ATCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: ATCA

Postby mickey » Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:27 pm

Going to be some interesting pitches Saturday. Absolutely ridiculous programming having a T20 tuesday with the public holiday tomorrow. Add in the rain today and minimal if any prep work tomorrow

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk
mickey
Coach

Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 313 times
Grassroots Team: Seaton Ramblers

Postby Bluedemon » Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:34 pm

mickey wrote:Going to be some interesting pitches Saturday. Absolutely ridiculous programming having a T20 tuesday with the public holiday tomorrow. Add in the rain today and minimal if any prep work tomorrow

I am not confident of getting a game on Saturday with this amount rain that we have had today
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 97 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Hector » Fri Jan 26, 2024 12:08 pm

Bluedemon wrote:
mickey wrote:Going to be some interesting pitches Saturday. Absolutely ridiculous programming having a T20 tuesday with the public holiday tomorrow. Add in the rain today and minimal if any prep work tomorrow

I am not confident of getting a game on Saturday with this amount rain that we have had today

Curators will either have to give up their time on a public holiday (of a long weekend at that) or be very early on Saturday to get the work in. The rain Thursday will have stuffed up all the prep plans.
Hector
Rookie

Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 33 times

Postby Port Pirie Power » Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:07 pm

Goodwood get out of trouble to get a score that should be to many for Marion.

Para Hills, Pooraka and Grange all fighting for top spot.
Port Pirie Power
Rookie

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 11 times

Postby no_remorse28 » Tue Jan 30, 2024 1:49 pm

Seems that Scotch College forgot to prepare a wicket for Saturdays game Vs Port Districts. What has been the usual course of action when this has occured in the past, I vaguely remember something similar with SPOC. Some Port Districts people are quite vocal on social media that they expect the forfeit win.
no_remorse28
Reserves

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 71 times
Grassroots Team: Para Hills

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Tue Jan 30, 2024 2:05 pm

no_remorse28 wrote:Seems that Scotch College forgot to prepare a wicket for Saturdays game Vs Port Districts. What has been the usual course of action when this has occured in the past, I vaguely remember something similar with SPOC. Some Port Districts people are quite vocal on social media that they expect the forfeit win.

Did they forget or were they unable to prepare a wicket? It would have been too wet Thursday to do any prep, so their curator would have to have worked on it Friday. Maybe he took the day off ..... it was a public holiday.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby Tony Clifton » Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:11 pm

What grade was it?

Two dayer or one dayer?
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:49 pm

Tony Clifton wrote:What grade was it?

Two dayer or one dayer?

Old Scotch v Port Districts in A1. First week of a 2 day game, so I assume they are playing a one dayer this week.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby Sonofbrowny25 » Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:36 am

pointy end of the season and seems to be a as tight as i can remember the ladder being. big games this week could determine finals and relegation
Sonofbrowny25
Under 18s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 25 times

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:41 pm

Sonofbrowny25 wrote:pointy end of the season and seems to be a as tight as i can remember the ladder being. big games this week could determine finals and relegation

I'll have a throw at the stumps ....
Top 4
Grange
Goodwood
Para Hills
Pooraka
Relegation
Flinders Park
Loser of Old Scotch v Woodville South round 11
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby The Bedge » Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:35 am

Any truth Pt Districts are still crying over the weekend, and have now gone to ATCA demanding the result be changed and them given the outright win?
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4003 times

Postby Sonofbrowny25 » Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:08 am

The Bedge wrote:Any truth Pt Districts are still crying over the weekend, and have now gone to ATCA demanding the result be changed and them given the outright win?

What is the reasoning ?
Sonofbrowny25
Under 18s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 25 times

Postby The Bedge » Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:49 am

Sonofbrowny25 wrote:
The Bedge wrote:Any truth Pt Districts are still crying over the weekend, and have now gone to ATCA demanding the result be changed and them given the outright win?

What is the reasoning ?

Claim they were robbed of an outright due to a conspiracy by umpires and Ingle Farm to pull stumps early.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Trader » Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:54 am

This the same team that complained and asked for a forfeit two weeks ago when a pitch wasn't prepared when we had 33mm of rain on the Thursday?
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby OKC! » Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:55 am

The Bedge wrote:
Sonofbrowny25 wrote:

What is the reasoning ?

Claim they were robbed of an outright due to a conspiracy by umpires and Ingle Farm to pull stumps early.

Was there time left in the day for more overs?
The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.
OKC!
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 42 times
Grassroots Team: Pooraka

Postby The Bedge » Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:03 pm

OKC! wrote:
The Bedge wrote:
Sonofbrowny25 wrote:

What is the reasoning ?

Was there time left in the day for more overs?

Stumps were called at 6:03pm apparently, but there were 4 overs remaining. An error by the umpire who should've played overs not time.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby OKC! » Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:09 pm

The Bedge wrote:Stumps were called at 6:03pm apparently, but there were 4 overs remaining. An error by the umpire who should've played overs not time.

Sheesh. Id be annoyed too. looking at the second innings, there would have been some chasing of the ball so time would have ticked on. .(not chasing 6 6's time but you know what i mean) Not Ingle Farms fault though.

It baffles me how they could get that wrong though. You would think A1 umpires would have some sort of idea. Not like its an out of the box situation. If the umpires were made aware of the error at the time and still refused to do anything about it you would have some reason to feel something needs to be done, but not at the expense of Ingle Farm. Tough one though.
The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.
OKC!
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 42 times
Grassroots Team: Pooraka

Postby no_remorse28 » Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:19 pm

Edited*

I'll find the post from the umpire and share.
Last edited by no_remorse28 on Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
no_remorse28
Reserves

Postby no_remorse28 » Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:22 pm

Never mind, I found it

From Michael Tripodi, the umpire.

Whilst I understand your sentiments Shane, as the umpire in charge in this game I wish to give my side to this unfortunate mess I created.

Upon the completion of the first innings we notified the captains that there were 54 overs remaining in the day, but I thought because it was the second innings on the second day we would end play at 6pm and this would take precedence over how many overs were bowled, (this is where I made the error in adjudication of the bylaws and have taken full responsibility for this error and I’m sincerely apologetic to both captains).
At the time neither captain or anyone else for that matter questioned or disagreed to my adjudication error, because of this consensus it didn’t give me any initial doubt for me to question my adjudication at the time.

So in theory 14 overs would be bowled by PD before tea leaving 40 overs for after.
Ingle farm captain decided to go for the outright win stating that they would bat for 26 overs leaving 25 of the 54(minus 3 overs for change of innings)overs for them to bowl out Port.

After tea it took 3 minutes for Port districts to locate their new ball, because of this I informed both captains that I would add this time on which now made the finishing time to 6.03pm.

Port Districts bowled 10 overs before tea falling 4 overs behind the prescribed over rate. Once again I informed both captains of this, to which the Ingle Farm captain said it didn’t matter as they were going to bat for 26 overs regardless. I then informed the Port Districts captain that by bowling at a slower over rate it was eating into their own batting time. After tea Port Districts did try to speed up their over rate, however they didn’t manage to make up any of the four overs they fell behind by and actually fell an extra one behind. This made the Ingle farm captain decide that it was now more important that they got a chance to bowl their 25 overs before 6.03, and to forego their initial intention of batting 26 overs and therefore declaring after facing 21 overs, 5 short of what they initially intended because of Port Districts slow over rate.

Again at the change of innings I informed both captains that the time left equates to 25 overs but the game would end at 6.03pm regardless of what overs were bowled to which again neither captain questioned.

During the early stages of PD second inning Ingle Farms over rate was very good but I did notice about halfway through that their tactics had begun to change this may have been due to thinking the outright was beginning to get out of their reach and that Port had given themselves a chance of an outright win. I informed the Ingle farm captain to make sure there was no intentional slowing down of the over rate. We had a scheduled drinks break at the just over the halfway mark about 5.20 of this last session, where 13 overs had been bowled, again at this time informing the captains the game would end at 6.03pm again no questioning from either captain. After drinks the keepers pad broke after he had to chase down and field a ball down at fine leg to which he discarded the pad, and yes Ingle farm didn’t maintain their good over rate but it wasn’t because anything untoward. Towards the end of the day both batsmen at the crease kept asking me the time and would keep them informed and let them know. We commenced the 21st over at 6.01 informing both batters and the Ingle farm captain that this would be the last over of play. At the completion of this over my partner, called time and pulled up stumps as the time of 6.03pm had elapsed.

It was at this time the Captain of Port districts came on to the oval to tell us that they were entitled their 4 overs, this was the first time during the whole course of the day that my initial incorrect adjudication of the bylaws was questioned by either captain, and this was only after Shane’s phone call to David Heyzer to seek clarification of my incorrect adjudication which apparently took place at 5.28pm.
I then at the time of been made aware of my error spoke to David on the phone telling him exactly what had taken place. He suggested if stumps hadn’t been called we should bowl the 4 overs. I told him that stumps had been called he then informed that I had made and an error but because stumps had been called the game ends in a draw.

I then got the captains together with my partner and apologised profusely for my error.
I then asked both captains in good faith if they wanted complete the last 4 overs, but I would only do this upon a consensual agreement from both captains as this is what had been done throughout the course of the days play until 6.03pm.
Ingle Farm captain said he would agree to bowl 2 overs Port Districts captain wanted a minimum of 3 overs as this was the first time throughout the whole day we all couldn’t come to an agreement, I had no alternative but to end the game.
In closing yes I made an error in judgement one which I can guarantee I won’t make again but at no stage was either captain aggrieved because of the error, until the end of the game.

Neither team was advantaged of disadvantaged as we were all in agreement at the time of the incorrect call. I will mention that at the end of the day once everything settled down and every one had rightly vented their frustrations, the players, supporters and officials where very understanding of the situation and at no stage was I or my partner made to feel uncomfortable during this situation.
Once again I apologise for my error and vow to be better and learn from this experience.
I love this game and commend the players and volunteers who put their time and effort into this game, I had I no intention in wanting to hurt this game we all love.
no_remorse28
Reserves

Postby no_remorse28 » Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:24 pm

Shane, referenced is the Port Districts scorer, who ranted and raved in Facebook about his former club, Ingle Farm and the umpires.

no_remorse28 wrote:Never mind, I found it

From Michael Tripodi, the umpire.

Whilst I understand your sentiments Shane, as the umpire in charge in this game I wish to give my side to this unfortunate mess I created.

Upon the completion of the first innings we notified the captains that there were 54 overs remaining in the day, but I thought because it was the second innings on the second day we would end play at 6pm and this would take precedence over how many overs were bowled, (this is where I made the error in adjudication of the bylaws and have taken full responsibility for this error and I’m sincerely apologetic to both captains).
At the time neither captain or anyone else for that matter questioned or disagreed to my adjudication error, because of this consensus it didn’t give me any initial doubt for me to question my adjudication at the time.

So in theory 14 overs would be bowled by PD before tea leaving 40 overs for after.
Ingle farm captain decided to go for the outright win stating that they would bat for 26 overs leaving 25 of the 54(minus 3 overs for change of innings)overs for them to bowl out Port.

After tea it took 3 minutes for Port districts to locate their new ball, because of this I informed both captains that I would add this time on which now made the finishing time to 6.03pm.

Port Districts bowled 10 overs before tea falling 4 overs behind the prescribed over rate. Once again I informed both captains of this, to which the Ingle Farm captain said it didn’t matter as they were going to bat for 26 overs regardless. I then informed the Port Districts captain that by bowling at a slower over rate it was eating into their own batting time. After tea Port Districts did try to speed up their over rate, however they didn’t manage to make up any of the four overs they fell behind by and actually fell an extra one behind. This made the Ingle farm captain decide that it was now more important that they got a chance to bowl their 25 overs before 6.03, and to forego their initial intention of batting 26 overs and therefore declaring after facing 21 overs, 5 short of what they initially intended because of Port Districts slow over rate.

Again at the change of innings I informed both captains that the time left equates to 25 overs but the game would end at 6.03pm regardless of what overs were bowled to which again neither captain questioned.

During the early stages of PD second inning Ingle Farms over rate was very good but I did notice about halfway through that their tactics had begun to change this may have been due to thinking the outright was beginning to get out of their reach and that Port had given themselves a chance of an outright win. I informed the Ingle farm captain to make sure there was no intentional slowing down of the over rate. We had a scheduled drinks break at the just over the halfway mark about 5.20 of this last session, where 13 overs had been bowled, again at this time informing the captains the game would end at 6.03pm again no questioning from either captain. After drinks the keepers pad broke after he had to chase down and field a ball down at fine leg to which he discarded the pad, and yes Ingle farm didn’t maintain their good over rate but it wasn’t because anything untoward. Towards the end of the day both batsmen at the crease kept asking me the time and would keep them informed and let them know. We commenced the 21st over at 6.01 informing both batters and the Ingle farm captain that this would be the last over of play. At the completion of this over my partner, called time and pulled up stumps as the time of 6.03pm had elapsed.

It was at this time the Captain of Port districts came on to the oval to tell us that they were entitled their 4 overs, this was the first time during the whole course of the day that my initial incorrect adjudication of the bylaws was questioned by either captain, and this was only after Shane’s phone call to David Heyzer to seek clarification of my incorrect adjudication which apparently took place at 5.28pm.
I then at the time of been made aware of my error spoke to David on the phone telling him exactly what had taken place. He suggested if stumps hadn’t been called we should bowl the 4 overs. I told him that stumps had been called he then informed that I had made and an error but because stumps had been called the game ends in a draw.

I then got the captains together with my partner and apologised profusely for my error.
I then asked both captains in good faith if they wanted complete the last 4 overs, but I would only do this upon a consensual agreement from both captains as this is what had been done throughout the course of the days play until 6.03pm.
Ingle Farm captain said he would agree to bowl 2 overs Port Districts captain wanted a minimum of 3 overs as this was the first time throughout the whole day we all couldn’t come to an agreement, I had no alternative but to end the game.
In closing yes I made an error in judgement one which I can guarantee I won’t make again but at no stage was either captain aggrieved because of the error, until the end of the game.

Neither team was advantaged of disadvantaged as we were all in agreement at the time of the incorrect call. I will mention that at the end of the day once everything settled down and every one had rightly vented their frustrations, the players, supporters and officials where very understanding of the situation and at no stage was I or my partner made to feel uncomfortable during this situation.
Once again I apologise for my error and vow to be better and learn from this experience.
I love this game and commend the players and volunteers who put their time and effort into this game, I had I no intention in wanting to hurt this game we all love.
no_remorse28
Reserves

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps