Australian International Summer 2023/24

First Class Cricket Talk (International and State)

Re: Australian International Summer 2023/24

Postby The Bedge » Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:49 am

Jim05 wrote:Test team of the year 2023

Should please a few on here :)

Usman Khawaja
Dimuth Karunaratne
Kane Williamson
Joe Root
Travis Head
Ravindra Jadeja
Alex Carey
Pat Cummins (C)
R Ashwin
Mitchell Starc
Stuart Broad

Clearly whuffer didn't pick the side :P
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4003 times

Postby whufc » Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:54 am

The Bedge wrote:

Usman Khawaja
Dimuth Karunaratne
Kane Williamson
Joe Root
Travis Head
Ravindra Jadeja
Alex Carey
Pat Cummins (C)
R Ashwin
Mitchell Starc
Stuart Broad

I dont follow enough what the other keepers around the world do....it definitely wouldnt be Bairstow. I have no doubt Carey was the 'most consistent' across the year. I mean what keepers do other countries have at the moment :lol:

In all seriousness though Rizwan was by far the better keeper and batter in the recent Pakistan series but by the fact he wasnt selected in the first test probably means he didnt have the best of years.

Pant is the best keeper/batsmen in the world but has missed a bunch of cricket hasnt he?
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2531 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby The Bedge » Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:58 am

locky801 wrote:Plus they have been two of our more in form batsman (whoops sorry batpersons) in recent times

You could've just said "batters" :lol:
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4003 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:50 am

whufc wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

Usman Khawaja
Dimuth Karunaratne
Kane Williamson
Joe Root
Travis Head
Ravindra Jadeja
Alex Carey
Pat Cummins (C)
R Ashwin
Mitchell Starc
Stuart Broad

I dont follow enough what the other keepers around the world do....it definitely wouldnt be Bairstow. I have no doubt Carey was the 'most consistent' across the year. I mean what keepers do other countries have at the moment :lol:

In all seriousness though Rizwan was by far the better keeper and batter in the recent Pakistan series but by the fact he wasnt selected in the first test probably means he didnt have the best of years.

Pant is the best keeper/batsmen in the world but has missed a bunch of cricket hasnt he?

Yeah, Pants down
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4347 times
Been liked: 7926 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Wed Jan 24, 2024 11:17 am

whufc wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

Usman Khawaja
Dimuth Karunaratne
Kane Williamson
Joe Root
Travis Head
Ravindra Jadeja
Alex Carey
Pat Cummins (C)
R Ashwin
Mitchell Starc
Stuart Broad

I dont follow enough what the other keepers around the world do....it definitely wouldnt be Bairstow. I have no doubt Carey was the 'most consistent' across the year. I mean what keepers do other countries have at the moment [emoji38]

Pant had a car crash in December 2022 where all three key ligaments in his right knee were torn. He hasn't played professional cricket since but expected to return to playing in this year's IPL.

Rizwan didn't play in the first test (and only played two tests in 2023) because Pakistan preferred Sarfaraz Ahmed to him in the Test team.

As for other keepers around the world, Rizwan like you said and Tom Blundell are probably the two best keeper-batters IMO.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10340 times
Been liked: 1520 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby dedja » Wed Jan 24, 2024 11:29 am

Booney wrote:
dedja wrote:Pat, shut the faark up and just play cricket. :roll:

Takes wickets. Win trophies. Winds up boomers.

Love Captain Pat.

Woke, overrated, can’t captain to save his life.

Love,
Gen X
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 996 times

Postby Booney » Wed Jan 24, 2024 11:37 am

Woke, it once meant something now it's just used by Boomers to explain something they don't like or understand.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10781 times

Postby am Bays » Wed Jan 24, 2024 11:44 am

The Dark Knight wrote:
whufc wrote:
I dont follow enough what the other keepers around the world do....it definitely wouldnt be Bairstow. I have no doubt Carey was the 'most consistent' across the year. I mean what keepers do other countries have at the moment [emoji38]

Pant had a car crash in December 2022 where all three key ligaments in his right knee were torn. He hasn't played professional cricket since but expected to return to playing in this year's IPL.

Rizwan didn't play in the first test (and only played two tests in 2023) because Pakistan preferred Sarfaraz Ahmed to him in the Test team.

As for other keepers around the world, Rizwan like you said and Tom Blundell are probably the two best keeper-batters IMO.

The best wicket keeper in the world has just been announced as returning to England's team for the first test

Ben Foakes is back. it's daylight 2nd as the next best gloveman and he's a solid bat.(ave 32).
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 164 times
Been liked: 1812 times

Postby dedja » Wed Jan 24, 2024 11:45 am

We’re getting off track here, but woke is the modern word for hypocrite.

Don’t know who the boomers are that you keep referring to, they were before my time :lol:
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Jan 24, 2024 11:53 am

It's an attitude not a generation. ;)
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10781 times

Postby wenchbarwer » Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:55 pm

Booney wrote:It's an attitude not a generation. ;)

wenchbarwer
Under 16s

Has liked: 289 times
Been liked: 82 times

Postby Jim05 » Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:56 pm

am Bays wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:
whufc wrote:

Pant had a car crash in December 2022 where all three key ligaments in his right knee were torn. He hasn't played professional cricket since but expected to return to playing in this year's IPL.

The best wicket keeper in the world has just been announced as returning to England's team for the first test

Ben Foakes is back. it's daylight 2nd as the next best gloveman and he's a solid bat.(ave 32).
This bloke surely is the most overrated cricketer in the world. The Poms talk about him like he is a better version of Gilchrist yet he has done SFA so far
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3553 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby shoe boy » Wed Jan 24, 2024 1:13 pm

Love Captain Pat.[/quote]

Woke, overrated, can’t captain to save his life.

Love,
Gen X[/quote]
You taking the piss?
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby whufc » Wed Jan 24, 2024 1:16 pm

Surely they dont talk up Foakes batting....like others have said his batting is 'solid' but definitely not Gilchrist(esque)

Obviously dont watch ball by ball of the county comp but i do follow closely as the family is from a long line of Surrey fans being from the east of London. Foakes highlight reel keeping is next level.... look forward to seeing him back in the side.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2531 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby The Dark Knight » Wed Jan 24, 2024 1:50 pm

am Bays wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:
whufc wrote:

The best wicket keeper in the world has just been announced as returning to England's team for the first test.

That's why I wrote Keeper-Batter, I think (and their batting stats show) that Rizwan and Blundell are better test batsmen than Foakes.

Like you said Foakes is regarded as the best Wicketkeeper in test cricket, interesting to see how he goes in the upcoming India v England series, another reason why it's going to be a fascinating series.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10340 times
Been liked: 1520 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby am Bays » Wed Jan 24, 2024 2:02 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:
am Bays wrote:The best wicket keeper in the world has just been announced as returning to England's team for the first test.

That's why I wrote Keeper-Batter, I think (and their batting stats show) that Rizwan and Blundell are better test batsmen than Foakes.

Like you said Foakes is regarded as the best Wicketkeeper in test cricket, interesting to see how he goes in the upcoming India v England series, another reason why it's going to be a fascinating series.

Jim05 wrote:[ This bloke surely is the most overrated cricketer in the world. The Poms talk about him like he is a better version of Gilchrist yet he has done SFA so far

I can recall anyone putting him in Gilchrists class, he is talked up due to his glovework.

Yeah Blundell and Rizwan have better batting averages (39 and 40 respectively) but doesnt cover the gap in Foakes 'keeping, IMO.
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 164 times
Been liked: 1812 times

Postby Jim05 » Wed Jan 24, 2024 2:16 pm

Trav cleared of Covid and can play without restrictions but Cam Green and Ronnie have it and will face restrictions
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3553 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jan 24, 2024 2:26 pm

Sorry but woke is the most ridiculous adjective introduced, it should only be used as a verb.

I imagine anyone that uses it has a pencil with an eraser on the end in their pocket with their calculator.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4347 times
Been liked: 7926 times

Postby dedja » Wed Jan 24, 2024 2:28 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:Sorry but woke is the most ridiculous adjective introduced, it should only be used as a verb.

I imagine anyone that uses it has a pencil with an eraser on the end in their pocket with their calculator.

:-B
dedja
Coach

Postby RB » Wed Jan 24, 2024 2:28 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:Sorry but woke is the most ridiculous adjective introduced, it should only be used as a verb.

Woke post IMO.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1075 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Cricket