West Croydon
No votes
Woodville South
5%

Total votes : 42

Re: 2023 Adelaide Footy League - Division 5

Postby The Bedge » Sun Sep 17, 2023 5:22 pm

Drama at Kilburn last night?
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4003 times

Postby Charlie30 » Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:27 pm

Old_mate21 wrote:Ha ha stop sooking, all prelims are neutral. It’s not a new thing. Top three means you get a double chance and that’s it. Next year finish top 2 and then you will have nothing to whinge about.

You're a goose mate. Only just changed to neutral preliminary finals. Kilburn get 2 home finals in their 100th year. Gepps will smash them. CLG had half a side 21 or under. Let's see where both clubs are at in a few years time. Still just hanging in there aren't ya?
Charlie30
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby whufc » Mon Sep 18, 2023 9:31 am

The Bedge wrote:Drama at Kilburn last night?

Go on???!
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2531 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby jake the snake » Mon Sep 18, 2023 10:59 am

Hearing a big fight between footballers and some local residents.
jake the snake
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 12 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Mon Sep 18, 2023 12:33 pm

jake the snake wrote:Hearing a big fight between footballers and some local residents.

That carpark has some history............
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 720 times
Been liked: 1072 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Bluedemon » Mon Sep 18, 2023 3:18 pm

Saturday 23rd September
Elizabeth Oval

Div 5 - GF - Gepps Cross v Kilburn (2:30pm)
Div 5R - GF - Kilburn v CLG (12:15pm)
C5 - GF - Woodville South v CLG (10:00am)
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 97 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Old_mate21 » Mon Sep 18, 2023 5:48 pm

Did you not know about it at the start of the year? Still having a sook about the weekend. That’s the beauty of finishing top 2 you get a double chance and it means if you lose your first final at home you get another one. It’s not rocket science. If CLG lost the first final and then had to Play at Kilburn again you would still sook. It’s good that you had a bunch of kids playing but if they have any real aspirations they won’t be staying at a Division five club for long.
Can definitely check back in a couple of years. I can already hear the whinging now.
Old_mate21
Rookie

Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 39 times

Postby Hector » Tue Sep 19, 2023 9:21 am

Charlie30 wrote:
Old_mate21 wrote:So finish top 2 in the A grade if you want guaranteed home finals. Pretty simple. The other SANFL grounds are all being used by higher grades.

Trinity finished 4th and got a home final. Not getting a home final hurts financially too. Ridiculous the preliminary is neutral. We earnt a home final by beating Kilburn on their home deck!

No, you earnt the right to have two cracks at making a GF. You have one team in there, stop worrying about where it is and enjoy the week and the day.
Hector
Rookie

Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 33 times

Postby Bluedemon » Tue Sep 19, 2023 11:35 am

Charlie30 wrote:
Old_mate21 wrote:Ha ha stop sooking, all prelims are neutral. It’s not a new thing. Top three means you get a double chance and that’s it. Next year finish top 2 and then you will have nothing to whinge about.

You're a goose mate. Only just changed to neutral preliminary finals. Kilburn get 2 home finals in their 100th year. Gepps will smash them. CLG had half a side 21 or under. Let's see where both clubs are at in a few years time. Still just hanging in there aren't ya?

it got changed to neutral finals for preliminary in 2020 due to COVID and at grounds that had the COVID action plan.

Kilburn got 2 home finals as they finished 2nd to host the Qualifying final, and lost so was able to host the 1st semi final as being the highest loser in that game.

I would be proud of what Zwecky is doing at the Den by bringing in some young players who have earnt their spot, future is bright down at the Den.
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Postby Eagles2014 » Tue Sep 19, 2023 1:00 pm

Bluedemon wrote:
Charlie30 wrote:

it got changed to neutral finals for preliminary in 2020 due to COVID and at grounds that had the COVID action plan.

Kilburn got 2 home finals as they finished 2nd to host the Qualifying final, and lost so was able to host the 1st semi final as being the highest loser in that game.

I would be proud of what Zwecky is doing at the Den by bringing in some young players who have earnt their spot, future is bright down at the Den.

Should Zwecky be called the "Hinkley" of the ADFL?

Seems to get lots of wins during the season and choke in Prelims and GF's?

Only know the Lockleys history over that period, dont want CLG to follow that path.
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 126 times
Been liked: 527 times

Postby scottroo » Tue Sep 19, 2023 1:14 pm

Abit harsh I reckon.

We played 6 under 18s Saturday against a team full of stars. We are extremely comfortable with the path we are on with Zwecky. In fact we are probably a year ahead of plan
scottroo
League - Best 21

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 172 times

Postby zedman » Tue Sep 19, 2023 1:40 pm

Eagles2014 wrote:
Bluedemon wrote:
Charlie30 wrote:

Should Zwecky be called the "Hinkley" of the ADFL?

Seems to get lots of wins during the season and choke in Prelims and GF's?

Only know the Lockleys history over that period, dont want CLG to follow that path.

Haters going to hate eh?

Nothing wrong with being compared to an AFL coach though, thanks beagles.

2015 - 2020 at LFC there was one lost GF and one winning GF.

There were 2 finals won with direct entry to GF's and 2 prelims lost.

How about some respect for the teams that defeated us in those games?

Being successful isn't always about winning, you cant win every year, its about building culture and standards that players are keen to come to and be involved in. Maybe look at the 2022 Div 5 GF result and understand you don't always win even when you are the favorites.

In 2015 LFC was a club going nowhere, now they are a destination club fielding 4 men's teams. I'm very content that I left LFC in a much stronger position than I found it. Isn't that how a coach is judged??

I don't really think you give a **** what happens to CLG so your mock care is worthless.

Feel free to message me with your real name so we can discuss your thoughts further, rather than a weak drive by like this. I wont hold my breath waiting.

Cheers
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1079 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby Eagles2014 » Tue Sep 19, 2023 1:44 pm

scottroo wrote:Abit harsh I reckon.

We played 6 under 18s Saturday against a team full of stars. We are extremely comfortable with the path we are on with Zwecky. In fact we are probably a year ahead of plan

Agree, you are pretty young team with good signs for the future. Comparison was just with Lockleys who had some very good teams without achieving the ultimate year after year during that period.
Eagles2014
Veteran

Postby Eagles2014 » Tue Sep 19, 2023 1:51 pm

ZEDMAN goes BANG!!

Know a few of the CLG lads who have been rapt with the year. Know several Lockleys lads who say they have gone to another level over last couple of years.

Will have to check back in few years time and see what the results are then.

Reckon Hinkley will still be coach by then too :D
Eagles2014
Veteran

Postby The Big Shrek » Tue Sep 19, 2023 1:57 pm

Ha ha how’s the sooking by little Charlie on here!

I thought CLG did bloody well this year. Massive effort to beat us on our deck. Had a bunch of kids playing. All players dealt with my drunken ramblings with good humour. They will be contributing to global warming with the travelling they have had to do this finals series but that’s life.

Also could not agree more with Zed that life is about more than A grade success. Kilburn having 5 senior teams and many junior teams up and running means more in the long term than an A grade flag. As you get older you realise that more and more.
The Big Shrek
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 366 times

Postby Down the Hill » Tue Sep 19, 2023 2:45 pm

That's some of the most sense you've had to say on here Shrekky. As I've got older and care more about the future of my club rather than just focussing on the now then I also agree it's not all about Premierships. It's called Community Footy for a reason and it's just as much about providing a service to your community. If you do that fairly well then success or at least being highly competitive will generally be the outcome. This is where I think Gaza has run into problems. It must be challenging to run a club with a name that has no real identity linking it to the area.

Not sure how Eagles2014 can say that 'several Lockleys lads' have said they have gone to another level the last 2 years. They won A, B & C flags in the COVID year. Moved on the A grade coach and in the same division finished 5th in 2021 and were very lucky to make the GF in 2022 after winning 17 on the trot heading into finals and then choked on GF day. Won 12 out of 18 this year which included 3 losses to teams that missed finals (one that got relegated). Not many teams get promoted with that type of season so will be interesting to assess that 'another level' come June / July next year.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 276 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby scottroo » Tue Sep 19, 2023 2:49 pm

Has someone got a hold of big shreks phone today?

That’s possibly the nicest thing he’s ever said about another club.

We’ve got some work to do, but the foundations are in place for our long term future with a strong junior program. We will be looking at targeting more CLG juniors to return to the club in 2024.
scottroo
League - Best 21

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 172 times

Postby Eagles2014 » Tue Sep 19, 2023 3:39 pm

Down the Hill wrote:That's some of the most sense you've had to say on here Shrekky. As I've got older and care more about the future of my club rather than just focussing on the now then I also agree it's not all about Premierships. It's called Community Footy for a reason and it's just as much about providing a service to your community. If you do that fairly well then success or at least being highly competitive will generally be the outcome. This is where I think Gaza has run into problems. It must be challenging to run a club with a name that has no real identity linking it to the area.

Not sure how Eagles2014 can say that 'several Lockleys lads' have said they have gone to another level the last 2 years. They won A, B & C flags in the COVID year. Moved on the A grade coach and in the same division finished 5th in 2021 and were very lucky to make the GF in 2022 after winning 17 on the trot heading into finals and then choked on GF day. Won 12 out of 18 this year which included 3 losses to teams that missed finals (one that got relegated). Not many teams get promoted with that type of season so will be interesting to assess that 'another level' come June / July next year.

Thanks for your thoughts DTH, you always make a lot of sense whenever you post, whether re Brighton or not.

Need to look more closely at this year though, Ben Haren (100 goals last year and a gun) was overseas for middle part of year, they were just trying to hang on during this period and win enough games, they have had about 10-12 players back into A Grade over last 4-5 weeks, so peaking at the right time. Will destroy CBC I predict (famous last words :shock:).

They played average in GF last year and nearly pinched it. Will be very competitive next year with couple of decent recruits. Anyway, this discussion can be moved to Div 3 and leave the other commentary to the Div 5 teams :D
Eagles2014
Veteran

Postby Bluedemon » Tue Sep 19, 2023 4:04 pm

scottroo wrote:Has someone got a hold of big shreks phone today?

That’s possibly the nicest thing he’s ever said about another club.

We’ve got some work to do, but the foundations are in place for our long term future with a strong junior program. We will be looking at targeting more CLG juniors to return to the club in 2024.

You are on the correct pathway, having a good junior system helps to create the future senior players.
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Postby Brodlach » Tue Sep 19, 2023 4:12 pm

First time in decades they’ve had a full under 17/18 team come into seniors
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League