Ashes 2023

First Class Cricket Talk (International and State)

Re: Ashes 2023

Postby JK » Mon Jul 24, 2023 9:28 am

Wonder how old mate Tears Morgan is coping, anyone heard from him yet?
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4461 times
Been liked: 2988 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby stampy » Mon Jul 24, 2023 10:30 am

JK wrote:Wonder how old mate Tears Morgan is coping, anyone heard from him yet?

yep been crying a river and showing his hypocrisy compared to the series in 2013 when he applauded when the last day of the third test was washed out with them being 3/37 needing 300+, this pommy whinging has no bounds, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Go The Tiges!!!
stampy
Coach

Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 334 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby mal » Mon Jul 24, 2023 10:30 am

The irony of this is that its rained in Manchester , and there's bushfires on the Greek Island of Rhodes
mal
Coach

Has liked: 1155 times
Been liked: 909 times

Postby whufc » Mon Jul 24, 2023 10:31 am

Not the exact moment the players would have wanted to retain the Ashes but job done. Deserved the right with the first two wins.

Would be nice to win it 3-1 and here England claim to be the unluckiest team in the history of any sport in the world.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2531 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Corona Man » Mon Jul 24, 2023 12:03 pm

Ashes 2027.

I am getting in early.

Mrs C & I planned to go over to see some Ashes cricket soon after we were married, and before we had kids. It never happened.

Our Wedding day, was during the 1989 Ashes series. Midway through the 6th Test of that series at the Oval.

So 4 years out, I am starting the plans on what a trip to England & European trip may look like.

Fly to London, take in the test at the Rose Bowl - Southampton. A few days sightseeing in London. I did that 40 odd years ago, but I was a teenager then.

Over to Dublin, I'd like to play some golf there. Then back to London & the train through the Tunnel to Paris. Take in some Tour De France, before heading down to Rome for a look. Home via Dubai & Singapore sounds good.

If I am not semi retired by 2027, I will be bloody close too. We want to do one Europe trip - this one. Then when retired a USA trip. The key being do it before we get too bloody old.

4 years to stash some coin, and line it all up.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1279 times
Been liked: 3488 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Jul 24, 2023 12:08 pm

Corona Man wrote:Ashes 2027.

I am getting in early.

Mrs C & I planned to go over to see some Ashes cricket soon after we were married, and before we had kids. It never happened.

Our Wedding day, was during the 1989 Ashes series. Midway through the 6th Test of that series at the Oval.

So 4 years out, I am starting the plans on what a trip to England & European trip may look like.

Fly to London, take in the test at the Rose Bowl - Southampton. A few days sightseeing in London. I did that 40 odd years ago, but I was a teenager then.

Over to Dublin, I'd like to play some golf there. Then back to London & the train through the Tunnel to Paris. Take in some Tour De France, before heading down to Rome for a look. Home via Dubai & Singapore sounds good.

If I am not semi retired by 2027, I will be bloody close too. We want to do one Europe trip - this one. Then when retired a USA trip. The key being do it before we get too bloody old.

Thought you were already #semiretired

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11853 times
Been liked: 3601 times

Postby Armchair expert » Mon Jul 24, 2023 1:32 pm

Far out the poms are overlooking day 4 when Aus batted for 30 odd overs even though the poms dominated the test :?
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 385 times
Been liked: 1437 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby tigerpie » Mon Jul 24, 2023 1:35 pm

Mission accomplished.

What flavour hats we eating?

3-1 would be nice.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 501 times
Been liked: 431 times

Postby carey » Mon Jul 24, 2023 1:58 pm

whufc wrote:Not the exact moment the players would have wanted to retain the Ashes but job done. Deserved the right with the first two wins.

Would be nice to win it 3-1 and here England claim to be the unluckiest team in the history of any sport in the world.

Deserved the right, what a load of bullshit. its a 5 test series!
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2809 times
Been liked: 2997 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby whufc » Mon Jul 24, 2023 2:03 pm

carey wrote:
whufc wrote:Not the exact moment the players would have wanted to retain the Ashes but job done. Deserved the right with the first two wins.

Deserved the right, what a load of bullshit. its a 5 test series!

Yep with a drawn series meaning the current holders retain.

Won the first two tests so any weather interruptions from that point were going to work against England.

Since 2000 there has been 7 series held in England and only twice has there been 5 results in the one series. 2 nil up was as good as home when it came to retaining the Ashes, was only ever some bad weather or one really good batting innings away from not being able to lose the series.

If England got their selection right from the first test this series would still be alive. Only themselves to blame.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2531 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby mots02 » Mon Jul 24, 2023 2:11 pm

Armchair expert wrote:Far out the poms are overlooking day 4 when Aus batted for 30 odd overs even though the poms dominated the test :?

That narrative is not in the spirit of being hard done by and cheated by the weather and the bastard convicts.
mots02
League - Top 5

Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 881 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby Armchair expert » Mon Jul 24, 2023 3:30 pm

mots02 wrote:
Armchair expert wrote:Far out the poms are overlooking day 4 when Aus batted for 30 odd overs even though the poms dominated the test :?

That narrative is not in the spirit of being hard done by and cheated by the weather and the bastard convicts.

4 moral victories in a row!
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 385 times
Been liked: 1437 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby RB » Mon Jul 24, 2023 4:19 pm

R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1075 times

Postby mal » Mon Jul 24, 2023 5:24 pm

Now that the Ashes are where they belong it alters my thinking on selections for the 5th test
Thank goodness there is no LUCKworth Lewis system in cricket

MUST PLAY Murphy
But who to drop from the team , is a quandry

HAVE TO play Warner
Ive been advocating Davy should not be in the team on English past form all series
However, in view of his match winning batting in Australia, let him, finish his career overseas, by selecting him one more time
If I was his captain, I would say "David your best form is batting Bazball, lets play shots , like you used to do."
He is trying to bat too correctly- its not him at all
mal
Coach

Postby locky801 » Mon Jul 24, 2023 5:39 pm

mal wrote:Now that the Ashes are where they belong it alters my thinking on selections for the 5th test
Thank goodness there is no LUCKworth Lewis system in cricket

MUST PLAY Murphy
But who to drop from the team , is a quandry

HAVE TO play Warner
Ive been advocating Davy should not be in the team on English past form all series
However, in view of his match winning batting in Australia, let him, finish his career overseas, by selecting him one more time
If I was his captain, I would say "David your best form is batting Bazball, lets play shots , like you used to do."
He is trying to bat too correctly- its not him at all

Havent been a Warner fan for sometime but agree here with MaL
He hasnt done overly bad this series, has got a start, seems every time he has played a bad stroke it has cost him his wicket ( compared to Crawley whose edges and french cuts got no where near the stumps)

Play Murphy for Green,

I really hope this is Cummins last test as Aussie Captain, i feel the captaincy is taking its toll like to see him back to his best with the ball and bat without the added pressure of being captain, cant say he has done a bad job because the results are on the board its more a personal thing, as for someone to replace him have no idea
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3710 times
Been liked: 1170 times

Postby mal » Mon Jul 24, 2023 6:17 pm

Locky
I kinda agree with replacing Cummins as Captain for the reasons you have specified-but cant on performance
We have to take into consideration, we won a World Championship, and he is bringing back the Ashes from an English Series
So he has to be maintained as captain

Who would captain the team instead Sir Patrick ?
mal
Coach

Postby The Dark Knight » Mon Jul 24, 2023 6:31 pm

The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10340 times
Been liked: 1520 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Vamos » Mon Jul 24, 2023 7:10 pm

I am getting in early.

You're sorted, now what does the Mrs want to do ;)

When my mum & dad come over and say "we're going away this weekend" I reply "where" knowing it can be only one of two things, the response is always a "Quorn Cup" or "Clare Races" or "Warnambool Races" or "Geelong v Port at GMHBA"

C'mon Dad! :roll: :lol:
Whoops, there goes another year. Whoops, there goes another pint of beer.
Vamos
League - Top 5

Has liked: 354 times
Been liked: 476 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Jul 24, 2023 7:16 pm

Vamos wrote:

I am getting in early.

When my mum & dad come over and say "we're going away this weekend" I reply "where" knowing it can be only one of two things, the response is always a "Quorn Cup" or "Clare Races" or "Warnambool Races" or "Geelong v Port at GMHBA"

C'mon Dad! :roll: [emoji38]
Quorn Cup?? Is Booney your dad?

Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11853 times
Been liked: 3601 times

Postby amber_fluid » Mon Jul 24, 2023 7:17 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
Vamos wrote:

I am getting in early.

C'mon Dad! :roll: [emoji38]
Quorn Cup?? Is Booney your dad?

It would explain a few things…………..
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2227 times
Been liked: 2523 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Cricket