SANFL 2023 season

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: SANFL 2023 season

Postby Vamos » Sun Jul 30, 2023 5:27 pm

whybother wrote:Assuming Port Reserves finish 4th, whoever finishes 5th would have to play a port side able to play as many AFL listed players as they want, given the AFL side is in the finals. Correct or no?

Won't matter, Port won't win another game, but 17 is the limit. And to qualify, the player has to play a higher percentage in the SANFL.
Whoops, there goes another year. Whoops, there goes another pint of beer.
Vamos
League - Top 5

Has liked: 354 times
Been liked: 476 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby whybother » Sun Jul 30, 2023 5:33 pm

Are you sure of your anser? I thought that there was no restriction on local sides as long as ther AFL side was in the finals. I an't see Port AFL falling out of the top 8, or Port SANFL falling out of top 5.
whybother
Under 16s

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 97 times

Postby Vamos » Sun Jul 30, 2023 5:49 pm

whybother wrote:Are you sure of your anser? I thought that there was no restriction on local sides as long as ther AFL side was in the finals. I an't see Port AFL falling out of the top 8, or Port SANFL falling out of top 5.

Actually yeah, an AFL listed player doesn’t need to have played more SANFL if the AFL side is alive. Not sure on the limit though, what I said applies if the AFL side is out.

It's North's for the taking, Port will struggle to win another one in the sanfl.
Vamos
League - Top 5

Postby StrayDog » Sun Jul 30, 2023 6:07 pm

Vamos wrote:
whybother wrote:Are you sure of your anser? I thought that there was no restriction on local sides as long as ther AFL side was in the finals. I an't see Port AFL falling out of the top 8, or Port SANFL falling out of top 5.

Actually yeah, an AFL listed player doesn’t need to have played more SANFL if the AFL side is alive. Not sure on the limit though, what I said applies if the AFL side is out.

It's North's for the taking, Port will struggle to win another one in the sanfl.

Just North's?
"— here I opened wide the door; —
Darkness there, and nothing more."

- Edgar Allan Poe from " The Raven "

StrayDog
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1147 times
Been liked: 194 times

Postby Eagles2014 » Sun Jul 30, 2023 6:17 pm

Centrals lose the match but move up into the five, that’s a win :D
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 126 times
Been liked: 527 times

Postby Vamos » Sun Jul 30, 2023 6:22 pm

StrayDog wrote:
Vamos wrote:

Just North's?

Your mob are in already, Eagles & South too far back.
Vamos
League - Top 5

Postby StrayDog » Sun Jul 30, 2023 6:35 pm

Vamos wrote:
StrayDog wrote:
Vamos wrote:

Just North's?

Your mob are in already, Eagles & South too far back.

Ah, I got ya.

Not sure your mob are a sure thing to lose everything though.

StrayDog
League Bench Warmer

Postby StrayDog » Sun Jul 30, 2023 6:53 pm

Eagles2014 wrote:Centrals lose the match but move up into the five, that’s a win :D

Yeah, been going neck and neck on percentage with North for a few weeks now.

Apart from Glenelg, where the margin was still five goals, the Ravens have been smashing opponents for a month, so not reading too much into yesterday's reserves Sideshow regarding the Power still taking an Elimination Final spot.

Centrals need the points so a missed opportunity today. Other games aside, I'm not convinced we're such a sure thing against the leftovers in the last round.
Last edited by StrayDog on Sun Jul 30, 2023 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

StrayDog
League Bench Warmer

Postby Blacky » Sun Jul 30, 2023 7:28 pm

Westies to change their name from the blood's to the
HEARTBREAKERS
Current image:
Maximum dimensions; width: 100 pixels, height: 100 pixels, file size: 20.51 KiB
The avatar functionality is currently DISABLED.
Blacky
Reserves

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 40 times
Grassroots Team: Morphettville Park

Postby goddy11 » Sun Jul 30, 2023 8:40 pm

Don't know where to put this. Just saw this in the Advertiser. WTF has happened to Seb. Alway appeared such a nice guy .

Former MAFS contestant and SANFL footballer Sebastian Guilhaus arrested over drug bust in Adelaide’s west

A former reality TV star and SANFL footballer – once described as one of the state’s most eligible bachelors – is behind bars on remand after a huge drug bust.
A former reality television star and SANFL footballer, who was once described as one of the state’s most eligible bachelors, is behind bars on remand charged over a significant Adelaide drug bust.

Serious and Organised Crime Branch detectives arrested former Married At First Sight contestant and topless waiter Sebastian Guilhaus, 35, at his Croydon home on Friday.

Police also seized almost a 1kg of methamphetamine, with a street value worth at least $90,000, during a raid at the inner western suburbs address.

Senior detectives described the haul as “significant”, which came as a result of an ongoing drug trafficking investigation.

OnlyFans X-rated star Guilhaus, who is a former Woodville-West Torrens 198cm ruckman, appeared in the Adelaide Magistrates Court late on Friday, charged with one count of trafficking in a commercial quantity of methamphetamine.

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/sou ... erallPos=1
goddy11
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 564 times
Been liked: 211 times
Grassroots Team: Myponga-Sellicks

Postby whufc » Mon Jul 31, 2023 8:13 am

Not sure where to put this......but with 5k going to a C grade game at Lockleys on Friday it makes the SANFL notice that 'at some point' there is interest in football that is not the AFL.

Now i know the circumstances are different being a one-off game, being an extremely low level, which is the 'catch' to the marmalade boys but it also shows people dont just go to footy to watch the best of the best either.

I use tik-tok semi regularly more as a way to keep an eye on my daughters on there haha plus it does have great fitness content which is my line of work. Central have a tik tok account but no new content since the womens grand final and to be honest the only video existing are of the womens team. Surely the club realises the power of tik-tok and the presence it has with the 12-17 year olds who must be the SANFL unmet demand.

Now i dont think the SANFL can replicate what the marmalade boys have done but i do think the SANFL shoots itself in the foot more often than not.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2531 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby gazzamagoo » Mon Jul 31, 2023 8:36 am

what's a marmalade boy
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1660 times
Been liked: 649 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Wedgie » Mon Jul 31, 2023 8:46 am

Trevor?
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2050 times
Been liked: 3894 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby MW » Mon Jul 31, 2023 8:58 am

gazzamagoo wrote:what's a marmalade boy

:lol: come on boomer!
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2610 times
Been liked: 1850 times

Postby gazzamagoo » Mon Jul 31, 2023 10:20 am

Wedgie wrote:Trevor?

Lady?
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1660 times
Been liked: 649 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby RB » Mon Jul 31, 2023 11:06 am

whufc wrote: Now i dont think the SANFL can replicate what the marmalade boys have done but i do think the SANFL shoots itself in the foot more often than not.

The SANFL (organization) haven't shown any interest in the actual SANFL league comp, let alone in promoting it, in 25 years.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1075 times

Postby whufc » Mon Jul 31, 2023 11:55 am

RB wrote:
whufc wrote: Now i dont think the SANFL can replicate what the marmalade boys have done but i do think the SANFL shoots itself in the foot more often than not.

The SANFL (organization) haven't shown any interest in the actual SANFL league comp, let alone in promoting it, in 25 years.

Sadly youre bang on.....

Literally laid down their hands and relied solely on old timers bringing their children through the gates.

I just think if nothing else the SANFL should understand people are interested in football of all levels and there is a possible market for an alternative to the AFL
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2531 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Pseudo » Mon Jul 31, 2023 12:11 pm

The SANFL has not catered to its primary market for years. The fact that there are no games this weekend - in order to stretch the season out, to make it align with another league's requirements - is testament to this.
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1559 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Wedgie » Mon Jul 31, 2023 12:18 pm

Pseudo wrote:The SANFL has not catered to its primary market for years. The fact that there are no games this weekend - in order to stretch the season out, to make it align with another league's requirements - is testament to this.

I'm glad you posted this as I was planning on going to Woodville this Sunday! :lol:
I just assumed the next round would be this weekend. Silly me, I shouldn't assume anything with the SANFL.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2050 times
Been liked: 3894 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby RB » Mon Jul 31, 2023 12:24 pm

I recall that one of the (many) untruths propagated by the SANFL, the cancers and 6 crook league directors back in 2013 was that byes would be eliminated.

Perhaps it's not a 'bye' if all teams get one?
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1075 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL