18%
Para Hills
57%
Smithfield
14%

Total votes : 28

Re: 2024 Adelaide Footy League - Division 7

Postby The Bedge » Thu Oct 26, 2023 4:13 pm

wenchbarwer wrote:Do players actively shop themselves? I assumed it was the other way, not that I've been involved with clubs for a long while

Both to be honest. Some players know they have worth - or at least discover it when a club contacts and then seem to test the waters around the place.. but clubs are straight onto potential recruits.

Our players this year, I was looking forward to a break at the end of footy season - less than a week after the GF players getting texts from other clubs about next year, so had no choice but to get back to work and lock them away.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4003 times

Postby Mr Beefy » Thu Oct 26, 2023 4:13 pm

redyellow&blue wrote:
The Bedge wrote:D7 - $100 max per player, $1,000 max weekly cap.
D6 - $150 max per player, $1,500 max weekly cap.
D5 - $200 max per player, $,1750 max weekly cap.
D4 - $250 max per player, $2,500 max weekly cap.
D3 - $300 max per player, $3,000 max weekly cap.
D2 - $400 max per player, $3,500 max weekly cap.
D1 - $600 max per player, go your hardest max weekly cap.

Shooting yourself in the foot there. and basically leaves no room for lower grade clubs to be able to entice higher grade players across so they can move up the ladder, not just circle in the same divisions.
And decent players in lower divs go to higher divs cos they can pay more.
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby wenchbarwer » Thu Oct 26, 2023 4:18 pm

The Bedge wrote:Both to be honest. Some players know they have worth - or at least discover it when a club contacts and then seem to test the waters around the place.. but clubs are straight onto potential recruits.

Our players this year, I was looking forward to a break at the end of footy season - less than a week after the GF players getting texts from other clubs about next year, so had no choice but to get back to work and lock them away.

Yeah, my mate did say that a few clubs had been messaging his lad straight after the H&A season, and a few more since then, and a couple wanting to "catch up"
wenchbarwer
Under 16s

Has liked: 289 times
Been liked: 82 times

Postby SecretInformant » Thu Oct 26, 2023 4:40 pm

wenchbarwer wrote:
The Bedge wrote:Both to be honest. Some players know they have worth - or at least discover it when a club contacts and then seem to test the waters around the place.. but clubs are straight onto potential recruits.

Yeah, my mate did say that a few clubs had been messaging his lad straight after the H&A season, and a few more since then, and a couple wanting to "catch up"

Social media makes it a hell of a lot worse as well with players feels a great sense of worth if they see themselves on a post saying they're the big club recruit. It puts alot of pressure on the volunteers responsible for keeping players at their own club.

Perhaps a transfer fee could also be a part of a cost paid to clubs who lose a player. If club X has to stump up $500 to sign a player from club Y you wouldn't have as many moving or clubs be willing to raid others.
SecretInformant

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Lofty

Postby whufc » Thu Oct 26, 2023 4:59 pm

wenchbarwer wrote:

Accepting that we have been fortunate to have success in recent times so can be selective. When we are messaging a player to play for us whether it’s an a grade recruit or myself looking to get an extra for the b grade it’s a 99% chance they are already known to the club in some shape or form. We hold our no dickhead policy in higher regard than ones ability to play, so for us it means a trusted player/club person is recommending them and potentially they have already expressed interest in us having a chat to them. We wouldn’t cold call some bloke because he played one good game against us or we saw his name in the best of another club a heap of times.

Each club to their own though pending their situation.
Last edited by whufc on Thu Oct 26, 2023 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2531 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby The Bedge » Thu Oct 26, 2023 5:01 pm

whufc wrote:wouldn’t cold call some bloke because he played one good game against us or we saw his name in the best of another club a heap of times.

That's coz no one knows you and wouldn't take your call... :P
The Bedge
Coach

Postby whufc » Thu Oct 26, 2023 5:06 pm

;) :lol:
The Bedge wrote:
whufc wrote:wouldn’t cold call some bloke because he played one good game against us or we saw his name in the best of another club a heap of times.

That's coz no one knows you and wouldn't take your call... :P

There is that as well haha, got to stay in your lane.

You better watch out or this loaded up country club will buy half your team with our 5 points.

And to think I was gonna send a gun a grader moving to the city your number…. :D
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2531 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby The Bedge » Thu Oct 26, 2023 5:10 pm

If he's a gun, he'd already have my number. 8) :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby locky801 » Thu Oct 26, 2023 5:27 pm

The Bedge wrote:If he's a gun, he'd already have my number. 8) :lol:

1800????
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3710 times
Been liked: 1170 times

Postby Hector » Thu Oct 26, 2023 7:41 pm

Any player wanting to change clubs goes into a draft, held immediately at the conclusion of the AFL draft, live streamed on the SA Footballer Facebook page. Clubs are ranked in reverse order from Div 7-1 (e.g Hackham #1 pick, PAOC last). Players can nominate what they wish to be paid, clubs can decide if willing to pay and pick players accordingly until no players left in draft pool.
Hector
Rookie

Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 33 times

Postby carey » Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:04 pm

Hector wrote:Any player wanting to change clubs goes into a draft, held immediately at the conclusion of the AFL draft, live streamed on the SA Footballer Facebook page. Clubs are ranked in reverse order from Div 7-1 (e.g Hackham #1 pick, PAOC last). Players can nominate what they wish to be paid, clubs can decide if willing to pay and pick players accordingly until no players left in draft pool.

Can I grab a kilo of you?

Thanks
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2809 times
Been liked: 2997 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Courtney Fish » Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:39 pm

carey wrote:
Hector wrote:Any player wanting to change clubs goes into a draft, held immediately at the conclusion of the AFL draft, live streamed on the SA Footballer Facebook page. Clubs are ranked in reverse order from Div 7-1 (e.g Hackham #1 pick, PAOC last). Players can nominate what they wish to be paid, clubs can decide if willing to pay and pick players accordingly until no players left in draft pool.

Can I grab a kilo of you?

Thanks

I hope you mean off
Courtney Fish
Under 16s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 25 times
Grassroots Team: OSB Lonsdale

Postby Courtney Fish » Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:45 pm

SecretInformant wrote:
wenchbarwer wrote:

Social media makes it a hell of a lot worse as well with players feels a great sense of worth if they see themselves on a post saying they're the big club recruit. It puts alot of pressure on the volunteers responsible for keeping players at their own club.

I think the socials announcements are more for the club supporters to see the club is actively trying to improve the list. Gives them some positivity over the offseason. And wouldn't current players be pleased with some good recruits joining them?
Courtney Fish
Under 16s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 25 times
Grassroots Team: OSB Lonsdale

Postby wenchbarwer » Fri Oct 27, 2023 8:20 am

whufc wrote:We wouldn’t cold call some bloke because he played one good game against us or we saw his name in the best of another club a heap of times.

Each club to their own though pending their situation.

He gets both, cold calls and acquaintances hitting him up. Helps when you're a 6'5 chf that can ruck/play on ball...
wenchbarwer
Under 16s

Postby The Bedge » Fri Oct 27, 2023 8:26 am

wenchbarwer wrote:He gets both, cold calls and acquaintances hitting him up. Helps when you're a 6'5 chf that can ruck/play on ball...

Oh yeah right.. what’s his name?

… and his phone number? :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby SecretInformant » Fri Oct 27, 2023 8:34 am

Courtney Fish wrote:
SecretInformant wrote:
wenchbarwer wrote:

I think the socials announcements are more for the club supporters to see the club is actively trying to improve the list. Gives them some positivity over the offseason. And wouldn't current players be pleased with some good recruits joining them?

Exactly, this is part of the problem. I understand wanting to improve the list and getting new players in and you don't want to be the club which isn't getting anyone however I don't think it needs to be plastered across social media in a 'look at us'. If your current players and supporters need to see new recruits on Facebook to know about them, you don't have a good internal communication network.
SecretInformant

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Lofty

Postby wenchbarwer » Fri Oct 27, 2023 8:36 am

The Bedge wrote:Oh yeah right.. what’s his name?

… and his phone number? :lol:

:D :D

The queue is lengthening by the day, got a couple of messages from country teams yesterday.

Back on the topic of Div 7, why do all of Brahma's recruits look like they're on day release?
wenchbarwer
Under 16s

Postby Dutchy » Fri Oct 27, 2023 8:37 am

Its the re-signings on social media that do my head in :roll:

No issues with new recruits
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2326 times
Been liked: 3506 times

Postby Tex123 » Fri Oct 27, 2023 8:40 am

Mr Beefy wrote:
redyellow&blue wrote:
The Bedge wrote:D7 - $100 max per player, $1,000 max weekly cap.
D6 - $150 max per player, $1,500 max weekly cap.
D5 - $200 max per player, $,1750 max weekly cap.
D4 - $250 max per player, $2,500 max weekly cap.
D3 - $300 max per player, $3,000 max weekly cap.
D2 - $400 max per player, $3,500 max weekly cap.
D1 - $600 max per player, go your hardest max weekly cap.

Shooting yourself in the foot there. and basically leaves no room for lower grade clubs to be able to entice higher grade players across so they can move up the ladder, not just circle in the same divisions.
And decent players in lower divs go to higher divs cos they can pay more.

Maybe reduce the amount of points the clubs have to play with, force them to develop home grown talent
Tex123
Mini-League

Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 1 time

Postby wenchbarwer » Fri Oct 27, 2023 8:42 am

Dutchy wrote:Its the re-signings on social media that do my head in :roll:

No issues with new recruits

Yeah, agree completely. But I can see with all the rounds doing the rumour mill that Old Mate is off to the bush for a truckload of cash, that a resigning or two could be beneficial for supporters.

No-one cares that your 37 year old B grade back pocket is going around again...
wenchbarwer
Under 16s

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League