Recent travel to Ireland and Wales

Holidays, where, to go, how to get there, travel stories.

Recent travel to Ireland and Wales

Postby Psyber » Sun Nov 05, 2023 6:44 pm

My wife and I have just come back from driving around Ireland and Wales. We covered about 2500 Km in Ireland and a little less in Wales, driving anti-clockwise about both. The rural roads not much wider than the car were a bit of a challenge - you had to be ready to stop and back up if someone coming the other way on the bends appeared. However, everyone was cooperative and there were no major hassles.

Fuel was expensive - about AU$ 3.60 a litre.

Our first stop in Wales after landing in Holyhead from Dublin by ferry was Llanfair­pwllgwyngyll­gogery­chwyrn­drobwll­llan­tysilio­gogo­goch - a place not to be missed if only for its name!
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 390 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Re: Recent travel to Ireland and Wales

Postby dedja » Sun Nov 05, 2023 7:45 pm

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 996 times

Re: Recent travel to Ireland and Wales

Postby Booney » Mon Nov 06, 2023 2:28 pm

Psyber wrote:My wife and I have just come back from driving around Ireland and Wales. We covered about 2500 Km in Ireland and a little less in Wales, driving anti-clockwise about both. The rural roads not much wider than the car were a bit of a challenge - you had to be ready to stop and back up if someone coming the other way on the bends appeared. However, everyone was cooperative and there were no major hassles.

Fuel was expensive - about AU$ 3.60 a litre.

Our first stop in Wales after landing in Holyhead from Dublin by ferry was Llanfair­pwllgwyngyll­gogery­chwyrn­drobwll­llan­tysilio­gogo­goch - a place not to be missed if only for its name!

With 2 L's in 2 of my names I'm of Welsh blood, but my word Welsh is as hard an any language to learn. It really is hereditary, you have to be born with the skill.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10781 times

Board index   General Talk  Travel