8%
Portland
No votes
Walkerville
4%

Total votes : 25

Re: 2023 Adelaide Footy League - Division 4

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sun Jun 25, 2023 6:02 pm

Some fair results yesterday with 3 of the top 4 getting rolled. Some absolutely massive games next week to kick off the second half of the year!
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 741 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Yank Man » Sun Jul 02, 2023 7:36 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Sticks28 wrote:What a tight comp this one is - nearly at the halfway mark & pooraka appear to be the stand out. Super super tight from 3rd to 8th - anyone could squeeze into this top 5. Appears that portland & mitcham look the likely to get relegated which is super suprising to see mitcham down there. Gonna be a great second half of the year.

Portland you'd say yes, but I wouldn't be writing off Mitcham just yet - seem to be the masters of having big 2nd half of the season and either avoiding relegation or scrapping into the 5.

With all due respect to the fat lady, but I think she’s tuning the tonsils. If Mitcham can save this one it will be the biggest comeback since Lazarus. They are really competitive but honourable losses don’t keep you up. The effort everyone is putting is terrific, I just hope they can get a few W’s soon. Reward for effort. Watched the game yesterday against Morphy Park and it was a really good game of footy, the Roos just had a bit more in the tank in end, and their deck is pristine. You’d need a magnifying glass to find a speck of mud. Great new facility as well. First time I’ve been there since 2017.
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 317 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby Hector » Mon Jul 03, 2023 11:01 am

Yank Man wrote:
The Bedge wrote:
Sticks28 wrote:What a tight comp this one is - nearly at the halfway mark & pooraka appear to be the stand out. Super super tight from 3rd to 8th - anyone could squeeze into this top 5. Appears that portland & mitcham look the likely to get relegated which is super suprising to see mitcham down there. Gonna be a great second half of the year.

Portland you'd say yes, but I wouldn't be writing off Mitcham just yet - seem to be the masters of having big 2nd half of the season and either avoiding relegation or scrapping into the 5.

With all due respect to the fat lady, but I think she’s tuning the tonsils. If Mitcham can save this one it will be the biggest comeback since Lazarus. They are really competitive but honourable losses don’t keep you up. The effort everyone is putting is terrific, I just hope they can get a few W’s soon. Reward for effort. Watched the game yesterday against Morphy Park and it was a really good game of footy, the Roos just had a bit more in the tank in end, and their deck is pristine. You’d need a magnifying glass to find a speck of mud. Great new facility as well. First time I’ve been there since 2017.

I think Portland will get a win or two before the seasons out. They were a much improved side from Round 1. They wont avoid relegation but I think they could have an impact on teams playing finals. It's a very even comp with most teams being able to beat any other team on their day.
Hector
Rookie

Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 33 times

Postby Satchelola » Wed Jul 05, 2023 3:13 pm

Yank Man wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

From what i understand Mitcham Coach now gone!
Satchelola
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Woodville South

Postby Sticks28 » Wed Jul 05, 2023 3:42 pm

Satchelola wrote:
Yank Man wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

From what i understand Mitcham Coach now gone!

What an absolute coward - finish off the year. Disgraceful to come in and get the club relegated then just piss off - mitcham should have done more research before hiring him with his history.
Sticks28
Under 16s

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 19 times

Postby jake the snake » Wed Jul 05, 2023 3:47 pm

Don’t think it was his decision
jake the snake
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 12 times

Postby Sticks28 » Wed Jul 05, 2023 3:49 pm

Well that changes it then if he has got sacked. What's everyone thoughts on sacking the coach with 8 games to go still?
Sticks28
Under 16s

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Jul 05, 2023 3:59 pm

Sticks28 wrote:Well that changes it then if he has got sacked. What's everyone thoughts on sacking the coach with 8 games to go still?

good thing you didn't jump to conclusions.
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3026 times
Been liked: 2401 times

Postby Sticks28 » Wed Jul 05, 2023 4:02 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:
Sticks28 wrote:Well that changes it then if he has got sacked. What's everyone thoughts on sacking the coach with 8 games to go still?

good thing you didn't jump to conclusions.

Doesn't have a great track record... just wouldn't expect a club to sack a coach with 8 games to go
Sticks28
Under 16s

Postby The Bedge » Wed Jul 05, 2023 4:05 pm

8 games to go is a long way. I'd prefer a coach moved on mid-year than closer to the end.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4003 times

Postby Half Back Flanker » Wed Jul 05, 2023 4:23 pm

Believe me, no one ever knows the full story besides all involved. Coaching can be a very lonely job during times like this. I hope people reach out and offer support, cause well being is more important.
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”
Half Back Flanker
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 429 times
Been liked: 167 times

Postby Yank Man » Wed Jul 05, 2023 6:15 pm

Half Back Flanker wrote:Believe me, no one ever knows the full story besides all involved. Coaching can be a very lonely job during times like this. I hope people reach out and offer support, cause well being is more important.

Pretty much all the playing group have done exactly that, they are in total shock. What does that tell you. :shock:
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Postby hollywood7477 » Wed Jul 05, 2023 6:57 pm

Yank Man wrote:
Half Back Flanker wrote:Believe me, no one ever knows the full story besides all involved. Coaching can be a very lonely job during times like this. I hope people reach out and offer support, cause well being is more important.

Pretty much all the playing group have done exactly that, they are in total shock. What does that tell you. :shock:

Not sure that is entirely true since the footy director had a meeting a few weeks ago with the leadership group regarding JC
hollywood7477
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 72 times

Postby The Bedge » Wed Jul 05, 2023 7:21 pm

Hard to believe majority of the playing group reaching out - you only sack a coach mid-year for one of two reasons.. either they’ve ****** up off field, or they’ve lost the support of the playing group.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Yank Man » Wed Jul 05, 2023 7:34 pm

hollywood7477 wrote:
Yank Man wrote:

Not sure that is entirely true since the footy director had a meeting a few weeks ago with the leadership group regarding JC

That in fact tells me exactly where you get you’re leaked information from. The meeting took place, yes, but they all categorically said they supported him.

Here’s a real fact, 4 of them said in the last 24 hours that they wanted to walk away, but the coaches advise was to hang in there and give all they have, stay strong. Mate stop chasing shadows and pretend you know everything. You are getting a one sided view on the facts. What you were a part of many years ago is not what it is now.
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Postby hollywood7477 » Wed Jul 05, 2023 9:11 pm

Yank Man wrote:
hollywood7477 wrote:
Yank Man wrote:

That in fact tells me exactly where you get you’re leaked information from. The meeting took place, yes, but they all categorically said they supported him.

Here’s a real fact, 4 of them said in the last 24 hours that they wanted to walk away, but the coaches advise was to hang in there and give all they have, stay strong. Mate stop chasing shadows and pretend you know everything. You are getting a one sided view on the facts. What you were a part of many years ago is not what it is now.

Since when did I say I knew everything. My comment was that there was a meeting with the leadership group which even you said took place. It’s great that you are supporting him but you are getting a one sided view and that’s Justin’s.

The fact the club is sitting 2nd bottom looking at relegation. As Bedge said you only get rid of the coach if 1 he has stuffed up off field or 2 lost the playing group.

I’m a life member of the footy club and don’t like where the club is sitting because there are some fantastic people at the club. Club last won a flag in 96. Maybe quite possibly he wasn’t the right person to coach the club. That happens and that’s life. From what you have said he has great knowledge of the game. I’ll be at the club in a few weeks. Having a look. You would expect a response by the players this week. Maybe this will galvanise them and they stay in Div 4
hollywood7477
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 72 times

Postby The Bedge » Wed Jul 05, 2023 9:18 pm

Both parties will quickly move on, im sure another opportunity will present for JC, and Mitcham will hit the reset and find another enthusiastic coach.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby whufc » Thu Jul 06, 2023 11:04 am

8 games is probably a good amount of a new coach to get.

Hopefully get the new coach bounce for the first few and then see what the coach genuinely has to offer once the honeymoon period is over. Also by 8 games you might start to see some changes if the coach has implemented any.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2531 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Brodlach » Sat Jul 08, 2023 12:46 pm

Who’s coaching Mitcham for the rest of the season?
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Yank Man » Sat Jul 08, 2023 7:33 pm

Brodlach wrote:Who’s coaching Mitcham for the rest of the season?

3 way go. Daniel Bandt, A grade assistant and mids coach, Hamish Palmer, B grade coach, Michael Pitt, C grade coach. All good people learning their craft, except Pitty who’s been an A grade assistant before.
Yank Man
League - Top 5

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League