Round 13 Eagles v Norwood

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Round 13 Eagles v Norwood

Postby whybother » Sun Jul 16, 2023 7:38 pm

He didn't read his snide remark "obviously thought he was above playing reserves.." in the paper.
And by the way, DM has been trying to play reserves, but his body just gave out. His last outing 1/7/23 in the reserves: 16 disposals and 3 goal 2 points.

He joins a long list of SANFL players who know when their time is up, and move generously over for the next generation.By the way, what ever happened to The Future?
whybother
Under 16s

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 97 times

Postby MJP1993 » Sun Jul 16, 2023 7:47 pm

gazzamagoo wrote:
whybother wrote:You Central supporters obviously have a lingering hate/love relationship with the Menzel brothers. Get over it. They left CD because they saw no future with them. They were right: two premierships and a medal for leading goal kicker followed their move. Both boys have struggled with injury: Troy has just come back after a years absence with a knee reconstruction and all praise to him. The Club has stated that we are in a rebuilding phase, and it appears that in mutual agreement that in at least DM's case it was time to step down from the rigors of SANFL football and make room for a youngster. Who knows about Troy: he played a good game in the reserves yesterday, but its his choice about next year. They have done their job ate the Eagles, and good luck to them if they want a leisurely game or two in the country.

Struth!
All he did was mention what he read in the paper!

Just a simple question maybe for admin . Why are central’s fans who either have issues with the Menzel brothers or the Eagles footy club . Continually going after either on this forum . Seems whoever is facing the Eagles certain central’s fans sink the boots in why ?
MJP1993
Under 18s

Has liked: 404 times
Been liked: 46 times

Postby gazzamagoo » Sun Jul 16, 2023 8:04 pm

MJP1993 wrote:
gazzamagoo wrote:
whybother wrote:You Central supporters obviously have a lingering hate/love relationship with the Menzel brothers. Get over it. They left CD because they saw no future with them. They were right: two premierships and a medal for leading goal kicker followed their move. Both boys have struggled with injury: Troy has just come back after a years absence with a knee reconstruction and all praise to him. The Club has stated that we are in a rebuilding phase, and it appears that in mutual agreement that in at least DM's case it was time to step down from the rigors of SANFL football and make room for a youngster. Who knows about Troy: he played a good game in the reserves yesterday, but its his choice about next year. They have done their job ate the Eagles, and good luck to them if they want a leisurely game or two in the country.

Struth!

Just a simple question maybe for admin . Why are central’s fans who either have issues with the Menzel brothers or the Eagles footy club . Continually going after either on this forum . Seems whoever is facing the Eagles certain central’s fans sink the boots in why ?

Coz it gets a rise from you? :D :D
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1660 times
Been liked: 649 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby gazzamagoo » Sun Jul 16, 2023 8:05 pm

whybother wrote:He didn't read his snide remark "obviously thought he was above playing reserves.." in the paper.
And by the way, DM has been trying to play reserves, but his body just gave out. His last outing 1/7/23 in the reserves: 16 disposals and 3 goal 2 points.

He joins a long list of SANFL players who know when their time is up, and move generously over for the next generation.By the way, what ever happened to The Future?

The Future is in the past :D
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Postby southernbulldog » Sun Jul 16, 2023 9:07 pm

After reading the reason why Daniel Menzel has left the Eagles i sincerely apologise to him ,Troy and WWTFC and supporters for my comments earlier.
It was not necessary and unwarranted we all at some stage do or say something we regret and this was mine.
Good luck to him for future.
southernbulldog
Reserves

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby mal » Sun Jul 16, 2023 9:50 pm

Aerie wrote:Better than your 1993 effort Norwood fans!

Correct
WWT 18-16
NW 11-11

The 30th anniversary of that match falls tomorrow, Monday
mal
Coach

Has liked: 1155 times
Been liked: 909 times

Postby Spargo » Sun Jul 16, 2023 10:05 pm

mal wrote:
Aerie wrote:Better than your 1993 effort Norwood fans!

Correct
WWT 18-16
NW 11-11

The 30th anniversary of that match falls tomorrow, Monday

It was such a lame troll.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5487 times
Been liked: 5125 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby gazzamagoo » Mon Jul 17, 2023 12:28 am

gazzamagoo wrote:
whybother wrote:He didn't read his snide remark "obviously thought he was above playing reserves.." in the paper.

The Future is in the past :D

Who is the future.
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Postby MJP1993 » Mon Jul 17, 2023 7:48 am

gazzamagoo wrote:
MJP1993 wrote:
gazzamagoo wrote:

Struth!

Coz it gets a rise from you? :D :D

Why I didn’t answer I guess you central’s mob like verbally attacking disabled Australians
MJP1993
Under 18s

Postby am Bays » Mon Jul 17, 2023 8:03 am

Did the Eagles win??
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 164 times
Been liked: 1812 times

Postby gazzamagoo » Mon Jul 17, 2023 8:49 am

MJP1993, Don't pull that crap mate, right until now I didn't know you had a disability, we can't see you down your webcam.
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Postby MJP1993 » Mon Jul 17, 2023 9:29 am

gazzamagoo wrote:MJP1993, Don't pull that crap mate, right until now I didn't know you had a disability, we can't see you down your webcam.

Well it’s true I have a disability and awaiting colorectal surgery . Something I learnt from a traumatic brain injury Facebook page just because you look normal doesn’t make you normal . Just something to think about and I’ve had people way better than you come after me mostly solicitors and barristers.
But why come after me once you answer I’ll never interact with you again last person like you I decided to leave that footy forum
This time I’ll never reply to you again
MJP1993
Under 18s

Postby gazzamagoo » Mon Jul 17, 2023 10:24 am

MJP1993 wrote:
gazzamagoo wrote:MJP1993, Don't pull that crap mate, right until now I didn't know you had a disability, we can't see you down your webcam.

Well it’s true I have a disability and awaiting colorectal surgery . Something I learnt from a traumatic brain injury Facebook page just because you look normal doesn’t make you normal . Just something to think about and I’ve had people way better than you come after me mostly solicitors and barristers.
But why come after me once you answer I’ll never interact with you again last person like you I decided to leave that footy forum
This time I’ll never reply to you again

ok
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Postby whybother » Mon Jul 17, 2023 11:17 am

"The 30th anniversary of that match falls tomorrow, Monday"

So can we play them again? We need the extra table points.
whybother
Under 16s

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 97 times

Postby gazzamagoo » Mon Jul 17, 2023 1:55 pm

am Bays wrote:Did the Eagles win??

Yes they did!
Without the Menzels too! :D :D
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Postby Sticks28 » Mon Jul 17, 2023 2:01 pm

god it's weird the infatuation with the menzel brothers that the central supporters have - suppose they are still bitter seeing them win flags in an eagles guernsey.
Sticks28
Under 16s

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 19 times

Postby gazzamagoo » Mon Jul 17, 2023 2:08 pm

Sticks28 wrote:god it's weird the infatuation with the menzel brothers that the central supporters have - suppose they are still bitter seeing them win flags in an eagles guernsey.

Please show some respect, it's a capital M in Menzel. :D
It doesn't bother me one iota, I'm just here for the shitstir,
everyone just needs to lighten up a bit :D :roll:
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Postby mal » Mon Jul 17, 2023 8:27 pm

Speaking of Menzel's
Gary "Alby" Menzel played 100 + games and a life member for the Norwood Football Club
One of nicest and popular footballers the club has produced
mal
Coach

Has liked: 1155 times
Been liked: 909 times

Postby gazzamagoo » Mon Jul 17, 2023 10:06 pm

mal wrote:Speaking of Menzel's
Gary "Alby" Menzel played 100 + games and a life member for the Norwood Football Club

I wonder if he's related to Troy & Dan?
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Postby Wedgie » Tue Jul 18, 2023 8:39 am

gazzamagoo wrote:
mal wrote:Speaking of Menzel's

I wonder if he's related to Troy & Dan?

Don't think so, Alby came from Victoria and Dan and Troy's Grandpa on his Dad's side (my Uncle) was always a Northern suburbs boy when I was born and I'd imagine the Adelaide Hills before that.
I'm sure my Mum would have told me if there was a connection as she was a big Norwood/Alby Menzel fan and she was always very close to Dan and Troy's grandparents.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2050 times
Been liked: 3894 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL