Things that you rate!

Anything!

Re: Things that you rate!

Postby Brodlach » Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:12 am

Booney wrote:The original engagement ring purchased for $89 when we engaged as money was very tight had a stone lost from it about 3 years ago. On Sunday morning I told her we were off to West Lakes for a few things, one of them was a new ring that she could select. One, I had no idea what to :shock: buy as she's not a girly girl with rings and jewelry and, two, I didn't want to under spend and look tight. I got one right, two I misunderstood her taste. :shock: $$$

Haha my wife just took her engagement ring in as it has also lost a small diamond. She comes home, $1500 to get it replaced :shock:

She’s says don’t buy me a Valentine’s Day present or a present for our 26th anniversary in March. Bloody oath I won’t.
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby amber_fluid » Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:19 am

Brodlach wrote:
Booney wrote:The original engagement ring purchased for $89 when we engaged as money was very tight had a stone lost from it about 3 years ago. On Sunday morning I told her we were off to West Lakes for a few things, one of them was a new ring that she could select. One, I had no idea what to :shock: buy as she's not a girly girl with rings and jewelry and, two, I didn't want to under spend and look tight. I got one right, two I misunderstood her taste. :shock: $$$

Haha my wife just took her engagement ring in as it has also lost a small diamond. She comes home, $1500 to get it replaced :shock:

She’s says don’t buy me a Valentine’s Day present or a present for our 26th anniversary in March. Bloody oath I won’t.

Tell her if she keeps that up, you’ll trade her in!
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2228 times
Been liked: 2523 times

Postby Dutchy » Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:09 am

Brodlach wrote:

Insurance?

Congrats Boon
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2326 times
Been liked: 3506 times

Postby Brodlach » Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:13 am

Didn’t think about insurance, would it be worth it? They’d raise the premiums I’m sure
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:38 am

Brodlach wrote:Didn’t think about insurance, would it be worth it? They’d raise the premiums I’m sure

We have claimed before for something similar, might be worth a phone call, it was pretty easy due to us being long term clients and hardly every claiming.

On a similar note when my MIL passed my wife got her wedding ring, we were in shock when we got it valued and of course had to specifically insure it, up goes the premiums $60 per month :shock:
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2326 times
Been liked: 3506 times

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:23 pm

Brodlach wrote:Didn’t think about insurance, would it be worth it? They’d raise the premiums I’m sure

Premiums dont rise because you've made a claim

Premiums rise because EVERYBODY makes a claims (ie, weather events etc)- it's not personal.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby MW » Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:04 am

Footy Chick wrote:

Premiums rise because EVERYBODY makes a claims (ie, weather events etc)- it's not personal.

I had a large claim on my home in 2023, and I can tell you premiums do indeed rise because you've made a claim...
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2610 times
Been liked: 1850 times

Postby Brodlach » Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:09 am

I always thought that was the case but FC would know better than all of us.

What I would like to know is how car premiums rise significantly for cars that devalue every year?
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach
Coach

Postby MW » Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:50 am

Brodlach wrote:I always thought that was the case but FC would know better than all of us.

What I would like to know is how car premiums rise significantly for cars that devalue every year?

They told me it was not the case but it was over double the premium from 12 months ago...
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2610 times
Been liked: 1850 times

Postby Brodlach » Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:10 am

MW wrote:
Brodlach wrote:I always thought that was the case but FC would know better than all of us.

They told me it was not the case but it was over double the premium from 12 months ago...

Jeepers
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:06 am

MW wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:

I had a large claim on my home in 2023, and I can tell you premiums do indeed rise because you've made a claim...

Could be coincidental.
Floods, house prices rising all contribute as well.
Mine went up heaps as well and I didn’t make a claim.
Not double though as that’s crazy
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:29 am

I love the old "act of God" clause. If you believe that theory / imagination then EVERY THING is an act of God.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10781 times

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:36 am

Booney wrote:I love the old "act of God" clause. If you believe that theory / imagination then EVERY THING is an act of God.

Insurance is the biggest rip off ever UNTIL you need to use it.
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu Feb 08, 2024 12:11 pm

MW wrote:

No claim bonus?

Your rating might have dropped - I buy protected NCB so it doesn't
Your rating should be on your renewal

Motor and HH insurance premiums are increasing because insurers make no profit on those portfolio and the cost of repairs and parts have sky rocketed over the past 4 years
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 720 times
Been liked: 1072 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby gadj1976 » Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:24 am

Because depreciation and replacement parts are mutually exclusive.

Cars depreciate because less people may want that type of car in future (ie, European cars are notorious for this) or are more expensive to begin with (luxury tax?).

From a premium perspective, parts are more difficult to come by, maybe they have to be imported and then labour to fix those cars is harder to find and more expensive? Maybe they are more prone to faults or being stolen?
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 796 times
Been liked: 850 times

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:35 pm

MW wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:

MW, a big chunk of SA had large claims in 22/23 and moreso across Australia - hence the blanket 30% minimum rise across the board with most insurers

But hey, what would I know? :roll:

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:38 pm

gadj1976 wrote:

Because depreciation and replacement parts are mutually exclusive.

Cars depreciate because less people may want that type of car in future (ie, European cars are notorious for this) or are more expensive to begin with (luxury tax?).

From a premium perspective, parts are more difficult to come by, maybe they have to be imported and then labour to fix those cars is harder to find and more expensive? Maybe they are more prone to faults or being stolen?

What he said :lol:

- You may also find that insured values have increased for various cars this year, just due to the market still not being completely settled after COVID.

For example, i can get more for my car now at 6 years old, than what I paid for it.

That's Toyotas though.

Footy Chick

Postby Vamos » Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:50 am

A late morning walk on the beach, free the peach!
Whoops, there goes another year. Whoops, there goes another pint of beer.
Vamos
League - Top 5

Has liked: 354 times
Been liked: 476 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby Lightning McQueen » Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:58 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
MW, a big chunk of SA had large claims in 22/23 and moreso across Australia - hence the blanket 30% minimum rise across the board with most insurers

But hey, what would I know? :roll:

One of my cars insurance rose around 25% last year yet the other about 2%, both with NRMA (who are shit btw, I’ve rang/chat lined/emailed them at least 15 times to try and access my policy online.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4347 times
Been liked: 7926 times

Postby Jim05 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:15 pm

Travel insurance has gone through the roof too.
Heading to Norway and some other parts of Europe for a month in a few weeks time and sheesh I know Covid hit and yada, yada, yada but it’s a fair whack up on previous policies we have had and we travel a lot
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3553 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion