St Pauls OS
No votes

Total votes : 37

Re: 2024 Adelaide Footy League - Division 6

Postby redyellow&blue » Thu Nov 09, 2023 10:12 am

#bleedredandblue wrote:
Demon Juke wrote:
Arch44 wrote:Salty comes to mind

What ever you think mate, you can't see that it is poor form. I never mentioned the amount promised to them on here you are the only one keeps telling me you only have a set budget.I don't care what you are paying them that's your business, but do it with your money.

Benny Russell on $700 a game definitely fits into the budget :)

Demo, Dylan Richardson and makris getting 1k between them also fit into the budget :)

Just hope that all the homegrown/local players that have put in the hard yards over the last couple years don’t mind 4 players taking up majority of that large budget Fitzroy have, sure if they are winning games everyone involved will be stoked :) :) :)

Jesus.

They sound like Riverland $$ Numbers.
redyellow&blue
Rookie

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 38 times

Postby whufc » Thu Nov 09, 2023 10:22 am

Finding out what a mate is on at a certain club is identical to asking a mate how many girls he has slept with. The answer is always doubled :lol: :lol:
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2531 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Purple Warrior » Thu Nov 09, 2023 12:12 pm

Makris get paid to play footy? Worlds gone mad. Fringe A grader at best. About 10 years ago.
Purple Warrior

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 14 times

Postby Footballcanbecruel » Thu Nov 09, 2023 2:37 pm

#bleedredandblue wrote:
Demon Juke wrote:

What ever you think mate, you can't see that it is poor form. I never mentioned the amount promised to them on here you are the only one keeps telling me you only have a set budget.I don't care what you are paying them that's your business, but do it with your money.

Demo, Dylan Richardson and makris getting 1k between them also fit into the budget :)

Just hope that all the homegrown/local players that have put in the hard yards over the last couple years don’t mind 4 players taking up majority of that large budget Fitzroy have, sure if they are winning games everyone involved will be stoked :) :) :)

Dylan Richardson worth every cent- DJ will kick 40 plus in a top 3 side in Division 6. The Roy’s now have BOSFC best mid small forward and best defensive mid in patty Meaney (went last year). Looks like 4 from central United? They’ll give eastern park a run. Eastern park hard to beat.
Footballcanbecruel
Mini-League

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: Blackfriars OS

Postby #bleedredandblue » Thu Nov 09, 2023 5:32 pm

Footballcanbecruel wrote:
#bleedredandblue wrote:
Demon Juke wrote:

Dylan Richardson worth every cent- DJ will kick 40 plus in a top 3 side in Division 6. The Roy’s now have BOSFC best mid small forward and best defensive mid in patty Meaney (went last year). Looks like 4 from central United? They’ll give eastern park a run. Eastern park hard to beat.

So we should be awarding “DJ” the medal now if he’s kicking 40 from the middle? as long as he’s not slipping on his own tears every 3 minutes when he doesn’t get the ball or get tackled to hard I’m sure he will do well

With DJ and the 4 from the units that’s 15 points? Best defensive mid BOS has seen makes it 17 points, they are definitely the team to beat and should belt eastern park who have only got 10 returning 0 pointers and 3 other average recruits..

Fitzroy
Ingle farm
Salisbury
Elizabeth
Eastern park
#bleedredandblue
Under 16s

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 52 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby Down the Hill » Thu Nov 09, 2023 5:39 pm

The D6 & D7 forums in November & December are always an early Christmas present for SA Footy enthusiasts.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 276 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby locky801 » Thu Nov 09, 2023 5:45 pm

Down the Hill wrote:The D6 & D7 forums in November & December are always an early Christmas present for SA Footy enthusiasts.

and very entertaining reading ;)
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3710 times
Been liked: 1170 times

Postby ConAir » Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:11 am

Down the Hill wrote:The D6 & D7 forums in November & December are always an early Christmas present for SA Footy enthusiasts.

Its depressing reading to be honest. If your club in Div 5-down cant get a side on the park to be competitive without paying shit plays overs than you shouldn't be fielding a team
ConAir
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Imperial

Postby redyellow&blue » Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:38 am

Without doubt. I've learnt so much about my own club these past few days... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Even clubs from Murray Bridge with their mad budgets are getting in on the action.

Great to see!
redyellow&blue
Rookie

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 38 times

Postby The Bedge » Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:45 am

redyellow&blue wrote:Without doubt. I've learnt so much about my own club these past few days... :lol: :lol: :lol: !

Don’t know what annoys me more - that you act dumb about what’s going on in your club, or if you are being genuine… which if you are is great cause for concern that you don’t even know what’s going on within the walls of your own club.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4003 times

Postby The Bedge » Fri Nov 10, 2023 11:08 am

ConAir wrote:

Its depressing reading to be honest. If your club in Div 5-down cant get a side on the park to be competitive without paying shit plays overs than you shouldn't be fielding a team

You just making shit up or what?
The Bedge
Coach

Postby ConAir » Fri Nov 10, 2023 1:44 pm

Sayin
The Bedge wrote:
ConAir wrote:

Saying it how it is. You show me where a club has succeed
ConAir
Mini-League

Postby The Bedge » Fri Nov 10, 2023 3:04 pm

ConAir wrote:
The Bedge wrote:
ConAir wrote:

Saying it how it is. You show me where a club has succeed

You show me where a club in D5, D6, D7 cant get a side on the park unless it pays "overs"?
Define "overs".
Reality is, whilst I love ragging on Fitzroy - if they're in a position to pay $200 or $300 for a player, that's their prerogative.. and last I looked they had a competitive side last year with homegrown kids.

Don't make this about D5 and down either - could've sworn Gaza were D3 and everyone knows they've been paying ridiculous money hence the crap they're in at the moment.

Even though money is paid in the lower grades, reality is it's a minority that would be getting paid anyway.. which debunks your theory of being able to field a competitive side without paying shit loads over.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Chappy » Fri Nov 10, 2023 4:05 pm

Naturally attracting players is easier as you move up in grades as well, so you have to have success to attract people in a sense.

There is no easy way to rise from the bottom, But if you have strong clubs all around you (especially out north and far south.. Hackham-OSB) then you may be forced into paying what some deem overs. Also hard to build a good juniors if you have strong clubs around you, so once again if you have to pay to grow then so be it. There are examples of this failing but if you dont naturally attract it what do you do? If you buy success it CAN (not always) breed further success along the way.

All clubs are in different positions, only clubs i would rag on are the teams that attract players who want a cheap flag and constantly move from club to club. Brahma are in that book, Then they welcome blokes back with fanfare despite those people abandoning them in their hour of need.
Chappy
Rookie

Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 20 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Fri Nov 10, 2023 6:12 pm

Can name 2 clubs in D1 that were paying blokes in D6 in the last 15-17 years. Can also name at least 4 clubs within that time that we’re paying blokes in that time that have never returned to D6 since leaving for at least the last 10 years. It’s not hard to see.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 741 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby MoP » Mon Nov 13, 2023 7:27 am

LaughingKookaburra wrote:Can name 2 clubs in D1 that were paying blokes in D6 in the last 15-17 years. Can also name at least 4 clubs within that time that we’re paying blokes in that time that have never returned to D6 since leaving for at least the last 10 years. It’s not hard to see.

Would be reasonably confident that Glenunga paid players when they were in Div 5 or 6, but is it really 'overs' to be paying guys like McMahon, Read, the Wundke brothers, etc, with the aim of getting into Div 1? Not only did they succeed in getting to Div 1, but those boys all stayed the journey and became Glenunga lads. If you have the right structures and processes in place, it makes sense to invest in good players/blokes who buy into the Club's philosophy.
MoP
Rookie

Been liked: 10 times

Postby Pag » Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:52 am

LaughingKookaburra wrote:Can name 2 clubs in D1 that were paying blokes in D6 in the last 15-17 years. Can also name at least 4 clubs within that time that we’re paying blokes in that time that have never returned to D6 since leaving for at least the last 10 years. It’s not hard to see.

Hope Valley, Westminster OS, Kenilworth, Lockleys etc. It can be done sustainably if the right people are running the show and the right players are brought in/brought through from juniors.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby jake the snake » Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:58 am

Pag, I’m pretty confident that a few of those clubs mentioned would be paying some guys ridiculous coin…
jake the snake
Under 16s

Been liked: 12 times

Postby ConAir » Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:34 am

2 Clubs for 15 16 years ago. That means there are a hell of a lot that have failed.
You don't pay monkeys to play, and that's what this division is doing!

If you're looking at Glenunga, have you seen the junior program? You invest in juniors, and you play higher grades. Its not rocket science.

Eastern Park comes to mind, and paid players who didn't invest in their junior program came crashing down. Sailsbury another, Fitzroy another Elizabeth.

Four clubs in this division tried the easy way, got caught out and came crashing down. It should teach all clubs that are paying stupid amounts for average players, and that's what this division really is - Its C1 A Grade.
ConAir
Mini-League

Postby The Bedge » Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:53 am

I don't know if you genuinely believe the tripe you put on here, or are just the ultimate troll.

Eastern Park - I can't recall them ever being in D6 to be honest. Not in the last 15yrs anyway.
Salisbury have dropped the past couple years but regularly around the D4-D5 mark.
Fitzroy have been in D6 for a while, and have a pretty healthy junior program.
Elizabeth had a good year in D6, and a bad year in D5, but have been around the D5-D6 mark for a while.

None of these sides have "tried the easy way and came crashing down". You also have no actual support to say they were paying stupid amounts for average players.

Clubs will fit where they may - not everyone can be a D1 - D2 club.
The Bedge
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League