Daily Golf - Where you are playing and how you go

Re: Daily Golf - Where you are playing and how you go

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Thu Dec 14, 2023 6:41 pm

Twilight

Flaggy - back 9

Tried something a little different with driver and had it more in the middle of stance

All bar 1 drive were solid.

Missed a dolly on 17th.

17pts.
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11853 times
Been liked: 3601 times

Postby Dutchy » Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:42 pm

48 & 15pts last night at a very windy Vines, best part of my game atm is my recovery shots, says a lot :lol:
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2326 times
Been liked: 3506 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Fri Dec 15, 2023 9:06 pm

Currently on holidays in Queenstown and played on “The Remarkables” at Millbrook. FMD what a course with absolutely stunning views, World Class facilities and course presentation! My work colleague and I won our 2 ball best ball tournament with 5 over. Prior to today the best course I had ever played on was Joondalup Resort, however we now have a new champion.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 741 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sat Dec 16, 2023 3:21 pm

Flaggy this morning for Par.

Sore right hip did put today's walk in doubt but with that Rapigel rubbed on we ploughed on.

Weather was cool, and at times slightly drizzly.

Started on 10th.
Poor drive, handy recovery, on green in 3. Birdie for a plus.

Front 9 finished all square.

On the 1st (10th) and hit a tree on right and then ended up in trees on left.
That summed up the back 9.
-7. And all the scrubs were all 1 pointers so there wasn't a horrendous scrub as such.

Course is looking in real good condition. Few bunker issues with recent rain but outside of that its good. Some of the fairways have the lushness underfoot to what the Vines have.
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Sat Dec 16, 2023 4:34 pm

LaughingKookaburra wrote:Currently on holidays in Queenstown and played on “The Remarkables” at Millbrook. FMD what a course with absolutely stunning views, World Class facilities and course presentation! My work colleague and I won our 2 ball best ball tournament with 5 over. Prior to today the best course I had ever played on was Joondalup Resort, however we now have a new champion.

What does it cost to play/hire clubs?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sat Dec 16, 2023 8:04 pm

Dutchy wrote:
LaughingKookaburra wrote:Currently on holidays in Queenstown and played on “The Remarkables” at Millbrook. FMD what a course with absolutely stunning views, World Class facilities and course presentation! My work colleague and I won our 2 ball best ball tournament with 5 over. Prior to today the best course I had ever played on was Joondalup Resort, however we now have a new champion.

What does it cost to play/hire clubs?

The package we had cost $400 with 18 holes, clubs, cart and a bag with balls and hat. Can absolutely see why they play the NZ Open there. Phenomenal course. Monday we are giving Jacks Point a go also.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 741 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby carey » Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:17 am

Rocked up to golf yesterday as hung over as 10 sailers and shot 39 points with 2 scrubs.

What could’ve been.

Sounds stupid, but I didn’t actually do anything great, I just didn’t do anything wrong. (Apart from the 2 scrubs) :lol:
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2809 times
Been liked: 2997 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sun Dec 17, 2023 1:41 pm

carey wrote:Rocked up to golf yesterday as hung over as 10 sailers and shot 39 points with 2 scrubs.

What could’ve been.

Sounds stupid, but I didn’t actually do anything great, I just didn’t do anything wrong. (Apart from the 2 scrubs) :lol:

How did you go in The Longest Day?
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby carey » Sun Dec 17, 2023 5:15 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
carey wrote:Rocked up to golf yesterday as hung over as 10 sailers and shot 39 points with 2 scrubs.

What could’ve been.

If not the hardest thing I’ve ever done, ridiculously close to it. Still have 2 blisters from it, albeit nearly gone. Teed off at 5.10am and finished about 6.45pm I was both mentally and physically fatigued definitely drained me. Over 35kms all walked.

So glad I did it tho, cancer council were amazing on the day random cancer patients come down walked a few holes with me, seriously put things in perspective when they’re thanking you so much for what you’re doing. I don’t care how big and tough you are I had the biggest lump in my throat seeing and hearing the stories I was so close to breaking down when a young girl told me her story. Cancer doesn’t discriminate that’s for sure.

Rips your heart out. If me doing that can help in anyway shape or form I’m obliged to do it, and will happily continue to do so.

Raised just over $15k next year I want to break the $20k mark.
carey
Coach

Postby Corona Man » Mon Dec 18, 2023 6:14 am

Sunday December 17th - Beacon Hills Golf Club

Had a hit yesterday with a social golf group I have been invited to join. Beacon Hills is a 27 hole layout in the outer Eastern area of Melbourne. Getting towards Berwick. Hour & a half from my joint!

Course is in fantastic knick, greens rolled very truely. Played as a guest of a member, and at $39 for the round, was good value for money.

Really other than hitting a few buckets of balls in the past week, it was my first hit since early Nov, at Aston Hills.

Beacon Hills is hilly.....Stirling Golf Club hilly. Probably more so. I was near cooked the 8th hole. Word is that the last time the group played here, 1 bloke had a heart attack.

Front 9 very very scratchy. If it wasn't for a birdie on the par 5 - third hole it would have been a disaster. Found every green side bunker on the front, and some of them are bloody deep.

Got it going on the back a bit, for 17 points. Started to hit the Stealth well. The side game was secured on the 18th hole.

I think my 25pts had me in second last spot for the day. Still, better than the NAGA I guess. Winner shot 78 - 7 over, reasonable golf.

Not sure where the next game is planned just yet.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1279 times
Been liked: 3488 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Dutchy » Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:02 am

carey wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:

What could’ve been.

If not the hardest thing I’ve ever done, ridiculously close to it. Still have 2 blisters from it, albeit nearly gone. Teed off at 5.10am and finished about 6.45pm I was both mentally and physically fatigued definitely drained me. Over 35kms all walked.

So glad I did it tho, cancer council were amazing on the day random cancer patients come down walked a few holes with me, seriously put things in perspective when they’re thanking you so much for what you’re doing. I don’t care how big and tough you are I had the biggest lump in my throat seeing and hearing the stories I was so close to breaking down when a young girl told me her story. Cancer doesn’t discriminate that’s for sure.

Rips your heart out. If me doing that can help in anyway shape or form I’m obliged to do it, and will happily continue to do so.

Magnificent mate, you should be extremely proud.

My son seems interested in doing it next year, might have to look into it, I think there is a 36 hole option, no way I could do further than that.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Spargo » Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:55 am

Playing Flaggy on New Year’s Eve @mighty_tiger_79, will need your cheat sheet at your earliest convenience…
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5487 times
Been liked: 5125 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:12 am

Dutchy wrote:
carey wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:

What could’ve been.

Magnificent mate, you should be extremely proud.

My son seems interested in doing it next year, might have to look into it, I think there is a 36 hole option, no way I could do further than that.

You can do 18, 36, 54 or the brutal 72.
I got through about 45 at norh adelaide a couple years ago but the heat killed me
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Dec 18, 2023 1:57 pm

Spargo wrote:Playing Flaggy on New Year’s Eve @mighty_tiger_79, will need your cheat sheet at your earliest convenience…

I'd avoid the bunkers. Some have been out of play due to recent storm damage and play as GUR which allows you to change you're approach on that hole. Can update this sat after ambrose.

The 1st is a par 5, trees down the right protecting the houses, that cop a battering on Sunday morning from the social players.
Not the longest par 5 as the old tee box is an overflow carpark area.
Fairway slopes right to left. Anything on fairway here is a good result, get over the hill and the ball gets some good run
I don't fear missing left, generally there is a shot to advance the ball forward.
The second shot is the hardest here. You need to start it up the tree line as it slopes quite severely and quite often get stuck behind a tree on left rough about 80m out. 2 bunkers on right hand side of green
Start with a 6 and it's a solid start.

2nd - Par 4.
I aim at the mounds on the right hand side and let the ball roll back towards middle of the fairway. If going left there are mounds to help protect your ball from the creek
Green has bunkers at the front on either side. The one on the right is slightly short of the green but it's rock hard.
The tee will determine whether a shot at the green is in play or just a lay up.

3rd - par 3
Bunker on the right is short of green and there are some swales to collect you're shot. Bunker on left was out of play yesterday. Another hole that slopes right to left should you land short of the green. Generally end up in that Bunker on left.

4th - par 5 Open up the shoulders here.
Down the left is the creek. Pines on the right which have collected many a ball.
Aim out at the bunker. Fairway slopes right to left. Get level with mounds/Bunker on tee and then you're in business.
2nd shot there's a Bunker about 70m short of green up on the right hand side.
Approaching the green aim out to the right wherever the flag is, green is right to left sloping towards a Bunker & dam.
Par is key here.

5th - Par 4
Get the drive out onto the fairway. Don't miss right can get stuck under trees and miss too far left and can restrict your options.
2 bunkers protect front of the green here.
I play the soft option and go for the bail out option green high on the left hand side.
A 5 here is a good result.

6th - par 4

OB up the right. Fairway slopes right to left and a lot of drives end up back on the 5th or behind a ghost gum....
Another green protected by bunkers either side but there is an opening to run the ball through.

7th - par 3
Over the very full dam.
Just get it over onto dry land.
Bunkers on the right hand side but the bunker on the left gets the most workout.
Take a 51 and move on.

8th - par 5
Need to aim a little left here. Creek down the right. Fairway slopes left to right.
2nd shot in here is crucial. The A grade route is to kick a goal through the gap that has trees on left and Creek down the right.
B grade route is left of the trees along the path.
Bunker runs almost length of green and can kill your score here.

9th - par 3
You will have a big Bunker staring at you, you tweak a little to the left and magnetic trees are there. An easy 8/9i get on green and 2 putt par.

If you can be a couple down after 9 youre travelling ok.
The back 9 for me is far easier.

10th - par 5
Two ways here.
Play it as intended and aim at the 2 gums on the left and fairway will bring it back to middle.
The approach shot here can be played 2 ways now as I found out Saturday.
Fairway front of green has been mowed and balls will feed onto it. Try and keep the approach on the left hand side as balls can disappear quickly to the right.
Alternatively, tee it up and hit over the trees about 150m on the right hand side and let the ball just feed onto 18th fairway.
From there a good 2nd shot will see you near enough to green high and a chip over trees and a putt.
Really need a 5 here.

11th - short par 4 up the hill. Bunkers on left and right.
220mish up hill for the John dalys. Or just poke up a tee shot on fairway and then chip up. Easiest gole on the course.

12th par 4.
Keep this middle left. The front bunker is going to be filled in and is gur. Many errant tee shots leak out into the right into the valley of death.
Bunker on left up at green. Can be a tricky hole depending on pin location.
5 is good here.

13th par 3
Bunker protects 75% of front of green. Pin is normally behind said bunker. Nice little 8-9i should do trick. Generally plays into a headwind.

14th par 3 a longer par 3 . Hardest green on the course, upside down saucer and pin location can make it feel like mini putt
Bunker on right. I normally play driver here off blues.

15th par 4
I look to just get tee shot on fairway at the 150mish marker.
Fairway slopes downhill left to right. Bunker front right was out of play yesterday.

16th par 4

OB on the left. Then on the right if you miss fairway and go down the slope you end up in all sorts.
The key is to find fairway but also far enough to beat the corner for a look at green.
Front right has a Swale.
Down the left of green is bunker.

17th par 4
A hole that just suit me.
Don't snap hook left, it's OB.
The key is to aim at the tree on the right at the beginning of the forest and slope will bring it back to fairway. But you also need to be long enough to best the corner. Can take driver but run the risk of running over mounds into trouble.
Bunker front left is out of play. Approach shot needs to be right of the green and watch it feed in on.
5 for me is a win here.

18th par 5

Off the Whites isn't too bad.
Creek runs down left. Will take a good drive and good 2nd shot to give you a shot at green in 3. Be wary of the hazard encroaching the fairway about 50m from green on left.
Is a very gettable par
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby Corona Man » Mon Dec 18, 2023 4:19 pm

On the strength of this course guide, Spargo will card a 67.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1279 times
Been liked: 3488 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Dec 18, 2023 6:56 pm

Should add on 16th the big hitters go over the OB... as we found out Saturday :lol:
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby Spargo » Mon Dec 18, 2023 9:17 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Should add on 16th the big hitters go over the OB... as we found out Saturday :lol:

Wonderful run down.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5487 times
Been liked: 5125 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:58 am

Corona Man wrote:On the strength of this course guide, Spargo will card a 67.

I was thinking perhaps giving Brysons 58 a nudge....

Should add there's rarely a flat lie out on the course
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby carey » Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:14 am

Mid Week comp. Stableford 33 Points

Started really well, Birdie, Par, Birdie, Par, Par just hitting the ball really well. Then the wind picks up, i have a high ball flight affected me a little bit but was still going ok, 20 points after 9 holes.

We were a group of 4, we then let a group of 3 through which held us up almost every hole on top of this had an issue at work and my phone literally didn't stop. Back 9 13 points Yuck, almost lost interest.

Twilight tomorrow night, Thursday comp then Murray Bridge Saturday.
carey
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Thu Dec 21, 2023 5:38 pm

Twilight

Battled away for 17pts.
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Other Sports  Golf