ATCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: ATCA

Postby mickey » Sun Nov 26, 2023 9:27 pm

cats2021 wrote:On the weekend Port Districts played a player I believe to be their Darren Lehman cricket Academy player. He played for Port Districts on Saturday then opened the Batting for West Torrens A grade on Sunday (2nd day of a two day game) I may be wrong but i believe this is against the rules and should end up being a forfeit and a woody south win? I'm sure Heyzer and Atca would be all over this with their astute knowledge of the competition and the rules.
Or West Torrens are in the wrong

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk
mickey
Coach

Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 313 times
Grassroots Team: Seaton Ramblers

Postby bulldogproud » Mon Nov 27, 2023 8:54 am

West Torrens A Grade did not even play on the weekend; their match was abandoned due to the weather. He couldn't be referring to the previous match either as the openers then were Bailey Capel and Kelvin Smith. Appears to be fake news; move on.
A Bulldog in winter; a WTDCC Eagle and OICC Wolf in Summer!
bulldogproud
League - Top 5

Has liked: 489 times
Been liked: 401 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby cats2021 » Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:07 am

bulldogproud wrote:West Torrens A Grade did not even play on the weekend; their match was abandoned due to the weather. He couldn't be referring to the previous match either as the openers then were Bailey Capel and Kelvin Smith. Appears to be fake news; move on.

Ok mate obviously your eyes don't work.. who opened on the Sunday and made 46 off 50 balls. Please let me know "fake news"
cats2021
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Woodville South

Postby The Bedge » Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:25 am

cats2021 wrote:Ok mate obviously your eyes don't work.. who opened on the Sunday and made 46 off 50 balls. Please let me know "fake news"

Oh that was Phil Inn :D
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4003 times

Postby Minimum Chips » Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:50 am

The Bedge wrote:
cats2021 wrote:Ok mate obviously your eyes don't work.. who opened on the Sunday and made 46 off 50 balls. Please let me know "fake news"

He did "fill in" on the Sunday as Smith and Capel didn't bat in the second innings for WT as they flew out with the 2nd X1 that day.
Minimum Chips
Under 18s

Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: Bute

Postby cats2021 » Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:32 am

Minimum Chips wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

He did "fill in" on the Sunday as Smith and Capel didn't bat in the second innings for WT as they flew out with the 2nd X1 that day.

So what's the ruling on this? I know the by-laws say it's 100% not allowed. But I also know heyzer and gade make up their own rules depending on what club it is.. so it's abit of an unknown
cats2021
Mini-League

Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Woodville South

Postby Tony Clifton » Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:56 am

Only fair to send West Torrens down to Divsion 2 with Kensington :D
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby Catter4lyfe » Mon Nov 27, 2023 11:25 am

cats2021 wrote:So what's the ruling on this? I know the by-laws say it's 100% not allowed. But I also know heyzer and gade make up their own rules depending on what club it is.. so it's abit of an unknown

Had this issue in a B1 game few years ago. Because the opposing club that broke the rules lost the game anyway I think they received a fine for breaking the rules but no further action.
Catter4lyfe
Mini-League

Been liked: 6 times
Grassroots Team: Walkerville

Postby bulldogproud » Mon Nov 27, 2023 12:47 pm

cats2021 wrote:
bulldogproud wrote:West Torrens A Grade did not even play on the weekend; their match was abandoned due to the weather. He couldn't be referring to the previous match either as the openers then were Bailey Capel and Kelvin Smith. Appears to be fake news; move on.

Ok mate obviously your eyes don't work.. who opened on the Sunday and made 46 off 50 balls. Please let me know "fake news"

My apologies, I stand corrected. However, I have had it confirmed that ATCA and SACA had both approved permits for the player to play for both clubs. It was all above board. You will find a number of players moving between SACA and ATCA teams through this season, playing one round for their SACA club and another round for their ATCA club. The only unusual thing this round was that it involved playing only half a match for West Torrens, being a fill-in on the Sunday. However, with West Torrens not having Johnson, Buckingham, Drew, Nielsen, Bailey, Smith, Manenti or Reuther available for the Sunday, this action was certainly needed. Thanks.
A Bulldog in winter; a WTDCC Eagle and OICC Wolf in Summer!
bulldogproud
League - Top 5

Has liked: 489 times
Been liked: 401 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby tigerpie » Sun Dec 03, 2023 12:07 pm

Mark Hanson playing b1 against us yesterday.
Not sure how many he ended up with but rotten luck to run in to that quality at that level.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 501 times
Been liked: 431 times

Postby Sonofbrowny25 » Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:31 am

might aswell call the t20s off now, no pitch is going to be ready
Sonofbrowny25
Under 18s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 25 times

Postby Arch44 » Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:48 pm

Sonofbrowny25 wrote:might aswell call the t20s off now, no pitch is going to be ready

Has been re scheduled to next Tuesday.
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby MoP » Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:47 am

bulldogproud wrote:
cats2021 wrote:

My apologies, I stand corrected. However, I have had it confirmed that ATCA and SACA had both approved permits for the player to play for both clubs. It was all above board. You will find a number of players moving between SACA and ATCA teams through this season, playing one round for their SACA club and another round for their ATCA club. The only unusual thing this round was that it involved playing only half a match for West Torrens, being a fill-in on the Sunday. However, with West Torrens not having Johnson, Buckingham, Drew, Nielsen, Bailey, Smith, Manenti or Reuther available for the Sunday, this action was certainly needed. Thanks.

*deleted*
MoP
Rookie

Been liked: 10 times

Postby no_remorse28 » Mon Dec 18, 2023 1:40 pm

Amazing chase by Para Hills on Saturday needing 16 off the last over vs Goodwood. Goodwood Skipper Alfie Gleadall bowled the last.over that went B, 5w, 2, X, lb, 5w, 4 to see Para Hills over the line. Alfie ended up with 18 wides for the game and Goodwood 26 as a team, which turned out really to be the difference needed. For me, one of the highest standards of cricket in A1 I've seen in a long time.

Also the most Poms I've seen in one game, Para Hills with 1 and Goodwood with 5.
no_remorse28
Reserves

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 71 times
Grassroots Team: Para Hills

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Dec 18, 2023 6:17 pm

no_remorse28 wrote:Amazing chase by Para Hills on Saturday needing 16 off the last over vs Goodwood. Goodwood Skipper Alfie Gleadall bowled the last.over that went B, 5w, 2, X, lb, 5w, 4 to see Para Hills over the line. Alfie ended up with 18 wides for the game and Goodwood 26 as a team, which turned out really to be the difference needed. For me, one of the highest standards of cricket in A1 I've seen in a long time.

Also the most Poms I've seen in one game, Para Hills with 1 and Goodwood with 5.

Pretty contradictory assessment, 26w is not a high standard in anyones books.
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby helicopterking » Mon Dec 18, 2023 6:32 pm

no_remorse28 wrote:Amazing chase by Para Hills on Saturday needing 16 off the last over vs Goodwood. Goodwood Skipper Alfie Gleadall bowled the last.over that went B, 5w, 2, X, lb, 5w, 4 to see Para Hills over the line. Alfie ended up with 18 wides for the game and Goodwood 26 as a team, which turned out really to be the difference needed. For me, one of the highest standards of cricket in A1 I've seen in a long time.

You’d think with so many Junior sides over the years, Goodwood wouldn’t need the amount of Poms they have.
Para Hills, to their credit, just find ways to get the Win.
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 667 times

Postby no_remorse28 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 12:54 pm

daysofourlives wrote:

Pretty contradictory assessment, 26w is not a high standard in anyones books.

18 unfortunately by Alfie, so I'll amend my previous statement and say besides a few of Alfie Gleadall's overs, it was one of the highest standards of A1 cricket I've seen in a long time.
no_remorse28
Reserves

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 71 times
Grassroots Team: Para Hills

Postby Bluedemon » Thu Jan 04, 2024 12:05 pm

What are people's views of not playing on the Test Match weekend?
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 97 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Trader » Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:56 pm

I'd play every weekend.
I'd also have played Dec 23rd.

But cricket is a casual game these days, and those that want to play need to give up on weekends to encourage those 'fringe' cricketers who aren't as keen, to still play.

I'd play, but the majority don't want to.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Bluedemon » Thu Jan 04, 2024 3:59 pm

I am the same, keen to play when i can
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 97 times