The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby dedja » Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:16 pm

Not sure he has any clue about SANFL finances to be honest.
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 996 times

Postby Aerie » Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:07 pm

Summer SANFL

- Starts Mid-October, 8 clubs home and away plus 3 weeks of Finals. A 3-week break over Christmas/New Year, finishes with the Grand Final on the first Saturday in March at Adelaide Oval.
- Move on the cricket clubs from Woodville, Glenelg, Unley and Prospect to other locations (the SACA want less clubs anyway).
- 4 games per week on Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday beginning at 7:30pm, broadcast nation wide.
- Keep the women and juniors playing through the winter, add a winter U21 competition which feeds the league team in summer/replaces the reserves.
- Shorten the games to 16 minutes plus time on.

Fill the clubrooms all year. Have the ovals in better shape for league footy. Remove any competition from the AFL or community/country footy. Many players might have another club they play for in winter.

The SANFL still do all their work promoting grassroots football and providing pathways in winter and then have the pinnacle, that being the SANFL League Competition, as a standalone commercially attractive product over summer.
Aerie
Coach

Has liked: 147 times
Been liked: 506 times

Postby dedja » Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:26 pm

D’fuq?
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Postby topshelf » Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:48 pm

Not sure why power and crows people think the AFL will take away funding from the SANFL if they’re not in it. Not much really changes, we’ll still get the same funding for all the junior development programs. Port haven’t paid any money directly to the SANFL clubs and from memory the Crows stopped paying the $50k to each club around 2019. Port crowds are average now, Crows crowds below that. Media attention on the league will be the same and I think channel 7 will continue with the way things are. Can’t see the SANFL losing much from them leaving apart from maybe a couple of players in each side depending on how it’s structured.
topshelf
Rookie

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 32 times

Postby MJP1993 » Thu Dec 07, 2023 7:29 am

topshelf wrote:Not sure why power and crows people think the AFL will take away funding from the SANFL if they’re not in it. Not much really changes, we’ll still get the same funding for all the junior development programs. Port haven’t paid any money directly to the SANFL clubs and from memory the Crows stopped paying the $50k to each club around 2019. Port crowds are average now, Crows crowds below that. Media attention on the league will be the same and I think channel 7 will continue with the way things are. Can’t see the SANFL losing much from them leaving apart from maybe a couple of players in each side depending on how it’s structured.

Port crowds average ? I’ll assume you mean at Alberton games cause they struggle to drive up port road to oval ave .
Yep slightly more port fans than crows fans at away games
MJP1993
Under 18s

Has liked: 404 times
Been liked: 46 times

Postby Wedgie » Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:27 am

MJP1993 wrote:
topshelf wrote:Not sure why power and crows people think the AFL will take away funding from the SANFL if they’re not in it. Not much really changes, we’ll still get the same funding for all the junior development programs. Port haven’t paid any money directly to the SANFL clubs and from memory the Crows stopped paying the $50k to each club around 2019. Port crowds are average now, Crows crowds below that. Media attention on the league will be the same and I think channel 7 will continue with the way things are. Can’t see the SANFL losing much from them leaving apart from maybe a couple of players in each side depending on how it’s structured.

Port crowds average ? I’ll assume you mean at Alberton games cause they struggle to drive up port road to oval ave .

I think he meant average as in mediocre not an actual average of the league.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2050 times
Been liked: 3894 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby MJP1993 » Thu Dec 07, 2023 9:02 am

Wedgie wrote:
MJP1993 wrote:

I think he meant average as in mediocre not an actual average of the league.

Ahh ok that makes sense Wedgie
MJP1993
Under 18s

Has liked: 404 times
Been liked: 46 times

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Dec 07, 2023 9:06 am

Do Port and Crows sanfl games on TV rate higher than the other sanfl teams?
Anyone know if figures published anywhere?
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2227 times
Been liked: 2523 times

Postby knowledge » Thu Dec 07, 2023 9:07 am

No. Adelaide continue to pay $50K to each of the 8 SANFL clubs. I think you’re referring to the system of drafting. Each SANFL club now receives $50K regardless of whether they have 0 or 6 players drafted. This used to be on a drip system $12.5K on drafting, $12.5K on first game, $12.5K on 12 games, and so on…..
knowledge
Rookie

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 74 times

Postby topshelf » Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:51 pm

knowledge wrote:

No. Adelaide continue to pay $50K to each of the 8 SANFL clubs. I think you’re referring to the system of drafting. Each SANFL club now receives $50K regardless of whether they have 0 or 6 players drafted. This used to be on a drip system $12.5K on drafting, $12.5K on first game, $12.5K on 12 games, and so on…..

Nah, I meant the crows. Someone told me they stopped paying that when Covid hit, when they didn’t play in the SANFL that season and they haven’t paid the $50k each since. I’ll take it that’s wrong then from what you just wrote. $50k isn’t going to be a difference maker for clubs I wouldn’t haven’t thought but good to know they are still paying it for now.
topshelf
Rookie

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 32 times

Postby StrayDog » Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:40 pm

topshelf wrote:...$50k isn’t going to be a difference maker for clubs I wouldn’t haven’t thought but good to know they are still paying it for now.

Probably a similar financial effect to losing a single poker machine, at least in the short term.
"— here I opened wide the door; —
Darkness there, and nothing more."

- Edgar Allan Poe from " The Raven "

StrayDog
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1147 times
Been liked: 194 times

Postby MW » Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:43 pm

StrayDog wrote:
topshelf wrote:...$50k isn’t going to be a difference maker for clubs I wouldn’t haven’t thought but good to know they are still paying it for now.

Probably a similar financial effect to losing a single poker machine, at least in the short term.

50k for West would literally be the difference between staying or folding
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2610 times
Been liked: 1850 times

Postby Blacky » Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:45 pm

At least the cows paid money to the SANFL the port never have
I will be glad to see the back of both clubs
Last edited by Blacky on Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Current image:
Maximum dimensions; width: 100 pixels, height: 100 pixels, file size: 20.51 KiB
The avatar functionality is currently DISABLED.
Blacky
Reserves

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 40 times
Grassroots Team: Morphettville Park

Postby Blacky » Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:45 pm

At least the cows paid money to the SANFL the port never have
Last edited by Blacky on Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Current image:
Maximum dimensions; width: 100 pixels, height: 100 pixels, file size: 20.51 KiB
The avatar functionality is currently DISABLED.
Blacky
Reserves

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 40 times
Grassroots Team: Morphettville Park

Postby Spargo » Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:45 pm

MW wrote:
StrayDog wrote:

I was thinking the same. $50k is huge for at least 2 clubs I know of.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5487 times
Been liked: 5125 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Booney » Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:54 pm

Blacky wrote:At least the cows paid money to the SANFL the smears never have

You've got a mother, maybe a wife, a daughter or sister, grow the f*ck up.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10781 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu Dec 07, 2023 2:23 pm

dedja wrote:Not sure he has any clue about SANFL finances to be honest.

At least it led me to this article:

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2023/12/07/ ... expecting/

There were a few more tricks that Zorko didn't say

Frampton's role
the 6/6/6 infringement
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 720 times
Been liked: 1072 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby dedja » Thu Dec 07, 2023 2:29 pm

Nice diversion.

Frampton’s GF role? Well, he did manage to stop Andrews kicking any goals.
dedja
Coach

Postby StrayDog » Thu Dec 07, 2023 2:45 pm

Spargo wrote:
MW wrote:
StrayDog wrote:

I was thinking the same. $50k is huge for at least 2 clubs I know of.

No arguments there.
"— here I opened wide the door; —
Darkness there, and nothing more."

- Edgar Allan Poe from " The Raven "

StrayDog
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1147 times
Been liked: 194 times

Postby UK Fan » Thu Dec 07, 2023 2:47 pm

topshelf wrote:
knowledge wrote:

Nah, I meant the crows. Someone told me they stopped paying that when Covid hit, when they didn’t play in the SANFL that season and they haven’t paid the $50k each since. I’ll take it that’s wrong then from what you just wrote. $50k isn’t going to be a difference maker for clubs I wouldn’t haven’t thought but good to know they are still paying it for now.

I asked Greg Edwards earlier in the year have the crows started repaying now covid is over and he didnt know the answer. He stated "he would need to look into it" so I was of the same opinion.

Same with the licence repayments. Ther werent made during COVIC and Im not sure if the repayments have been caught up.
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1202 times
Been liked: 502 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL