PDCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: PDCA

Postby The Bedge » Mon Oct 30, 2023 2:46 pm

You would hope that in LO1 you wouldn't need to worry about teams cheating with front foot no balls.

In other news, Enfield three losses on the trot - no BedgeBad, no Earwigs :lol:
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4005 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Oct 30, 2023 2:48 pm

OKC! wrote:Fairly sure that 5 player law is a normal law in international cricket.

It is in the Big bash for sure.

And no more than 2 behind square? Rules brought in to stop negative legside bowling.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby OKC! » Mon Oct 30, 2023 2:50 pm

The Bedge wrote:
OKC! wrote:Fairly sure that 5 player law is a normal law in international cricket.

And no more than 2 behind square? Rules brought in to stop negative legside bowling.

Correct
The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.
OKC!
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 42 times
Grassroots Team: Pooraka

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Mon Oct 30, 2023 4:04 pm

The Bedge wrote:

The Laws of Cricket only restrict 2 players behind square on the on side. You are allowed more than 5 on the leg side so long as there are no more than 2 behind square. Not sure what happens in PDCA, but ATCA has a bylaw that restricts the number of fielders on the on side to 5, but only for one day games.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby no_remorse28 » Mon Oct 30, 2023 4:29 pm

The Bedge wrote:You would hope that in LO1 you wouldn't need to worry about teams cheating with front foot no balls.

In other news, Enfield three losses on the trot - no BedgeBad, no Earwigs :lol:

Arguably they have a better chance of winning a flag with out you, than with you.
no_remorse28
Reserves

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 71 times
Grassroots Team: Para Hills

Postby The Old Fellow » Mon Oct 30, 2023 4:54 pm

OKC! wrote:Ok, so after emailing Para Districts regarding the one day By-Laws, i found out some interesting info that i can almost guarantee has not been followed for the majority of games.

No 1) There must be a 25 meter circle marked out. 2 fielders inside for the first 10 and max 5 outside for the rest of the time. Failure to mark this line each game will result in a forfeit!

No 2) all leg sides are wides.

No 3) There are free hits for no ball front foots and full tosses over the waist.

I was of the understanding that these were always things that were assumed, but no one really played them all.

Was this everyone else's understanding? Since finding out this during the week, we have marked the circle, and i will be enforcing these laws at the toss for each game we play.

Thoughts?

Previously these were the rules for grades 1 and 2 only where official umpires are appointed. It was raised at the AGM when there was talk that LO1 getting umpires rather than grade 2. After it was finally decided that umpires would remain in grade 2 there was no further discussion in changing the LO 1 rules from last season so unless the Exec have changed something after the season has commenced these rules wouldn't apply to LO1. If they have changed after talking to some clubs who have had official umpires no-one has bothered to inform the umpires about the rule changes.
The Old Fellow
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: Barmera-Monash

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:02 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

The Laws of Cricket only restrict 2 players behind square on the on side. You are allowed more than 5 on the leg side so long as there are no more than 2 behind square. Not sure what happens in PDCA, but ATCA has a bylaw that restricts the number of fielders on the on side to 5, but only for one day games.

5 on leg side gets applied in one day games in the B&L by the umpires. Im not aware of it being a special by law for our comp which makes me think its a SACA by law or its being made up by the umpires after seeing it in the Big bash
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby The Old Fellow » Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:54 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

5 on leg side gets applied in one day games in the B&L by the umpires. Im not aware of it being a special by law for our comp which makes me think its a SACA by law or its being made up by the umpires after seeing it in the Big bash

5 on the leg side in one day games is not in the Laws of Cricket and is only a playing condition where it is applied. In the PDCA that playing condition is not applied so the maximum you can have on the leg side is 9.
The Old Fellow
Rookie

Postby whufc » Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:15 am

I think the 5 on the leg side is a much better by law than having the inner circle.

Heaps easier to umpire, no need to have volunteers doing line marking and still adds a bit of variety and strategy to the game.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5591 times
Been liked: 2531 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby The Bedge » Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:31 am

whufc wrote:I think the 5 on the leg side is a much better by law than having the inner circle.

Heaps easier to umpire, no need to have volunteers doing line marking and still adds a bit of variety and strategy to the game.

Both are easy to umpire.. so what if it takes an extra 10-15min to mark inner circle. You can buy the discs if you want to save money, doesn't have to be a full circle.

Personally I like it - even if people flirt with whether they're in or not - as long as they're not on the boundary, makes a massive difference.. I've played in many games where the opposition just load up on the boundary to defend a large score, it's shit.

Even Rd1 - we got off to a good start, suddenly Warriors had 6 on the boundary. It's negative shit cricket.

Leg side wides are easy to adjudicate and should be included also.

5 on the leg I thought was a rule but obviously not, but reality is can't imagine any captain or bowler worth a pinch of shit having or needing more than that on the leg. Don't be shit.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Oct 31, 2023 10:00 am

The Bedge wrote:
whufc wrote:I think the 5 on the leg side is a much better by law than having the inner circle.

Both are easy to umpire.. so what if it takes an extra 10-15min to mark inner circle. You can buy the discs if you want to save money, doesn't have to be a full circle.

Personally I like it - even if people flirt with whether they're in or not - as long as they're not on the boundary, makes a massive difference.. I've played in many games where the opposition just load up on the boundary to defend a large score, it's shit.

Even Rd1 - we got off to a good start, suddenly Warriors had 6 on the boundary. It's negative shit cricket.

Leg side wides are easy to adjudicate and should be included also.

5 on the leg I thought was a rule but obviously not, but reality is can't imagine any captain or bowler worth a pinch of shit having or needing more than that on the leg. Don't be shit.

Yep, I like the circle rule, 5 on the leg side is pure stupidity.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4347 times
Been liked: 7926 times

Postby OKC! » Tue Oct 31, 2023 10:19 am

5 on leg side only is a rule in cricket, maybe just not in all levels.

https://m.facebook.com/7CricketAU/videos/chris-green-spots-an-error-before-everyone-else/3028817837418447/

I like all the rules being implemented. We did the 25 meter circle with some black spray paint. Was entertaining group exercise to say the least.
OKC!
League Bench Warmer

Postby The Bedge » Thu Nov 02, 2023 1:42 pm

Rules aside, I must say there is a different feeling around the comp, and some of the initiatives being trialed are good i.e. captains reports.

Even the increased presence on Facebook is a welcome sight - even if it's just scores at the moment, it's nice to know someone is putting in the effort to put them up each week and create some traffic.

It'll never be perfect, and we will always find something to complain about - but feels like there is new energy this year. Trying stuff. No just idly sitting by allowing things to continue because that's the way it's always been.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby whufc » Thu Nov 02, 2023 2:23 pm

The Bedge wrote:Rules aside, I must say there is a different feeling around the comp, and some of the initiatives being trialed are good i.e. captains reports.

Even the increased presence on Facebook is a welcome sight - even if it's just scores at the moment, it's nice to know someone is putting in the effort to put them up each week and create some traffic.

It'll never be perfect, and we will always find something to complain about - but feels like there is new energy this year. Trying stuff. No just idly sitting by allowing things to continue because that's the way it's always been.

Don't play in the comp but agree that as an outsider someone putting effort into producing some scores and a little spiel is pleasing to see and screams of someone who cares for the comp.

Good work to whoever that is.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5591 times
Been liked: 2531 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby daysofourlives » Thu Nov 02, 2023 4:57 pm

The Bedge wrote:Rules aside, I must say there is a different feeling around the comp, and some of the initiatives being trialed are good i.e. captains reports.

Is the comp being administered by SACA now?
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby The Old Fellow » Thu Nov 02, 2023 7:44 pm

daysofourlives wrote:

Is the comp being administered by SACA now?

Only the juniors are being administered by SACA now the same as the other metro junior comps. Seniors are still run by a committee elected by the clubs. There is a bit of new blood now on there, but believe the driving force are basically the same ones.
The Old Fellow
Rookie

Postby The Bedge » Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:32 am

Grade 1
Three games in, starting to get a feel for it. North Pines sadly in for a long season - looked a chance against ATCO before totally capitulating. Fair play to the 'backs though, they took the jump up to G1 to fill the void.

Eyre Royals sitting pretty on top, but will be tested in coming weeks - Westies this week should give an indication on where they're at. You'd expect SW to begin to make their move, whilst Virginia could put a serious dampener on Craigmore's season hopes this upcoming round.

Eastern Park in 2nd with 2 wins, not overly convincing, but their match this week with ATCO could really be a pivotal factor on whether they play finals or not. A loss would have them back with the pack, a win would keep them ahead of the curve.

Virginia v Westies GF for me.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:39 am

LO1
Units unstoppable, Woodward taking the piss.. Gardens not far behind probably on even keel with Dublin - although rumours growing the Sharks have picked up a couple more players to strengthen their squad.

Enfield into the 4 barely clear of Union, NEK and Vista. Pirates not far behind that group, and Hazara only a couple points further back than that. Pretty even middle of the table from 3 to 9 should make for some interesting matches over the season.

Pirates were a good bunch Saturday, relaxed, social game of cricket - Enfield made a mess of a simple run chase, but meh a win is a win.. and the Earwigs remain undefeated with Bedge in the side. :lol:

This week will be interesting - Pirates vs NEK looks good, but obviously Units vs Gardens the match of the round. Parafield have the firepower with the bat to match Woody and the Units.

Vista will be keen for a win over the bottom placed Warriors - but get Hodson cheap and it could be an upset win to the Warriors.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby OKC! » Tue Nov 14, 2023 3:20 pm

The Bedge wrote:LO1
Units unstoppable, Woodward taking the piss.. Gardens not far behind probably on even keel with Dublin - although rumours growing the Sharks have picked up a couple more players to strengthen their squad.

Enfield into the 4 barely clear of Union, NEK and Vista. Pirates not far behind that group, and Hazara only a couple points further back than that. Pretty even middle of the table from 3 to 9 should make for some interesting matches over the season.

Pirates were a good bunch Saturday, relaxed, social game of cricket - Enfield made a mess of a simple run chase, but meh a win is a win.. and the Earwigs remain undefeated with Bedge in the side. :lol:

This week will be interesting - Pirates vs NEK looks good, but obviously Units vs Gardens the match of the round. Parafield have the firepower with the bat to match Woody and the Units.

Vista will be keen for a win over the bottom placed Warriors - but get Hodson cheap and it could be an upset win to the Warriors.

Absolute Legends.
OKC!
League Bench Warmer

Postby The Old Fellow » Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:26 pm

OKC! wrote:
The Bedge wrote:LO1

Absolute Legends.

But did they have a fielding circle?
The Old Fellow
Rookie

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps