PAFC 2024

Talk on the national game

Re: PAFC 2024

Postby Spargo » Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:52 am

Booney wrote:
dedja wrote:
locky801 wrote:Kens keeping a very stable list for a long period of time here, one thinking another contract extension for the coach isnt far off ;)

Yep, lock him in for another 10 years. [-o<

I've never seen opposition clubs supporters rubbish a coach as much as they do Hinkley. The fascination you all have with Port Adelaide runs deep, doesn't it?

Don’t confuse fascination with amusement.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5487 times
Been liked: 5125 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Brodlach » Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:01 am

Spargo wrote:
Booney wrote:
dedja wrote:
locky801 wrote:Kens keeping a very stable list for a long period of time here, one thinking another contract extension for the coach isnt far off ;)

I've never seen opposition clubs supporters rubbish a coach as much as they do Hinkley. The fascination you all have with Port Adelaide runs deep, doesn't it?

:lol: :lol:
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:30 am

Booney wrote:
dedja wrote:

Thoughs on longmire boon??? ;) ;) ;) :lol:
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3026 times
Been liked: 2401 times

Postby Booney » Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:32 am

Don't doubt his coaching, he's just as boring as f*ck that's all.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10781 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:34 am

Booney wrote:Don't doubt his coaching, he's just as boring as f*ck that's all.

oddly enough, i actually don't mind Hinkley. I think a new coach would be good down at port, but it made sense to extend his contract.
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3026 times
Been liked: 2401 times

Postby RB » Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:51 am

Spargo wrote:
Booney wrote:
dedja wrote:

#banterclub
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1075 times

Postby mots02 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:21 am

Booney wrote:
dedja wrote:

In fairness to opposition club supporters, rarely does a coach serve up so much rubbish in which to create fascination / amusement ;)

mots02
League - Top 5

Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 881 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby dedja » Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:42 am

Booney wrote:
dedja wrote:

Except I don’t follow an AFL club. :lol:
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 996 times

Postby Booney » Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:13 am

No SANFL in AFL. Get out interloper. You don't belong here. Scum.

I'll reply with more as they come to mind.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby dedja » Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:37 am

Booney wrote:No SANFL in AFL. Get out interloper. You don't belong here. Scum.

Now you’re conflating issues, and also conflating what others have said to me. :lol:

Yep, I hate Port, but certainly no more than Norwood, and that hate pre-dated all the AFL stuff by decades.

After all the arrogance of Port over years, you expect people to go soft on them when, as an AFL identity or whatever they think they are these days because it all changes with the wind, they continually bomb out in finals and the coach is still there after 10 years? Poor Fos and Jack, their legacies are being trashed!

And to top it all off, that misplaced arrogance provides us with the Holy Grail of gems … 3 flags in 5 years? How’s that going? #-O

Seriously mate, be precious and play the victim if you want, and I truly sympathise with old school Port supporters (pre AFL), but your club is an AFL enterprise, and all those wonderful things that were the true Port Adelaide have long gone. I get it though, you want to fully support and defend your club.

Apparently it’s OK to use the usual old Bays stereotypes and jokes, but faark no, can’t come back the other way. I don’t care if you pull the old gays card, or all the GF loses, or the wife swapping 70s … it’s all good old fun and banter.

Despite all that, as with everyone else and all other clubs, if your actions require the piss to be taken, no-one is going to miss the opportunity.

Seriously, lighten up! O:)

With much love.
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:33 pm

Victim? :lol:

It was a joke based on my No AFL in the SANFL experiences.

Bex?

Edit*

The over reaction gets some love from Chester, who would have guessed? :lol:
Last edited by Booney on Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby am Bays » Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:44 pm

I think the re-drafting of @Dedja after an self enforced lay-off will enhance the performance of this site in 2024.

Finals are non-negotiable pass-mark....

The fact he's skipped the SANFL (SL.org) and gone straight to this site is indicative of past social media performances ;)
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 164 times
Been liked: 1812 times

Postby dedja » Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:46 pm

Booney wrote:Victim? :lol:

It was a joke based on my No AFL in the SANFL experiences.

Bex?

I would but I like my kidneys. :lol:

Anyway, get faarked. :X
dedja
Coach

Postby Vamos » Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:59 pm

Booney wrote:
dedja wrote:

Haven't had him as my Uber driver yet.
Whoops, there goes another year. Whoops, there goes another pint of beer.
Vamos
League - Top 5

Has liked: 354 times
Been liked: 476 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby Vamos » Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:01 pm

Booney wrote:
dedja wrote:

Obsession even :D
Whoops, there goes another year. Whoops, there goes another pint of beer.
Vamos
League - Top 5

Has liked: 354 times
Been liked: 476 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby locky801 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:07 pm

Vamos wrote:
Booney wrote:
dedja wrote:

i wasn't rubbishing him, in fact totally the opposite, players love him, if there were issues they wouldnt be signing long winded deals and i certainly dont have any fascination with the Power, its exactly the same as every other AFL team i dont give 2 hoots ;)
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3710 times
Been liked: 1170 times

Postby dedja » Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:11 pm

Vamos wrote:
Booney wrote:
dedja wrote:

I had Tredders the other day. :lol:
dedja
Coach

Postby UK Fan » Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:09 pm

dedja wrote:
Booney wrote:No SANFL in AFL. Get out interloper. You don't belong here. Scum.

Now you’re conflating issues, and also conflating what others have said to me. :lol:

Yep, I hate Port, but certainly no more than Norwood, and that hate pre-dated all the AFL stuff by decades.

After all the arrogance of Port over years, you expect people to go soft on them when, as an AFL identity or whatever they think they are these days because it all changes with the wind, they continually bomb out in finals and the coach is still there after 10 years? Poor Fos and Jack, their legacies are being trashed!

And to top it all off, that misplaced arrogance provides us with the Holy Grail of gems … 3 flags in 5 years? How’s that going? #-O

Seriously mate, be precious and play the victim if you want, and I truly sympathise with old school Port supporters (pre AFL), but your club is an AFL enterprise, and all those wonderful things that were the true Port Adelaide have long gone. I get it though, you want to fully support and defend your club.

Apparently it’s OK to use the usual old Bays stereotypes and jokes, but faark no, can’t come back the other way. I don’t care if you pull the old gays card, or all the GF loses, or the wife swapping 70s … it’s all good old fun and banter.

Despite all that, as with everyone else and all other clubs, if your actions require the piss to be taken, no-one is going to miss the opportunity.

Seriously, lighten up! O:)

With much love.

Early contender for POTY!!

#cangivecanttake
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1202 times
Been liked: 502 times

Postby Dutchy » Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:11 pm

The highly anticipated battle for a spot on Port Adelaide’s board will be a three-horse race.

The Power announced on Tuesday that just the three candidates will vie for the member elected position, which will be revealed at the club’s Annual General Meeting on February 9.

But while there are only three candidates, it will be one of the most intriguing board elections in the club’s long history.

Power premiership captain Warren Tredrea and seven-time SANFL winner and former board member Bruce Abernethy are running for the spot – along with incumbent Kathy Nagle whose three-year term has come to an end.

Tredrea, the Power’s all-time leading goalkicker, has been a vocal critic of Port Adelaide senior coach Ken Hinkley and questioned the decision by the club to re-sign him before its finals campaign last year.

He tried to immediately join the Power’s board last year but was knocked back by chairman David Koch.

Club great Abernethy was on the Power’s board from 2005-12 before being ousted as part of an AFL-demanded renewal in late 2012 that included the arrival of Koch as chairman.

The presence of two past players and greats of the club will make the contest fascinating with the potential of Tredrea and Abernethy going head-to-head diluting their support.

Nagle, the chief executive officer of Western Hospital, could benefit from the votes being split between the two club greats.

The online ballot process will be run independently by CorpVote and will open on January 25 and close on February 7.

To prevent any potential “stacking” only members as of October 31, 2023 or those who have signed up for the 2024 season before that date can vote.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2326 times
Been liked: 3506 times

Postby Booney » Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:18 am

Two horse race*

Western Hospital in financial strife, Kathy Nagle not standing for re-election.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL