thread. (Thanks to Jim for an answer)
When North got 10 free kicks , 2 twenty five metre penalties and a reversal in their first quarter against Port (when Port got zero) the Power Reserves were absolutely robbed. I was watching it and it was cringeworthy the favouritism North appeared to be getting. If it was the other way around I would have been ropable. I'm hardly going to be accused of being biased towards Port too!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby whufc » Tue Jun 13, 2023 12:01 pm

Wedgie wrote:

It can be a great indicator when observations of the game are added hence why I asked others opinions earlier in the thread. (Thanks to Jim for an answer)
When North got 10 free kicks , 2 twenty five metre penalties and a reversal in their first quarter against Port (when Port got zero) the Power Reserves were absolutely robbed. I was watching it and it was cringeworthy the favouritism North appeared to be getting. If it was the other way around I would have been ropeable.

Hope you were watching on tv. Trying to make judgements on umpire decisions from a pocket of the ground anywhere from 20-100m away with god knows how many players blocking your view is going to be completely inaccurate.

Take a look at the SANFLW GF. Not many if any at the ground would have seen the free kick but the tv replay clearly showed the shirt getting pulled back before the player had got to the ball.
whufc
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Tue Jun 13, 2023 12:09 pm

whufc wrote:
Wedgie wrote:

When North got 10 free kicks , 2 twenty five metre penalties and a reversal in their first quarter against Port (when Port got zero) the Power Reserves were absolutely robbed. I was watching it and it was cringeworthy the favouritism North appeared to be getting. If it was the other way around I would have been ropeable.

Hope you were watching on tv. Trying to make judgements on umpire decisions from a pocket of the ground anywhere from 20-100m away with god knows how many players blocking your view is going to be completely inaccurate.

Take a look at the SANFLW GF. Not many if any at the ground would have seen the free kick but the tv replay clearly showed the shirt getting pulled back before the player had got to the ball.

Yep it was on TV. Agree about your point if at the ground as where I stand at Prospect usually is probably the worst possible spot to observe a game!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby whufc » Tue Jun 13, 2023 12:24 pm

Try being behind the northern goals at Elizabeth Oval looking down in the southern forward 50......need a bloody telescope :lol: :lol:
whufc
Coach

Postby Spargo » Tue Jun 13, 2023 12:31 pm

It’s not how many frees you get, it’s where & when you get them & the blatant ones missed. Last week I was filthy with the umpiring even though Glenelg had 10 more frees - yet they refused to ping the crowserves for dropping/throwing the ball when tackled, all day.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5487 times
Been liked: 5126 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Booney » Tue Jun 13, 2023 12:44 pm

2nd year ruckman Dante Visentini has given away 28 free kicks in 9 games, he's big and a bit clumsy and has played just 25 games, he's still learning his caper.

Nick Moore has given away 23 as well as receiving 20. He's hard and in and under, no wonder the whistle is going when he's around. ( Top 5 for tackles ).

I'd say a lot of our main perpetrators would be the young guys just making their way in senior footy.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10781 times

Previous

Board index   Football  SANFL