Para Hills
57%
Smithfield
14%

Total votes : 28

Re: 2024 Adelaide Footy League - Division 7

Postby wristwatcher » Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:54 am

Golly gosh, this was a good read. i must visit more often :D
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 847 times

Postby Courtney Fish » Sat Nov 25, 2023 2:48 pm

Interesting article in the paper today about Mawson Lakes oval. Uni SA selling the land to Renewal SA to then be sold to developers. Are they at risk of being moved on?
Courtney Fish
Under 16s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 25 times
Grassroots Team: OSB Lonsdale

Postby marbles » Tue Dec 05, 2023 1:00 pm

The Bedge wrote:What kind of shit club signs kids up for $250 a game?!

thats 250 robux points dude per game
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby shoe boy » Tue Dec 05, 2023 1:04 pm

Who?
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby Chappy » Tue Dec 05, 2023 1:14 pm

marbles wrote:

thats 250 robux points dude per game

$250 a gram
Chappy
Rookie

Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 20 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Pepsi » Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:02 am

How are we looking in Division 7 this year?

Havent seen much on Mawson Lakes?

Its early on but both Mitchell Park and Flinders uni look to have lost a few and are very low on numbers...could we see the merger once again?!

Brahma, Para Hill and Lonsdale seem to be the teams to beat
Pepsi
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Waikerie

Postby The Bedge » Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:56 am

Para Hills looking to add a 'D' grade is incredible stuff! Well done to all involved down the road - it's an amazing effort, wasn't that long ago the club was staring down the barrel of closing the doors.

I'm hoping for a Para Hills vs OSB Grand Final - that would be the best outcome for the competition as a whole.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4003 times

Postby beef » Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:27 pm

The Bedge wrote:Para Hills looking to add a 'D' grade is incredible stuff! Well done to all involved down the road - it's an amazing effort, wasn't that long ago the club was staring down the barrel of closing the doors.

I'm hoping for a Para Hills vs OSB Grand Final - that would be the best outcome for the competition as a whole.

Why not Brahma? Would love to hear your thoughts on them
beef
League - Best 21

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 255 times

Postby wenchbarwer » Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:31 pm

I would also like to hear Bedge's thoughts on Brahma
wenchbarwer
Under 16s

Has liked: 289 times
Been liked: 82 times

Postby The Bedge » Tue Jan 23, 2024 2:45 pm

Don't care much for Brahma at all. I acknowledge there are some good people associated with the club, but that's it. Guys like Matt Leigh have my respect - he stuck fat last year as coach when they could barely field a side after all their "premiership stars" left in droves.

They seem content being a powerhouse D7 side - where were all these "premiership stars" last season when the club was teetering on the brink of folding? This year they're gunning for their THIRD division 7 flag within FIVE seasons.. let that sink in. Strut around like peacocks when the going is good in the lowest grade, but all go cowering or chasing greener pastures when it looks like their is work to be done.

Clubs can operate however they like - I don't even care if clubs pay the stupid sums of money that are being spoken about out at Brahma - but for me what irritates me is the way they promote themselves when the going is good.. it borders on arrogance and bragging.. and the way they all get around themselves is puke worthy. By all means promote your club if you think it's in the best interests, but bit of humility wouldn't go astray either.

The nerve of their coaches contacting literally every player at our club - and then having the audacity to ask if we had a trainer for them was laughable.

I don't see them trying to make any effort to actually be a club - investment in junior programs, sustainability for the long term.. every time we have been there their own players / fans don't even stick around (unless it's a GF). The solution seems to be buy a team. no doubt they'll be cock-a-hoop this year running around winning games.. but at what cost?

At least clubs like Central United started a kids program and are putting work in.

Brahma's only saving grace was that Westies were kicked, coz if they weren't I doubt Brahma would have a club.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Arry Gablett » Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:20 pm

The Bedge wrote:Don't care much for Brahma at all. I acknowledge there are some good people associated with the club, but that's it. Guys like Matt Leigh have my respect - he stuck fat last year as coach when they could barely field a side after all their "premiership stars" left in droves.

They seem content being a powerhouse D7 side - where were all these "premiership stars" last season when the club was teetering on the brink of folding? This year they're gunning for their THIRD division 7 flag within FIVE seasons.. let that sink in. Strut around like peacocks when the going is good in the lowest grade, but all go cowering or chasing greener pastures when it looks like their is work to be done.

Clubs can operate however they like - I don't even care if clubs pay the stupid sums of money that are being spoken about out at Brahma - but for me what irritates me is the way they promote themselves when the going is good.. it borders on arrogance and bragging.. and the way they all get around themselves is puke worthy. By all means promote your club if you think it's in the best interests, but bit of humility wouldn't go astray either.

The nerve of their coaches contacting literally every player at our club - and then having the audacity to ask if we had a trainer for them was laughable.

I don't see them trying to make any effort to actually be a club - investment in junior programs, sustainability for the long term.. every time we have been there their own players / fans don't even stick around (unless it's a GF). The solution seems to be buy a team. no doubt they'll be cock-a-hoop this year running around winning games.. but at what cost?

At least clubs like Central United started a kids program and are putting work in.

Brahma's only saving grace was that Westies were kicked, coz if they weren't I doubt Brahma would have a club.

It’s division 7 footy surely you don’t pay fat useless blokes to play this standard
Arry Gablett
Under 16s

Been liked: 46 times

Postby The Bedge » Wed Jan 24, 2024 8:44 am

Arry Gablett wrote:It’s division 7 footy surely you don’t pay fat useless blokes to play this standard

No club in any division pays fat useless blokes - that's why they play C grade. 8)

Harsh view on D7 though - standard does drop away sharply, but there are some handy footballers running around, and some fit younger ones.. just not enough of them across individual clubs compared to higher divisions.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Wed Jan 24, 2024 8:45 am

Jan to Sept: D7 is shit football, players are all fat, useless and slow.. no one is worth a pinch of shit.
Sept to Dec: Let's raid D7 clubs of their best players.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby wenchbarwer » Wed Jan 24, 2024 8:49 am

The Bedge wrote:
Arry Gablett wrote:It’s division 7 footy surely you don’t pay fat useless blokes to play this standard

No club in any division pays fat useless blokes - that's why they play C grade. 8)

Harsh view on D7 though - standard does drop away sharply, but there are some handy footballers running around, and some fit younger ones.. just not enough of them across individual clubs compared to higher divisions.

Spot on, the top tier talent is pretty bloody good, I remember watching Terry Milera absolutely carve up for Marion a couple of years ago in Div 6. Same goes for Daniel Weetra for Para Hills the last couple of years
wenchbarwer
Under 16s

Postby Arry Gablett » Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:49 pm

wenchbarwer wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

Spot on, the top tier talent is pretty bloody good, I remember watching Terry Milera absolutely carve up for Marion a couple of years ago in Div 6. Same goes for Daniel Weetra for Para Hills the last couple of years

To be honest I made some huge assumptions
Never seen a div 7 game always been involved playing and coaching at div 2 Div 1 or SANFL

I’ll try to get to a game and eat humble pie as required
Arry Gablett
Under 16s

Been liked: 46 times

Postby whufc » Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:46 am

Genuine question as i wouldnt know. A bloke like Weetra would he walk into a div 1 team. I always presumed he would probably get an A grade game but would be more than likely a FP, HFF type rather than go to, key forward.

Bad assumptions??
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2531 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby wenchbarwer » Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:29 am

whufc wrote:Genuine question as i wouldnt know. A bloke like Weetra would he walk into a div 1 team. I always presumed he would probably get an A grade game but would be more than likely a FP, HFF type rather than go to, key forward.

Bad assumptions??

From what I've seen, he's only a key forward because he kicks goals, he's not big by any stretch of the imagination.

Looking at his PlayHQ, prior to Para Hills he was A grade at Angle Vale and A grade at Salisbury Nth in Div 1
wenchbarwer
Under 16s

Postby jo172 » Thu Jan 25, 2024 2:06 pm

From (limited) viewing over the years the best players in any individual D7 side get a game in any D1 side (and indeed blokes like Liam Davis turn out to be in the best handful of players in D1).

The bigger difference is once you get into players 11-21 you are looking at C/D Graders at the bigger/more successful clubs like PAOC, TTG, Golden Grove etc, hence why they've been able to historically hold their own playing D7.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1199 times
Been liked: 725 times

Postby carey » Thu Jan 25, 2024 3:13 pm

jo172 wrote:From (limited) viewing over the years the best players in any individual D7 side get a game in any D1 side (and indeed blokes like Liam Davis turn out to be in the best handful of players in D1).

The bigger difference is once you get into players 11-21 you are looking at C/D Graders at the bigger/more successful clubs like PAOC, TTG, Golden Grove etc, hence why they've been able to historically hold their own playing D7.

Please don't talk common sense and make valid points, it simply has no place on this site.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2809 times
Been liked: 2997 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby morell » Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:08 pm

You're doing gods work Bedge. :heart:
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times