2023 Adelaide Footy League - Division 7

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: 2023 Adelaide Footy League - Division 7

Postby The Bedge » Tue Jun 27, 2023 2:01 pm

carey wrote:
The Bedge wrote:Cartwheeled my off peg one day in an U21 game on the way to a lazy 7/28 :(

My 83 year grandmother could do that.....

That's why she's the best cricketer in your family.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4003 times

Postby carey » Tue Jun 27, 2023 2:03 pm

The Bedge wrote:
carey wrote:
The Bedge wrote:Cartwheeled my off peg one day in an U21 game on the way to a lazy 7/28 :(

My 83 year grandmother could do that.....

That's why she's the best cricketer in your family.

Bitch cant fight tho
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2809 times
Been liked: 2997 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Yank Man » Tue Jun 27, 2023 8:57 pm

morell wrote:Nah **** him he's a peanut

Hahaha, bloody hell morell he was ordinary back in 2012 when he played for the Lions. :D :D :D

But that said, countless ADFL best and fairest’s, countless Edwardstown’s best and fairests, but at some point you just have to realise when it’s over. That moment was one of THE best footy legend moments I’ve ever seen. He’s a peanut :D :D and he reads his, so I expect a call tomorrow. :?
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 317 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby morell » Wed Jun 28, 2023 5:53 pm

Yank Man wrote:
morell wrote:Nah **** him he's a peanut

Hahaha, bloody hell morell he was ordinary back in 2012 when he played for the Lions. :D :D :D

But that said, countless ADFL best and fairest’s, countless Edwardstown’s best and fairests, but at some point you just have to realise when it’s over. That moment was one of THE best footy legend moments I’ve ever seen. He’s a peanut :D :D and he reads his, so I expect a call tomorrow. :?

Just hope he managed to get the mud out from his underarm that I deftly placed there for him at half time
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby morell » Thu Jun 29, 2023 7:42 am

Looks like old mate is going viral. Featured on Mad Monday and Ultimate Ressie
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Jun 29, 2023 2:02 pm

morell wrote:Looks like old mate is going viral. Featured on Mad Monday and Ultimate Ressie

with Benny Hill music, no less
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:36 am

Footy Chick wrote:
morell wrote:Looks like old mate is going viral. Featured on Mad Monday and Ultimate Ressie

with Benny Hill music, no less

stole my idea.
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3026 times
Been liked: 2401 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:39 am

woodublieve12 wrote:
S Demon wrote:
The Bedge wrote:https://www.dartfish.tv/Player?CR=p132071c552961m8149341

77:50:00 ... that was your moment champ :lol:

Almost Footy Legends stuff

=)) =)) =))

hahahahaha!!!! brilliant. I reckon you could play the benny hill music for atleast a minute prior and it wouldn't be out of place :lol:

"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jul 03, 2023 2:17 pm

Good day at Mitchell Park on the weekend. Ground was incredibly good condition! Especially given the rain we have had this season, couldn't believe how good it was.

First time seeing the new building - change rooms are (obviously) far superior to the previous ones, also liked the layout of the canteen and the space there. Couldn't get upstairs unfortunately as had to shoot off had young nieces / nephews with me, but did like the upstairs viewing area.. having a crowd up there on the tins hurling abuse & banter was quality, added bit more to the game and atmosphere.

Wasn't a huge fan of the look of the building though - reminded me a bit like a school building. Still pros and cons I guess. :D

Both games were hotly contested - they're a well coached outfit Mitchell Park, and have a lot of dangerous players. Staggers belief that they're sitting outside the 5 at the moment. Probably should've won both grades - B grade Ingle Farm just got the jump early and Parkers had to play catch up, A grade it was really about a 40min burst from Ingle Farm either side of half time that was the difference.

With Weekley at the helm, the Lions are on the right path - and honestly, would say they're in a better position than if Cabbage had stayed on.. really a blessing in disguise.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Sun Jul 09, 2023 8:42 am

A week later, ground not so good as Mitchell Park haha!

Awesome welcome to country from uncle Tim Graham at Para Hills yesterday, and great hospitality from the Roos in a wet miserable day for footy.

Not an easy gig with the dog kennel dog a change room, but as Bulldogs we appreciate the small cosy space - better than dressing in the rain outside!

Match was everything you’d expect from two sides having reasonable years - tough, hard, physical.. neither side wanting to give an inch, and the ground conditions just added to the difficulty. Farmers the beneficiary of some straight kicking early, built a match defining lead. Roos fought back hard in the second half without a bench and for the most part of the 3rd and 4th quarter looked every bit the side hyped to win the flag, and for the second week in a row appeared on track to sneak another come from behind win.

Lynton Power led well from the from, Mo Keita was huge in the ruck and thought Reid & Hrynkiw were strong down back. Thach and Travis still got it and are very dangerous.

Suspect we will see a bit more of each other in coming weeks.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Sun Jul 09, 2023 8:45 am

On another note, interesting how much two weeks can change things - Houghton looked shot a fortnight ago, suddenly find themselves in double chance territory back in 3rd and building towards finals.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Sticks28 » Wed Jul 12, 2023 9:37 am

farmers building something - good on them been a few tough years good to see they are bound for some success. I believe that club could be anything great oval, great clubrooms - just need good people at the club and hopefully climb the divisions & make it easier to recruit players cause its a great set up out there.
Sticks28
Under 16s

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 19 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Thu Jul 13, 2023 9:52 am

Sticks28 wrote:farmers building something - good on them been a few tough years good to see they are bound for some success. I believe that club could be anything great oval, great clubrooms - just need good people at the club and hopefully climb the divisions & make it easier to recruit players cause its a great set up out there.

Have they done a heap of work there?
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jul 17, 2023 10:32 am

Only a few weeks ago, Houghton looked shot - perilously close to dropping out the 5 - but since then the pre-season premiership favorites have roared back into life, moved into 3rd position with a very strong percentage.

3 wins on the trot including comprehensive wins over Flinders Uni and an annihilation of Hackham banked them a guaranteed return to finals action this season, and has setup a tantalising next couple of rounds against OSB Lonsdale and Mitchell Park.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jul 17, 2023 10:35 am

woodublieve12 wrote:
Sticks28 wrote:I believe that club could be anything great oval, great clubrooms - just need good people at the club.

More work to be done in the clubroom space, but has got a good setup - one of the better grounds / clubrooms in the lower divisions in my bias opinion.

Hill surrounds provide good windbreak, ground is in great condition at the moment - reasonable size without being too big or small, electronic scoreboard and balcony view of the game is always good to watch from.

Still has flaws and areas that need improvement, but overall not the worst place for footy.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Chappy » Mon Jul 17, 2023 11:00 am

The Bedge wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:
Sticks28 wrote:I believe that club could be anything great oval, great clubrooms - just need good people at the club.

More work to be done in the clubroom space, but has got a good setup - one of the better grounds / clubrooms in the lower divisions in my bias opinion.

Hill surrounds provide good windbreak, ground is in great condition at the moment - reasonable size without being too big or small, electronic scoreboard and balcony view of the game is always good to watch from.

Still has flaws and areas that need improvement, but overall not the worst place for footy.

Not to mention generous with a few jugs to visiting teams (something that is disappearing from local footy) :D Been a few years since Kenilworth have been out there though.

Anything is amplified by a second story balcony, Jealous of all clubs that have that, regardless of the set up.
Chappy
Rookie

Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 20 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Courtney Fish » Mon Jul 17, 2023 3:30 pm

The Bedge wrote:Only a few weeks ago, Houghton looked shot - perilously close to dropping out the 5 - but since then the pre-season premiership favorites have roared back into life, moved into 3rd position with a very strong percentage.

3 wins on the trot including comprehensive wins over Flinders Uni and an annihilation of Hackham banked them a guaranteed return to finals action this season, and has setup a tantalising next couple of rounds against OSB Lonsdale and Mitchell Park.

With Flinders probably making it 8 losses from 9 games in the next fortnight, both Lions would be looking to lock up a finals spot.
Courtney Fish
Under 16s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 25 times
Grassroots Team: OSB Lonsdale

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jul 17, 2023 4:28 pm

Only way current top 4 changes would be if Flinders University won their next two games, and OSB dropped both. Last 3 games will be interesting, top spot still well and truly up for grabs, and 5th place will be hotly contested. Mawson Lakes and Hackham could have a big say in who plays finals.

After Rd 14:
Group 1:
Ingle Farm
Para Hills
Houghton
OSB Lonsdale

Group 2:
Flinders Uni
Mitchell Park
Hackham
Mawson Lakes

In the B grade, Mitchell Park the big beneficiary, they'll get Hackham and Mawson Lakes again and avoid the top 2 sides. Next week vs Houghton is a massive game - if they can win that, then foreseeably they could win every game from here until finals, and sneak a top 2 spot.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Thu Jul 20, 2023 3:41 pm

Wonder if Mawson Lakes will get a B grade up this weekend? Less chance of copping a 200pt belting so they may.

Question will be whether they continue to play unregistered players or not to fill the sides.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Jul 21, 2023 12:06 pm

Congratulations @Morell on your 200th game this week :supz: :partyman: \:D/

Not bad for an old bloke on one leg :lol:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League